• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hemamalini's bold action to thwart unethical misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The organisers had arranged Hemamalin's dance programme and an exhibition of pervert MF Hussain's pictures in the same venue at the same time without informing her. Later they would claim that Hemamalini had endorsed MF Hussain and his paintings. Hemamalini put her foot down and the exhibition was cancelled.

Smt. Hema Malini withdraws dance performance when made aware of MF Hussain’s exhibition by the organizaer in Newyork which then forced the organiser's to withdraw perverted M F Hussein's exhibitions.

Smt. Hema malini's response as follows in response to a protest letter

I am as pained as you are by the events that took place in New York on the 1st of October, 2011.

During the many discussions I had with SAAMA, the organisers of the event, prior to my departure to New York, I was never given any indication of clubbing my dance performance with MF Hussain’s paintings. I was indeed shocked and in fact withdrew from my dance
commitment if my show was spoken of in the same breath as that of Hussain’s paintings.

Ms. Simmi Bhatia, the organiser, on my demand, withdrew the paintings.I could then present my program of classical dances along with my daughters to the delight of audiences which included many dignitaries
including the Consul General of India, Shri. Prabhu Dayal.

Let me reassure one and all that my birth, upbringing and innate faith as a Hindu can never be questioned and aberrations like the present one will in fact strengthen my belief and commitment to the glory of Hinduism.

reminds me of ilayaraja, when he refused to pen the music for the film 'periyar'. as a believer, he said, he could not make any music extolling the godlessness of periyar.

i saw hema in arakshan recently. she acted nobly, coming out on the side of the underdogs. :)

Hats off to Smt.Hemamalini for her sense of descipline and respect towards her values that's been instilled in her right from her birth as a Hindu. It is really appreciable to note her sensitivity and cultural importance/values though being a celebrity.

:yo:

I had read about the protest by Hindu Jagruti Samaj about this matter..at that time I think no one knew that Hema Malini was not aware of it.
Now since matters has been cleared its good that she put her foot down and showed the world what a true Hindu woman is.

Hema, as a member and MP of the RSS/BJP, has acted according to her Political Manifesto...

I am not surprised at all.

:)

Above all She is originated from T.B community.
Yes, all TBs must be proud of this Iyengar girl who did this:

"Hema fell in love with her co-star Dharmendra during the filming of Sholay. She eventually married him in 1980. Before they married, they both converted to Islam, since Dharmendra was already married to Prakash Kaur who refused to divorce him."

For more click here.

Women like Hemamalini are called home-wreckers. She went after a married man and to get him she was ready to abandon the great Sanatana Darma and take up a religion that makes the skin of Sanatana Darmees crawl.

All these accolades for an artist who hates another artist, enough to make me puke ....

Wow! they converted in order to get married??? I am not saying she was right in wrecking someone's marriage.. I have seen too much in my life to judge her or anybody.. but at the same time, I do think she was right in not dancing along with such an exhibition...

In this case her personal life is not the one we should be talking about.. she stood for what she believed in, as a dancer, I feel it is sacred and should be treated with respect..

The one and only....Hemamalini Chakravarthy..er no Deol...er...nevermind!

But it takes two to tango and that Garam Dharam is also at fault. In fact more than Hema as he is the very much married chap that he was!

I present you Hemamalini :)

Hema_Malini_BollywoodSargam_interview_488174.webp

Ok i admit i'm a fan of hers for completely superficial reasons. She is just so beautiful!

But it takes two to tango and that Garam Dharam is also at fault. In fact more than Hema as he is the very much married chap that he was!

I present you Hemamalini :)

View attachment 1350

Ok i admit i'm a fan of hers for completely superficial reasons. She is just so beautiful!

I agree on that note dear, she is very beautiful lady, she was taught by the same Kuchipudi master Sri. Vempati Chinna Sathyam, She of course was already a budding star, she came every week and had two hours special class.. she was beautiful then and she is beautiful now.. well maintained, that is what I like about her too.. many stars have just given up after marriage, but not her, she is active, does what she loves and hats off to her for that.. :-)

Wow! they converted in order to get married??? I am not saying she was right in wrecking someone's marriage.. I have seen too much in my life to judge her or anybody.. but at the same time, I do think she was right in not dancing along with such an exhibition...

In this case her personal life is not the one we should be talking about.. she stood for what she believed in, as a dancer, I feel it is sacred and should be treated with respect..

Hello ALL Hema Fans:

Out of curiosity only,

Can someone tell me whether Hema and Dharmandra are practicing any religion?

Since they converted to Islam (as per Wiki) to get married, I would expect that they renounced their original religion (Hinduism?) and practice Islam... But, again she has been an active member of BJP!!???

Or what?

:)

...Since they converted to Islam (as per Wiki) to get married, I would expect that they renounced their original religion (Hinduism?) and practice Islam..
Y, here is a quote from Hema's protest letter OP has cited:

"Let me reassure one and all that my birth, upbringing and innate faith as a Hindu can never be questioned and aberrations like the present one will in fact strengthen my belief and commitment to the glory of Hinduism".

From this it is clear that her conversion was strictly for the purpose of getting married to Dharam, in other words a fraud against their own gods of "glorious Hinduism".

Now that she is officially Muslim, on the record, now expressing belief in glorious Hinduism would amount to apostasy, for which the punishment could be quite severe.

Bushu, yes, this is her personal life, but she is also a public figure, a BJP politician, taking strong stand against a much acclaimed artist who was forced to abandon his home country in the last days of his life by Hindu fanatics.

She then shamelessly declares her belief in and commitment to the glory of Hinduism, the same ism she dropped liked a hot potato for her own convenience, and adopted the ism of the same artist she is now protesting.

In a way all this is alright, but the strong commendation she is receiving here, and claiming her as one of their own, a TB, is well, I hesitate to be blunt, but the only word that can aptly describe this is "shameless".

Cheers!

"From this it is clear that her conversion was strictly for the purpose of getting married to Dharam, in other words a fraud against their own gods of "glorious Hinduism".

Now that she is officially Muslim, on the record, now expressing belief in glorious Hinduism would amount to apostasy, for which the punishment could be quite severe." - Nara, post # 15

Dear N:

Clearly, this is FRAUD in broad day light!

Where are our Moral Czars here?

Wait & watch.

Where are our Moral Czars here?

Wait & watch.

Here we come! MFHussains' nude portrayal of India was opposed even by a group of muslims.
http://hindu.com/2006/02/26/stories/2006022605191100.htm

H
ow did he become artistic with such pictures of India and hindu deities? How did his consciousness slip his own religious figures? Duplicity!

People like Hema can be influenced by cinema and other things during young age. But, now, she might have a different understanding. Our karma and attributive knowledge keeps changing!

Govinda, has she renounced Islam formally?

It is irrelevant for me. I don't watch any other news except for few tech news or climate/safety/health news.

'Understanding', need not be converting to Hinduism. May also be knowing what values are, respecting others and other's values, or even develop better reasoning etc... to million things.

Last edited:
Govinda, has she renounced Islam formally?

If she renounces it formally, she is punishable by death, according to Islamic law. That is a strong reason for anyone not to renounce Islam officially!

I do not know whether she renounced Islam, but if she does, we know who will NOT show even an iota of interest to protect her from Islamic fanatics: the atheists!

H
ow did he become artistic with such pictures of India and hindu deities? How did his consciousness slip his own religious figures? Duplicity!

Govinda,

Please go through these links, if you have time, for a very different perspective on MFH's paintings. The article is quite long but makes very interesting reading!

http://bharatendu.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/m-f-husain-in-a-new-light-a-hindu-art-perspective/

http://bharatendu.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/m-f-husain-in-a-new-light-a-hindu-art-perspective-2/

I agree with the author for most part. MFH's paintings are not anti-hindu. Curiously, it is possible that some members in this forum may develop a revulsion against him after reading this article - what with all the respect he had for hinduism.

But, unlike the pseudo-seculars, I would not blame only the hindutva parties. In India, it is very difficult to view any religious matter in isolation and Congress, which is no less communal, gamed this situation to the hilt without lending any real help to MFH.

But all said and done, I think MFH was indeed a victim of communal politics in India. His moving away from India is a national loss. May his soul rest in peace!

Last edited:
Hema and Dharam loved each other and falling in love is no crime.
Being married doesnt mean that we are exempted to fall in love with anyone else anytime.
Love just happens to anyone married or single.
I guess many men were/are jealous of Dharam that he had "bragging rights" to get the Dream Girl!!LOL!!!

Last edited:
It is irrelevant for me.
Govinda, she was talking of her commitment to the glory of Hinduism while at the same time dumping it for her personal convenience, and this is irrelevant to you? This attitude is exactly what I was pointing out and you confirm it. Her personal life is none of my concern, but when she takes a public position, then she needs to be consistent, at the very least she should renounce her youthful indiscretions, no? If she wants to have her cake and eat it too, then support for her can be criticized with justification.

கால பைரவன்;102395 said:
If she renounces it formally, she is punishable by death, according to Islamic law. That is a strong reason for anyone not to renounce Islam officially!
She should have thought about that when she converted for her own selfish personal convenience. நாய் வேஷம் போட்டால் குலைச்சுத்தான் ஆகணும், nobody forced her to embrace Islam.

I do not know whether she renounced Islam, but if she does, we know who will NOT show even an iota of interest to protect her from Islamic fanatics: the atheists!
First and fore most, Aisha Bi is not being threatened by anybody even though she has declared her belief in and commitment to glorious Hinduism. So, this is a matter of principle only, no danger to her life or liberty.

Protecting Aisha Bi, a demonstrable rank hypocrite, from threats of fanatics of her coreligionists is not the responsibility of atheists. Atheists reject all religions and the fanatics of all of them, Hindu, Islam, Christian, et al. Protecting this hypocrite Aisha Bi is the responsibility of the secular laws of the land, the same secularism you guys love to hate. If the secular law enforcement officials fail to protect her, then, in spite of her rank hypocrisy, I shall stand in protest, with you, in no less measure.

Anyway, she voluntarily embraced Islam for her own selfish reasons, and now you want our sympathy for her and want us to overlook her own crass selfish act, all because she may face threats from the fanatics of the religion she voluntarily embraced? It looks like you have no principle but to protect anyone who is BJP.

Why should anyone lift a little finger for a person who showed nothing but selfishness in every way, why does she deserve our sympathy any more than millions of ordinary people whose untold misery they suffer all their life never get recognized.

Cheers!

Hema and Dharam loved each other and falling in love is no crime.
Being married doesnt mean that we are exempted to fall in love with anyone else anytime.
Love just happens to anyone married or single.
I guess many men were/are jealous of Dharam that he had "bragging rights" to get the Dream Girl!!LOL!!!

A married man can't marry another woman, as per the law.

To circumvent the law of the land, Dharm & Hema converted to Islam, when they renounced all other religion as per the vow they took before the caliph or the mullah.

A vow taken must be adhered to...

Otherwise, the whole act will be called as FRAUD and they are HYPOCRITES, period.

There's no two ways about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back