• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Healthly food

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

siganeswarie

Lemons

Add a slice of lemon to your green tea. One study found that citrus increases your body's ability to absorb the antioxidants in the tea by about 80 percent.

Broccoli

One medium stalk of broccoli contains more than 100 percent of your daily vitamin K requirement and almost 200 percent of your recommended daily dose of vitamin C -- two essential bone-building nutrients. -- The same serving also helps stave off numerous cancers.

Dark Chocolate

Just one-fourth of an ounce daily can reduce blood pressure in otherwise healthy individuals. -- Cocoa powder is rich in flavonoids, antioxidants shown to reduce "bad" LDL cholesterol and increase "good" HDL levels.

I had been meaning to try brown rice pudding for ages. I love the traditional Indian Rice pudding and so naturally was curious how this one would turn out to be. It was yummy. I would normally have used Short grained brown rice for this but since I had only the medium grain (Now I did not want to buy short grain just to make this and add it to my ‘chuck-your-pantry-items” list! Totally would beat the purpose, right? But it was delicious. I could eat it instead of the meal. It was that good. It did not make me think “Nutrition” or “health food”. It just made my palate light up with the first spoon! I added only about 4-5 tbsp of sugar (I think!) since we like it with less sweet along with using 2% milk (that’s what I had on hand) so it also turned out to be a low calorie treat. Next time you want to enjoy a guilt free dessert after dinner, make this! Its so totally worth it
icon_smile.gif

• Ingredients – Serves 4-5 ppl
  • 1 cup brown rice (short grain works best. This time I used medium for this but the result was still satisfactory)
  • 3 cups 2% milk (use soy milk for vegan option)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1/4 – 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
  • 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
  • generous pinch of saffron
  • sugar to taste ( use honey or any other sweetener)
  • couple of tbsp of sliced and toasted almonds and pistachio nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back