• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Have anyone heard about jwala Ji mata Temple ?

Namaste to all

since i am from north india , i would love to enrich your knowledge of north india..
Have anyone heard about jwala Ji mata Temple in himachal ?
It is attached with some great stories ...

Thanks
Yes, of course. I have heard of Jwala Mata temple, though I have not been to Himachal Pradesh. I have travelled across the length and breadth of the country with my family to visit various temples including the Karni Mata temple (popularly known as the Rat Temple) in Rajasthan. I speak Hindi and Bengali like a native, courtesy my nearly five decades stay in Kolkata, though I have been residing in Tamil Nadu for the past 14 years. My language skills are of immense help in my travels across the country. In 2018 I planned to visit the little known Ananthapura Lake Temple in Kasargod, Kerala, but was dissuaded due to heavy floods. The main attraction of this temple is a "Vegetarian Crocodile ?" which eats only the prasad (offerings) given to it by priests comprising huge rice balls mixed with jaggery. The crocodile does not even eat the fish in the temple lake. I would love to swim in this lake, albeit with a little trepidation, alongside the crocodile. The crocodile mostly remains invisible in its cave under a rock and comes out for meals when called by the temple priests. It is believed that it is a blessing to sight this crocodile. Thanks for reading.

hi

yes....it is in kangra distt himachal pradesh....when i was serving in indian army in chandigarh...i heard abt

a lot ...even i visited some parts of himachal pradesh....but i was not able visit jwala ji mata..

Latest ads

Back