• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anyone in Frankfurt, Germany?

Hello community, I moved out of India 20 years ago and currently live in Frankfurt, Germany. I grew up in a wonderful joint family in Madras and I very fondly remember the traditions and festivals we celebrated when I was a child. Those lovely memories, rightly so for a child, are all of the delicious food that my mother so diligently prepared and none of what she actually did on those days. I lost my mother 13 years back and unfortunately, with her went also the knowledge of traditions. I never celebrated any festivala for the last 13 years because it reminded me of my mother's absence. This year, I had my son, my first child and I would like to keep our traditions alive. Except, I have no idea where to begin. I have been scouring this forum for festivals and procedures and they have been very helpful. What I would really like is to meet someone here in Frankfurt, and perhaps celebrate together to make things easier. I have a day job, so someone who also understands celebrating festivals on a tight time schedule would be a great fit. If you know of someone, who knows someone, or if you are that someone and up for some good company, please reach out. Thanks!

Latest ads

Back