• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy onam.. My dear friends.....!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends... A Very Happy Onam to all of You... May this Onam bring happiness and peace to all of you...

Please enjoy the e-card and the songs specially posted for all my Tamil Brahim Forum Friends..Today is Utradam.. and tomorrow Thiruvonam... come on let us celebrate this special Onam together... Thank You... Anandi

Happy Onam Celebration! Free Onam eCards, Greeting Cards from 123greetings.com

Poovili.. Poovili.. Ponnonamaayi.... Nee varu.. nee varu... Ponnonatumbi....

Poovili Poovili Ponnonamaayi - YouTube

Thiruvona pulariyil....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK6GpzMfah4&feature=related

http://www

onam-2_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
happy onam to everyone who celebrates it here, there and everywhere.

for our avial, we were able to procur chakkai kottai (jack fruit seeds), a special favourite of mine. this thanks to our sri lankan cousins, whose stores are aplenty with our staples. all other ingredients including chenai, elavan, vaazhakkai etc can be got without any effort.

i have some folks adding kathrikkai in avial. cant still figure that!

among my favourite kazhangus, only thing missing so far is kaavathu kazhangu, and so unable to celebrate thiruadarai :(

the coming weekend, they are also having a boat race, at brampton, a suburb of toronto. not bad!!

hi anandi...

ATTAM PATHONAM.....beautiful chindhood onam festival in palakkad......still green memories with POOKALAM.....with onam sadya...

HAPPY ONAM TO U....

regards
tbs

Last edited:
A very happy Thiruvonam to one and all.

It also is Vamana Jayanthi and Hayagriva jayanthi and Sravana Dwadasai vratham

Best wishes and Regards

Thank you all... let us enjoy this day from wherever we are along with our near and dear ones keeping the fond memories of our childhood Onam day’s close to the hearts.........
To complete this Onam season we need a boat race..Here I am posting the famous "kuttanadan Punchayile" song for you...Enjoy the song.. and have a nice day....

Thank you so much for the fabulous responses and wishes.. May this Onam bring happiness and peace to one and all throughout the Year..

kuttanadan Punchayile - Evergreen Malayalam Song - YouTube

Happy Onam to all celebrating. Incidentally can anyone tell me if Onam is a bigger deal than Diwali for Malayalees? Do Kerala Iyers and Pattars also celebrate this in the same big way as Malayalees?

amala,

malayalis do not celebrate deepavali. yes pattars celebrate onam. in my grandma house onam was a bigger celebration. mom started making a big deal out of deepavali only after marrying and moving to madras. and that too, we used to only buy pattasu. not much of sweets or savouries or such stuff. onam rocks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back