• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy New Year 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015. Vaikunta Ekadashi falls on this day. Of course, there is a dilemma. Religious people may do fasting on this day. Year's first day fasting could mean repeated fasting in this year. Pray forgive those undertaking sympathetic fast who may skip this year.

I WHOLE HEATEDLY WISH ALL OUR MEMBERS "A VERY VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2015. A good reason is, as per Numerology, it starts with 1,1. So this year will be excellent over all.
JOTHIE PRAKHAAS

I thank the Association for the kind wishes. Let me reciprocate to all our members that by God's Grace 2015 rewards each one of us in abundance Divine Peace, Prosperity and best health and happiness;Great tat the occasion also coincides wit Sri Vaikunta Ekadasi this time connoting the 'ushering in the Divine Blissfulness right as it dawns' !
Yours,
M.Gopalakrishan

Wish ALL Members a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015.LET there be PEACE,PROSPERITY,All round Happiness,Healthy LIFE,Progress in Material Life & Progress in Spiritual Life,Lot of ACHIEVEMENTS to remember
during 2015.
B.Krishnamurthy

I Wish All Tamil Brahmin Friends A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2015!!!

I Wish All Tamil Brahmin Friends A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2015!!!

Thanks for the New Year wishes. I wish all the community members a very Happy, Prosperous, Healthy and Contended New Year - 2015.

Best Wishes to the members and their families.

Jawaharlal

WISHING ALL MEMBERS OF TAMIL BRAHMIN SITE A VERY HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR 2015.

VALLIYOORMURUGAN SARANAM

Subramania Iyer, Thrpunthura

This is Luky New year from my inbox Nice

In the Chinese calendar, 2015 is called the year of the sheep. Do keep this in mind when you read the rest of this article that attempts to show you how to be luckier in the New Year.
There is an interesting anecdote about Napoleon Bonaparte.
During a meeting, his subordinates informed Napoleon of a new general who was turning out to be extremely capable. The new man’s bravery, skill, determination and organisational capabilities were outlined for him in great detail. Napoleon waved his hand impatiently. “That’s all very well,” said Napoleon. “But tell me... is he lucky?”
Napoleon’s question may sound rather strange in our times, but he saw luck as a personal trait rather than an extraneous factor. A lucky person would succeed, even under adverse conditions. On the other hand, a capable and qualified general could prove to be disastrous on the battlefield if he wasn’t inherently lucky.
Luck is associated with a variety of incomprehensible objects, superstitions and rituals, but is rarely analysed rationally. This gives good luck a bad rap. Thus, the world usually looks down on people who rely on luck.
But we do need to find ways to examine luck rationally if we are to be luckier in 2015, right? We all know that it’s possible to train oneself to be a good communicator, to be more organised, sociable or efficient. Many traits and personal attributes that may not be part of our nature can be developed through nurture. Can luck be similarly developed? Can one train oneself to be lucky? It is my belief that one can.
The Roman philosopher Seneca had observed, “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” In effect, if we can find ways to increase the number of opportunities that come our way; recognise these opportunities better; and respond more effectively to such opportunities, we could indeed increase our “luck quotient”.
So let me tell you about one of the key factors that can help make you luckier in 2015. It is called networking.
“Luck hates loneliness. It’s almost impossible to be lucky alone,” says Philippe Gabilliet, associate professor in psychology at the business school, ESCP Europe
. For you to appreciate this point better, let me tell you the story of sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar.

Ravi Shankar was a music director with All India Radio (AIR) from 1949 to 1956. V.K. Narayana Menon, director, AIR Delhi, introduced him to violinist Yehudi Menuhin. Menuhin invited Ravi Shankar to perform in America. As a result of his subsequent American tours, the sitar maestro became friends with Richard Bock, founder of World Pacific Records. Ravi Shankar executed several recordings at Bock’s studio. The American rock band The Byrds also used to record at the same studio. They ended up hearing the sounds of the sitar and this led them to incorporate some of Shankar’s music into their tracks.
The new sounds in The Byrds’ music tracks came to the attention of George Harrison of the Beatles while he was attending a party at the house of actor Zsa Zsa Gabor. He soon visited India for six weeks to study the sitar under Ravi Shankar in Kashmir.
The Beatles went on to use the sitar in the track Norwegian Wood thus creating a “raga rock” trend in the West. His association with The Beatles made Ravi Shankar the most famous Indian musician on the planet and in 1969 he performed at Woodstock before thousands of frenzied fans.
Ever heard about the chaos theory? More particularly, the butterfly effect? The name of the effect, coined by Edward Lorenz, is derived from the theoretical example of a hurricane’s formation being determined by whether or not a distant butterfly had flapped its wings several weeks earlier! It is a perfect illustration of the extremely interconnected world that we live in. Six degrees of separation is much truer than we care to imagine.

Writer Max Gunther sums it up beautifully. “The bigger your web of friendly contacts, the better the odds in your favour. You cannot know what complex interconnection of human relationships will guide the thunderbolt in your direction. But you can know, with certainty, that the probability of your getting hit is directly proportional to the number of people who know your name.”
I started this article by telling you that 2015 is called the year of the sheep. You will notice that sheep always flock together. Staying together keeps them safe and warm. Sheep seem to have understood the fact that luck hates loneliness.
So here’s wishing you better networking and bloody good luck in 2015!
(Ashwin Sanghi is a New York Times bestselling author. He has written five books: The Rozabal Line, Chanakya’s Chant, The Krishna Key, Private India and, his latest, 13 Steps to Bloody Good Luck.)[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Wishing all members a very Happy and Prosperous, Bright, Successful, Profitable and Peaceful New Year 2015, Om Namo Narayanaya:dance:

New Year's Eve: Global celebrations bring in 2015

New Year's Eve: Global celebrations bring in 2015

Celebrations to mark the start of 2015 have taken place around the world, with firework displays in a host of major cities.

New Zealand led the way, with Sydney Harbour providing a spectacular backdrop to Australia's display.
There was shock in Asia as a crush in Shanghai, China saw 35 people die marking the start of 2015.
The Gulf Arab emirate of Dubai aimed to break the world record for the largest LED-illuminated facade.
It launched its spectacular display centred on the world's tallest building.

Thousands of people celebrated in New York's Times Square for the city's annual New Year's Eve festivities, but this year security was tight as a protest took place nearby against police use of force and the state of race relations in the country.

See Video

and read from here

BBC News - New Year's Eve: Global celebrations bring in 2015

Happy New Year to all
attachment.php

Attachments

• Happy New Year.jpg
    Happy New Year.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads