• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Greatest need of TB's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm a university student from the U.S. and as a part of my anthropological studies (two years actually), I've been researching Tamil Brahmins for some time. I spent 7 weeks in TN last summer to continue my research and to visit some friends.

The question I am interested in is this: what would you say is the greatest need for Tamil Brahmins? (I am most interested in those living in TN because that's where my research is focused).

Hi everyone. I'm a university student from the U.S. and as a part of my anthropological studies (two years actually), I've been researching Tamil Brahmins for some time. I spent 7 weeks in TN last summer to continue my research and to visit some friends.

The question I am interested in is this: what would you say is the greatest need for Tamil Brahmins? (I am most interested in those living in TN because that's where my research is focused).

Greatest need of TB community in Tamilnadu is education. If equal opportunity is provided in education, then the younger generation will take care of themselves.

Right from school level to higher level, education is totally spoiled in Tamilnadu.

Government schools have lost their relevance. Good private schools are exorbitantly costly.

Traditionally brahmin community didn't accumulate much of wealth. They have been considering education as the best asset. But today they are unable to get good education at reasonable cost.

Privatisation of education right from school to college level has put the community at a great disadvantage. Political leaders irrespective of party affiliation have managed to get licenses to run schools and colleges and are charging exorbitant fees.

Reservation is driving TB community to private colleges. Getting admission in private colleges is not a problem but paying tuition fee and meeting other expenes is the biggest problem.

Second problem is social security. Medical expenses and old age maintenance is the major problem. While medical expenses could be managed to some extent by going to Government hospitals, there is no proper coverage for old age. Since brahmins don't save much, old age has become a big problem nowadays.

All the best

Greatest need

1) All TB boys must have girls available to marry within. The sub-divisions like vathima, vadama, brahacharanam and ashstasahasram must be ignored and there shall be no discrimination within when it comes to marriage.
2) We should never ask for reservation on jobs or higher education as long as there is open quota available.
3) Rich persons from within this community should make educational institutions to benefit the poor among us.
4) Knowledge, education and learning are those things that we are good at and we should only go in pursuit of them.

Problem facing the TBs

One can say that there is lack of faith and identity. First thing is that they have to develop faith in their abilities and extend their
hands of assistance among themselves. This will help to create
an identify of the community and they can derive strength from this.

Rgds,
Mohan

Greatest identity of Our Community is Joint Family Culture,Taking care of Elders especially Parents when they became old and Even after their Demise,regularly performing Pithru Tharpans and Shirardham every year.

This culture almost Disappeared.Except in some villages we can see Very Few families here and there.

Just as Others said Education is a Major and Burning Problem.

Another Thing Dis Unity among our Community. We never come forward to unite even for a common cause.If any attrocity of any other Brahmin Bashing People,we pulls our head inside and shut the doors.In Thanjavur Dist.Poonal Cutting by DK Rowdies was very often.

We never unite together and oppose.Not even come forward to make a complaint in Police Stn.If some pigs are sent inside a Mosque,the Whole muslim community joins together,and block the road.The whole state comes to Stand still.

We not even come in mass gathering and stay united behind a Political Party (any party) which comes forward in support of us.

Howmany Brahmins stay united and oppose Jeya who arrested Kanchi Acharaya ?

Except BJP no other political party showed their protest.

Like these many dis advantages,Contraversis,Differences in Opinion, goes on cultivated for a very long time,since 1960s.

Sir,
I understand that Parsi community helps members of their community
in getting interest free loans for pursuit of higher education.Students
from poor TB community should be helped in getting freely loans for their studies. Well wishers and persons who are financially sound can contribute money to a TRUST FUND.This is being done by some families on a limited scale.This is not enough to cover ALL NEEDY TBS.
For this there should be unity among the TB community and more publicity and awareness is necessary. I have remained in North India for more than
40 years from the age of 20 and was visiting tamilnadu only for short spells.When I finally settled in Nanganallur,Chennai in the year 1996
I had no opportunity to come across ******* members and my area is
predominantly a TB area.There may be many persons like me who have
never heard of such an organisation or had opportunity to come across
members of such organisations.I personally feel the NEED OF THE HOUR IS TO SEE ALL TBS ARE ENROLLED AS MEMBERS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS AND DONATIONS Collected.For this youngsters from the community
should come forward to work as volunteers.
BK.

Sir,
I understand that Parsi community helps members of their community
in getting interest free loans for pursuit of higher education.Students
from poor TB community should be helped in getting freely loans for their studies. Well wishers and persons who are financially sound can contribute money to a TRUST FUND.This is being done by some families on a limited scale.This is not enough to cover ALL NEEDY TBS.
For this there should be unity among the TB community and more publicity and awareness is necessary. I have remained in North India for more than
40 years from the age of 20 and was visiting tamilnadu only for short spells.When I finally settled in Nanganallur,Chennai in the year 1996
I had no opportunity to come across ******* members and my area is
predominantly a TB area.There may be many persons like me who have
never heard of such an organisation or had opportunity to come across
members of such organisations.I personally feel the NEED OF THE HOUR IS TO SEE ALL TBS ARE ENROLLED AS MEMBERS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS AND DONATIONS Collected.For this youngsters from the community
should come forward to work as volunteers.
BK.

Sri Krishnamoorthi,

At present there is no organisation within our community in Tamilnadu which focuses on poor among our community. However through this forum we are trying to help poor on case to case on ad hoc basis. Please don't give money to any organisation within Tamilnadu if they come for any donations. Let us try to evolve a charitable venture through this forum.

To the best of my knowledge, Kerala Iyers Trust, (KIT) Mumbai is doing a wonderful job for our community members irrespective of location. They have proper verification procedure for the beneficiaries and are definitely doing the service which you have mentioned in your posting.

Please watch these columns regularly where we definitely step in whenever a need arises. We shall try to evolve an organised umbrella at the earliest.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back