• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Good Time Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
What goes around comes around

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...

One day a man saw an old lady, stranded on the side of the road, but even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her.
Even with the smile on his face, she looked worried. No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so. Was he going to hurt her? He didn't look safe; he looked poor and hungry.

He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold. He knew how she felt. It was that chill which only fear can put in you.

He said, 'I'm here to help you, ma'am. Why don't you wait in the car where it's warm? By the way, my name
is Bryan Anderson.'

Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough. Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. Soon he was able to change the tire. But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt.

As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him. She told him that she was from St. Louis and was only just passing through. She couldn't thank him enough for coming to her aid.

Bryan just smiled as he closed her trunk. The lady asked how much she owed him. Any amount would have been all right with her. She already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped. Bryan never thought twice about being paid. This was not a job to him. This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty, who had given him a hand in the past. He had lived his whole life that way, and it never
occurred to him to act any other way.

He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance they needed, and Bryan added, 'And think of me.'

He waited until she started her car and drove off. It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for home, disappearing into the twilight.

A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe. She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home. It was a dingy looking restaurant. Outside were two old gas pumps. The whole scene was unfamiliar to her. The waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. She had a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the whole day couldn't erase. The lady noticed the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude.
The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger. Then she remembered Bryan ..

After the lady finished her meal, she paid with a hundred dollar bill. The waitress quickly went to get change for her hundred dollar bill, but the old lady had slipped right out the door. She was gone by the time the waitress came back. The waitress wondered where the lady could be. Then she noticed something written on the napkin.

There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady wrote: 'You don't owe me anything. I have been there too. Somebody once helped me out, the way I'm helping you. If you really want to pay me back, here is what you do: Do not let this chain of love end with you.'

Under the napkin were four more $100.

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another day. That night when she got home from work and climbed into
bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written. How could the lady have known how much she and her husband needed it? With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard....

She knew how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low, 'Everything's going to be all right. I love you, Bryan Anderson.'

There is an old saying... 'What goes around comes around.' Today I send you this story, and I'm asking you to pass it on. Let this light shine.
God works in mysterious ways and sometimes puts people in our lives for a reason.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/dcw-behala/UC2lmimQBWQ/0ruINYlJwW8J

The Fisherman

The Fisherman

An Investment Banker was at the pier of a small coastal Indian village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna.

The Investment Banker complimented the Fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked, “How long does it take to catch them?” The Fisherman replied: “Only a little while.”

An Investment Banker was at the pier of a small coastal Indian village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna.

The Investment Banker complimented the Fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked, “How long does it take to catch them?” The Fisherman replied: “Only a little while.”

The Banker then asked why didn’t he stay out longer and catch more fish? The Fisherman said he had enough to support his family’s immediate needs. The Banker then asked, “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”

The fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take dinner with my wife, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play cards with my friends, I have a full and busy life.”

The Banker scoffed, “I am a MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats.

Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution.

You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mumbai, then London and eventually New York where you will run your expanding enterprise.”

The fisherman asked, “But, how long will this all take?” To which the Banker replied, “15-25 years.”

“But what then?” The Banker laughed and said that’s the best part. “When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions.”

“Millions … Then what?” The Banker said, “ Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take dinner with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play cards with your friends.“

The Fisherman replied: " that is what exactly i am doing now"

Moral: Work hard to achieve your goals in life but do not run for the goals which are not going to really give you fruitful results at the end of the day. Work hard but give time to yourself and your family. Do not compromise your family life.

The Investment Banker and the Fisherman, Delayed Gratification | Truth and Traditions

The Stone on the Road

The Stone on the Road

One day a farmer, walking down the street in a small town came across a large stone in the middle of his path. The farmer complained: "Who could be so careless as to leave such a big stone on the road? Why does someone not remove it?" He went away complaining.

The next day, the same thing happened with a milkman. He too went away grumbling but left the stone as it was. Then one day, a student came across the stone. Worried that some¬one may fall over it and hurt himself, he decided to push it aside. He pushed long and hard all by himself and eventually managed to remove the stone from the path. He came back and noticed a piece of paper where the stone was kept. He picked the paper and opened it. Inside was written, "You are the true wealth of this nation."

There are two kinds of people - talkers and doers. Talkers merely talk, while doers do. The moral of this story is that if you don't want to get involved you have no right to criticise. Become the change you wish to see in this world.

Service to society is the rent we pay for the space we occupy on this earth

Improve Yourself Daily !: Story: The Stone on the Road

சோழ நாட்டு மன்னனும் அவரது மகளின் திருமணம

சோழ நாட்டு மன்னனும் அவரது மகளின் திருமணமும் - புதிர் கதை

பல நூறு ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பாக சோழ நாட்டை ஆண்டு வந்த மன்னன் இறந்துவிட , அப்போது வயது 18 ஆகியிருந்த அவனது மகனான கரிகாலனை, அரசனாக மக்கள் முடி சூட்டினார்கள். அவன் சிறுவனாக இருந்த போதிலும், சிறந்த அறிஞனாக விளங்கினான்.

மக்களும் நேர்மையுடனும், நல்ல நடத்தையுடனும் இருந்தார்கள்.

அந்த நாட்டைச் சேர்ந்த ஒரு ஊரில் ஒரு முதியவர், தனது மகளுக்கு மணம் செய்துவைக்க வேண்டும் என்று கருதினார்.

அந்த திருமணச் செலவிற்காக, தனது நிலத்தை விற்க முடிவு செய்தார்.

இன்னொரு முதியவரோ, இளைஞனான தனது மகன் உழைத்துப் பொருள் சேர்க்கவேண்டும் என்பதற்காக அந்த நிலத்தை வாங்கினார்.

நிலத்தை வாங்கியபின், தன் மகனுடன் அந்த நிலத்தை பண்படுத்துவதற்காக ஏர் பூட்டி உழுதார்.

ஏரின் கொழு முனை ஏதோ ஒன்றில் சிக்கிக்கொள்ள அது என்னவென்று தோண்டிப் பார்த்தார்.

அங்கே ஒரு குடம் நிறைய பொற்காசுகள் புதைந்திருப்பதைக் கண்டார்.

அந்தப் புதையலை எடுத்துக்கொண்டு நேராக நிலத்தை விற்றவரிடம் வந்தார்.

"ஐயா....பாருங்கள்....ஒரு நல்ல செய்தி. தங்களிடம் இருந்த நான் வாங்கிய நிலத்தில் இந்தப் புதையல் அகப்பட்டது.

நீங்கள் நிலத்தைத்தான் எனக்கு விற்றீர்கள்.

அதனால் நிலத்தின் உள்ளே இருந்த புதையல் உங்களுக்குத்தான் சொந்தமானது.

ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளுங்கள்" என்று கூறி புதையல் குடத்தை கொடுத்தார்.

ஆனால் நிலத்தை விற்றவரோ, " எப்போது நான் நிலத்தை உமக்கு விற்றேனோ, அப்போதே அதில் கிடைக்கும் அனைத்தும் உமக்குத்தான் சொந்தம். அதனால் புதையலைத் தாங்களே வைத்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள்" என்று கூறி அதை வாங்க மறுத்தார்.

இப்படிப் பேசிப் பேசி, ஊர்ப் பொது மன்றத்துக்கு வழக்கு வந்துவிட்டது.

மன்றத்திலும் யாராலும் இந்தப் பிரச்சினைக்குத் தகுந்த தீர்ப்புக் கூற முடியவில்லை.

அதனால் அரசவைக்கு வழக்கை எடுத்துப் போனார்கள்.

அங்கே அரியனையில் அமர்ந்திருந்த கரிகாலனைக் கண்டதும், " பெரியவர்களாலேயே இந்தப் பிரச்சினைக்குத் தீர்வு கூற இயலவில்லை. இந்தச் சிறுவன் எப்படித் தீர்ப்புக்கூற இயலும்" என்று மனதுள் நினைத்துக்கொண்டார்கள் அந்தப் பெரியவர்கள் இருவரும்..

அவர்களது முகபாவத்தைக் கொண்டே, அவர்களின் மன ஓட்டத்தை அறிந்த கரிகாலன், " ஐயா...நீங்கள் ஏதோ பெரும் வழக்கை இங்கே கொண்டு வந்திருக்கின்றீர்கள் என்று நினைக்கிறேன். உங்கள் வழக்கை ஆராய்ந்து தீர்வுகானும் தகுதி எனக்கில்லை.. இருவரும் சற்று நேரம் பொருத்திருங்கள். ஒரு முதிய அறிஞரை நான் அனுப்பி வைக்கிறேன். அவர் சரியான தீர்வு கானுவார்" என்று கூறிவிட்டுக் கரிகாலன் அந்தப்புரம் சென்றான்.

சற்று நேரத்தில், தாடியெல்லாம் நரைத்த, பழுத்த பழம் போன்ற ஒரு முதியவர் அரசபைக்கு வந்தார்.

அவரிடம், இருவரும் தங்கள் வழக்கை கூறினார்கள்.எல்லாவற்றையும் நிதானமாகக் கேட்ட முதிய அறிஞர், புண்ணகை செய்தபடி, இருவருமே மனம் மகிழும் வண்ணம் நல்ல தீர்ப்பு ஒன்றைக் கூறினார்.

அவரது தீர்ப்ப்பில் மகிழ்ந்த முதியவர்கள் இருவரும் அறிஞரை வணங்கினார்கள். அப்போது, அந்த அறிஞர், தனது நரைத்த தாடி மீசையை எடுத்தார். அங்கே சிறுவனான கரிகாலன் இருந்தான்.

அதைக் கண்டு வியந்த மக்கள் கரிகாலனின் அறிவாற்றலை வியந்து பாராட்டினார்கள்.

நண்பர்களே....அனைவரும் பாராட்டும்படி கரிகாலன் என்ன தீர்ப்பு கூறினான்?
புதிர் விடை :
கரிகாலன் நிலத்தை விற்றவரின் பெண்ணிற்கும், நிலத்தை வாங்கியவரின் மகனுக்கும் திருமணம் சம்பந்தம் பேசி முடித்திருப்பார்.

உழைப்பால் உயர வைக்க நினைத்த இளைஞனுக்கு அங்கே கிடைத்த புதையல் சீதனமாக கொடுத்த மாதிரியாக எடுத்துக் கொள்ளச் சொல்வார்.

http://www.puriyathaputhir.com/2013/12/blog-post_1176.html

Power of Positive Thoughts

Power of Positive Thoughts

There was once an earnest gardener who loved his work and his produce. One day he was walking through his delightful garden and happened to notice a weed. The gardener was particularly tired so he decided to leave it.

The next day he had to leave to visit his relatives in another country for two weeks. When he came back, the back yard was covered in weeds and all his produce was dead!

REFLECTION

Likewise, if we allow just one bad thought in our head and fail to remove it, it will sprout and instead of having to pick one weed, we will have too much to control.
If we destroy our negative thoughts, by allowing positive ones to grow, they will display in our personality like a beautiful garden.

Thats the power of positive thought. We are, what our thoughts are.
We should always entertain only good and positive thoughts in our mind and never give way for anything negative!

Be alert and conscious of your thoughts and pick out the weeds of your negative thoughts consciously and quickly, at the right moment

Source:Wisdom Blog

The Lady and The Sales Man

The Lady and The Sales Man

At one of the big shopping centers of town this lady was speaking quite loudly, probably trying to impress others in surroundings, .

"Show me the latest shoes you have"

"Here are a couple of latest shoes ma'am" The sales person said while pointing his hand towards the shelf.
"No, i didnt ask for these shoes, I want some latest designs which are hot now a days"
"Maam, the one i showed you are the latest and most sold shoes in the market... Please look in this shelf, here are some other latest shoes"
"No, No i want the latest new designs which everyone is buying in UK"
"But maam, this is not UK and all big stores here follow local trends"
"ok leave it, show me some ladies bags"
"Here are some nice bags maam" the sales person showed a couple of bags"
"No, no, i didnt ask you to show me this kind of bags, I need some big bags"
"How about these bags maam" "No no, i didnt ask you to show me this much big bags, Ok leave it, show me some good shirts"

"What type of shirts ma'am"

" show me some latest shirts of UK Fashion..."

I was listening to this conversation while shopping for my kids yesterday. This is what i observed:

1- The Lady was not focused about her shopping plan because she changed her demands three times within 45 seconds of time. She was demonstrating unstable behavior and bothering the sales person and other people in surroundings.
2- She was not specific in her demands. She was expecting the salesman to show her products of UK market though she was in Pakistan which she could have asked at the start of conversation and left the market without wasting everyone's time . Later she didnt elaborate her demands clearly on how big bag she was looking for which again resulted in time wastage for both.
3- The lady was reactive in her nature as she was saying No, No in every second sentence she spoke which was an unethical way of conversation.

This is just one example from our routine life though we experience repeated cases of miscommunication which sometimes lead to brawl if both parties are not patient. The message here is that we must learn the art of effective communication if we want us to be heared and responded properly. The sales person in this example was on job so he was behaving nicely. Had this been the case of two colleagues or any other non-job conversation; the situation might have been tough.
Below is an extract from my article Effective Communication. Original Article can be read by clicking here

You might have experienced misunderstanding in family or official life on several occasions. The reason is obvious that either of the person didn't state his/her stance in clear fashion or perceive it clearly. So where does the fault lie and how can we improve? Let us study the below recommendations which need to be considered by Communicator or Listener in order to have solid common understanding and avoid communication gaps.

1. Improve vocabulary: Every word has its own deep meanings. For example there is a difference between 'Hate' and 'Dislike'. Likewise, there is a difference between 'Should' and 'Must'. To enhance vocabulary you should learn new words and understand the meanings of synonyms and antonyms as well. You can use online dictionaries or built-in features of MS Word (right click on a word to know synonyms/antonyms.

2. Listen carefully and listen more. If you listen more you are absorbing more and improving your level of comprehension. If you speak more you are on the verge of confusing others. So listen more and speak less. And when you speak, speak slowly and softly. Ask if you have communicated clearly or more elaboration is required.
3. If you don't understand something, ask for elaboration. It is said that "If you doubt at first, doubt again and clear it"

4. Put yourself in others' shoes to understand their perspective. Think win-win. Analyze the situation from everyone's perspective. Consider all the stake holders and consider their emotions. Develop Emotional Intelligence skill. Google it today.

5. If you are writing Emails/Letters/Fax then re-read after you are done with typing. Considering point-4 while you review your article. You can ask someone to comment on what you have written.
6. Avoid hard words to avoid bad taste: For example instead of saying 'Rejected' use the word 'Not Approved'. When you say No, you should sound as if you wanted to say Yes but due to specific issue you can't say yes. So if that issue is addressed, you will be saying Yes and Saying Approved.

7. Avoid too many arguments. Convince or get convinced. If things gets complicated, take a break… engage some well-wishers to assist resolve the matter"

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/Pindi-Islamabad/X3ENIvzxchs

When facing difficult people I usually prefer to act as if I am listening to them..so they keep blah blah blah blah and I just silently act as if I am listening and then smile too(in my mind I would be day dreaming!LOL)....somehow when people see you are not reacting the way they were expecting you too react.. they start to change their behaviour and come back to normal mode.

Silence works wonders.

Story: The Pond of Milk

Once there was a king who told some of his workers to dig a pond. Once the pond was dug, the king made an announcement to his people saying that one person from each household has to bring a glass of milk during the night and pour it into the pond. So, the pond should be full of milk by the morning. 2- Be honest in your actions regardles of thinking about others. Your honesty is related to your character.

After receiving the order, everyone went home. One man prepared to take the milk during the night. He thought that since everyone will bring milk, he could just hide a glass of water and pour inside the pond. Because it will be dark at night, no one will notice. So he quickly went and poured the water in the pond and came back.

In the morning, the king came to visit the pond and to his surprise the pond was only filled with water! What has happened is that everyone was thinking like the other man that "I don't have to put the milk, someone else will do it."
The article can have so many different conclusions, here are a couple of them:

1- when it comes to help poor people, do not think that others will take care of it. Rather, it starts from you, if you don't do it, no one else will do it.So, change yourself to the way of God to serve Him and that will make the difference.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/DailyTenMinutes

Last edited:
Worry Creates More Problems

Worry Creates More Problems

A man having stomach pain went to his doctor. The doctor asked if he was having trouble in his personal life or at his job

The man explained that he was worried about some incidents that had happened at work with his boss and his co-workers. Was there something the man could do to change what had happened? ''No,'' responded the man. ''But it continues to bother me." The doctor said, ''There is nothing you can do about the past. Close the chapter and move on. You are upsetting yourself and your stomach over something you cannot change.'' The doctor prescribed some medicine, and advised him to forget the past to help expedite the cure of his stomachaches.

The next patient was a woman with migraine. She explained that she was afraid of making a wrong decision about her future. Sensing that this was causing her headaches, he told her, ''If you make a decision that turns out all right, there is nothing to worry about. If you make a decision that turns out wrong, you still have the option to rectify matters. No decision is irreversible. Make a list of your options; make a counter-plan for each option and then act. Analyse the situation, and then act. Then take each step as it comes.''

People either worry about a past that they cannot change, or they worry about a future that has not yet happened. Many worry over problems they anticipate or fears that never materialise. Many of our stress-related illnesses are due to problems that we face mentally, psychologically or emotionally. What is certain is that there are always going to be problems.

Murphy's Law says that if anything can go wrong, it will. There does not seem to be anyone who has not experienced problems in life. Every time we solve one problem, a new one springs up. After a while we begin to wonder if there will be a time in life when we can be free of problems.

Nobody said that life was going to be easy or that everything was going to be perfect. The question is, how do we handle our problems? Do we face them as a challenge and try to solve them, or do we fret and worry about them? We compound our problems by worry and fretting because this added stress can make us physically sick.

The pressures of life are so great that they affect us physically and mentally. We find that people undergo anxiety, fear, depression and phobias. Offices of psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists are filled with normal, everyday people who cannot cope with life's struggles.

f our mind is positive and happy, we may feel physically better than when our mind is troubled and anxious. Our mental state can cause stress-related illnesses.

Studies have shown that when we are angry or emotionally upset, chemicals released in our body prepare us for ''fight or flight''.

We need to find some acceptable way to prevent the mental, emotional and physical effects of stress which are making us ill.

Meditation has numerous benefits for our physical and mental well-being. It is safe, effective and does not cost anything. Once we learn how to meditate, we carry within us a ready remedy which we can use at any time and any place.

Source: mega Puji saraswati

The Young Couple

The Young Couple

A Young Couple Moves Into A New Neighorhood
The Next Morning While They Are Eating Breakfast,
The Young Women Sees Her Neighbor Hanging The Wash Outside.
" The Laundry Is Not Very Clean " She Said
" She Dosnt Know How To Wash Correctly
Perhaps She Needs Better Laundry Saops "
Her Husband Looked On But Remained Silent.
Everytime Her Neighbour Would Hang Her Wash To Dry,
The Young Women Would Make The Same Comments.
About One Month Later,
The Women Was Surprised To See A Nice Clean
Wash On The Line And Said To Her Husband :
" Look, She Has Learned How To Wash Correctly.
I Wonder Who Taught Her This "
The Husband Said :
I Got Up Early This Morning And Cleaned Our Windows. "
And So it is With Life.
What We See When Watching Others Depends
On The Purity Of The Window Through Which We Look !!!

source: Wisdom Blog

A Moral About Our Mind...

[h=2]A Moral About Our Mind...[/h]
A beautiful little moral that everyone should know, because it is as powerful as it is simple, and addresses something we all have to fight with. Some of us rarely, some of us almost constantly...
f98516cb-2b32-4d5e-86c4-d0df686ecb56.jpg

76049041-d221-4ea4-b1ed-1c9fa6833185.jpg

ff4000c0-849f-48d0-8b97-acaccdeb0131.jpg

dcbf1992-cacb-451b-a9e3-1ddf547795a8.jpg

4f066c8b-0bc7-4281-83e0-b5f51123621c.jpg

8259fc16-e881-429d-b23a-22f54eb6331f.jpg

5a510785-5fa6-4ac4-9732-88fa2e2b0e52.jpg

62f07f21-23f7-43ce-bb8b-b6d0a0106117.jpg

31c847f6-2e0c-4eca-ae76-5600c7c83433.jpg
Source: Lara R.

BabaMail -The Priest and the Cow: A Great Moral.

அன்பு இருக்கிறதோ அங்கு செல்வமும்,வெற்றி&

அன்பு இருக்கிறதோ அங்கு செல்வமும்,வெற்றியும் இருக்கும்

ஒரு பெண் அவளுடைய வீட்டை விட்டு வெளியேறிய பொழுது அப்பொழுது மூன்று முதியவர்கள் அவள் வீட்டின் முன்...

அமர்ந்திருந்தார்கள். அவர்களைப் பார்த்த அப்பெண் நீங்கள்
யாரென்று எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை.இருந்தாலும் உங்களை பார்த்தால்
பசியுடன் இருப்பதாக தெரிகிறது.அதனால் என் வீட்டிற்கு வாருங்கள்.

நான் ஏதாவது சாப்பிடுவதற்கு தருகிறேன் என்று அப்பெண் அம்மூவரையும் பார்த்து கூறிகிறாள்.அதற்கு அம்மூவரும் வீட்டில் உன் கணவன் இருக்கிறாரா என்று கேட்கிறார்கள்.அதற்கு அவள் அவர் வீட்டில் இல்லை.வெளியே சென்றிருக்கிறார் என்று பதிலளிக்கிறாள் .

அப்பொழுது அவர்கள் அப்படியென்றால் உனது கணவர் வரும் வரை நாங்கள் வரமாட்டோம் என்று கூறிவிடுகிறார்கள். மாலையில்
அவளுடைய கணவன் வீட்டிற்கு வந்தபொழுது அவள்
நடந்தவற்றை கூறுகிறாள்.

அதற்கு அவள் கணவன் நான்
வீட்டிற்கு வந்துவிட்டேன் என்று கூறி அவர்களை அழைத்துக்கொண்டு வா என்று சொல்கிறார்.அவள் வீட்டிலிருந்து வெளியே வந்து அம்முவரையும் அழைக்கிறாள் அதற்கு அவர்கள் நாங்கள் மூவரும் ஒன்றாக வரமுடியாது என்று கூறுகிறார்கள்.ஏன் அப்படி என்று அவர்களிடம் அவள் கேட்டாள்.

அதற்கு அவர்களில் ஒரு முதியவர்
இன்னொருவரை காண்பித்து இவர் செல்வம் என்றும்,
மற்றொருவரை காண்பித்து இவர் வெற்றி என்றும் நான்
அன்பு என்றும் கூறி உள்ளே சென்று உன் கணவனிடம் எங்கள் மூவரில் யார் உன் வீட்டிற்கு வரவேண்டும் என்று ஆலோசனை செய்து எங்களிடம் சொல் என்று அவளிடம் கூறுகிறார்.

அப்பெண் வீட்டினுள் வந்து தன் கணவனிடம் அந்த முதியவர் கூறிய அனைத்தையும் கூறுகிறாள் அதை கேட்ட அவளுடைய கணவன் மிகவும்
மகிழ்ச்சியாகி என்ன ஆச்சர்ரியமாக இருக்கிறது!. என்று கூறிவிட்டு, நாம் நம் வீட்டிற்கு செல்வத்தை அழைப்போம்.அவர் நம் வீட்டை செல்வத்தால் நிரப்பிவிடுவார் என்று தன் மனைவியிடம் கூறுகிறார்.

அதை கேட்ட அவருடைய மனைவி அதற்கு அதிருப்தி தெரிவிக்கிறாள்.ஏன் நாம் நம் வீட்டிற்கு வெற்றியை அழைக்கக்கூடாது? என்று கேட்கிறாள்.இதை அனைத்தையும்
செவியேற்று கொண்டிருந்த, வீட்டின் ஒரு மூலையில் அமர்ந்திருந்த
அவர்களுடைய மகள், ஏன் நாம் அன்பை அழைக்கக்கூடாது?
அவரை அழைத்தால் நம் வீட்டை அன்பால் நிரப்பிவிடுவார்
அல்லவா? என்று அவள் தன் கருத்தை கூறுகிறாள்.

இதை கேட்ட
அவளுடைய பெற்றோர் தங்களுடைய மகளின் ஆசையின்படி அன்பை வீட்டிற்கு அழைக்க முடிவு செய்கின்றனர். பிறகு தன் மனைவியிடம் அவளுடைய கணவன், நீ வெளியே சென்று அன்பை நம்
வீட்டிற்கு அழைத்துக்கொண்டுவா என்கிறார்.

அப்பெண்
வெளியே வந்து அம்மூவரையும் பார்த்து உங்களில் யார் "அன்பு", அவர்
என் வீட்டிற்கு விருந்தாளியாக வருமாறு அன்புடன் அழைக்கிறேன்
என்கிறாள். அதைக் கேட்ட அன்பு வீட்டிற்கு செல்கிறார்.அவரை பின் தொடர்ந்து மற்ற இருவரும் செல்கின்றனர்.

இதைப் பார்த்த
அப்பெண், மற்ற இருவரிடமும் ஏன் நீங்கள் வருகிறீர்கள்? நான்
அழைத்தது அன்பை மட்டு்ம் தானே? என்றுஆச்சர்யப்பட்டு கேட்கிறாள்.அதற்கு அம்மூவரும் ஒன்றாக அப்பெண்ணிடம், நீ
செல்வத்தையோ அல்லது வெற்றியையோ அழைத்திருந்தால் ,
மற்ற இருவரும் வெளியே இருந்திருப்போம். ஆனால் நீ
அன்பை அழைத்திருக்கிறாய்.எங்கு அன்பு இருக்கிறதோ அங்கு செல்வமும்,வெற்றியும் இருக்கும் என்று பதிலளிக்கிறார்கள்...!!!

முகப்புத்தகபுரம்

The Story of Savitri & Satyavan

The Story of Savitri & Satyavan

savitri_satyavan.jpg

Savitri was the beautiful daughter of a wise and powerful king. The fame of Savitri's beauty spread far and wide, but she refused to marry, saying that she would herself go out in the world and find a husband for herself. So the king chose the best warriors to protect her, and the princess wandered throughout the country searching for a prince of her choice.

One day she reached a dense forest, where dwelt a king who had lost his kingdom and fallen into his bad days. Old and blind he lived in a small hut with his wife and son. The son, who was a handsome young prince, was the sole comfort of his parents. He chopped wood and sold it in the countryside, and bought food for his parents, and they lived in love and happiness. Savitri was strongly drawn towards them, and she knew her search had come to an end. Savitri fell in love with the young prince, who was called Satyavan, and was known for his legendary generosity.

Hearing that Savitri has chosen a penniless prince, her father was heavily downcast. But Savitri was hell-bent on marrying Satyavan. The king consented, but a saint informed him that a fatal curse laid upon the young prince: He is doomed to die within a year. The king told her daughter about the curse and asked her to choose someone else. But Savitri refused, and stood firm in her determination to marry the same prince. The king finally agreed with a heavy heart.

The wedding of Savitri and Satyavan took place with a lot of fanfare, and the couple went back to the forest hut. For a whole year they lived happily. On the last day of the year, Savitri rose early and when Satyavan picked up his axe to go into the forest to chop wood she requested him to take her along, and the two went into the jungle.

Under a tall tree, he made a seat of soft green leaves and plucked flowers for her to weave into a garland while he chopped wood. Towards noon Satyavan felt a little tired, and after a while he came and lay down resting his head in Savitri's lap. Suddenly the whole forest grew dark, and soon Savitri saw a tall figure standing before her. It was Yama, the God of Death. "I have come to take your husband," said Yama, and looked down at Satyavan, as his soul left his body.

When Yama was about to leave, Savitri ran after him, and pleaded Yama to take her too along with him to the land of the dead or give back the life of Satyavan. Yama replied, "Your time has not yet come, child. Go back to your home." But Yama was ready to grant her any boon, except Satyavan's life. Savitri asked, "Let me have wonderful sons." "So be it", replied Yama. Then Savitri said, "But how can I have sons without my husband, Satyavan? Therefore I beg of you to give back his life." Yama had to give in! Satyavan's body came back to life. He slowly woke up from the stupor and the two gladly walked back to their hut.

So strong was the single-minded love and determination of Savitri that she chose a noble young man for her husband, knowing that he had only a year to live, married him with all confidence. Even the God of Death had to relent, and bowed to her love and devotion.

The Story of Savitri & Satyavan - Romantic Stories from Hindu Literature

கடவுளை விடப் பெரியவர்!

கடவுளை விடப் பெரியவர்!

விஷ்ணு பக்தன் ஒருவன் தனது பூலோக வாழ்வை முடித்து வைகுண்டம் சென்றான்.

விஷ்ணு அவனுடைய பூலோக வாழ்க்கையில் செய்த நன்மைகளைப் பாராட்டி, “நீ செய்த நன்மைகளால் உனக்கு வைகுண்ட வாழ்வு கிடைத்திருக்கிறது. இங்கு நீ மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருக்கலாம்” என்றார்.

அந்த பக்தன் விஷ்ணுவிடம், “இறைவனே! எனக்குப் பூலோகத்தில் பல கேள்விகளுக்கு விடை கிடைத்தாலும், ஒரே ஒரு கேள்விக்கு மட்டும் விடை தெரியாமல் என் மனம் சிறு குறைபாட்டுடன் இருக்கிறது. அந்தக் குறையை நீங்கள்தான் போக்கி உதவ வேண்டும்” என்றான்.

அவனுடைய மனக்குறையை விஷ்ணு அறிந்திருந்த போதிலும் அதை வெளிக்காட்டிக் கொள்ளாமல், “அப்படியா? வைகுண்ட வாழ்வைப் பெற்ற உனக்கு எந்தக் குறையும் இருக்கக் கூடாதே... உன் மனக்குறையைச் சொல். அந்தக் குறையை உடனே தீர்த்து வைக்கிறேன்” என்றார்.

“இறைவனே! நான் பூலோகத்தில் இருந்த பொழுது மக்களிடம் நீ பெரியவனா? நான் பெரியவனா? என்கிற நிலையே அதிகமாக இருந்தது. இந்தக் கேள்வியால் அவர்களுக்கிடையே மோதல்கள் கூட தொடர்ந்து இருந்து கொண்டிருந்தன. இன்னும் அப்படித்தான் இருக்கிறது. பூலோகத்தில் கடல்,மலை என்று பெரிது பெரிதாக எத்தனையோ இருந்த போதிலும், இந்த மக்கள் தாங்களே பெரியவர்கள் என்று போற்றிக் கொள்கிறார்களே...! தாங்கள்தான் உண்மையைச் சொல்ல வேண்டும். பூலோகத்தில் உயர்ந்தவர் யார்?” என்றான்.

விஷ்ணு சிரித்தபடி, “நீ சொல்வதுதான் உண்மை. கடலும், மலையும்தான் பெரியவை” என்றார்.

அந்த பக்தன், “நீங்கள் சொல்வது சரியென்றாலும், குறுமுனிவரான அகத்தியர் கடலையே வாரிக் குடித்து விட்டார். கிரஞ்ச மலையையே முருகன் தகர்த்து எறிந்து விட்டார். பூலோகத்தில் நடந்த இந்த செயல்களைப் பார்க்கும் போது, அவைகளையும் பெரியவை என்று ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள முடியவில்லை” என்றான்.

“அப்படியானால் நீ யார் பெரியவர் என்று நினைக்கிறாய்?”

“பூலோகத்தைப் பொறுத்தவரை இறைவனாகிய தாங்களே பெரியவர்”

“இல்லை.உன்னுடைய கருத்தில் உண்மையில்லை...”

“தாங்கள் வாமன அவதாரம் எடுத்த போது, பூலோகத்தை தங்களுடைய சிறு பாதத்தால் ஒரே அடியில் அளந்து விட்டீர்கள்.விண்ணையும் ஒரே அடியில் அளந்து விட்டீர்கள். எனவே நீங்கள்தான் பெரியவர்”

“உலகில் பெரியவர்கள் என்று போற்றக் கூடியவர்கள் பலர் இருக்கின்றனர். அவர்கள் உன்னைப் போன்ற பக்தர்கள்தான். உலகில் யார் மிக உயர்ந்த பக்தி செலுத்துகிறார்களோ, என்ன நடந்தாலும் கடவுளே கதி என்று இருக்கிறார்களோ, எவ்வளவு சோகம் ஏற்பட்டாலும் என்னால் வந்தது என்று நினைக்கிறார்களோ அவரே உயர்ந்தவர்”

“உங்களை வணங்கக் கூடிய பக்தர்கள்தான் பெரியவர்கள் என்று எப்படி ஏற்றுக் கொள்வது?”

உடனே விஷ்ணு அங்கிருந்த தேவலோகக் கண்ணாடியை எடுத்து வரச் சொன்னார்.

“அந்தக் கண்ணாடியில் உன் மார்புப்பகுதியைப் பார்” என்றார் விஷ்ணு.

அந்தக் கண்ணாடிக்குள் தெரிந்த அவனது மார்புக்குள் விஷ்ணுவின் உருவம் சிறிய அளவில் தெரிந்தது.

விஷ்ணு, “கண்ணாடியில் பார்த்தாயா? உலகையே ஒரு அடியில் அளந்த என்னை உன் இதயத்திற்குள் சிறியதாக அடைத்துக் கொண்டு விட்டாய். அப்புறம் எப்படி நான் பெரியவராக இருக்க முடியும்? எனவே நீதான் உலகின் மிகப்பெரியவன். உன்னைப் போன்ற பக்தர்கள்தான் மிகப்பெரியவர்கள்” என்றார்.

அந்த பக்தன் மகிழ்ந்து போனான்.

Muthukamalam.com / Parable - ???????????

Man Locked In Cold Room

Man Locked In Cold Room

Juan worked at a meat distribution factory. One day, when he finished with his work schedule, he went into the meat cold room to inspect something, but in a moment of bad luck, the door closed and he was locked inside with no help in sight.

Although he screamed and knocked with all his might, his cries went unheard as no one could hear him. Most of the workers had already gone, and outside the cold room it's impossible to hear what was going on inside.

Five hours later, whilst Juan was on the verge of death, the security guard of the factory, eventually opened the door and saved Juan's life.

Juan then asked the security guard how he got to open the door, as it wasn't part of his work routine, and he explained thus: "I've been working in this factory for 35 years, hundreds of workers come in and out every day, but you're one of the few who greets me in the morning and says goodbye to me every night when leaving after working hours. Many treat me as if I am invisible.

Today, like every other day, you greeted me in your simple manner ' Hello ' at the entrance when resuming for work. But curiously, after working hours today, I observed I've not heard your ' bye! see you tomorrow '. Hence I decided to check around the factory. I look forward to your ' Hi ' and ' bye ' every day. To you, I am someone. By not hearing your farewell, I knew something had happened.

Then I Sought and found you!

"Moral Lesson to reflect upon":

Be humble, love and respect those around you. As life is too short! Try to have an impact on people in ways we can't even imagine, especially the people that cross our path every day. Someone seemingly so insignificant and irrelevant today could be the only help you can get tomorrow.

Improve Yourself Daily !: Story: Man Locked In Cold Room

அனுமனின் தலையில் அமர்ந்தசனி !!!

அனுமனின் தலையில் அமர்ந்தசனி !!!

ராவணனை அழிக்க வானரப் படைகளுடன் இலங்கை செல்வதற்காகக் கடலில் பாலம் அமைக்கும் பணியை மேற்கொண்டிருந்தார் ஸ்ரீராமன். இந்தப் பணியில் சுக்ரீவன், அங்கதன், அனுமன் மற்றும் அவனது வானரப் படைகள் ஈடுபட்டிருந்தன. வானரம் ஒவ்வொன்றும் தனது சக்திக்கு ஏற்றவாறு மரங்களையும், பாறைகளையும் தூக்கி வந்து கடலில் வீசிக் கொண்டிருந்தன.

ராம, லட்சுமணர்கள் இருவரும் கடலில் பாலம் உருவாவதை நோக்கிய வண்ணம் எல்லோருக்கும் ஆசி கூறிக் கொண்டிருந்தனர். அனுமனும் பாறைகளைப் பெயர்த்தெடுத்து, அவற்றின்மீது 'ஜெய் ஸ்ரீராம்’என்ற அட்சரங்களைச் செதுக்கி கடலில் எறிந்து கொண்டிருந்தார்.

அப்போது, அங்கே சனீஸ்வர பகவான் தோன்றினார்.

ராம லட்சுமணர்களை வணங்கி, "பிரபு! அனுமனுக்கு ஏழரைச் சனி பீடிக்கும் காலம் தொடங்குகிறது. என்னைத் தவறாக எண்ணாதீர்கள். என் கடமையைச் செய்ய அனுமதி தாருங்கள்" என்று வேண்டினார்.

“எங்கள் கடமையை நாங்கள் செய்கிறோம். அதுபோல உங்கள் கடமையை நீங்கள் செய்யுங்கள். முடிந்தால், அனுமனைப் பீடித்துப் பாருங்கள்” என்றார் ஸ்ரீராமன்.

உடனே சனீஸ்வரன் அனுமன் முன் தோன்றி, “ஆஞ்சநேயா! நான் சனீஸ்வரன். இப்போது உனக்கு ஏழரைச்சனி ஆரம்பமாகிறது. உன்னைப் பீடித்து ஆட்டிப் படைக்க, உன் உடலில் ஓர் இடம் கொடு” என்றார்.

“சனீஸ்வரா! ராவணனின் சிறையில் இருக்கும் சீதாதேவியை மீட்க நாங்கள் இலங்கை செல்லவே இந்தப் பாலம் அமைக்கும் பணியை ஸ்ரீராம சேவையாக ஏற்றுத் தொண்டாற்றிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறோம். இந்தப் பணி முடிந்ததும், நானே தங்களிடம் வருகிறேன். அப்போது என் உடல் முழுவதுமே தாங்கள் வியாபித்து என்னை ஆட்கொள்ளலாம்” என்றான் அனுமன்.

“ஆஞ்சநேயா! காலதேவன் நிர்ணயித்தகால அளவை நான் மீற முடியாது; நீயும் மீறக்கூடாது. உன்னை நான் பீடிக்கும் நேரம் நெருங்கி விட்டது. உடனடியாகச் சொல்; உன் உடலின் எந்தப் பாகத்தில் நான் பீடிக்கலாம்?” என்று கேட்டார் சனீஸ்வரன்.

“என் கைகள் ராம வேலையில் ஈடுபட்டுள்ளது. அதனால், அங்கே இடம் தர முடியாது. என் கால்களில் இடம் தந்தால், அது பெரும் குற்றமாகும். ‘எண் சாண் உடம்புக்கு தலையே முதன்மையாகும். எனவே, நீங்கள் என் தலை மீது அமர்ந்து தங்கள் கடமையைச் செய்யுங்கள்” என்று கூறினார் அனுமன்.

அனுமன் தலை வணங்கி நிற்க, அவன் தலை மீது ஏறி அமர்ந்தார் சனீஸ்வரன். அதுவரை சாதாரணப் பாறைகளைத் தூக்கி வந்த அனுமன், சனீஸ்வரன் தலை மீது அமர்ந்த பின்பு, மிகப் பெரிய மலைப் பாறைகளைப் பெயர்த்து எடுத்துத் தலை மீது வைத்துக் கொண்டு, கடலை நோக்கி நடந்து, பாறைகளைக் கடலில் வீசினார். பெரிய பெரிய பாறைகளின் எடையை அனுமனுக்குப் பதிலாக, அவர் தலை மீது அமர்ந்திருந்த சனீஸ்வரனே சுமக்கவேண்டியதாயிற்று. அதனால், சனீஸ்வரனுக்கே பயம் வந்துவிட்டது. 'தனக்கே ஏழரைச் சனி பிடித்துவிட்டதா?’ என்று கூடச் சிந்தித்தார்.

அனுமன் ஏற்றிய சுமை தாங்காமல், அவனது தலையிலிருந்து கீழே குதித்தார்.

“சனீஸ்வரா! ஏழரை ஆண்டுகள் என்னைப் பீடிக்க வேண்டிய தாங்கள், ஏன் இவ்வளவு சீக்கிரம் விட்டுவிட்டீர்கள்?” என்று கேட்டார் அனுமன்.

அதற்கு சனீஸ்வரன், “ஆஞ்சநேயா! உன்னை ஒரு சில விநாடிகள் பீடித்ததால், நானும் பாறைகளைச் சுமந்து இந்தப் பாலம் அமைக்கும் பணியில் ஈடுபட்ட பெருமை பெற்றேன். பரமேசிவனின் அம்சமான தாங்கள் முந்தைய யுகத்தில் தங்களை நான் பீடிக்க முயன்று, வெற்றியும் பெற்றேன். இப்போது தோல்வி அடைந்து விட்டேன்” என்றார்.

“இல்லை, இல்லை... இப்போதும் தாங்களே வென்றீர்கள்! ஏழரை ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பதில் ஏழரை விநாடிகளாவது என்னைப் பீடித்து விட்டீர்கள் அல்லவா?” என்றார் அனுமான்.

அதைக் கேட்டு மனம் மகிழ்ந்த சனீஸ்வரன், “அனுமான்..! உனக்கு நான் ஏதாவது நன்மை செய்ய வேண்டும் என விரும்புகிறேன். என்ன வேண்டும் கேள்” என்றார்.

“ராம நாமத்தை பக்தி சிரத்தையோடு பாராயணம் செய்பவர்களை உங்களது ஏழரைச் சனி காலத்தில் ஏற்படும் துன்பங்களில் இருந்து நீங்களே காத்தருள வேண்டும்” என வரம் கேட்டார் அனுமன்.

சனியும் வரம் தந்து அருளினார் !!!!

Source: Sage of Kanchi

Janarthanan Narayanan

கடவுள் எங்கே?

கடவுள் எங்கே?

download39.jpg

பெரிய பங்களா ஒன்றின் ஆடம்பரமான ஹால். அதன் நடுவில் வலப்புறத்தில் சங்கு கிளிஞ்சல்கள் கொண்டு அழகான வண்ண விளக்குகளுடன் அலங்கரிக்கப்பட்ட பெரிய மீன் தொட்டி இருந்தது. இரண்டு தங்க நிற மீன்கள் அதில் நீந்திக் கொண்டிருந்தன. அதில் ஒரு தங்க மீன் சொன்னது ” சே என்ன வாழ்க்கை இது?

இந்தத் தொட்டியிலேயே காலம் பூராவும் குறுக்கும் நெடுக்குமாய் நீந்திக் கொண்டு? இதைப் பார்க்கும்போது கடவுள் என்று ஒருவர் உண்மையில் இருக்கிறாரா? என்கிற சந்தேகம் வருகிறது ” என்றது. இன்னொரு தங்க மீன் உடனே சொன்னது ” கடவுள் இல்லை என்கிறாயே அப்படியானால் தினமும் நமக்குத் தண்ணீரை யார் மாற்றுகிறார்கள்? என்று நினைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறாய்/ ” இப்போது புரிந்ததா கடவுள் எங்கும் இருக்கிறார் என்று.

?????? ?????? | chinnuadhithya

The World is Mine

The World is Mine

Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful woman​
And wished I were as beautiful.​
When suddenly she rose to leave,​
I saw her hobble down the aisle.​
She had one leg and used a crutch.​
But as she passed, she passed a smile.​
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.​
I have two legs; the world is mine.​

I stopped to buy some candy.​
The lad who sold it had such charm.​
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.​
If I were late, it'd do no harm.​
And as I left, he said to me,​
"I thank you,​
you've been so kind.​
It's nice to talk with folks like you.​
You see," he said, "I'm blind."​
I have two eyes; the world is mine.​

Later while walking down the street,​
I saw a child I knew.​
He stood and watched the others play,​
but he did not know what to do.​
I stopped a moment and then I said,​
"Why don't you join them dear?"​
He looked ahead without a word.​
I forgot, he couldn't hear.​
I have two ears; the world is mine.​

With feet to take me where I'd go..​
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.​
With ears to hear what I'd know.​
I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.​

— Author Unknown

Amber Michelle Fit: The World is Mine

The story of a woodcutter

The story of a woodcutter

wood-cutter.jpg

Once upon a time, a very strong woodcutter asked for a job in a timber merchant and he got it. The pay was really good and so was the work condition. For those reasons, the woodcutter was determined to do his best.
His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he supposed to work.
The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees.

“Congratulations,” the boss said. “Go on that way!”

Very motivated by the boss words, the woodcutter tried harder the next day, but he could only bring 15 trees. The third day he tried even harder, but he could only bring 10 trees. Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.

“I must be losing my strength”, the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

“When was the last time you sharpened your axe?” the boss asked.

“Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees…”

Reflection:

Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don’t take time to sharpen the “axe”. In today’s world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever, but less happy that ever.

Why is that? Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay “sharp”? There’s nothing wrong with activity and hard work. But we should not get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like our personal life, taking time to get close to our Creator, giving more time for our family, taking time to read etc.

We all need time to relax, to think and meditate, to learn and grow. If we don’t take the time to sharpen the “axe”, we will become dull and lose our effectiveness.
Author: Stephen Covey

The story of a woodcutter - Motivation

The Value of SILENCE and the art of LISTENING

The Value of SILENCE and the art of LISTENING

Once there was a farmer who discovered that he had lost his watch in the farm. It was not an ordinary watch because it had sentimental value for him.

After searching the hay for a long while, he gave up and called for the help of a group of children playing outside the barn. He promised them that, the person who found it, would be rewarded.

Hearing this, the children hurried inside the barn, went through and around the hay but still could not find the watch. Just when the farmer was about to give up looking for his watch, a little boy went up to him and asked to be given another chance.The farmer looked at him and thought, “Why not.? After all, this kid looks sincere enough.”

So the farmer sent the little boy back in the barn. After a while the little boy came out with the watch in his hand.

The farmer was happy and surprised and so he asked the boy how he succeeded where the rest had failed. The boy replied,

“I did nothing but sit on the ground and LISTEN.

In the silence, I heard the ticking of the watch and just looked for it in that direction.”

MESSAGE : A Peaceful mind can think better than a 'Worked-up' mind. Allow a few minutes of SILENCE to your mind every day, and see, how sharply it helps u to set your life the way you expect it to be.

MORAL : The soul always knows what to do to heal itself... The challenge is to silence the mind…

Source: Saibabanews

Lakshmi Menon

The Goat and The Horse

The Goat and The Horse

There was a farmer who had a horse and a goat.

One day, the horse became ill and he called the veterinarian, who said: Well, your horse has a virus. He must take this medicine for three days. I'll come back on the 3rd day and if he's not better, we're going to have to put him down.​

Nearby, the goat listened closely to their conversation.​

The next day, they gave him the medicine and left.​

The goat approached the horse and said: Be strong, my friend. Get up or else they're going to put you to sleep!​

On the second day, they gave him the medicine and left.​

The goat came back and said: Come on buddy, get up or else you're going to die! Come on, I'll help you get up. Let's go! One, two, three...​

On the third day, they came to give him the medicine and the vet said: Unfortunately, we're going to have to put him down tomorrow. Otherwise, the virus might spread and infect the other horses.​

After they left, the goat approached the horse and said: Listen pal, it's now or never! Get up, come on! Have courage! Come on! Get up! Get up! That's it, slowly! Great! Come on, one, two, three... Good, good. Now faster, come on... Fantastic! Run, run more!​

Yes! Yay! Yes! You did it, you're a champion!!!​

All of a sudden, the owner came back, saw the horse running in the field and began shouting: It's a miracle! My horse is cured. We must have a grand party. Let's Cook the goat!!!!​

Lesson: Management never knows which employee actually deserves the appraisal.

Source:The World Malayali Club

புதையல்

புதையல்

புதையல் - அறிவுக் கதைகள் :-

திருவெண்ணெய் நல்லூரில் பேராசைக்காரன் ஒருவன் வாழ்ந்து வந்தான். அவன் எந்த பொருளை பார்த்தாலும் அதைத் தான் அடைய வேண்டும் என நினைப்பான். எனவே, நாளடைவில் பார்த்தசாரதி என்ற அவனுடைய பெயரே மறைந்து போய் பேராசைக்காரனாயிற்று.

ஒரு நாள்—

வெளியூருக்கு வியாபார நிமித்தமாக வண்டியில் சரக்குகளை ஏற்றிக் கொண்டு சென்றான்.

வியாபாரம் முடிந்து காட்டு வழியாக வந்து கொண்டிருந்தான். தண்ணீர் வேட்கை கொண்ட அவன் கண்களுக்கு கிணறு ஒன்று தெரிந்தது. வண்டியை விட்டு இறங்கிய அவன் அந்தக் கிணற்றருகே சென்றான். ஒரு பாத்திரத்தில் கயிற்றைக் கட்டி அதைக் கிணற்றுக்குள் விட்டுத் தண்ணீர் எடுக்கத் தொடங்கினான்.
கிணற்றுக்குள் இருந்து "யார் இங்கே தண்ணீர் எடுப்பது?' என்ற பயங்கரமான குரல் கேட்டது.

அஞ்சி நடுங்கிய அவன் கிணற்றுக்குள் எட்டிப் பார்த்தான். உள்ளே யாரும் இருப்பதாகத் தெரியவில்லை. நடுங்கும் குரலில், ""ஐயா! நான் ஒரு ஏழை. தண்ணீர் குடிப்பதற்காக இங்கு வந்தேன். நீங்கள் யார்?'' என்று கேட்டான்.

""விரும்பியதை எல்லாம் கொடுக்கும் மந்திரக் கிணறு இது. இதைப் பாதுகாக்கும் பூதம் நான். யார் கண்ணுக்கும் நான் தெரியமாட்டேன்,'' என்றது அந்தக் குரல்.

""மந்திரக்கிணறா! விரும்பியதை எல்லாம் தருமா?'' என்று வியப்புடன் கேட்டான் அவன்.
""உன்னிடம் பொற்காசுகள் உள்ளதா? ஒரு பொற்காசை இந்தக் கிணற்றுக்குள் போடு உன் விருப்பம் எதுவானாலும் கேள். உடனே அது நிறைவேறும். நன்றாக நினைவு வைத்துக் கொள். இரண்டு முறைதான் இந்தக் கிணறு உன் எண்ணத்தை நிறைவேற்றும்,'' என்றது அந்தக் குரல்.

"என்னதான் நடக்கிறது பார்ப்போமே' என்ற எண்ணத்தில் ஒரு பொற்காசை கிணற்றுக்குள் போட்டான். ""விலை உயர்ந்த நகைகளாலும் பொற்காசுகளாலும் என் வண்டி நிரம்ப வேண்டும்...'' என்றான் அவன்.
ஒரு நொடிக்குள் அவன் வண்டி பொற்காசுகளாலும் நகைகளாலும் நிரம்பி இருந்தது. இதைப் பார்த்து வியப்படைந்தான் அவன்.

""ஆ! ஏராளமான செல்வம் கிடைத்துவிட்டது. இந்த நாட்டிலேயே பெருஞ்செல்வன் நான் தான்,'' என்று மகிழ்ச்சியுடன் சொல்லிக் கொண்டே வண்டியில் அமர்ந்தான்.

"ஐயோ! காட்டு வழியாகச் செல்ல வேண்டுமே! வழியில் திருடர்கள் இருப்பார்களே... அவர்கள் இந்த நகைகளையும் பொற்காசுகளையும் கைப்பற்றிக் கொள்வார்களே! என்ன செய்வது?' என்று சிந்தித்தான்.
நல்ல வழி ஒன்று அவனுக்குத் தோன்றியது. கிணற்றருகே வந்த அவன் தன்னிடம் இருந்த இரண்டாவது பொற்காசையும் அதற்குள் போட்டான்.

""உனக்கு என்ன வேண்டும்?'' என்று உள்ளிருந்து குரல் கேட்டது.
""வண்டியில் இருக்கும் நகைகளும் பொற்காசுகளும் என் கண்களுக்கு மட்டும் தெரிய வேண்டும். பிறர் கண்களுக்குத் தெரியக் கூடாது,'' என்று கேட்டான்.

""அப்படியே ஆகட்டும்,'' என்று குரல் வந்தது.
வண்டியை ஓட்டிக் கொண்டு புறப்பட்டான். எதிரில் திருடர்கள் சிலர் வந்தனர். அவர்கள் கண்களுக்கு வண்டியில் இருந்த நகைகளும் பொற்காசுகளும் தெரியவில்லை. தன் அறிவுக் கூர்மையை மெச்சிக் கொண்டான் பேராசைக்காரன். மகிழ்ச்சியுடன் தன் வீட்டை அடைந்தான்.

வீட்டுக்குள் ஓடினான். ""இனி நாமோ நம் பரம்பரையோ வறுமையில் வாட வேண்டாம். அரசனைப் போலச் செல்வச் செழிப்புடன் வாழலாம். வண்டியில் விலை உயர்ந்த பொருள்கள் என்னென்ன கொண்டு வந்துள்ளேன் பார்!'' என்று மகிழ்ச்சியுடன் சொன்னான்.

வண்டி காலியாக இருப்பதைப் பார்த்து அவன் மனைவி திகைத்தாள். ""என்னங்க! வண்டியில் விலை உயர்ந்த பொருள்கள் இருப்பதாகச் சொன்னீர்கள். எந்தப் பொருளும் இல்லையே,'' என்றாள்.
அவன் கண்களுக்கு வண்டியில் ஏராளமான பொற்காசுகளும் நகைகளும் இருப்பது தெரிந்தது. மனைவியைப் பார்த்து, ""வண்டியை நன்றாகப் பார்,'' என்றான்.

நன்றாகப் பார்த்து விட்டுத் தான் சொல்கிறேன் என்றாள்.

அப்பொழுதுதான் அவனுக்குத் தான் கேட்ட இரண்டாம் வரம் எவ்வளவு தவறானது என்று புரிந்தது. தன் மனைவியிடம் நடந்ததைக் கூறினான். கிடைத்த விலை மதிப்பற்ற பொருள்களைப் பயன்படுத்த முடியாத நிலையை எண்ணி வருத்தம் அடைந்த அவன் வண்டியை ஓட்டிக் கொண்டு மீண்டும் காட்டிற்குச் சென்றான்.
அந்த இடத்தில் மந்திரக் கிணறும் இல்லை; ஒன்றும் இல்லை. பைத்தியம் பிடித்தவனைப் போல் வண்டியை எட்டி உதைத்தான். அதிலிருந்து நகைகளும், பொருட்களும் கீழே கொட்டிச் சிதறின.

என்ன பிரயோஜனம். அவை இவன் கண்களுக்கு மட்டுமே தெரிந்தன. தன்னுடைய பேராசை குணத்திற்கு கிடைத்த பரிசு என நினைத்து மிகவும் வருந்தினான் பார்த்தசாரதி.

Source:K.Hariharan

உன்னை அறிந்தால்!!!

உன்னை அறிந்தால்!!!

ஒருநாள் ஆபிசில் வேலை செய்யும் பணியாட்கள் அனைவரும் வேலைக்கு சரியான நேரத்தில் வந்து சேர்ந்தனர்.

நோட்டீஸ் போர்டில் ஏதோ எழுதி இருக்கிறதே என்று அனைவரும் பார்க்க சென்றனர்.
அதில் ” உங்கள் வளர்ச்சிக்கும் நம் கம்பெனி வளச்சிக்கும் இடையூராக இருந்த நபர் நேற்று காலமானார்,அடுத்த கட்டிடத்தில் அவர் உடல் வைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.அனைவரும் தவறாமல் கலந்து கொள்ளவும்” என்று எழுதி இருந்தது.

இதை படித்தவுடன் அவர்கள் எல்லாருக்கம் நம்முடன் வேலை செய்த ஒருவர் இறந்து விட்டாரே என்று வருத்தமாக இருந்தது,பிறகு நம் வளர்ச்சிக்கு தடையாக இருந்த நபர் யாராக இருக்கும் என்று அவர்களுக்கு ஆர்வம் ஏற்பட்டது.

அனைவரும் அடுத்த கட்டிடத்திற்கு சென்றனர்.சவப்பெட்டி வைத்திருக்கும் இடத்தை நோக்கி ஒருவர் பின் ஒருவராக செல்ல ஆரம்பித்தனர்.

சவப்பெட்டியை நெருங்க நெருங்க நம் வளர்ச்சிக்கு தடையாக இருந்தவன் யாராக இருக்கும்,நல்ல வேளை அவன் இறந்துவிட்டான் என்று நினைத்தபடியே முன்னோக்கி சென்றனர்.

சவப்பெட்டியினுள் எட்டி பார்த்தவர்களுக்கு தூக்கி வாரிப் போட்டது.அதில் ஒரு முகம் பார்க்கும் கண்ணாடி மட்டுமே இருந்தது.சவப்பெட்டியுள் யார் எல்லாம் பார்க்கிறார்களோ அவர்கள் முகமே அதில் தெரிந்தது.
கண்ணாடி அருகில் ஒரு வாசகம் எழுதி இருந்தது…”உங்கள் வளர்ச்சிக்கு நீங்கள் மட்டுமே காரணம்,நீங்கள் வளர வேண்டும் என்றால் அது உங்கள் கையில் மட்டுமே உள்ளது ,உங்கள் வளர்ச்சியை உங்களை தவிர வேறு யாராலும் தடுத்து நிறுத்த முடியாது” என்றிருந்தது.

உங்கள் வாழ்கையை உங்கள் முதலாளியால் மாற்ற முடியாது,உங்கள் நண்பர்களால் மாற்ற முடியாது,நீ நினைத்தால் மட்டுமே உன் வாழ்வை மாற்ற முடியும்.

”The world is like a mirror”, it gives back to anyone the reflection of the thoughts in which one has strongly believed. ”உலகம் ஒரு கண்ணாடியை போல இருக்கிறது”, அது மீண்டும் யாருக்கும் ஒரு உறுதியாக நம்பினார் எந்த எண்ணங்கள் பிரதிபலிப்பு கொடுக்கிறது.

ஒவ்வொருவர் முன்னேற்றத்துக்கும் அவர்கள் தன்னம்பிக்கையே காரணம்…உன்னை தவிர உன் முன்னேற்றத்தை தடுக்க யாராலும் முடியாது…

????? ????? | ????? ????????????? ???????

True story:Rreal winners don’t give up!

True story: Real winners don’t give up!

by Stephen on June 7, 2012 ·

This is a true story of a young woman who went through the most gruesome fire. When you read her story, you’ll realize that your trials are absolutely nothing compared to what this young girl went through.
It was September 25, 2000. Maricel Apatan was an 11-year old girl in Zamboanga. On that day, this little girl went with her uncle to draw water.

Along the way, four men met them. They were carrying long knives. They told her uncle to face down on the ground, and they hacked him on the neck and killed him.
Maricel was in total shock, especially that the men were their neighbors. She tried to escape, but the men ran after her.

She cried, “Kuya, ‘wag po, ‘wag n’yo akong tagain! Maawa po kayo sa akin!” (“Don’t kill me! Have mercy on me!”)
But they weren’t listening. With a long knife, a man slashed her on the neck too.
Maricel fell to the ground and lost consciousness.

When she woke up, she saw a lot of blood. She also saw the feet of the men around her, but she pretended to be dead.

When they walked away, Maricel ran back home. But along the way, she saw that both her hands were falling off. Because the men hacked them too. She cried but she kept running.

Sometimes, she would faint and fall to the ground. But she’d regain consciousness and run again.
When she was near her home, Maricel called her mother.

Upon seeing her daughter, her mother screamed in terror. She wrapped her bloodied child in a blanket and carried her to the hospital.

Here was the problem: From her house to the highway, it was a 12-kilometer walk. It took them 4 hours just to reach the highway.

When they arrived in the hospital, the doctors thought Maricel was going to die. But for 5 hours, they operated on her. It took 25 stitches to stitch together the long knife wound in her neck and back.
Maricel barely survived. And she lost both of her hands.

Ironically, the next day was Maricel’s birthday. She was 12 years old.

But tragedy didn’t end there. When they went home, they saw their home was gone. It was ransacked and burned down by the goons.

Being very poor, Maricel’s family also didn’t have P50,000 for their hospital bills.
But God sent many angels along the way to help them.

Archbishop Antonio Ledesma, a distant relative, paid for hospital bills and helped them bring the criminals to court. They were sentenced to prison.

Today, she’s staying with the nuns at Regina Rosarii with Sr. Eppie Brasil, O.P.

But this is the incredible miracle. Instead of staying down, Maricel kept running.
Instead of cursing God why she had no hands, she now uses her wrists in incredible ways that will boggle your mind.
maricel-apatan.jpg
Maricel Apatan​
Maricel was cited as the most industrious, best in computer, and most courteous in the School for Crippled Children.

In 2008, she graduated from a course in Hotel and Restaurant Management. She even received a Gold medal for Arts and Crafts.

In 2011, she finished her education to be a chef. Yes, a Chef without hands.
Nothing can stop this young lady from reaching her dreams.

True story: real winners don?t give up! - Motivation

Real Winners Don’t Give Up!

எல்லாம் விதியின்படிதான் நடக்கும் .

எல்லாம்
விதியின்படிதான் நடக்கும் .

ஒரு நாள் ...எமதர்மன் ஒரு மனிதனிடம் வந்து சொன்னான் :

"மனிதா! இன்று உன்னுடைய
வாழ்கையின் கடைசி நாள் "

மனிதன் :!!!!ஆனா நான் உன்னுடன் வர தயாராக இல்லை !!
எமதர்மன் சொன்னான் : "

நல்லது,இன்று உன்னுடைய பெயர்தான் பட்டியலின் முதலில் உள்ளது ....."

மனிதன்: " சரி,நீங்கள் இருக்கையில்
உட்காருங்கள் ,நாம் இருவரும்
புறப்படுவதற்கு முன் ஒரு COFFEE
சாப்பிட்டு விட்டு போகலாம் "

எமதர்மன் : சரி,அப்படியே செய்யலாம் !
அந்த மனிதன் எமதர்மனுக்கு தூக்க
மருந்து கலந்த COFFEE
கொடுத்தான்,குடித்தவுடன் எமதர்மன்
நன்றாக தூங்கி விட்டான்!!!

மனிதன் உடனே அந்த