• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Experience of my visit to Vaishodevi

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

venkat2206

Dear Members,

I am briefly explaining my trip to Vaishodevi and the wonderful expereience what we had:

- We assembled at Jammu Airport - a group of 16 people - all brothers / sisters / inllaws / children
- Visited some of the famous temples in Jammu including Shri Regunath Temple. As we read in puranas that there are 33 Crores Gods (Muppathu Mukkodi Devargal) - there is a temple in Jammy there are 33 crores siva lingams
- Next day visit to Shiv Kori (on the way to Katra) - the Shiva temple is four KM away from main village - hill climb. Horses are also available at a reasonale government approved rates. Shiv Kori visit is a wonderful expereicne where the final journey is inside the caves.
- After night halt at Katra - visited Patni Top on the next day from Katra. After all some entertainment for children. Hotel Green View provided good view of the city and also very good food.
- final day visit to Maa Vaishnodevi temple by Helicopter (Very nice but somewhat unreliable). We reached the helipad and informed by the authorities that due to dust problem the services are suspended. After a eager waiting for 3 hours we could complete the "four minutes" journey by HC. Ofcourse, a very big appreciation to the Pilot and other authorities who ensure a fastest service.
- We could manage to get some accommodation - heavy rush of more than 40,000 people- An excellent Darshan of Maa Vaishodevi.
- NO issue with HC for the return journey to Katra.
- In all the hotels they don't use Onions / Garlic in the entire place of Katra - a very strict rule observed by all the hotels.

Overall an excellent trip. Shiv Kori is still in our memories.

Rgs

Venkat

Dear Members,

I am briefly explaining my trip to Vaishodevi and the wonderful expereience what we had:

- We assembled at Jammu Airport - a group of 16 people - all brothers / sisters / inllaws / children
- Visited some of the famous temples in Jammu including Shri Regunath Temple. As we read in puranas that there are 33 Crores Gods (Muppathu Mukkodi Devargal) - there is a temple in Jammy there are 33 crores siva lingams
- Next day visit to Shiv Kori (on the way to Katra) - the Shiva temple is four KM away from main village - hill climb. Horses are also available at a reasonale government approved rates. Shiv Kori visit is a wonderful expereicne where the final journey is inside the caves.
- After night halt at Katra - visited Patni Top on the next day from Katra. After all some entertainment for children. Hotel Green View provided good view of the city and also very good food.
- final day visit to Maa Vaishnodevi temple by Helicopter (Very nice but somewhat unreliable). We reached the helipad and informed by the authorities that due to dust problem the services are suspended. After a eager waiting for 3 hours we could complete the "four minutes" journey by HC. Ofcourse, a very big appreciation to the Pilot and other authorities who ensure a fastest service.
- We could manage to get some accommodation - heavy rush of more than 40,000 people- An excellent Darshan of Maa Vaishodevi.
- In all the hotels they don't use Onions / Garlic in the entire place of Katra - a very strict rule observed by all the hotels.

Rgs

Venkat

Good post, informative.

Dear Members,

Rgs

Venkat
hi venkat,
i visited twice to vaishno devi.....when i was posted in kashmir as india army soldier in border area of pak....i visited with my family....we climbed all the way....nice experience...in fact the temple is under the control of army for security reasons....my small daughter visited the
temple....we had nice free basmati rice with kadi on the way.....it happened 15 yrs back.....i used to travel through jammu...
when i was posted in kashmir....

I have also visited the famous temple thrice during my services in the north with my children. I have the oppurtunity to stay in Katra in my banks holiday home once. We took phoneys to go to the temple. Without any troubles we have visited the temple. In another occasion when we have visited we have booked accomodation at the Jammu airport and this time also the darshan was very easy. After every visit I felt that i have got the blessings of the deity.

Ramachandan

Dear Venkat,
Just saw this thread and thought would like to add that the visit to the Vishnodevi is not complete unless you experience the " garbha joon " in Adhkawari .Vaishnovi mata hid in this cave for nine months away from the eyes of the Tantric called Bhairo nath. She did penace in that cave and the entrance and exit is so small one will have fear whether he can successfully come out of the cave. But the majic words "Jai mata Di" would pull you out of any obstacles. The temple of Vaishno devi has gained so much importance in Kalyug because Lord Rama had told Vaishnovi that he would take another birth a Kalki in Kalyug and marry her.

So Mata Vaishnovi is waiting for Lord Vishnu to come. The real pleasure of Vishnodevi is trecking the 12km distance from Katra to the abode and back. The entire way you can hear every once coming down encouraging you going up with the words " Jai Mata Di"... That makes the trip even more great than the 4 minute flying!!

Cheers.

[h=2]Experience of my visit to Vaishodevi[/h]dear sri venkat !
very pleased to read about the experience of visiting Vaishno devi temple .it will be more useful if you could provide the tour operator&cost details
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back