• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

exhortation to the aasthigaas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

since 'moderator resigns' thread is now closed, my reply to sangom post #14, i will post here.

Dear sangom,

In a way this is also my reply to your post #14.

To all the asthikas, and those who shout against BB & BH:

Why don’t the folks who complain against so called BBs, take upon this as a challenge. After all there is the internet and ready reference.

Counter arguments with arguments, using logic, wit and rhetoric, instead of indulging in name calling.

Every one the statements can be verified, and if proved wrong or doubtful, bring those up. That will, more than anything else, bring up your stature in the forum. Incidentally, that will also improve your knowledge of our scriptures and provide, for believers like me, a useful shot in the arm, for future references.

This constant wailing against supposed Brahmin haters and Brahmin bashers, is nothing, but a cop out, in my view. The forum, is also a place to exchange ideas. Whereas sangom or nara, give us the benefit of their erudition, and present their ideas, barring suraju, I have not seen anyone here provide any solid understanding of our scriptures from the aasthiga side.

Or like a fellow aasthiga like me, read what sangom or nara write, take the things that are relevant for you and discard the rest. Best of both the worlds.

I have not seen anyone here provide any solid understanding of our scriptures from the aasthiga side.

take the things that are relevant for you and discard the rest. Best of both the worlds.

Neither have I seen any Nasthika providing any solid understanding.
They only provide solid Misunderstanding of our scriptures.

Most of their evidence comes from frustation or gross disrespect for Hinduism which seems to be the lastest norm for those who want to be termed "progressive" in the eyes of society.

Most of us are not interested to play the Take and Discard game..we like to play Build a Fort and let the bullets Ricochet game.

But dont worry as a doc I will treat Ricochet Bullet wounds too.

Last edited:
dear renus,

this is precisely my point. if any one group is getting away, with publishing stuff that is not correct, they should be challenged, to provide solid references, and verifiable ones at that too.

name calling, only, i think discounts, one's cause.

i, for one, an athiga, do not feel threatend or bothered by anti God statements. there are some obvious truths in those, and also verifiable notes of misuse and abuse. it is good to know that, for that prevents me, from getting overager or crass, and also be cautious for what i believe, and what i dont.

knowledge. any day. speaks for itself.

best wishes..

sh.K, here is your post in another thread

KUNJUPPU :::My first shock came, when a post of mine was deleted, a couple of days ago, because, it was found ‘deragatory to the brahmins’. I had made similar posts before, and nothing had happened.

here i agree with you in toto 101%. it only reminds of these humming lines of eighties..

"""God only knows it's not what we would choose? to do?
Forward he cried from the rear, And the front rank died
And the General sat, as the lines on the mapMoved from side to side""

HOPE YOU GOT THE CLUE, now :)

shiv,

one of my favourite albums of 1970s. i was in hamilton 1975 when the crowd trashed the stadium and the neighbourhood.

the bad taste lingers to even now, so that i think, hamilton bans routinely any mass inducing open air pop concerts :)

dear renus,

this is precisely my point. if any one group is getting away, with publishing stuff that is not correct, they should be challenged, to provide solid references, and verifiable ones at that too.

name calling, only, i think discounts, one's cause.

i, for one, an athiga, do not feel threatend or bothered by anti God statements. there are some obvious truths in those, and also verifiable notes of misuse and abuse. it is good to know that, for that prevents me, from getting overager or crass, and also be cautious for what i believe, and what i dont.

knowledge. any day. speaks for itself.

best wishes..

Dear Kunjs,

I think you got me wrong..what I really meant is I am not interested to play the Take and Discard game with those who have no respect for Hinduism or have become Atheist becos of frustration becos most of the while they are just shoot out blank statements and never hear out their opponent.

So for such cases I rather build a fort and let their bullets ricochet.

You see I have changed my stand now..previously I was always trying to hear out what the so called Atheist have got to say becos some of them do have knowledge too but when I realized that all most of them want to play is Shoot at Sight and give no scope for anyone else to voice their opinion I needed to change my stand.

Sometimes you need to deal Adharma with Adharma.

I know my post sounds harsh but this is my point of view and since many feel we should have freedom to speak/write etc..so I guess its acceptable for me to write this.

P.S Kunjs..Anti God statements dont bother me too cos I believe no one can actually praise or censure God.

Last edited:
dear renus,

re your post #6, i did get it wrong :) or deep in my heart, i didnt, but did not want to admit it.

renus, i have found if one is strong in one's beliefs, there is no need to fight adharma, for it automatically becomes a no-bother. only when we are bothered, we feel the need to fight.

maybe outside of the forum, i will get upset and fight, but within the forum, the local nasthikas do not bother me.

from an india pov, i am more worried about militant asthikas, for these preach violence, and violence ultimately, comes back to hit the one who started it. this is from my experience.

peace.

dear renus,

re your post #6, i did get it wrong :) or deep in my heart, i didnt, but did not want to admit it.

renus, i have found if one is strong in one's beliefs, there is no need to fight adharma, for it automatically becomes a no-bother. only when we are bothered, we feel the need to fight.

maybe outside of the forum, i will get upset and fight, but within the forum, the local nasthikas do not bother me.

from an india pov, i am more worried about militant asthikas, for these preach violence, and violence ultimately, comes back to hit the one who started it. this is from my experience.

peace.

dear Kunjs,

Thats why I dont "actively fight" either but let things Ricochet cos conspiracy is the name of the game these days.

You see I didnt use the word fight in my post but I used the word Deal in this line :
Sometimes you need to deal Adharma with Adharma.

You know with a single ricochet bullet it can actually inflict 6 bullet wounds??

So Ricochet is actually deadlier and we can always say " we didnt start the fire..your own bullet killed you!!!" :heh:

P.S Just to add...those who practice Adharma only want Dharma for themselves so why be Dharmic to them?
Its the mistake most Hindus make of being Dharmic even to the enemy.

Last edited:
The sharia court in kashmir has ordered four pastors to leave the valley for conversion activities. Neither the secular indian government or the muslim national conference or the supreme court will raise a finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back