• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Entharo Mahanubhavulu...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, most brahmins think they are a gift to humanity. But, thankfully, they are becoming increasingly irrelevant and that is a good thing.

Cheers!

Nara,

It's enlightening finally you know what you know.As far as good or bad,it's relative term,varying from people to people.I am not sure,at least in my lifetime thus far,brahmins ever were irrelevantly relevant!!

nachi naga.

Entharomahanubhavulu ...2

Entharo Mahanubavulu 2..

This happened in the Adyar area in Chennai Metropolis. It was one of those quiet evenings when we members belonging to a kalakshepa ghoshti used to assemble in the house of one of us to listen to a learned man’s lectures on Srimad Bhagavatham. On this particular day there was no lecture as the Jeer of Ahobhila matom was visiting the house where we used to meet at the invitation of our friend who lived there. In the drawing room of the house the Jeer was sitting on a pedestal and there was a large crowd of devotees jostling for a vantage position to listen to the Jeer who was to give a short lecture. The Jeer spoke about a subject of his choice and after it was finished the people went to the Jeer one by one to prostrate before him and seek his blessings. As I moved with the crowd slowly towards the Jeer and reached near him, the man who was ahead of me was about to prostrate before the Jeer. He stood there for a moment and requested me who was standing right behind him waiting for my turn to move a little away and not to stand right behind him when he prostrated before the Jeer. I told him there was enough space for him to complete his task and that I was standing leaving enough space for him. But he insisted on my moving a little away and in exasperation I moved away and waited for my turn. He prostrated before the Jeer and moved away and then I too went and prostrated before the Jeer. In the crowd and in the busy programme I forgot the incident even though I had felt annoyed when I was asked repeatedly to move a little more away by that man. But a few minutes later the old man sought me out in the crowd and explained his behaviour. He was apologetic and said he did not want me, a bhagavatha, to earn the apacharam that would have come to me if his leg had touched me while prostrating. In a flash the meaning of what he said hit me and I was overwhelmed. He was not bothered about the apacharam that he would have earned by his leg touching me accidentally. But was particular that I should not earn the apacharam of being the cause for it.He said அடியேனுடைய கால் பட்டு தேவரீர் அபசாரப் பட்டு விடக்கூடாதே…in Tamil. It is such simple minded self effacing enlightened individuals who are the mahanubavulu that do pride to the Brahmin community. I fell on his feet and sought his blessings. I can never forget this incident because I learnt something new that day.

I know, most brahmins think they are a gift to humanity. But, thankfully, they are becoming increasingly irrelevant and that is a good thing.

Cheers!

Again you got it all wrong. Brahmins believe that being born as a human being is a gift of God. As they gain more and more knowledge they become more and more humble. As they make more and more money they become more and more detached. Even in the daily rituals they do they offer the fruits of it to God.When they get recognition and are rewarded they become even more humble. I am talking about the majority of brahmins!!! Whether they are relevant or not is to be determined by time. Good and bad is relative.

Cheers!!

Brahmins are the most humble community now here in Tamilnadu. They don't go for any fight with anybody.

Most of the retired people get engaged in `sathsangh' type activity. They don't interfere with others at all.

Middle aged group is mostly bothered about day to day living and they avoid all politics.

Youngsters are bothered about their education and career development.

The ego or pride whatever is discussed here is not at all part of TB community in the present environment.

Probably one can say that present day brahmins in Tamilnadu have become more selfish but the fact is they are driven in to that position by circumstances.

In fact these qualities have become an envy of others communities. Some times comments are coming from others `it is you people adjust with all situations'.

Only few pockets in Chennai have substantial concentration of TB community . Most of the other places have become highly cosmopolitan and no body can see that substantial TB community is present in that place. May be because they are harmless, they are not at all visible.

So called talk of Brahmin `pride' is only theoretical now.

All the best

Last edited:
People evolve over a period of time.Brahmins have been spearheading this for a long time ie change.Now with oppurtunities abound,all of us are happy and comfortable.Sometimes things go crazy amongst communities,but then,the lord always know his children,gurus antics and will bring them in line.Maybe some brahmins or brahmin are selectively chosen,as a role model for future generations.As Bhagavan says,There is only one caste,The caste of humanity,which is from the Vedas,explained to us from time immemorial by Rishis,Gurus,Avatars whenever the occassion arises.

nachi naga.

Entharo Mahanubhavulu--3

This is an extract from the words of the Head of a Matom:

நாங்கள் எல்லாம் வெளியில் பீடம் போட்டுக்கொண்டு 'ஸ்தானம்' கொண்டாடிக் கொண்டாலும் வாஸ்தவத்தில் பாரத்தை தூக்கிக்கொண்டு கூலி வேலை தான் செய்கிறோம்.கூலி வேலை செய்கிறவனையே இங்க்லிஷில் கூலி என்கிறார்கள். அப்படித்தான் நாங்களும்.இன்னொருத்தனுக்காக அவன் கூலி சுமக்கிற மாதிரிதான் நாங்களும். அவன் உடம்பாலே பாரம் தூக்குகிற மாதிரி நாங்கள் உங்கள் நமஸ்க்காரத்தை மனஸ் ஸாலே தூக்கி உங்களுக்காக நாங்கள் செய்கிற பிரார்த்தனையின் வெயிட்டையும் அதோடு சேர்த்து நாராயணனிடம் கொண்டு இறக்கவேண்டும். ஆனால் ஒரு கூலி தொழிலாளிக்கு தெரிகிற சத்யம் எங்களுக்கு தெரியுமா என்பது கேள்வி. தான் சுமக்கிற சாமான் தன்னுடையதில்லை இன்னொருத்தனுடையது, அதை இறக்க வேண்டிய இடத்தில் இறக்க வேண்டியதே தன தொழில் என்று அவனுக்கு தெரிகிற அந்த சத்தியத்தை தான் சொன்னேன். நாங்கள் இந்த சாமானை -நமஸ்காரம் என்கிற சாமானை-இறக்க வேண்டிய அந்த நாராயண பதத்தில் இறக்காவிட்டால் அந்த அபசாரத்திற்கு அவன் 'கூலி' கொடுத்து விடுவான். கூலிக்காரன் தூக்கும் சாமான் அவனுக்கு பாரமாயிருக்கிற மாதிரி நமஸ்காரத்தையும் எங்களுக்கு பண்ணும் ஸம்மானமாக நினைக்காமல் பாரமாகத்தான் தெரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

"ஸம்மாநாத் மரணாதிவ" என்று வித்யாரண்யர் மகாபாரத கொடேஷன் குடுத்து சன்னியாசிகளை எச்சரித்திருக்கிறார். அதாவது நிஜ சந்நியாசி பாராட்டு கௌரவம் முதலியவற்றால் ஸம்மானிக்க படுவதை மரணமாக நினைக்க வேண்டும். மரணாதிவ என்பதற்கு நரகாதிவ என்று ஒரு பாட பேதம் இருப்பதையும் சொல்லி பலமாகவே பயமுறுத்திஇருக்கிறார்.'மரணம்' ஒன்றும் தெரியாமல் இருக்கும் ஸ்திதி தான் , நரகமோ சித்திர வதையே அல்லவா?

நாங்களோ ஜன சமூஹத்துக்கு நல்லது சொல்லி அவர்களை நல்லது பண்ணும்படி தூண்டிக் கொண்டிருக்கவே ஏற்பட்டவர்கள். அப்படி இருக்க குரு, பீடாதிபதி என்றெல்லாம் பெத்தப்பெயர் கொடுத்து எங்களை ஜன சமூஹம் ஸம்மானிக்கத் தானே செய்யும்? இதைத் தவிர்க்க முடியாது தான்.சிஷ்யலோகம் என்பது குருபீடம் என்றுள்ள ஒன்றில் இருப்பவரிடம் பணிவுடன் இருந்தால் தான் குரு செய்யும் உபதேசமும் அவருடைய அருளும் சிஷ்யர்களுக்குள் நன்றாக இறங்கும். ஆகையால் அவர்கள் மரியாதை(ஸம்மானம்) பண்ண வேண்டியதுதான். நாங்கள் அதை நிராகரிக்காமல் ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிற மாதிரியும் இருக்க வேண்டியதுதான். நீங்கள் எங்களை ஸம்மானிக்கவும் நாங்கள் 'அலவ்' செய்ய வேண்டும். அதே சமயம் நாங்கள் 'அக்சப்ட்' செய்து கொள்ளவும் கூடாது. அதெப்படி முடியும்? ஒன்றுக்கொன்று முரணாக இருக்கே என்றால் --கொஞ்சம் திரிசமன் பண்ணனும்.குருவுக்கு சிஷ்யாள் ஸம்மானம் பண்ண வேண்டியதே என்பதை மதித்தும், அதோடு நாம் செய்த ஸம்மானத்தை சுவாமியார் ஏற்றுக்கொண்டார் என்று நீங்கள் நினைத்து திருப்தி படும்படியாகவும் நாங்கள் அதை அக்சப்ட் பண்ணிக்கொண்டாப்போலவே காட்டிக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். உள்ளுக்குள்ளே எங்கள் பாவம் எப்படி இருக்கனுமென்றால், 'லோக வ்யவஸ்த்தைக்காக இப்படி பண்ண வேண்டியிருக்கிறது. வாஸ்த்தவத்தில் இந்த ஸம்மானம் நமக்கே சேருவதாக் நினைத்தோமோ அதோகதிதான்.நாராயணன் பெயரில் அவனுக்கு ஸம்மானத்தை சேர்ப்பிக்கும் கூலிக்காரனாகவே இதை சமர்ப்பணம் பண்ணிவிடவேண்டும் என்றே இருக்க வேண்டும்."இது நமக்குக் கொஞ்சம்கூட உரிமைப் பண்டமில்லை. நம் மூலமும் ஏதாவது நல்லது நடந்தால் அப்படி நடத்துவிக்கும் அந்த நாராயணனுக்கே உரிய சாமான் இது நாம் அதை ஒரு கூலியாகத் தான் தாங்குகிறோம் என்பதை புரிந்து கொண்டு தான் ஸம்மானங்க்களை வாங்கிக்கொள்ள வேண்டும்.பக்தர்களிடம் பிரியத்தினால் இந்த பாரங்களை சந்தோஷத்துடனே தாங்கி பகவானிடம் இறக்க வேண்டும். அப்படி இறக்காமல் எங்களுக்கே என்று துரார்ஜிதம் பண்ணிக் கொண்டால் அது எங்களுக்கு நிரந்தரமான் பாப பாரமே ஆகி விடும்.

நமஸ்காரம் பண்ணப்படுபவன் கதை இத்தனை 'ரிஸ்கி' யாக இருக்கிறது.

This kind of awareness is what has kept the teachers of this religion unique. I salute these teachers. Entharo Mahanubhavulu: anthariki vanthanamu.

re

This is an extract from the words of the Head of a Matom:

நாங்கள் எல்லாம் வெளியில் பீடம் போட்டுக்கொண்டு 'ஸ்தானம்' கொண்டாடிக் கொண்டாலும் வாஸ்தவத்தில் பாரத்தை தூக்கிக்கொண்டு கூலி வேலை தான் செய்கிறோம்.கூலி வேலை செய்கிறவனையே இங்க்லிஷில் கூலி என்கிறார்கள். அப்படித்தான் நாங்களும்.இன்னொருத்தனுக்காக அவன் கூலி சுமக்கிற மாதிரிதான் நாங்களும். அவன் உடம்பாலே பாரம் தூக்குகிற மாதிரி நாங்கள் உங்கள் நமஸ்க்காரத்தை மனஸ் ஸாலே தூக்கி உங்களுக்காக நாங்கள் செய்கிற பிரார்த்தனையின் வெயிட்டையும் அதோடு சேர்த்து நாராயணனிடம் கொண்டு இறக்கவேண்டும். ஆனால் ஒரு கூலி தொழிலாளிக்கு தெரிகிற சத்யம் எங்களுக்கு தெரியுமா என்பது கேள்வி. தான் சுமக்கிற சாமான் தன்னுடையதில்லை இன்னொருத்தனுடையது, அதை இறக்க வேண்டிய இடத்தில் இறக்க வேண்டியதே தன தொழில் என்று அவனுக்கு தெரிகிற அந்த சத்தியத்தை தான் சொன்னேன். நாங்கள் இந்த சாமானை -நமஸ்காரம் என்கிற சாமானை-இறக்க வேண்டிய அந்த நாராயண பதத்தில் இறக்காவிட்டால் அந்த அபசாரத்திற்கு அவன் 'கூலி' கொடுத்து விடுவான். கூலிக்காரன் தூக்கும் சாமான் அவனுக்கு பாரமாயிருக்கிற மாதிரி நமஸ்காரத்தையும் எங்களுக்கு பண்ணும் ஸம்மானமாக நினைக்காமல் பாரமாகத்தான் தெரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

"ஸம்மாநாத் மரணாதிவ" என்று வித்யாரண்யர் மகாபாரத கொடேஷன் குடுத்து சன்னியாசிகளை எச்சரித்திருக்கிறார். அதாவது நிஜ சந்நியாசி பாராட்டு கௌரவம் முதலியவற்றால் ஸம்மானிக்க படுவதை மரணமாக நினைக்க வேண்டும். மரணாதிவ என்பதற்கு நரகாதிவ என்று ஒரு பாட பேதம் இருப்பதையும் சொல்லி பலமாகவே பயமுறுத்திஇருக்கிறார்.'மரணம்' ஒன்றும் தெரியாமல் இருக்கும் ஸ்திதி தான் , நரகமோ சித்திர வதையே அல்லவா?

நாங்களோ ஜன சமூஹத்துக்கு நல்லது சொல்லி அவர்களை நல்லது பண்ணும்படி தூண்டிக் கொண்டிருக்கவே ஏற்பட்டவர்கள். அப்படி இருக்க குரு, பீடாதிபதி என்றெல்லாம் பெத்தப்பெயர் கொடுத்து எங்களை ஜன சமூஹம் ஸம்மானிக்கத் தானே செய்யும்? இதைத் தவிர்க்க முடியாது தான்.சிஷ்யலோகம் என்பது குருபீடம் என்றுள்ள ஒன்றில் இருப்பவரிடம் பணிவுடன் இருந்தால் தான் குரு செய்யும் உபதேசமும் அவருடைய அருளும் சிஷ்யர்களுக்குள் நன்றாக இறங்கும். ஆகையால் அவர்கள் மரியாதை(ஸம்மானம்) பண்ண வேண்டியதுதான். நாங்கள் அதை நிராகரிக்காமல் ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிற மாதிரியும் இருக்க வேண்டியதுதான். நீங்கள் எங்களை ஸம்மானிக்கவும் நாங்கள் 'அலவ்' செய்ய வேண்டும். அதே சமயம் நாங்கள் 'அக்சப்ட்' செய்து கொள்ளவும் கூடாது. அதெப்படி முடியும்? ஒன்றுக்கொன்று முரணாக இருக்கே என்றால் --கொஞ்சம் திரிசமன் பண்ணனும்.குருவுக்கு சிஷ்யாள் ஸம்மானம் பண்ண வேண்டியதே என்பதை மதித்தும், அதோடு நாம் செய்த ஸம்மானத்தை சுவாமியார் ஏற்றுக்கொண்டார் என்று நீங்கள் நினைத்து திருப்தி படும்படியாகவும் நாங்கள் அதை அக்சப்ட் பண்ணிக்கொண்டாப்போலவே காட்டிக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். உள்ளுக்குள்ளே எங்கள் பாவம் எப்படி இருக்கனுமென்றால், 'லோக வ்யவஸ்த்தைக்காக இப்படி பண்ண வேண்டியிருக்கிறது. வாஸ்த்தவத்தில் இந்த ஸம்மானம் நமக்கே சேருவதாக் நினைத்தோமோ அதோகதிதான்.நாராயணன் பெயரில் அவனுக்கு ஸம்மானத்தை சேர்ப்பிக்கும் கூலிக்காரனாகவே இதை சமர்ப்பணம் பண்ணிவிடவேண்டும் என்றே இருக்க வேண்டும்."இது நமக்குக் கொஞ்சம்கூட உரிமைப் பண்டமில்லை. நம் மூலமும் ஏதாவது நல்லது நடந்தால் அப்படி நடத்துவிக்கும் அந்த நாராயணனுக்கே உரிய சாமான் இது நாம் அதை ஒரு கூலியாகத் தான் தாங்குகிறோம் என்பதை புரிந்து கொண்டு தான் ஸம்மானங்க்களை வாங்கிக்கொள்ள வேண்டும்.பக்தர்களிடம் பிரியத்தினால் இந்த பாரங்களை சந்தோஷத்துடனே தாங்கி பகவானிடம் இறக்க வேண்டும். அப்படி இறக்காமல் எங்களுக்கே என்று துரார்ஜிதம் பண்ணிக் கொண்டால் அது எங்களுக்கு நிரந்தரமான் பாப பாரமே ஆகி விடும்.

நமஸ்காரம் பண்ணப்படுபவன் கதை இத்தனை 'ரிஸ்கி' யாக இருக்கிறது.

This kind of awareness is what has kept the teachers of this religion unique. I salute these teachers. Entharo Mahanubhavulu: anthariki vanthanamu.

raju garu,

chaala bhaaga undhi eee postlu.anny aaa yezhu kundalavada mahimamu.ksamichandi maa telegu anny marchi poyindi,emy cheyalay,ippudu tamilu englishlu famous aayi poyindhi.anthariki vanthanamu.

nachi naga.

Entharo Mahanubhavulu-4.

The other day I had visited along with my wife the Parthasarathy Swamy temple in Triplicane in Chennai city. It was a special occasion. The Utsava deity of the temple was adorning large garlands made of colourful flowers with fragrance. The archakas (kainkaryaparas) had taken great efforts to complete the alankaaram/chaththupadi. It was the mohini avatara thirukkolam that day. The munnazhagu and pinnazhagu were a treat to watch. There was a large crowd of devotees having the darshan as the Sri Paatham thangees(the volunteers who carry the utsavamurthy and the vahanam/pallakku) brought out the deity on the pedestal on their shoulders. In Vishnu temples there is this practice of carrying the deity on the shoulders of the volunteers and as they go around the temple prakaram and comes back to take the deity inside again they perform a ritualistic dance sort of thing in which the deity is moved left and right in a rhythmic movement to the tala of the vaadhyams(percussion instruments like melam). This is a practice followed in the Srirangam temple too. The call it by names such as sarpagathi etc depending on the type of rhythmic movement.

While all the devotees were watching the sarpagathi movement of the deity and the volunteers’ performance and were praying to the deity, there were two old brahmin women devotees who were by my side in the crowd who seemed to have been moved by the sight and were shedding tears. They were saying “கிருஷ்ணா! பார்த்தசாரதி!! உன்னை இப்படி ஆட்டு ஆட்டுன்னு ஆட்டராளே! எப்படித்தான் தாங்கிக்கறயோப்பா! எல்லாரையும் க்ஷமிச்சுடுப்பா."
That was a flash. We were struck and impressed beyond words by their total, innocent,simple love and devotion to the God. It was a revealing moment for me and my wife.
When we rant endlessly about the conspiracy of Brahmins against others and their seemingly unending culpability for casteism, it is this kind of simple folk also that we are accusing.

Entharo mahanubhavulu! Anthariki vandhanamu.

paattum naanay bhaavamum naanay,shivoham shivoham,aadum naanay aatubhavanum naanay,chidananda roopam shivoham shivoham

Dear Members,

I have joined this forum today and it is a pleasure to join this elite group.

I admire tamilians a lot because they are hard-working people and hence joined this group though i donot know tamil.

I am a brahmin from andhra pradesh and a devotee of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi.

I wanted to share Bhagavan's view regarding varnasrama differences.

D.: If varnasrama dharma be meant, such dharma prevails only in India. On the other hand the Gita should be universally applicable.

M.: There is varnasrama in some form or other in every land. The significance is that one should hold on to the single Atman and not swerve therefrom. That is the whole gist of it.

One visitor asked Bhagavan if it was not necessary that the varnasrama differences should go if the nation was to progress.

Bhagavan: How can one say whether it is necessary or not necessary? I never say anything on such subjects. People often come and ask me for my opinion on varnasrama. If I say anything they will at once go and publish in the papers, ‘So and so also is of such and such an opinion.’ The same scriptures which have laid down varnasrama dharma have also proclaimed the oneness of all life and abheda buddhi as the only reality. Is it possible for anyone to teach a higher truth than the Unity or Oneness of all life? There is no need for anyone to start reforming the country or the nation before reforming himself.

Each man’s first duty is to realise his true nature. If after doing it, he feels like reforming the country or nation, by all means let him take up such reform. Ram Tirtha advertised,‘Wanted reformers — but reformers who will reform themselves first.’ No two persons in the world can be alike or can act alike.

External differences are bound to persist, however hard we may try to obliterate them. The attempts of so-called social reformers, to do away with such classes or divisions as varnasrama has created, have not succeeded, but have only created new divisions and added a few more castes or classes to the already existing ones, such as the Brahmo-Samajists and the Arya-Samajists.

The only solution is for each man to realise his true nature.

Sources:

1) DAY BY DAY WITH BHAGAVAN From the Diary of A. DEVARAJA MUDALIAR
2) Talks With Ramana Maharshi Book

paattum naanay bhaavamum naanay,shivoham shivoham,aadum naanay aatubhavanum naanay,chidananda roopam shivoham shivoham
hi naachi naga sir,
meeru bhaga chepparu..kaani konni samayaalu..merru cheppathi
artham kaaledhu..emi chesadhi?....entharo mahanubhavulu
meee laaga...mee antharikki maa vanthanamulu...gotha
aayithaaa?....saakaa bhekkaaa...

regards
rbs

hi naachi naga sir,
meeru bhaga chepparu..kaani konni samayaalu..merru cheppathi
artham kaaledhu..emi chesadhi?....entharo mahanubhavulu
meee laaga...mee antharikki maa vanthanamulu...gotha
aayithaaa?....saakaa bhekkaaa...

regards
rbs

tbs sir,

parva ledhu andi...yain madu beku heli e ga!saar appo naan yedayavdhu ularindhu irrupain,take it easy sir policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back