• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Endhiran

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - Rajini kanth's mimicry in Japanese TV

well, we all know that thalaivar has a cult following in many countries. the above song is a rajani look alike in a japanese tv show. i found it interesting and amusing :)

YouTube - Der Geisterjäger - Comedy scene (auf deutsch)

above is a bit of thalaivar in chandramukhi (in german) :)

.. and as a bonus, here is a bunch of japanese doing our dappaanguthu. better than many folks that i know, including myself - i simply do not have that type of energy anymore :(

YouTube - Tamil Movie Dance in JAPAN (Neela)

I saw a teaser clip in youtube about the song ‘kadhal anukkal’ which is in one of my favourites list.

Always wondered how vairamuthu came up with comparing the girl to ‘senthEnil wasabi’; for those who are not familiar, wasabi is a asian root, which is very hot and is used as a flavouring for peas roast (that is the only way I know how to taste it). So to describe the girl as a hot one in a sweet honey, I thought was very appropriate.

Shreya ghosal, the female singer explained, that they were stuck for a word to rhyme with baby, and came up with wasabi; curious about the meaning they googled it, and discovered its meaning, which surprisingly was appropriate…. and that is how came a very unique catchy phrase evolved into a popular tune

Also vijay prakash the male singer, was apparently practising his vocal chords prior to recording, and those la la la tones captured rahman’s fancy and were incorporated as the start of the song.

Quite a different process to building a song,… I did not ever know how film songs were formed, though I have heard of such stories re kannadasan/MSV

A better written and definitely amore humourous review of the same movie was penned by our resident poet laureate hari elsewhere. But this being a family forum, I guess he has wisely decided to protect the innocents from ‘racy’ material? Hari?

Kunjuppu ji. vairamutthu also searched in google. they did lot of research.
he must have searched some sweet, hot fruit like aishwarya ha ha.
And they were prepared to be flexible thats good to c.

When Rajnikant does pushups, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the earth down.
Rajnikant once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills, they just made him blink.
Rajnikant’s every step is a mini whirlwind. Hurricane Katrina was the result of his morning jog!
Rajanikanth can strangle you with a cordless phone.
Rajanikanth can drown a fish.
There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Rajnikant lives in Chennai!
Where there is a will, there’s a way. Where there is Rajnikant, there is no other way!!
Rajanikanth can play the violen on a piano.
Ghosts are actually caused by Rajanikanth killing people faster than Death can process them.
When Rajanikanth looks in a mirror the mirror shatters, because not even glass is stupid enough to get in between Rajanikanth and Rajanikanth.
Rajnikant gave Mona Lisa that smile.
Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Rajanikanth’s PC will crash.
Rajinikanth once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants are
today called giraffes.
The Bermuda Triangle used to be the Bermuda Square, until
Rajinikanth kicked one of the corners off.
Rajinikanth once ordered a plate of idli in McDonald's, and got it.
Google won't find Rajinikanth because you don't find Rajinikanth;
Rajinikanth finds you.
Rajinikanth once warned a young girl to be good "or else". The
result? Mother Teresa.
Rajinikanth got small pox when he was a kid. As a result small pox
is now eradicated.
Rajinikant is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself
in the back of the head.

Rajanikanth can delete the Recycling Bin.
http://www.jokesduniya.com/2832/cant-get-enough/#

Let me take a conservative/critical view of the film.

I watch Tamizh films very rarely in recent years, and two of the lousiest films I ever watched were 'DashAvatAram' and 'Enthiran'. If this man KH tries to garner all the popularity with ten roles in the same film, this other man RK thinks he does one better by garnering all the roles! Both the films have scenes that are defamatory of Hinduism: when RK the robot poses with many hands with modern weapons in them, the film shows men and women who are Amman evotees bowing to this hideous figure in awe. In the other film, the utsava-vigraha of PerumAL (ViShNu) is thrown like a rugby ball, and is shown to land even in garbage and mud.

It is height of idiocy and sycophancy that the Tamizh film fans celebrate these two celebrities as matinee idols. While it is not uncommon that the make-beleive of cinematic technology descends to idiotic levels in Hollywood films, with Bollywood and Kollywood, idiocy is the only level that the technology serves to display with the blind belief that the film fans would gobble up whatever is shown.

Some enjoyable Hollywood desi films

Here is a list of Hollywood Desi films that could be good entertainments:

Films I watched:
01. Outsourced (2006) (Now a current TV show)
Outsourced - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I liked this film for its positive presentation of Hindu values.

02. American Desi (2001)
American Desi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--Hindu life in a US college campus--good.

03. Bride & Prejudice (2004)
Bride and Prejudice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--A delightful Bollywood adaptation (starring Aishvarya Rai) of Jane Austen's novel 'Pride and Prejudice'. A musical romantic comedy, with English lyrics composed to Hindu tunes.--good entertainment.

Films supposed to be good:
04. Bend It Like Beckham (2002)
Bend It Like Beckham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--seems to have won a number of awards.

05. Green Card Fever (2003)
Green Card Fever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--nominated as the best political film.

06. My Son the Fanatic (1997)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son_the_Fanatic_(film)
--won nominations and prizes

07. Monsoon Wedding (2001)
Monsoon Wedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--award-winning, starring Naseeruddin Shah

08. Praying with Anger (1992)
Praying with Anger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--directional debut of M.Night Shyamalan

09. Flavours (2004)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavors_(2004_film)
--scores well in IMDB

10. Mississippi Masala (1991)
Mississippi Masala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--Denzel Washington in an Indian film.

For other films, check:
Category:Desi films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:Films by Desi directors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sai,

i have seen miss masala & beckham.

miss masala was directed by mira nayyar and had denzel washington in hero role (the hindu gujju girl fell in love with a black man). a very good movie.

beckam was superb. it is coming of age movie, of a sikh teenager who wants to play soccer against her family's wishes.

another one, that is equally good, and set in england, within indian community, that you missed out in your list, is 'bhaji on the beach'. it is a woman empowerment movie and is delightful.

bride & prejudice, american desi - both were panned by reviewers. will make it a point to see them anyways.

thanks.

It is height of idiocy and sycophancy that the Tamizh film fans celebrate these two celebrities as matinee idols. While it is not uncommon that the make-beleive of cinematic technology descends to idiotic levels in Hollywood films, with Bollywood and Kollywood, idiocy is the only level that the technology serves to display with the blind belief that the film fans would gobble up whatever is shown.

Some enjoyable Hollywood desi films
Saidevo, I don't get to agree with you very often, here is an opportunity and I don't want to let it go.

Let me add a couple of more movies, may not be Hollywood, but made in the west.

The namesake
East is east

Cheers!

namaste kunjuppu.

sai,
bride & prejudice, american desi - both were panned by reviewers. will make it a point to see them anyways.

Both the above films scored decently in the IMDB rating, and many people have praised the film B&B in the Rottentomatoes website:
Bride and Prejudice Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

I think you could enjoy the films. I shall check about 'bhaji on the beach', and Nara, about the films you have listed: 'The namesake' and 'East is east'.

Incidentally, I liked the film 'The Last Airbender' by Shyamalan, specially for its graphics.

Have anybody read the Rajnikant jokes on the net?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back