• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

During menstruation, why are women not allowed to touch anything related to God

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbsji,

asafoetida is not the vizhuthu of any tree. It is just the sweat of a tree or at worse it is the blood oozing from the wounds of a tree.
hi

thanks....may be correct....some say...brahmins suppose not to use asafoetida...but we brahmins are using a lot...PERUNGAYAM

ILLATHA RASAMA?...

Dear Renu,

Why not consider that blood flow as the 'death' of a possible child! :Cry:
Accordingly any "rethas" flow from men that is not intended for procreation would also count as death of possible children. That too in millions.

If we count that as theetu, nen can never be touched in a liftime.

hi

i think three CURSES in the world....i think you know the story....one is woman's menstrual....second is NURAI of water.....

third one is asfotida.....the VIZHUTHU of particular tree....
Sir, what is the background about the three curses? I have not heard it yet.

Sir, what is the background about the three curses? I have not heard it yet.
hi

its in purana...these three told lies to some rishi....i dont remember much....but i heard some years back....may be some members

can explain more about it....

hi,
as per my understanding men are supposed to take bath and change poonul after sex.how many are doing it now??
so why only women should follow tradition and not men? where have the kudumis gone for funky hairstyle? why hue and cry when your wife trims her eyebrow?or wears jeans?
come on guys don't throw the book at girls after all without them our lives will be a desert,unless you are differently oriented.
keeping women out of sight during periods is barbaric.
let us vote for cleaning the community of all these traditions.
lastly ladies when you get some respite from all the work you do for 20 odd days, sit back and enjoy it.if the guy wants to do pooja let him do it. at least let him do some physical work once a while instead of attending to 'meetings".

hi,
as per my understanding men are supposed to take bath and change poonul after sex.how many are doing it now??

This practice should be brought back...to change the poonal after each act ..cos its the best form of contraception.

Everyone would think twice before gunning it cos its such a hassle to keep changing the poonal.

This practice should be brought back...to change the poonal after each act ..cos its the best form of contraception.

Everyone would think twice before gunning it cos its such a hassle to keep changing the poonal.
hi

there are great guys had made more than 13 kids or more....by just changing poonal....so dont underestimate them..lol

hi

there are great guys had made more than 13 kids or more....by just changing poonal....so dont underestimate them..lol

Have Gun Will Travel!

myclose.jpg

TB's could be excused as we are already talking about the community getting extinct in next 30 to 50 years due to low no of kids, late marriages & high IC/IR marriages (26%) as per our survey...TB's should stop using contraceptives!!

Reason:Spell check

Last edited:
TB's could be excused as we are already talking about the community getting extinct in next 30 to 50 years due to low no of kids, late marriages & high IC/IR marriages (26%) as per our survey...TB's should stop using contraceptives!!
Dear Ganesh,

This is not fair! Education is the only strength of Tambrams.
If there are more kids, paying the fees would become extremely difficult! :ballchain:

Please understand the problems the girls and ladies have before, during and after menstruation. In a small supermarket laid with white spartek floors entered a fashionable, well-to-do lady and was going through the various products. Suddenly there was blood splashed all over the white floor. The men, more of them checked themselves up for an unknown problem. They cleared the space not sure of themselves. But the floor man suddenly detected and traced the blood flow to the fashionable lady who was herself unaware. Mustering courage the floor man brought her attention and the lady left in a whiff. Nobody asked her to go out for this. Nor was it a holy place. How embarassing she might have felt, she only knew. Men these days are trying to be men without being men!?

That lady should be dumb! How can anyone NOT be aware of what is happening in the body! :noidea:

I already shared the embarrassing experience of a lady in a cinema theater, earlier in this thread.

My doctor dad told once that a girl fainted in a meeting held in college and was brought to the clinic.

The problem was that there was a huge clot in her body due to the 'thing' she used to stop the 'flow'!!

Only after removing the 'seal', she could recover.

Dear Ganesh,

This is not fair! Education is the only strength of Tambrams.
If there are more kids, paying the fees would become extremely difficult! :ballchain:
Already many people are asking for financial help for studies in this forum. sri Praveen had initiated something on this issue. so more kids and no money is going to push them to extremes. better to have one and give it all the best.
as it is we do not get seats in Medicine and law. govt. employment is ruled out. so where they will go for survival.
so TBs think before you ....

That lady should be dumb! How can anyone NOT be aware of what is happening in the body! :noidea:

I already shared the embarrassing experience of a lady in a cinema theater, earlier in this thread.

My doctor dad told once that a girl fainted in a meeting held in college and was brought to the clinic.

The problem was that there was a huge clot in her body due to the 'thing' she used to stop the 'flow'!!

Only after removing the 'seal', she could recover.
Ladies are very intelligent and know things before it happens. in this case it could be a case of start of menopause,when schedules go haywire.
sorry for intruding in their domain.(had to clarify) forgive me.

Ladies are very intelligent and know things before it happens. in this case it could be a case of start of menopause,when schedules go haywire.
Not all of them! :nono:

I had one professionally qualified girl as a guest, who spoiled my bed and never bothered to clean it!

P.S: Since all my in laws families are orthodox, girls with periods will be sent to my sweet home to enjoy equality! :dance:

Why nobody thinks the old idea was to avoid embarassment to the girl or lady? And in those days "whisperless" world. A confident lady is different from less informed or least confident one. If somebody says there are no such animals, I will say it is not a forest. As far as our shastra knowledge we are moribund.

Agreed.

There are cases of complete abortion/missed abortion(miscarriage) when bleeding is acute and sudden and the person might not have been aware of the acute onset of bleeding.Even Cancer Cervix can cause sudden bleeding.

So not every bleeding from the female reproductive tract is menstruation.

Severe acute onset of bleeding from a complete abortion/missed abortion can cause quite a blood loss.

Yes....you are right...sometimes when hormones go hay wire there can be acute menorrhagia and believe me one can even faint if not treated.

So the next time one sees blood on the floor...no need to think its only menstrual blood ..it could be blood from a medical condition ...and we should all learn to be a bit more understanding of the human body and be less judgmental.

I think as humans we need to have compassion.

Eswaran ji...I am glad to read your posts...you see life from a different perspective.

Keep it up.

Last edited:
Why nobody thinks the old idea was to avoid embarassment to the girl or lady? And in those days "whisperless" world. A confident lady is different from less informed or least confident one. If somebody says there are no such animals, I will say it is not a forest. As far as our shastra knowledge we are moribund.

Agreed...times have changed.

In the past patients with leprosy were isolated and place in a leper colony to rot.

Nowadays with advancement of treatment...leprosy patients are not isolated anymore and are among the general population moving about as normal.

Time "whispers" to us the winds of change...its our mindset that needs to be "stay free" from shackles of superstition.

madam,
thanks for appreciating my views. the change has to be brought from within. no social reformer is going to come and do it as we are a minority.this crap is more prevalent in iyyars and madhwas. for every such issue the "elders"(only in age) bring shankaracharya or maha periyava into picture,hoping that we will not question. we have to go through their teachings and counter it with facts. in extreme case we should approach the mutt to give guidance in the changed times. for example crossing an ocean is taboo for tambrahms. most of us are going out -where do we stand.??
finally please drop Ji from my name.thanks

madam,
thanks for appreciating my views. the change has to be brought from within. no social reformer is going to come and do it as we are a minority.this crap is more prevalent in iyyars and madhwas. for every such issue the "elders"(only in age) bring shankaracharya or maha periyava into picture,hoping that we will not question. we have to go through their teachings and counter it with facts. in extreme case we should approach the mutt to give guidance in the changed times. for example crossing an ocean is taboo for tambrahms. most of us are going out -where do we stand.??
finally please drop Ji from my name.thanks

Dear Eswaran,

I am not a TB but I have noted that most Hindus from any community still adhere to superstitions of various shades.

Especially among South Indians...superstitions are widely adhered too.

Comparatively I have noted that Sikhs are less superstitious and they are doing pretty fine.

Frankly speaking there is no actual need to to approach any mutt for anything..I feel a rational and logical mind can give us answers.

The problem is most of us Hindus do not have the confidence to act out of free will...fear grips the mind and we become paralyzed with superstition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back