• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dress code will be implemented in the Hindu temples of Tamilnadu from Jan 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Rishi Sir,

No one is forced to wear panchakaccham or madisAr, while going to temples.

The problem is that men and women wish to wear shorts/ jeans + T'shirs ! :cool:

AFAIK, jeans pants are washed very very rarely and some are torn in every possible place.
icon4.png

And in a few years time there would be demand for permission to visit temples wearing bermuda or nightie.

And in a few years time there would be demand for permission to visit temples wearing bermuda or nightie.
hi

now a days ..many maamis/pattis wear nighties only.....we can see them in any vegetable market in the morning in chennai.....they have not

wearing in temples.....otherwise whole day in nighties ONLY.....

courts should intervene and pass an order mandating that the acceptance of employment of the elephant is obtained in writing, from the elephant, before using them in temples.

I fully agree.

I feel its high time animals are not used in temples and allowed to follow their Dharma..that is living in the wild.

And now the state has intervened.

[h=1]Devotees can’t be compelled to wear particular form of dress: State[/h]
The State government on Monday preferred a writ appeal in the Madras High Court Bench here challenging a specific dress code framed and imposed by a single judge of the court for devotees and other visitors to various temples across the State.Despite being numbered as the first writ appeal of the year, High Court sources said that it would not be listed for hearing on Tuesday since a request has been made to defer the listing to facilitate the appearance of Advocate General A.L. Somayaji on the day of admission itself.According to the dress code prescribed by Justice S. Vaidyanathan and ordered to be implemented from January 1, men should wear “dhoti or pyjama with upper cloth or formal pants and shirts” and women “sari or half sari or churidhar with upper cloth.” Children could come in “any fully-covered dress.”The order was passed while disposing of a writ petition filed by Rasu seeking permission for Bharatanatyam and Gramiya Aadal Paadal (cultural programmes) in view of Shenbaga Vinayagar Temple festival at Akkiyampatti village in Marungapuri Taluk in Tiruchi district on November 21 and 22. The judge had initially passed an interim order on November 20 granting permission for the events on condition that the devotees and other attendees should adhere to a dress code prescribed by him to “enhance the spiritual ambience among the devotees” and report compliance by November 26.Subsequently, while disposing of the main writ petition, he suo motu impleaded the Secretary, Tourism, Culture and Religious Endowments Department, as a respondent to the case and directed him to implement the dress code in all temples until the State Government takes a policy decision on the issue.Assailing the correctness of the single judge’s order in the appeal, the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Secretary said that it was unsustainable in law and deserved to be set aside since the judge had gone beyond the scope of the writ petition.“The honourable judge ought to have seen that maintenance of order and decorum in a particular temple is within the powers of the temple administration and dress code differs from temple to temple based on the custom and no direction to follow uniform dress code in all temples can be issued.“There are famous temples like the Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple visited by foreigners and North Indians. They cannot be compelled to wear a particular form of dress. The prescription of fully covered dress for children also is not feasible of compliance,” the State claimed in its appeal.‘No compulsion’Nevertheless, concurring that those going to temples must wear a decent dress, the State said that “it could only be on their volition and not compulsion. Further, the Tamil Nadu Temple Entry Authorisation Act, 1947 is already governing the field… and no untoward incident has been reported as to give such directions.”

Credits: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...icular-form-of-dress-state/article8066559.ece

Not really RR ji...I wash my jeans each time I use it.

I feel mostly its males that do not wash their jeans often.

Males are lazy bones. They do not wash their jeans. They just get into the washing machine with the jeans on and get out after the wash is complete. LOL.

There are famous temples like the Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple visited by foreigners and North Indians. They cannot be compelled to wear a particular form of dress.

I have one honest doubt!

Will the
foreigners and North Indians find it difficult to follow the following rule
?
[QUOTE]
men should wear “dhoti or pyjama with upper cloth or formal pants and shirts” and women “sari or half sari or churidhar with upper cloth''.
Are they supposed to wear short dresses only? :noidea:

Dear Renu,

I hate to see dirty or shabby jeans! :yuck:

Most of the people let their jeans get dirty enough to have brown patches and then only wash it.

Luckily my son and d i l wear only clean jeans always (like you!!) :D

Here a Priest was suspended for putting wrong Namam violating the code! The Mutt claimed that the priests had put the Thenkalai namam instead of Vadakalai namam.

A TTD spokesman however said the guidelines of the Supreme Court have to be followed. “Since there was a mistake, it was corrected and the concerned priest was suspended,” he said. According to temple sources, priests are planning to go to court over the issue.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...fDgeDc4Dh817gOpWw&sig2=ubxubp3NskEH6mLhZ5UHGg

Siva! Siva!

What is the Supreme Court guideline?

Here a Priest was suspended for putting wrong Namam violating the code! The Mutt claimed that the priests had put the Thenkalai namam instead of Vadakalai namam.

A TTD spokesman however said the guidelines of the Supreme Court have to be followed. “Since there was a mistake, it was corrected and the concerned priest was suspended,” he said. According to temple sources, priests are planning to go to court over the issue.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...fDgeDc4Dh817gOpWw&sig2=ubxubp3NskEH6mLhZ5UHGg
I could not record my comments as Mr. Praveen has put a ban on " Vadakalai vs Thenkalai debates in any form".

What Tilak will be applied in a month which has 31 days. No tilak or will have similar rotation for one day.

I am no expert in these சம்பரதாயம் For Guidance they may approach the expert on இராமாநுஜர் - மதத்தில் புரட்ச்சி - who codified the adminstration of Tirupathi temple!

TTD_2688284f.jpg

The first thing I noticed in the above pic is that one person has unbalanced mustache! :spy:

Was it a 'vEndudhal' to God!! :noidea:

The first thing I noticed in the above pic is that one person has unbalanced mustache! :spy:

Was it a 'vEndudhal' to God!! :noidea:

He would have wagered and told the inner council of the "party" that he would remove one side of his mush if the brahmins come and take part in the photo op. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back