• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does Rg veda call for killing of Cow-slayer..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its rather clear that you derive some pleasure from the thought of causing harm to animals.

I am surprised to see you use the word "I hope".

What do you gain from hoping it contains animal products?..just to prove a pointless point?

I do not hope any rubber of any kind including a condom contains any animal products..its better to be non violent in approach.

There are always less violent options in life.

You misunderstood it. The 'hope' is for using a laptop or a phone with rubber and plastic (unless you have something special).. Any plastic or rubber used in products do have or use seatric acid derived from animals. It is certain and there is no 'hope' in it.

That's all I was pointing to.

-TBT

You misunderstood it. The 'hope' is for using a laptop or a phone with rubber and plastic (unless you have something special).. Any plastic or rubber used in products do have or use seatric acid derived from animals. It is certain and there is no 'hope' in it.

That's all I was pointing to.

-TBT

There is a difference between what you typed and sacrificing animals in the name of religion to please God.

Even if any lap top or mobile phone or even a condom contains stearic acid its not as if we are using it reciting mantras of any mumbo jumbo kind to secure a place in higher heavens and by falsely claiming its to please God and its for the benefit of the universe.

So I guess we can all have a Yagna and use our lap tops and mobile as the sacrificial animal instead...type Swaha before putting it into the fire!

கால பைரவன்;323511 said:
The modern thinking is that killing of animals is okay if it is for secular purposes. It is bad if it is for religious purposes. There is no morality in any of these - only hypocrisy!

True...that is why we find some who claim to be vegetarians but still wear silk sarees.
Some veg males wear leather..percussion instruments used in classical music too is made from leather.
So truly well said...the whole world is hypocrite.

True...that is why we find some who claim to be vegetarians but still wear silk sarees.
Some veg males wear leather..percussion instruments used in classical music too is made from leather.
So truly well said...the whole world is hypocrite.

Doc, The term "vegetarian" defines only the diet and what a person eats and so there is no hypocrisy there.

However, if one were to claim that one chooses to be vegetarian because one wants to minimize injury to animals and then proceeds to do all the stuff that you have mentioned then that becomes hypocritical. Also, technically the non-veg people are not hypocritical.

So what would you prefer? Being a non-hypocritical non-veg or a hypocritical veg who tries to minimize injury to animals by not eating, not wearing silk sarees but could not give up a laptop or a gadget that might use animal fat and stearic acid!

கால பைரவன்;323708 said:
Doc, The term "vegetarian" defines only the diet and what a person eats and so there is no hypocrisy there.

However, if one were to claim that one chooses to be vegetarian because one wants to minimize injury to animals and then proceeds to do all the stuff that you have mentioned then that becomes hypocritical. Also, technically the non-veg people are not hypocritical.

So what would you prefer? Being a non-hypocritical non-veg or a hypocritical veg who tries to minimize injury to animals by not eating, not wearing silk sarees but could not give up a laptop or a gadget that might use animal fat and stearic acid!

Dear KalaBhaiarava ji,

I became age at the age of 19 by personal choice cos I did not like the idea of killing an animal to eat..also I felt non veg food made me sleepy and tired easily..I was more alert and active with veg food..hence my decision to turn veg.

Then over the years I stopped using silk sarees cos I did not feel right wearing something that is made from dead silk worms.

I had never used leather in my life even so leather was never a problem...also all my cosmetics I use are certified against animal testing..I make it a habit to be as non violent as possible when it comes with dealing with animals.

So this I am no hypocrite.

BTW I did not know that stearic acid is a component used in lap tops..so I guess I would have to quit forum to prove I am not a hypocrite cos without a lap top I wont be able to log into forum.

So it seems to me that you feel if I still use my lap top I would be a hypocrite?

I have no problems giving up using anything in life..I do not feel so attached to anything..in fact I can just stop typing here if I want.

To prove that to you..you wont be seeing any more of my post.I actually do not actually need to use lap top too..but what a minute..that means I have to stop using my ultrasound too cos its also made from stearic acid I guess.Anyway its been giving me some trouble too..so I can just get rid of it.

Thank you Kalabhairava Ji..I have been planning to stop using electronics for sometime and you gave me the best opportunity to quit using it.

Last edited:
Dear KalaBhaiarava ji,

I became age at the age of 19 by personal choice cos I did not like the idea of killing an animal to eat..also I felt non veg food made me sleepy and tired easily..I was more alert and active with veg food..hence my decision to turn veg.

Then over the years I stopped using silk sarees cos I did not feel right wearing something that is made from dead silk worms.

I had never used leather in my life even so leather was never a problem...also all my cosmetics I use are certified against animal testing..I make it a habit to be as non violent as possible when it comes with dealing with animals.

So this I am no hypocrite.

BTW I did not know that stearic acid is a component used in lap tops..so I guess I would have to quit forum to prove I am not a hypocrite cos without a lap top I wont be able to log into forum.

So it seems to me that you feel if I still use my lap top I would be a hypocrite?

I have no problems giving up using anything in life..I do not feel so attached to anything..in fact I can just stop typing here if I want.

To prove that to you..you wont be seeing any more of my post.I actually do not actually need to use lap top too..but what a minute..that means I have to stop using my ultrasound too cos its also made from stearic acid I guess.Anyway its been giving me some trouble too..so I can just get rid of it.

Thank you Kalabhairava Ji..I have been planning to stop using electronics for sometime and you gave me the best opportunity to quit using it.

Dear Doc,

"The whole world is hypocrite" was your statement not mine.

You have completely misread my point. My point is even a hypocrite veg causes less harm to the animals in comparison to a non-hypocrite non-veg. Therefore, if one's position is to minimize injury to animals, it would be prudent to be supportive of vegetarian dietary habits instead of trying to make a case about what an hypocrite the vegetarian people are. That would be missing the forest for the trees. The "stearic acid" discussion is just a nominal extension to the usual arguments one sees about usage of "leather" etc That is all.

It is up to you to decide whether this post is in supportive of your position or not!

கால பைரவன்;323745 said:
Dear Doc,

"The whole world is hypocrite" was your statement not mine.

You have completely misread my point. My point is even a hypocrite veg causes less harm to the animals in comparison to a non-hypocrite non-veg. Therefore, if one's position is to minimize injury to animals, it would be prudent to be supportive of vegetarian dietary habits instead of trying to make a case about what an hypocrite the vegetarian people are. That would be missing the forest for the trees. The "stearic acid" discussion is just a nominal extension to the usual arguments one sees about usage of "leather" etc That is all.

It is up to you to decide whether this post is in supportive of your position or not!

Ok you win!

I could not stay away from forum..so go ahead call me a hypocrite or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back