• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do we care about the plight of the Kashmiri pandits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

how often is this issue discussed in the media or by our community ?

have they received any worthy attention and care from us , let alone the other communities and the media, ?

do they deserve a right to vote ?

what r ur recommendations for creating public awareness on this among our tambram community ?

suggestions for a solution to their problem are also welcome ....

http://www.shehjar.com/list/90/803/1.html

http://www.factusa.org/totalexhibit/exhibition.asp

re

how often is this issue discussed in the media or by our community ?

have they received any worthy attention and care from us , let alone the other communities and the media, ?

do they deserve a right to vote ?

what r ur recommendations for creating public awareness on this among our tambram community ?

suggestions for a solution to their problem are also welcome ....

http://www.shehjar.com/list/90/803/1.html

http://www.factusa.org/totalexhibit/exhibition.asp

vv

its so strange coincidence,that i got off the phone talking with a friend of mine living in Louisville,Kentucky about Kashmiri Pandits and the Shankara Acharya Peetham of Kashmir,and lo then i read your post.I am having goose pimples at this posts timimgs.

You are thinking about kashmir,whereas i am thinking afghanistan,pakistan,bangladesh,nepal,sri lanka,iran,iraq,saudi arabia,uae,israel,egypt,africa,americas,nort pole,south pole ...were part of old india when Lord Krishna was alive.And all these kingdoms have become seperate countries,and today whats left is India=a diminished territory of ancient bharatham.

Robert Oppeneheimer has opined,that ancient bharathians were the first to explode wmd during the mahabharatham war too.Kashmiri Pandits hvae been dis-lodged from their roots deliberately by Congress is my opinion.Dunno why they have done this,though.I blame mrs.indira gandhi for this state of affairs and Vajpayee for perpetuating it.Poor Dr.Singh has to deal with this crap of Islamic capture of Kashmir.

sb

bala-ji ,,,, thnx for the comments ... hopefully others will chip in too ...
Dear VV ji.
i agreed with u 100% in this matter....really a thought provoking topic...
i had personal experience with kashmir pandit in USA...its a really
sad story of brahmins....

regards

it is sad to see that so many of our enlightened members who have had such vocal opinions about things like a brick structure or critiquing a community dont seem to have any interest in taking a stand on the plight of 400,000 kashmiri pandits who are living as refugees in their own country for wht is now two decades .... wht culd one understand from this ?

re

http://news.rediff.com/slide-show/2009/may/31/slide-show-1-khir-bhawani-shrine-festival.htm

J&K: Pandits worship at Khir Bhawani

Thousands of Kashmiri Pandits streamed into Tulmulla from various parts of the country for the annual festival of the Khir Bhawani shrine, north of Srinagar.
The Pandit diaspora has been keeping their date with the temple, the most revered Pandit shrines in Kashmir even after their mass migration in 1990.
Their attendance at the festival has been increasing with each year and this year too thousands are at the shrine to pay obeisance to the revered deity.
Text: Mukhtar Ahmad

sb

to ss-ji and bala-ji

ss - ji and bala-ji ... do u have an opinion abt why the others in the forum who were so active abt protecting brick structures and not revising history are ignoring this thread ... or is it precisely because they do not wish to re-write history here too ... ?

The apparent lack of enthusiasm of the Hindus to help the community is a trait that has been particularly utilized, and to good benefit, by the political elite of India...

The genocide of Kashmiri pandits is not new news; it has been sidelined for all these years...

A feeling or compassion or extension of kindness or sharing that has not sprouted for two decades, will not come instantaenously...

A few points that come to my mind are:

--> Immediate economic aid to the Kashmiri refugees (shame on us in letting our countrymen becoming refugees in our own country); this aid can be either through the GOI or private funded or both

--> Force the media to give attention to such refugees; if telecasts are done repeatedly and with intent, the GOI cannot carry on with a deaf ear...

--> Reclaiming their rightful homes..

As a start we can have a separate space in this site itself for monetary contribution for the kashmiri pandits; this can be utilized for economic relief as well as to push the media button...

This single move should see a rejuvenation in the spirit of compassion and patriotism amongst the masses...

ss - ji and bala-ji ... do u have an opinion abt why the others in the forum who were so active abt protecting brick structures and not revising history are ignoring this thread ... or is it precisely because they do not wish to re-write history here too ... ?
I presume that you meant tbs... anyway, most of the members here seem to be of the opinion that anything to do with hindu welfare, research, history etc is directly related to fundamentalism/extremism... it is not seen as a basic right of hindus... but when muslims do that, nobody has the gall to question it or challenge it... meekly we all applaud ourselves or try to justify the minority in the name of secularism... and we think that we are the true followers of the sanathana dharma.... A very nice way of colouring our true nature of cowardliness...

Sri vv Ji,

I did not respond mainly because 1) I do not know the issue fully well. When I was traveling on a long flight once, a Kashmiri Pandit gentleman was sitting next to me. And he ended up giving me the whole picture - which confused me. Anyways, the fact that a whole lot of them have left and are 'refugees' in India is, I agree is shameful. Both UPA and NDA seem to be helping them and the resttling issue, I think is complicated. 2) While this is tragic, there are whole lot of other issues concerning our own community that concerns me more.

Sri SS,
As usual you seem to think somehow that everyone in your community is a coward and you are the only brave one. Please do not confuse 'discrimination' with cowardice. Blaming the entire group of people is not logical.

Showing concern for others is never a 'Hindutva' trait. It is only human to do so. So, please do not generalize with sarcasm. But here it was asked as a open question as to how to help. Your response is the same open ended response that everyone has been saying all this time. In what way you are offering a 'brave' and unique response? Just saying these plattitudes is not going to help that community, is it? What are you doing to effect your own solution?

Regards,
KRS

Lets not forget, Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru too is a Kashmiri...

Its not that, we worry of them, equally, we dont care about the 20,000 lives killed by Srilankan army.. Im not taking a tamilian stand here..As an India, we never bothered about the human rights violation/genocide/killings which happened around the world. We didnt bother to condmen Bush's iraq bombing..

Yes, You and me, dont bother about the value for life!! Why you should bother about Kashmiri pundit plight, when you dont bother about the next door killing of srilankan tamils few weeks ago.. Thats not in our blood... May be, that;s the Dharma of Kashmiri king!!

Sorry, that was too big a sarcasm.. Take it light!!

Shri KRS,

Apologies if I have given the impression that with my exception, all the rest are cowards...! Certainly not my intention... :nono: and neither did I claim a uniqueness in my suggestions...

BUT, the result, as seen is definitely an example of cowardice or apathy... if you interpolate this to mean that all are cowards, I leave the inference to you!

I merely responded to the author of this thread...

And as before, I can volunteer in whatever suggestion I have said... and I do not throw words around loosely... as you seem to think so...

If you have better ideas, why not list them? Am open to any valid and constructive ideas and that necessarily need not my own triviality...

Am waiting to hear you out...

Regards,

thnx for all your concerns and sincere comments .. hope this will contiue further ....

now i am hoping people here can present their understanding of the causes , perpetrators , events and the present situation of the problem in a nutshell ....

they way we look at the problem in terms of these parameters is going to decide our response to it too ..

re

vv

while i cannot know the reason for others non-participation in a way,you wish,but we all are concerned about our kashmiri brothers and sisters.Islamic peoples behaviour is outrageous to say the least worldover by global religious domination and the other who is one-up on them are the christians,imho.

while i am not being revengeful in my assertions about getting back sanathana dharma icons to its slated position of glory,i am baffled when i am encountering goi non-interest in any of India historical heritages,instead constantly keeping up with the jones of the world!!

sb

vv

while i cannot know the reason for others non-participation in a way,you wish,but we all are concerned about our kashmiri brothers and sisters.Islamic peoples behaviour is outrageous to say the least worldover by global religious domination and the other who is one-up on them are the christians,imho.

sb

Dear Bala, Im not sure if you have studied the detailed history of Kashmir King Ranbir Sigh, his grandson Hari Singh and his hidden agenda to join Indian kingdom, instead of fighting against Pakistan, and form a seperate country like 'NEPAL''..

Anyway, have a look at this clip from Stanford university site. Im not sure how this info is authentic.. pasting the last paragraph here..

3 Mistakes commited by Kashmiri Pandits

1. Kashmiri Pandits declined to convert Buddhist
Rinchan to Hinduism. Enraged he converted to Islam.
And a seed of 500 year tryannical Islamic rule was
sown.

2. When Hindus assumed the power in Kashmir, the
king Ranbir Singh, asked Kashmiri Pandits to allow
those (who were earlier converted to Islam by force)
to join Hinduism. Narrow minded, short sighted, and
not having learnt anything from the 500 years
expirience, Kashmiri Pandits declined to do so.

3. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.

Source: Converted Kashmir: A bitter saga of religious
conversion - by Narendra Sehega

http://www.stanford.edu/group/hsc/kashmir/History of Kashmir.pdf

PS: I do agree there was a kind of genocide happened in Kashmir against 'Pundits'..But now, its all over.

Last edited:
re

Dear Bala, Im not sure if you have studied the detailed history of Kashmir King Ranbir Sigh, his grandson Hari Singh and his hidden agenda to join Indian kingdom, instead of fighting against Pakistan, and form a seperate country like 'NEPAL''..

Anyway, have a look at this clip from Stanford university site. Im not sure how this info is authentic.. pasting the last paragraph here..

sown.

PS: I do agree there was a kind of genocide happened in Kashmir against 'Pundits'..But now, its all over.

sapr

I am with Mahaswamigal Of Kanchi,who actually revealed the truth to me,regarding the truths in Bhagavath Gita.Only Sanathana Dharma existed in earth.Other religions have joined to Sanathana Dharmas existing foundation to build further,imho.

King Hari Sing declared to join India in 1947.Thats all matters.Kashmir is Indias state.Pakistan itself was created only 61 years back and Islam itself was born 1500 years back.And Christanity was born only 2009 years back.

So,you see,anyway you look or try to comprehend,sanatha dharma is the original grand-daddy of all religions in this world.Indians compassion is god's gift to us.Both Islam & Christians kill or coerce people to join their religion,thats the bottom line.Which is very un-god like.

Kashmiri Pandits have to be re-located back immdly by GOI and kill Pakistanis once in for all,for buggering Indians with Kashmir.In this,i am with President G W Bush=pre-emptive strike,as perceived threat from Pakistan.blamo :)

sb

sown.

hi all,
our own citizens are our refugees in our own country....mera bharat mahan..ha ha..

regards

Sri SS,
My response in 'blue':
Shri KRS,

Apologies if I have given the impression that with my exception, all the rest are cowards...! Certainly not my intention... :nono: and neither did I claim a uniqueness in my suggestions...
Sir, you did say that those who do not defend Sanathana Dharma, per your definition of what that defense is are cowards - please read your statement again.

No, you did not say that your ideas were unique, I said that. I said that to show you your three ideas have been discussed all the time. Can you tell me what have you done over the past decade towards this cause? On any of the 3 ideas you have proposed?

BUT, the result, as seen is definitely an example of cowardice or apathy... if you interpolate this to mean that all are cowards, I leave the inference to you!
Again, 'apathy' and 'cowardice' are your inferences. These are wrong words, in my opinion. When the Gujarat quake happened (and I was in India at that time), I saw how much as a community we sent to Gujarat. I know what happened after the Acharyals of Kanchi were falsely accused. There were many in our community who stayed away because they did not know the truth, but then there were many more new adherents who came forward to defend. They still are defending. Just because you by yourself do not see a TB mob taking sticks and try to fight with the so called 'Darvidians' does not mean we as a group lack courage. You have been repeating this mistaken notion several times now. I do not agree with your assessment.

I merely responded to the author of this thread...

And as before, I can volunteer in whatever suggestion I have said... and I do not throw words around loosely... as you seem to think so...
Then tell us your personal initiatives you have taken on this issue before Sri VV Ji opened this thread? This issue has been there all along........

If you have better ideas, why not list them? Am open to any valid and constructive ideas and that necessarily need not my own triviality...
As I said, I have no better ideas and the ideas you have put forth are not new. It is a difficult problem and I leave it to others to solve. As I have said, my energies are spent elsewhere in a useful way.

Am waiting to hear you out...

Regards,

Regards,
KRS

Shri KRS,

It is easy enough to identify my replies:

Sir, you did say that those who do not defend Sanathana Dharma, per your definition of what that defense is are cowards - please read your statement again
Would request you to re-read that again - I do not find your inference there! I have tried to highlight a mix of factors/actions there... and not a generalization as you have tried above...

No, you did not say that your ideas were unique, I said that. I said that to show you your three ideas have been discussed all the time. Can you tell me what have you done over the past decade towards this cause? On any of the 3 ideas you have proposed?
I do not find this piece worth replying, but for this comment...

Again, 'apathy' and 'cowardice' are your inferences. These are wrong words, in my opinion. When the Gujarat quake happened (and I was in India at that time), I saw how much as a community we sent to Gujarat. I know what happened after the Acharyals of Kanchi were falsely accused. There were many in our community who stayed away because they did not know the truth, but then there were many more new adherents who came forward to defend. They still are defending. Just because you by yourself do not see a TB mob taking sticks and try to fight with the so called 'Darvidians' does not mean we as a group lack courage. You have been repeating this mistaken notion several times now. I do not agree with your assessment.
Hmm... individual and isolated events do not form the majority opinion - what you have written above is a classic case of such misunderstanding. There could be many brave brahmin folk, but that is not the norm as seen from the action/results... There is a fallacy in your outlook itself and that is why you see me as having a mistaken notion... (here, am talking about protecting and securing our rights and not about charity alone)

Then tell us your personal initiatives you have taken on this issue before Sri VV Ji opened this thread? This issue has been there all along........
I think you are stooping down and effectively bringing this discussion to amateurish levels.

I may not have done anything known to you, but that does not mean I have never done always. Neither do I see the necessity to prove myself to your outbursts...

As I said, I have no better ideas and the ideas you have put forth are not new. It is a difficult problem and I leave it to others to solve. As I have said, my energies are spent elsewhere in a useful way.
Everyone always thinks that; your thought itself is nothing new... and everyone can throw the same back at you...

Regards,

Dear Sri SS Ji,

I did not ask you the question about your contribution to the Kashmiri Pandit cause to imply that you did not contribute to that. You correctly answered that it was a private affair and it should be.

I only did that to show you how wrong it is to generalize about communities. Bravery, Charity, Humanness are all qualities that show up at the hour of need and even then they may not be visible. Like you, I do not advertise my philanthropic or other activities. Even my family does not know them, in general. I suspect our community has quite a number of folks like us who quietly go about the business of helping our community. One may say, as Hundus we generally lag behind the Abrahamic religions in an organized, inbred way of a primary concern for helping our fellow human beings. The causes are many, including the Varna Dharma principle, as well as the belief in the Karma theory where redress is seen as interfering. Anyways, within this framework, our community, in my opinion does not take a back seat to anyone.

This was the point I was trying to make.

If I hurt your feelings in anyway I apologize.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back