• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Developing Old Agraharams as Retirement Villages/Old Age Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
rvr,

there might be folks, who buy now for future use. they can rent out the place to out of town visitors based on weekly or monthly charges? this may cause a floating tenancy for some, but should be ok as long as it is within control re behaviour, norms, numbers etc

re opening up to hindu veggies, i would suggest that be a founding principle. if you leave it to the folks decision, as found in other threads, prejudices and narrow minds appear to rule the day. it is time that they are led out of darkness by enlightened folks like you.

thank you.
I am in agreement on this. If some people want some time to come and occupy, or those who buy for future use, their quarters may be allowed for temorary stay.

In that case, we can consider the whole thing as a pure investment proposal with some sort of restrictions on resale.

Those who can occupy immediately can do so without any problem. For those who are thinking of occupying in future can rent it out according to the restrictions imposed.

We can also have a small portion on some sort of time share concept where NRIs and people living in other parts of India can use it for a limited period every year. We can permit carry forward facility also upto certain years if they are unable to use it.

If I have correctly understood the views of both Kunjuppu ji and Sangom ji, we can evolve a strategy accordingly.

All the best

rvr,

thank you for summarizing our evolving thoughts. yes, resale of properties, rental parameters, and many such stuff has to be thought through. you need a good real estate lawyer from the start. has to be professionally managed and above board.

best wishes..

Both lawyer and architect is no problem. I have excellent professinals in both the fields.

All the best

In that case, we can consider the whole thing as a pure investment proposal with some sort of restrictions on resale.

Those who can occupy immediately can do so without any problem. For those who are thinking of occupying in future can rent it out according to the restrictions imposed.

We can also have a small portion on some sort of time share concept where NRIs and people living in other parts of India can use it for a limited period every year. We can permit carry forward facility also upto certain years if they are unable to use it.

If I have correctly understood the views of both Kunjuppu ji and Sangom ji, we can evolve a strategy accordingly.

All the best
Dear RVR,

That is right. But I would add that if any investor/owner wants to come and settle down for good, he should get his/her accommodation at short notice of say a maximum of two months. Such a provision will have to be suitably incorporated if we have to rent out for longer periods of 6 months or more to any one else, I think.

This discussion has wandered from my original post. :eek: RVR's scheme has drawn a very good response.

However I would really welcome some developers converting old Agraharams to Retirement villages. This could also help in the renovation of some of the old temples.

TBS sir,

the site is not opening since it is restricted for members only I suppose. Please furnsih just extracts of the material.

All the best

Sorry Sri Sankar Sharma sir for hijacking your thread.

I request Sri Praveen to bifurcate this thread suitably so that both the objectives are achieved.

All the best

This discussion has wandered from my original post. :eek: RVR's scheme has drawn a very good response.

However I would really welcome some developers converting old Agraharams to Retirement villages. This could also help in the renovation of some of the old temples.

hi RVR Sir,
sorry....yes its only for members....

Start Topic
Senior Citizen Home with Geriatric Care Centre Message List /* start of attachment style */ div.ygrp-photo { background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: white; border: 1px solid #666666; height: 62px; overflow: hidden; width: 62px; } div.ygrp-photo a img { border: none; } div.ygrp-photo-title { clear: both; font-size: smaller; height: 12px; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; width: 64px; } div.ygrp-photo-title a { text-decoration: none; } .bottom { vertical-align: bottom; } div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row { clear: both; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div { float: left; margin: 1px 2px 0 3px; overflow: hidden; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span { font-weight: normal; } div.ygrp-file-title { font-weight: none; } div.ygrp-file { vertical-align: middle; width: 20px; } div.file-row { margin-bottom: 5px; } div.msgarea p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 0 0; } Reply
Message #352 of 352 < Prev < Prev | Next >
Dear Friends! It indeed gives me a pleasure to send this message cross to you
all informing about our Geriatric Care facility for senior citizens both mobile
and immobile category. We have a concept of "Life to end".

Balaji Healthcare is probably of the very few institutions in Mumbai and Navi
Mumbai which has a Geriatric care along with a hospital and takes care of senior
citizens esp the immobile ones for entire life.

We are ISO9001-2008 certified organisation and are currently based out of Kopar
Khairane - Navi Mumbai. We have been running this activity since 2002 and
currently has around 40 plus senior citizens staying with us. We take care of
people with Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's, Schizophrenic, Paralytic and
Hemiplegics patients etc and are provided round the clock care to meet personal
needs like feeding, cleaning, laundry etc. People requiring rehabilitation and
physiotherapy are attended to by an experienced physiotherapist.

While India has progressed quite well in all fields over the years but
unfortunately there has been less focus for a Geriatric Care unlike in USA and
Canada where government takes care. However we at Balaji Healthcare have spent
well over last 9 years taking care of senior citizens and we are well aware of
the issues and problems that a senior citizen would face. Its with this
objective of providing a retirement home with a hospital and medical facility
within the premises that we are developing our project at Vasind.

Balaji Healthcare offers one the best facilities at very affordable rates.

Special Features
•Anti skid floorings.
•Bathrooms specially designed for senior citizens.
•Spacious deluxe rooms and suites with fully furnished for senior citizens
including sofa, dining table, TV, Music system, Intercom, Emergency calling
bell, kitchenette with micro wave and small fridge, bathroom with guide rail
bars and anti skid tiles etc.
•Temple within the premises.
•Physiotherapy and rehabilitation centre.
•Well equipped library and computer room with internet facility.
•Yoga and Meditation hall.
•Day Care Centre
•24 hrs medical facility with pharmacy within building premises.
•Veg Food / Jain Food (Liquid or Solid as per request).
•Complimentary Laundry Services.
•Charges include nursing charges.
•Exclusive lift for Senior Citizen Home.
•Daily checkup by duty medical officer.
•Water purifier in each floor.
•Travel desk for arrangement of local travel.
•Can take walk along the river side in the evenings to fit.
•Male and Female Attendant for each floor.
•Separate dormitory rooms for males and females.
•Nearby banking facilities.

For immobile people
•Personal hygiene like daily bath/sponging, brushing teeth etc.
•Feeding those who cannot take care of themselves.
•Assistance for physical activities likes going to toilet, to & from movements.

I am attaching the following thing for your reference.

Web link to our Vasind Project.
BALAJI HEALTH CARE - Hospital & Oldage Care Center

Please note our address below

Balaji Healthcare
Rajpal Hospital
Plot13, Sector 10,
Kopar Khairane
Navi Mumbai
Land mark - near D'Mart
Contact details :D N Bala (9820603477) / balajihealthcare@...

I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT BOOKING FOR SENIOR CITIZEN ROOMS HAVE BEGUN AND
FOR THE FIRST 3 COUPLES WE ARE OFFERING 10% DISCOUNT ON MONTHLY RENTALS FOR
FIRST 6 MONTHS. THIS OFFER IS VALID TILL 30tH SEPTEMBER 2010.

A COUPLE CAN END OF SAVING UPTO Rs.12000/-, SO HURRY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR SOMETIME.

In case you have any query please do call me or email me and I will be pleased
to address it.

Regards

D.N.Bala

coutesy USA pattars yahoo group

regards
tbs

Dear friends,

It seems a land adjacent to the school measuring approx 1.5 acres is available. I have requested for further details.

I shall keep you posted about the developments.

All the best

Namaskarams to All,

This is indeed a good thought. I had gone through the post and it seems to me the focus is being given only for the retired / old age, and I was thinking why this can't be extended to all brahmins (from kids to Old) who wish to live and practice vedic culture with the modern amenities.

A society with minimum human exploitation and maximum utilization of nature.

I was even thinking of inclusion of vedic studies (sutras and vedas) in schools as one of the subjects.

Nowadays, I hear plans from builders giving amenities like swimming pool, artificial lake, spa, zakusies, golf course etc and even one offering racing track??, I personally feel if inplace of such modern luxury amenities, we can have a free medical center run by the agraharam itself, and other such important amenities maintained by the agraharam itself.

I was searching for this sort of discussions for so long!! thanks for posting and I am eagerly waiting for the feedbacks...

Thanks and Regards,

- Krish

Dear friends,

It seems a land adjacent to the school measuring approx 1.5 acres is available. I have requested for further details.

I shall keep you posted about the developments.

All the best
In my view the proposed colony should be in a calm and quiet locality. A school in the adjacent compound may not be desirable.

hi folks,
my dream of modern agraharam......a calm and quite place...any bank of river....excellent medical facilities provided by the members for

the members of agraharam....at least emergency services....nice temple with sanskrit /vedic studies facilities....excellent common

internet/telephone/dish services.......non political atmosphere.....nice harmony with nature....self minimum contained food/grocery

services...nice combination of smarthas/vaishnavas/madhvas or any type brahmins including north indian brahmins...living in a co

operative manner....its example of sanatan dharma..........its purely my dream...my 2 cents.....

regards
tbs

Last edited:
namaste everyone.

By bhagavat-anugraham, I and my family members are living in a house that more or less meets the agrahAram specifications, and away from the humdrum and hubbub of city life, although we are living a life that cannot be described as much traditional.

I think it would be a good idea to ensure that the houses in the proposed project are built on the principles of vAstu, if possible right up to the room measurements (at least either in length or breadth).

This is because in our experience of six years in our house, which we built according to vAstu principles (right up to one measurement in rooms), we find that vAstu gives us a healthy state in body and mind.

We may also (me included) think about living a traditional life in our present homes, at least at some fixed intervals, say a Sunday in a month or so. On this day, we might avoid using the TV, the computer and other modern gadgets and devote the entire day to niyama-anuShTAna (with trikAla saMdhyAvandanam), pArAyaNa and svAdhyAya. It could also be a good idea for the womenfolk to use the old-fashioned ammi/ATTukkal on just this one day, although they cannot avoid using the gas stove for cooking.

Last edited:
Developing Old Agraharams as Retirement Villages/ Old Age Homes

Recently I happen to stay in "Badarika Ashrama" Madihalli,TiruVEKERE Taluk,TUMKUR District Karnataka 572227,India.Phone no:- 08139-287571.They have an office in Bangalore.Phone No:- 080-23227292.
The Ashrama can be reached by car/Taxi,Bus from Bangalore. It takes 3 hours to reach by bus the distance being 125 kms.The Ashrama is located in 60acres of extensive gardens, coconut groves and fruit orchards with guest house facilities for visitors.The Founder President SWAMI OMKARANANDA ia a simple and sicere person and touches the hearts of all visitors to the ashram.
Swamiji invited me to put up my cottage in the Ashrama and settle down doing voluntary social work.The Ashrama is a Spiritual Oasis.
During my stay I met an AMERICAN lady aged 84 years from California, U.S.A.
staying for a month, three American students studying in 12th class in America.
One was an Indian Origin Boy and two of his friends in School.Of the two one is of AFRO-AMERCAN Origin and the other An American Boy.
I also met A retired Vice-Chancellor of Karnataka university(busy writing a Book about SWAMIJI) and one middle aged lady from AUSTRALIA Dr.RADHA.
The Asrama has a branch in California at the following address
15602,Maubert Avenue,SAN LEANDON, Ca 94578U.S.A.
Tel:- 510-278-2444
Persons who are interested tohave "spiritual Retreat" may go and stay in the Ashram after talking to the Ashram office over Phone.
B.Krishnamurthy

sri saidevo
good thought and u r doing it in pratical. man needs always a change, so it is good to have like this habits. it is good for the health and mind too.
just changing the position or location of the furnitures tv computers etc to have new look of the rooms, will realy help to have a face lift .

I have only one problem in this retirement village project. I may not live long enough to retire. I am really scratching my head here. But otherwise, I more than willing to support this project. I am really attracted by the possibility of voluntary service at the school. In a couple of years time when I built enough holidays, I may spend a month or two in that area to get the feel and do some voluntary work. It is just a thought at this point in time.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back