• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Delhi court asks woman seeking alimony to find a job, stop being a financial burden t

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

1. Delhi court asks woman seeking alimony to find a job, stop being a financial burden to husband

New Delhi:
A woman has been advised by a Delhi court to make sincere endeavour to find a job, saying she is well-qualified and cannot be allowed to sit idle at home to put financial burden on her estranged husband.

The court took into consideration that the woman, who was seeking alimony from her husband, was more qualified than him and was also an able-bodied person having capacity to earn. District Judge Rekha Rani noted that the man, who had filed an appeal against the amount of maintenance of Rs 12,000 which he was directed to pay to his estranged wife, was now ready to help her in finding a job and had also agreed to pay Rs 12,000 per month to her for a year.

"Respondent (woman) admitted being more qualified than the appellant (man). She admitted being able-bodied person and having capacity to earn. As such she cannot be allowed to sit idle at home to put financial burden on the appellant. Let her make sincere endeavour to find work. "As offered by the man, if the woman needs assistance of the appellant in finding job, she may communicate with him by sending SMS on mobile/email," the court said.

It also directed both of them to exchange their mobile numbers and email addresses, within a week of passing the order before the trial court. "The man has agreed to pay her maintenance of Rs 12,000 per month for one year and during this period, she should make sincere efforts and start working. The impugned order is operative for one year from the date of order," the judge said.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/d...ng-a-financial-burden-to-husband-2690412.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasonable logical judgement. Women no more can bleed men in the name of women's liberty or cruelty or independance etc.

Men are supposed to be economic providers in return for a woman offering herself to him.

If a marriage has failed, he has to provide for her as she might have lost her capacity to be marketable in indias job market.

My sympathies are with the woman.

She should go in appeal to higher courts.

What kind of judgement is this?

This will set precedence for men to escape paying alimony.

After all if the wife is not working she has the right to alimony and going to work or not is not within the jurisdiction of the court.

The court should remain technical and legal and not blame women for everything.

Actually I feel the women in this case should take legal action for being accused of being a financial burden cos alimony is a legal right.

I think this women judge is right in her judgment.

The girl is a gold medalist in M.Sc.,

What prevent her to lead to self-reliant life?

Why be a dependent to someone (economically)?

If the girl is uneducated, economically poor, unable to support herself, or suffer from other deficiencies, the law will certainly favour her.

I really appreciate this woman judge for pronouncing such a controversial judgment.

Above all one of the readers has commented this, which I would like to share here:

“Has this man never heard that you can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make it drink?”

Men are supposed to be economic providers in return for a woman offering herself to him.

If a marriage has failed, he has to provide for her as she might have lost her capacity to be marketable in indias job market.

My sympathies are with the woman.

She should go in appeal to higher courts.

This is very old school Krishji. How are you sure whether the woman offered herself or the man offered himself?

Also is the notion of "economic provider" written in the marriage contract?

After all if the wife is not working she has the right to alimony and going to work or not is not within the jurisdiction of the court.

Actually I feel the women in this case should take legal action for being accused of being a financial burden cos alimony is a legal right.

But then alimony is a right for the male too! Unfortunately this right is not enforceable in India.

But then alimony is a right for the male too! Unfortunately this right is not enforceable in India.

Then remain married...solves all problems.

Being a divorcee one might need to pay even for 1 night stands!

This is very old school Krishji. How are you sure whether the woman offered herself or the man offered himself?

Also is the notion of "economic provider" written in the marriage contract?

Biswa...what old school...its fantasy.

People even offer virgins to a volcano!LOL

Mangalyam tantunanena mama jeevana hetuna
kanthe badhnami subhage twam jeeva sarada satam

"Twam jeeva sarada sadam" is the promise a man makes when he invites a girl to his life as his partner. In any case at any stage this partnership is broken, whatever may be the reason, man has to keep his words, his commitment to keep her happy for years to come. The only thing he can do at such a stage is at least provide financial stability to her for the rest of her life. For that reason, we all know a spinster would lead much happier life than a divorced women in our society. Ali money is not 'alms' but is the essential to financial support she needs to pull on even though the marriage is broken for her own faults. In our society, a divorced man's social acceptance is much higher than what a divorced women commands!

A womans life has been damaged by a man who has used her both physically for house work, fulfill his desires and wants to walk out under the excuse that she has an

academic degree to support herself. No way he should be able to get away with this argument if he has a regular wage. he needs to provide for her on monthly basis or she

should be enabled to get a huge settlement.

She should get a better lawyer to fight her case.

Perhaps womens forums can help.

Mangalyam tantunanena mama jeevana hetuna
kanthe badhnami subhage twam jeeva sarada satam

"Twam jeeva sarada sadam" is the promise a man makes when he invites a girl to his life as his partner. !

A smart lawyer would say in court..."Well.. my client did not recite this mantra as he tied the mangalsutra.It was the priest who recited it..so it should be the priest paying the alimony!LOL

A womans life has been damaged by a man who has used her both physically for house work, fulfill his desires and wants to walk out under the excuse that she has an

academic degree to support herself. No way he should be able to get away with this argument if he has a regular wage. he needs to provide for her on monthly basis or she

Dear Krish ji,

We dont know the full story..what happened that it landed in divorce.

I wonder why males think they use females to fulfill their desires..as if females never get their desires fulfilled!LOL

Both sexes are capable of orgasms!LOL

So you see..we must keep sentiments away when deciding any verdict that might lead to the setting of a precedence that other males might actually run away from paying alimony in genuine cases.

So a judge should be very careful in passing uncalled for statements like "stop being a financial burden to your husband".

Anyway in this case..were there children?

Women forum run on estrogen and menopause..not much of use.

They get over reactive for all the wrong reasons!

A man has now been saved from payment of alimony by the judge because he has a strong case.

The need of the hour is not changing the Advocate or divorce attorney but change in the mindset of such women to become self sufficient instead of being a dependent.

She has studied M.Sc., She can think of sharing her knowledge as a ‘Teacher’. She being a post-graduate, she has bright chances of getting employment easily.

Now that she is jobless, she cannot be afford to spend more time and money in finding a better lawyer to fight her case.

While some men see alimony as men’s tax,some women see alimony as a subsidy.

It is strange judgement, and of course the honourable court would have taken into consideration the situation on hand. I feel that this para highlights the problem more
The woman, however, said she has never worked and will never be able to find a job as she has no experience and admitted that she has never made any effort to find one.
People who have no work experience may find it difficult to find one in a highly competitive jobspace. Not always but it is considerably difficult than say, if she were working since finishing college/post-graduation (whatever).

Even if she were to get a job, the pay might be meagre due to lack of experience and industry trends.

However, it is also right that anybody cannot simply demand alimony after separation. Maybe a year, or if the situation demands, a couple more. No more than that, I feel for women those are educated.

Unfortunately, the majority of women are bred and fed with the sole aim of becoming a man's property in India (I suppose it is part of our glorious culture!). It then becomes not a question of education or qualification but of esteem and a challenge to even exist separately in the society. Alimony is the only solution in such cases.

Krishji, again let me point out that the reverse could also possibly be true that she used him for pleasure and made him do housework. Nowadays since men and women are equal we cannot make old fashioned assumptions about what happened.

What if she committed adultery and that resulted in divorce? Should the man still be forced to pay alimony to adulteress wife?

Biswa...what old school...its fantasy.

People even offer virgins to a volcano!LOL

So are you saying that the woman's father offered her as a virgin to the man? I am trying to remember whether there was such a ritual during my marriage! :)

Only women have the power to create and destroy. (Avathum pennale, azhivathum pennale). The only thing is that they do not understand or realise this.

What if she committed adultery and that resulted in divorce? Should the man still be forced to pay alimony to adulteress wife?

Yes..cos he didnt pay her enough attention and that led her to become an adulteress!So now at least he better pay her enough money!

Last edited:
So are you saying that the woman's father offered her as a virgin to the man? I am trying to remember whether there was such a ritual during my marriage! :)

Biswa...I was talking about Virgins being offered to Volcanoes to appease the Gods!

In marriage....I have no idea if every male and female getting married is a Virgin!

Only women have the power to create and destroy. (Avathum pennale, azhivathum pennale). The only thing is that they do not understand or realise this.

Off course we females understand this...that is why guys are crying these days!LOL

Ok let me release the ultimate feminist message: Feminism = Equality

Females are equal to males in terms of rights and responsibilities, vice or virtue, respect and capability. There is no weaker sex.

Some are more equal.

A society that does not make space for women treating them as inferior to men needs to reform.

It is a matter of time that this will happen.

Many women have memory of elephants.

They remember the past atrocities in magnified terms and settle scores.

Biswas of this world who only proclaim equality and also say there is no weaker sex will be the first victims of feminine wrath.

Ok let me release the ultimate feminist message: Feminism = Equality

Females are equal to males in terms of rights and responsibilities, vice or virtue, respect and capability. There is no weaker sex.

Wrong.

Feminism =Equality.

Feminism =Male Chauvinism

Females and Males do not have similar capabilities.

Males do better in some fields and females do better in some other fields.(exceptions are there).

When one fights for equality one loses certain rights.

That is if one acts a little weaker..we can get males to do work for us!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back