• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dangers of Statin Drugs: What You Haven’t Been Told About Popular Medicines

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Dangers of Statin Drugs: What You Haven’t Been Told About Popular Cholesterol-Lowering Medicines[/h]
I had a heart attack in May, 2014. They brought me back alive, took an angiogram, did angioplasty and put a Stent in my heart. Right from the beginning i had Dizziness. I recovered from the heart attack, but the Dizziness never went away.

In June 2015 they did another Angiogram and found two blocks in my heart. I underwent an Heart Bypass Surgery. I am still recovering from the surgery. The giddiness remains.

The doctors did all the tests possible to find out the reasons for the Giddiness. They could not find the reason. They changed the medicines. in the end for the last six months, the doctors do not discuss the Giddiness at all and they seem to take it that i have to live with it.

I had joined some of the medical forums on the internet. I came to know that Giddiness is caused by the Medicines.

There are two sets of medicines given to cardiac Patients. Statins and Beta blockers. I was told that it could be beta blockers. I asked the Doctor to stop The Beta blockers. No effect.

Now i understand that it could be the statins. I have stopped taking The statns from today. Hope by GOD,s Grace I would become alright.

Here is an article detailing how bad satins are.

http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-...about-popular-cholesterol-lowering-medicines/

http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-...about-popular-cholesterol-lowering-medicines/

I did not have diabetes before the heart attack. But I was diagnosed with diabetes after the heart attack. It is under control now.

i was shocked when I discovered that i had Diabetic Neuralgia. i have had diabetes for less than two years and it was never out of control.

I discovered the reason from this artcle. STATINS did it for me.

QUOTE]Polyneuropathy, also known as peripheral neuropathy, is characterized by weakness, tingling and pain in the hands and feet, as well as difficulty walking. Researchers who studied 500,000 residents of Denmark, about 9 percent of that country’s population, found that people who took statins were more likely to develop polyneuropathy.11 Taking statins for one year raised the risk of nerve damage by about 15 percent–about one case for every 2,200 patients. For those who took statins for two or more years, the additional risk rose to 26 percent.According to the research of Dr. Golomb, nerve problems are a common side effect from statin use; patients who use statins for two or more years are at a 4- to 14-fold increased risk of developing idiopathic polyneuropathy compared to controls.12 She reports that in many cases, patients told her they had complained to their doctors about neurological problems, only to be assured that their symptoms could not be related to cholesterol-lowering medications.

The damage is often irreversible. People who take large doses for a long time may be left with permanent nerve damage, even after they stop taking the drug.
An interesting question is whether widespread statin-induced neuropathy makes our elderly drivers (and even not-so-elderly drivers) more accident prone? In July of 2003, an 86-year-old driver with an excellent driving record plowed into a farmers market in Santa Monica, California, killing ten people. Several days later, a most interesting letter from a Lake Oswego, Oregon woman appeared in the Washington Post:13
“My husband, at age 68, backed into the garage and stepped on the gas, wrecking a lot of stuff. He said his foot slipped off the brake. He had health problems and is on medication, including a cholesterol drug, which is now known to cause problems with feeling in one’s legs.
“In my little community, older drivers have missed a turn and taken out the end of a music store, the double doors of the post office and the front of a bakery.

In Portland, a bank had to do without its drive-up window for some time.

“It is easy to say that one’s foot slipped, but the problem could be lack of sensation. My husband’s sister-in-law thought her car was malfunctioning when it refused to go when a light turned green, until she looked down and saw that her foot was on the brake. I have another friend who mentioned having no feeling in her lower extremities. She thought about having her car retrofitted with hand controls but opted for the handicapped bus instead.”[/Q
UOTE]

Now that I have stopped Statins I do hope I can By the grace of GOD , get rid of diabetic Neuropathy.

I did not have diabetes before the heart attack. But I was diagnosed with diabetes after the heart attack. It is under control now.

i was shocked when I discovered that i had Diabetic Neuralgia. i have had diabetes for less than two years and it was never out of control.

I discovered the reason from this artcle. STATINS did it for me.

Now that I have stopped Statins I do hope I can By the grace of GOD , get rid of diabetic Neuropathy.

Regardless of merits and demerits of statins, some people do have statin-resistance which takes expertise to identify.

The modern vocabulary has given rise to new kinds of worry. Best is to choose an action (take a medication, choosing a Doctor etc) and leave the rest to Isvara. If a mind is worried , it can be breeding grounds for more symptoms and issues.

Wish you all the best

Everything we breath, eat, or inject has side effects. The air that we breath has allergens, and some get sick. The bread we eat has allergens, and some get sick. Similarly Statin (and there are various formulations are available) have side effects. Given the choice of death by cardiac failure or some side effects of statin, I choose statin.
There is no guarantee that statin will save my life but i leave it to professional in the field mainly my cardiologist to decide the best medicine for me. I have faith in my doctor, I do read the internet, but I will bounce it of my doctor. Instead of self medicating or self delusions, and confusion i will follow the doctor's advice.

Last edited:
Dear
Sri நச்சினார்க்கினியன் ji

Hope that God will bestow you many more years of healthy life.

One or two pieces of " Garlic " each cut into 3 or 4 pieces may be taken after night food. It should be swallowed not chewed (chewing may aggravate ulcer if any in mouth). Garlic may be added as an ingredient in " Chutni " also. After one or two months,
Cholesterol level will certainly come down.

During executive medical check up in 2002 , it was found that the level of Cholesterol was very high in me. I have been taking garlic since then and
Cholesterol level is well within control as evidenced in periodical medical check ups once in two years.

You may also try after consulting your family doctor.

One or two pieces of " Garlic " each cut into 3 or 4 pieces may be taken after night food. It should be swallowed not chewed (chewing may aggravate ulcer if any in mouth). Garlic may be added as an ingredient in " Chutni " also. After one or two months, Cholesterol level will certainly come down.

During executive medical check up in 2002 , it was found that the level of Cholesterol was very high in me. I have been taking garlic since then and
Cholesterol level is well within control as evidenced in periodical medical check ups once in two years.

You may also try after consulting your family doctor.

Sir, I heard that garlic has to be chewed to reap the full benefits. The allicin in garlic has to get mixed with saliva for heart/cholesterol benefits.

Sir, I heard that garlic has to be chewed to reap the full benefits. The allicin in garlic has to get mixed with saliva for heart/cholesterol benefits.

Garlic could be chewed in to get better effect; but before recommending to chew garlic, it should be ensured that the chewer has no ulcer in mouth / peptic ulcer.Garlic would aggravate the ulcer.

One recent study or report said that cholestrol does not cause heart attack. Like astrology has contradictions, science too has latent ones. Leave it your FAMILY doctor or to god and follow your mind to achieve the best.

Dangers of Statin Drugs: What You Haven’t Been Told About Popular Cholesterol-Lowering Medicines

I had a heart attack in May, 2014. They brought me back alive, took an angiogram, did angioplasty and put a Stent in my heart. Right from the beginning i had Dizziness. I recovered from the heart attack, but the Dizziness never went away.

In June 2015 they did another Angiogram and found two blocks in my heart. I underwent an Heart Bypass Surgery. I am still recovering from the surgery. The giddiness remains.

The doctors did all the tests possible to find out the reasons for the Giddiness. They could not find the reason. They changed the medicines. in the end for the last six months, the doctors do not discuss the Giddiness at all and they seem to take it that i have to live with it.

I had joined some of the medical forums on the internet. I came to know that Giddiness is caused by the Medicines.

There are two sets of medicines given to cardiac Patients. Statins and Beta blockers. I was told that it could be beta blockers. I asked the Doctor to stop The Beta blockers. No effect.

Now i understand that it could be the statins. I have stopped taking The statns from today. Hope by GOD,s Grace I would become alright.

Here is an article detailing how bad satins are.

If you read about any medication...Giddiness is the side effect of 99.9999999% of any medication.

If you are planning to stop any medication ..please make sure the benefits out weigh the risks.

Also read internet medical forums with a pinch of salt..no doubt people try to help each other out but at times anyone blindly following the experience of another could prove fatal.

So its always better to write any post with a disclaimer..stating that "I stopped Statins on my own accord and my giddiness seemed to have stopped..but I do understand my action could come with risk and willing to take that risk and I do NOT advocate others to follow suit for I do not have any idea how much another's condition and life might depend on a Statin."

So its always better to write any post with a disclaimer..stating that "I stopped Statins on my own accord and my giddiness seemed to have stopped..but I do understand my action could come with risk and willing to take that risk and I do NOT advocate others to follow suit for I do not have any idea how much another's condition and life might depend on a Statin."

Good advice, Renukaji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back