• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dangers of thinking of being on God's side and acting on behalf of God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tks

All religious fundamentalists feel that they have their God and that they are on God's side. They think they are doing God's work and want to be the executors for God's hell for those not conforming. Because their God is infallible therefore they feel their advocacy and actions are also infallible.

There are extreme expressions in some of the religions under the banner of Hinduism. Luckily they do not resort to violence *unless provoked*. Same is the case with Jewish faith.

The extreme expression of Islam and Christianity with their agenda to convert others ("either you are one of us or you are destined to Hell") usually resort to violence at the drop of a hat . Mostly they tend to be cowards and need the tough talk their religion provides. Even in this forum we have had people masking their real agenda in a cowardly fashion. For most part they are not harmful.

ISIS types are all cowards and they want to round out journalists and kill them. Here is an action of a person doing God's work

ISIS beheads missing American journalist James Wright Foley | Mail Online

In a way the concept of God and Religion and being on God's side or God's army is ruining the peace of the world.

I have noted that fanaticism is creeping into all religions..its just that some religions have not resorted to violence and terrorism yet. In fact recently a friend told me that he felt I wasnt Hindu enough! So fanatics are everywhere...Everywhere and I mean everywhere in all religions.

Its disheartening to read about beheading..cant imagine the pain and torture of the victims.

I have also noted many youngsters seeing online videos of beheading and not feeling anything at all.Its like all fun for them.

Even just now while driving to work I was pretty sure there was a murder and some body dumped in the stream nearby cos I saw police sealing of the place with a tape as a crime scene..as usual..everyone was curious and onlookers recording the scenes with their mobile phone.

Then I am pretty sure these footage will be shared online..a total disrespect to the victim...but yet everyone prays!

Last edited:
கால பைரவன்;257634 said:
That may not be enough. Can't prevent people from wondering what is the connection to "praying".

Exactly! Thats the whole point of my post..to keep people wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back