• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Culture-some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Important lessons to learn from a humble pencil...
1. Always leave a mark. 2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
3. Its what inside matters most. 4. In life you will undergo painful sharpening which will make you better in future.
Lastly,to be the best, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the HAND of GOD that holds u.

"END" is not end . . .
In fact "E.N.D" is
"Effort . Never . Dies". . .

"NO" is not denial . . .
"N.O" is "Next Opportunity". . .
Be Optimistic. 8=)

One man cried when he had no shoes. But he stopped crying when he saw a man without legs. Life is full of Blessings. Always try to understand it.

It is better to cry than to be angry, because anger hurts others while tears flow silently through the soul & cleanses the heart..

"Beginning from today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness & understanding you afford & do with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again."

To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer ...

"Never judge A person by his present status because time has the great power to change a useless coal into a valuable diamond."

ஒரு உயிர் துடிக்கும் பொழுது, யாரும் கவனிக்காமல் இருப்பார்கள். ஆனால் நின்ற பின் எல்லாரும் துடிப்பார்கள்.
That's Vazhkai.

உணரும் வரை உண்மையும் ஒரு பொய் தான்
புரிகின்ற வரை வாழ்கையும் ஒரு புதிர் தான்

So enjoy your LIFE every SECOND.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. -John Quincy Adams

A candle melts in the course of lightening others' lives. Live in such a way that even if you die, you still stay alive in the memories of others.

Bhagavad Gita says, "Don't expect anything from others, But fact is when we really like someone we do expect something from them
'A Little Care From Heart'.

உண்மையான அன்புக்கு மட்டும் தான் உன் கண்ணீர் துளிகள் தெரியும், நீ மழையில் நினைந்து அழுதாலும்.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn.

அவளை பார்க்கும்போது சொல்ல நினைக்கிறேன் … அவள் சிரிக்கும்போது சொல்ல நினைக்கிறேன் … அவள் என்னை முத்தம் இடும்போது சொல்ல நினைக்கிறேன் … ஆனால் சொல்ல முடியவில்லை!!! கடவுளே … எனக்கு சீக்கிரம் பேசும் சக்தியை கொடு … அவளை “அம்மா”என்றழைக்க… The Feelings of a THREE MONTH OLD BABY!.!.!.

நாம் நேசிக்கும் பலர் நம்மை மறக்க நினைத்தாலும்… நம்மை நேசிக்கும் சிலரை நாம் நினைக்க மறக்க கூடாது…

Sri.Praveen,

Greetings. Your decision to ban Sri.Ramanujam possibly based on a sound reason. But, in my opinion, banning may not be the right choice. I am sure, we do not know the whole picture. For the time being, I request you to consider reversing the ban conditionally; You may have to discuss the situation and condition with some members with more life experience (there are many to choose from....Sri.Kunjuppu, Sri.Sangom, Sri.Nara, Sri.Hari.....I can think of many more names). I request you to kindly reverse your decision, please. (Sometimes moderation in a forum is a very good approach).

Cheers!

மற்றவர்கள் நம்மை பற்றி என்ன நினைத்தாலும் அதற்கு நாம் பொறுப்பல்ல… ஆனால் அவர்கள் நம்மை பற்றி எப்படி நினைக்கவேண்டும் என்பதற்கு முழு பொறுப்பும் நாமேதான்.....

Two unthinkable quotes...
1. when I learnt to dry my tears, I found a shoulder to cry on...!!
2. when I mastered the skill of hating, somebody started loving me...!!!
What a Strange Vazhkai.

சிவப்பு மனிதனுக்கும் நிழல் கருப்புதான் கருப்பு மனிதனுக்கு ரத்தம் சிவப்புதான் வண்ணங்களில் இல்லை வாழ்க்கை மனித எண்ணங்களில் உள்ளது வழக்கை

உன் முதுகு பின்னால் பேசுபவர்களை பற்றி கவலை படாதே நீ அவர்களுக்கு இரண்டு அடி முன்னால் இருக்கிறாய் என்று பெருமை படு.

You Are Born Without Anything But You Die With Your Name...So "That Name Must Not Be A Word only, It Must Be A History....
-CHANAKYA. :cool:

I'm only trying to say that such things can be avoided. Temples should be disabled friendly. That boy's wheelchair was pushed around. he was treated like a criminal. If some1 does something like this to us then we will be hurt just think abt wat a specially abled person would feel. He would be shattered. The parents say that they will never come to the any temple in the south. concept of aththi devo bhava. concept of being empathetic concept of putting ourselves in their shoes. Obviously if such instances occur then we will have to speak up coz it effects us also in some way or other. PPl will say ohh u r also a brahmin. It will give us bad name. In Srirangam temple there are special chairs for disabled where there are persons employed by the kovil to operate upon. I sincerely hope such things are conveniently avoided. Some1 should speak up in MYSORE against this. whether its court,civil society, intellectuals, or govt.,media, temple trust.

With Regards,
R. Ramanujan.

Last edited:
Sorry for this discussion quite late. As a one-time student of anthropology and avid "armchair indologist", I think it is important to recognize what culture is. It is a set of rituals, beliefs, and norms established by a society to survive and flourish in its environment. As the environment changes, either through emigration or technology, the culture changes accordingly. However, the basic elements of the structure - general views on divinity, food, relatives, and people generally remain fixed.

There is one thing, however, that dramatically changes culture and that is outside invasion by a dominant society, which can leave an indelible impact on a society that can last many generations. In our case in South India, particularly Tamil Nadu, such an impact came less from the Muslims as it did from the British, resulting in our love for the "white man's world". Such an inherent love for the dominant culture, even when the dominant culture is not present is a form of psychological/cultural conditioning called "learned suppression". The only to heal from it is when a healthy representation of the population - anthropologists feel about 1/10th - begins to rebel against this conditioning and establish the old criteria for cultural growth. Such a healthy representation has not yet happened among the Indian community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back