• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Cow or Mridhamgam - which is important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope..HIV virus is transmitted through a broken surface in the mucosa.
So unless you have a broken surface of mucosa in your mouth and then attempt to kiss a person with HIV who also has a exposed surface in his/her mouth..then the risk is higher.
Otherwise the concentration of the virus is very low in saliva,tears,sweat and urine if it is not contaminated with blood.

Is it true for sexual intercourse too----requiring a mucosal rupture? I don't think so. If someone has AIDS and has sexual intercourse with another the second person is bound to get it . There is no contamination with blood there. You don't go on examining ruptured mucosa in such cases.

.... They say NO to dairy products because they think that the milk from mammals are meant

for their offspring and the cows are being tortured for producing more milk for human consumption!

Here is a very disturbing video:

These are isolated cases, not routine. The particular scene in the ABC video is just crazy displaying the meanness of the individual. I have seen milking in dairy farms. It is a very simple operation. They attach metal sleeves to the udders of the cows and turn on the suction motor. Milk flows automatically while the cows stand put or start chewing their cud or hay spread in front of them. For that matter even in India in the village houses where they had a cow and calf, they used to let the calf suck the mother for a few seconds and immediately pull her/him out and start milking the cow for their own consumption. Wasn't that cruel? Sometimes the cow takes revenge. She kicks the milker.

Is it true for sexual intercourse too----requiring a mucosal rupture? I don't think so. If someone has AIDS and has sexual intercourse with another the second person is bound to get it . There is no contamination with blood there. You don't go on examining ruptured mucosa in such cases.

I have had a HIV patient in the hospital many years ago who have even coughed up saliva and vomited all over my face.
I didn't land up with HIV.
We doctors enough time have had blood spill on our hands..with an unbroken surface there is hardly risk for transmission.

Rabies virus can go through even unbroken and intact surface mucosa.

Ok some medical info:

Read this..it explains well regarding risk of transmission.

In cases of female HIV virus can be directly absorbed through the mucosa that lines the vagina and cervix.
In males through the urethra.

Yes, it is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through vaginal sex* (intercourse). In fact, it is the most common way the virus is transmitted in much of the world. HIV can be found in the blood, semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum) or vaginal fluid of a person infected with the virus.
In women, the lining of the vagina can sometimes tear and possibly allow HIV to enter the body. HIV can also be directly absorbed through the mucous membranes that line the vagina and cervix.
In men, HIV can enter the body through the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis) or through small cuts or open sores on the penis.
Yes. In fact, unprotected (without a condom) anal sex (intercourse) is considered to be very risky behavior. It is possible for either sex partner to become infected with HIV during anal sex. HIV can be found in the blood, semen, pre-seminal fluid, or vaginal fluid of a person infected with the virus. In general, the person receiving the semen is at greater risk of getting HIV because the lining of the rectum is thin and may allow the virus to enter the body during anal sex. However, a person who inserts his penis into an infected partner also is at risk because HIV can enter through the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis) or through small cuts, abrasions, or open sores on the penis.

HIV Transmission | Questions and Answers | CDC HIV/AIDS

BTW if there is time you could start a separate thread.

Last edited:
.......... 1. It is a very simple operation. They attach metal sleeves to the udders of the cows and turn on the suction motor. Milk flows automatically while the cows stand put or start chewing their cud or hay spread in front of them.
2.For that matter even in India in the village houses where they had a cow and calf, they used to let the calf suck the mother for a few seconds and immediately pull her/him out and start milking the cow for their own consumption. Wasn't that cruel? Sometimes the cow takes revenge. She kicks the milker.
1. We may think that it is a simple operation! But do the cows also feel so?

2. I have seen even a calf made of hay to cheat and milk the cow, in SingArach Chennai!

Human race is very cruel most of the time! :evil:

1. We may think that it is a simple operation! But do the cows also feel so?

2. I have seen even a calf made of hay to cheat and milk the cow, in SingArach Chennai!

Human race is very cruel most of the time! :evil:

What is the solution? We have domesticated the cow and bred it so well to get high milk yields. In the US it is very common to get two milkings per day one gallon each. The calf may not want it all. But the cruelty part lies on two fronts.
1. The cow when made to yield more milk either through animal husbandry or through nutritious feed or external hormone injection(say with bovine somatotropin, otherwise known as BST) they tend to develop mastitis which is painful for the cow. Lactating mothers in India might have felt the pain sometimes.
2. The calves are fed grains from day 1 or 2 thereby robbing them of their bondage with their mothers.

I have a solution for this. Those who don't want to drink milk from cows will be my test subjects. I will work on a project to genetically engineer chlorophyll on human skin. That way they can stand in the sun for a few hours doing work enabling the chlorophyll to produce food for the body. I am working out the details. Ask me 10 years from now. :flypig:

.......... I have a solution for this. Those who don't want to drink milk from cows will be my test subjects. I will work on a project to genetically engineer chlorophyll on human skin. That way they can stand in the sun for a few hours doing work enabling the chlorophyll to produce food for the body. I am working out the details. Ask me 10 years from now. :flypig:
Oh, sure....... Iff I am alive!! :D

PS: Iff = If and only if !

Posts # 76 and # 78:

I request the honorable members NOT to post 'pachchai' and 'kochchai' details in this thread!
It might be apt to start a new thread in the chit chat section, if the moderators allow... :ranger:

I have a solution for this. Those who don't want to drink milk from cows will be my test subjects. I will work on a project to genetically engineer chlorophyll on human skin. That way they can stand in the sun for a few hours doing work enabling the chlorophyll to produce food for the body. I am working out the details. Ask me 10 years from now. :flypig:

There may be a simpler way. Genetically engineer the humans to eat grass. :)

Are you sure grass has no life? Won't you be killing grass by grazing grass even though it will grow again as we notice on our regular lawn mowing chore? Besides, in India there may not be any additional land to grow grass, definitely not in the cities where lots of people live.

Last edited:
Are you sure grass has no life? Won't you be killing grass by grazing grass even though it will grow again as we notice on our regular lawn mowing chore? Besides, in India there may not be any additional land to grow grass, definitely not in the cities where lots of people live.

Yes you are right, but all our grains (rice, wheat) are basically grass.

Here is something to chomp on if humans could eat grass!

A Lawyer's generosity

*One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the road-side eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and got out to investigate. He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?" "We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said. "But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree." "Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You may come with us, also." The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!" "Bring them all as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was.
Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind."
"Thank you for taking all of us with you.

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it.You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high."

I am sure the forum has leaders to lead us all to extinction. Please accelerate the pace. Enough of inflation, energy cost, institutions of education, marriage, samooham, government, taxation, health...

Enough of inflation, energy cost, institutions of education, marriage, samooham, government, taxation, health...
Dear Sir,

'அ
ரைச்ச மாவை அரைக்கிறது; துவைச்ச துணியைத் துவைக்கறது' has been always there. It is a pity that that a few

threads are just fit for chit chat section. To pep up
(!) the readers, many half clad / mini clad pictures are being posted

and liked! The topics take a diversion to 'adults only' posts often! :typing:

Regards,
Raji Ram

I am sure the forum has leaders to lead us all to extinction. Please accelerate the pace. Enough of inflation, energy cost, institutions of education, marriage, samooham, government, taxation, health...
:noidea:
Pardon my ignorance, sir! What do you want to say? You want all members of this forum to self-destruct--right? Please lead us then.

Dear Sir,

'அ
ரைச்ச மாவை அரைக்கிறது; துவைச்ச துணியைத் துவைக்கறது' has been always there. It is a pity that that a few

threads are just fit for chit chat section. To pep up
(!) the readers, many half clad / mini clad pictures are being posted

and liked! The topics take a diversion to 'adults only' posts often! :typing:

Regards,
Raji Ram

Ha Ha Ha...that keeps the spirits high!!LOL

:noidea:
Pardon my ignorance, sir! What do you want to say? You want all members of this forum to self-destruct--right? Please lead us then.

You sound like Mission Impossible :This Message Will Self Destruct in 5 Seconds!!LOL

Don't worry dear..no one can ever self destruct.

TEXT 23
nainam chindanti shastrani nainam dahati pavakah
na cainam kledayanty apo na sosayati marutah
TRANSLATION

Weapon cannot harm the soul, fire cannot burn it, water cannot wet the soul and the wind cannot make it dry.

You sound like Mission Impossible :This Message Will Self Destruct in 5 Seconds!!LOL

TEXT 23
TRANSLATION

Weapon cannot harm the soul, fire cannot burn it, water cannot wet the soul and the wind cannot make it dry.

Very nice. Seems like Mahakavi can take things only at face-value. Ask him if he still believes in 'Atma'/Individuality?, then, why in the world , we can't change anyone so quickly?? the corrupt, ignorant, criminals, careless etc. continue forever..

like the example of 'eating grass'.. why can't we eat grass?? how long will the evolution take, unless we are cows?? Why doesn't he understand the concept of 'Inherent nature'?

Last edited:
Very nice. Seems like Mahakavi can take things only at face-value. Ask him if he still believes in 'Atma'/Individuality?, then, why in the world , we can't change anyone so quickly?? the corrupt, ignorant, criminals, careless etc. continue forever..

like the example of 'eating grass'.. why can't we eat grass?? how long will the evolution take, unless we are cows?? Why doesn't he understand the concept of 'Inherent nature'?

So long as you have a physical body you have to tend to it. Don't worry about "Atma" inside the body. Without the Atma you can still do good things as you see fit. If you worry about the Atma then you should leave the body to ashes and move on to the AtmalOkham. My concept: live for today. Don't worry about something which is a fantasy. Unless you die you can't release your Atma from the body at which point it is futile to worry about that Atma. Let it wander wherever it pleases.

As for eating grass we have bypassed that branch of the tree of evolution. As you see we are at the top branch of the tree of evolution. The cow is one or two branches at a lower level. When we reached our branch we came through the trunk straight up. No need to go to every branch and examine them before testing another branch. Those who visit the lower branches may stay put there gaining complacency. That is why we have still all kinds of lower species.

TEXT 23
TRANSLATION

War talk by a reporter who has been on the war front is authentic. Moon talk by a poet who has not been to the moon is just fantasy. If you are hypothesizing about the soul (which is not concrete) anybody can wax eloquent about it. I can say the same thing about vacuum. You cannot burn it nor wet it nor the wind can dry it ,let alone any weapon harm it.

Our dharma never asks anyone to give up karma, despite having a goal of liberation. Even to reach the moon (for some, it may be getting US citizenship), one, along with million others, have to do the karmas and actions prescribed to them by their near and dear, peers and bosses. I will not keep myself and my workplace clean, will not follow the work instructions laid down, will bypass difficult steps, will not meet the milestones or achieve set targets - I can live happily without doing anything, but will not reach the moon.

One must reach for what is beyond his grasp. Applies to dumb life, loukika life and spiritual life.

So long as you have a physical body you have to tend to it. Don't worry about "Atma" inside the body. Without the Atma you can still do good things as you see fit. If you worry about the Atma then you should leave the body to ashes and move on to the AtmalOkham. My concept: live for today. Don't worry about something which is a fantasy. Unless you die you can't release your Atma from the body at which point it is futile to worry about that Atma. Let it wander wherever it pleases.

As for eating grass we have bypassed that branch of the tree of evolution. As you see we are at the top branch of the tree of evolution. The cow is one or two branches at a lower level. When we reached our branch we came through the trunk straight up. No need to go to every branch and examine them before testing another branch. Those who visit the lower branches may stay put there gaining complacency. That is why we have still all kinds of lower species.

Don't worry Mr. Mahakavi (assume it is a Mr.), the forum is host to a few general schools of thought. You come from a long line of distinguished forum members who reside in the US, have a scientific bent and attitude and sometimes question the traditional beliefs of Indian TBs. Ozone (not sure Mr. or Ms, but I would guess Mr.) comes from a different school of thought.

And Ms. Renuka is the chair-person of her very own school of thought which has originated some memorable threads many of which incurred the wrath of the censors (oops moderators). So even if you may not know some of the past members, your are very much their ideological descendant (just like the rest of us). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back