• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Cow only animal that inhales, exhales oxygen: Rajasthan minister

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

[FONT=&quot]Rajasthan Education Minister Vasudev Devnani has said cow is the only animal that inhales as well as exhales Oxygen. He made the claim while speaking at the Hingonia Goshala during an event organised by Akshay Patra foundation Saturday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The minister underscored the ‘scientific significance’ of the cow. “Gai ekmatra prani hai jo oxygen grahan karta hai, aur oxygen his chodta hai (The cow is the only animal that takes in oxygen and also releases oxygen),” he said, adding that “there is a need to understand the scientific significance of the cow and ensure that the message reaches all people…”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The minister’s assertion about cows goes against the claims made by the UN Food and Agricultural Organisation, which in a 2006 report held livestock, including cows, responsible for large amounts of GHG emissions, from their digestive systems as well as manure decay.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/cow-only-animal-that-inhales-exhales-oxygen-rajasthan-minister-4476243/

I did not know which section I should post this thread.
I debated on posting it in Jokes, science, GD but none worked so it is in chit chat.
Is he an Education Minister??????????
It is too funny.
[/FONT]

I googled and found that many animals, including humans, exhale some part of the oxygen they inhale. The percentages vary depending on their oxygen absorbing capacity.

I think the "ekmatra" did the minister in.

What does quora say on this...As pointed by Shri Auh, what the Minister said is true for all animals & not just cows

Do cows really exhale oxygen?

Yes, most of the oxygen inhaled for respiration is exhaled again. In most animals only about 5% of the inhaled oxygen is absorbed by the capillaries in the lung. The rest of the air inhaled is mixed with about 5% added CO2 and exhaled with about 15% O2. The extra carbon dioxide having been created from the metabolism as waste.

Source: quora.com

Vganeji, and Auhji are both right, that oxygen absorption is only 5%.
But technically you can not say that human being Inhales and exhales oxygen. Because if that is true then we should be able to survive in an airtight box for very long time and we know people suffocate in an airtight box.
That minister's statement
"cow is the only animal that inhales as well as exhales Oxygen" is factually incorrect and almost laughable.

If he has said all animals inhale oxygen and use some of it that might have been right statement.

Last edited:
Actually even all plants inhale oxygen for respiration. Only during daytime they conduct photosyntheis and release some oxygen (independent of respiration).

Only anaerobic bacteria do not inhale oxygen.

hi

some plants/animal inhale CO2 also....i heard TULASI/SOME OTHER PLANTS PRODUCES MORE OXYGEN IN THE AIR....i dont know

much...like aala maram/arasa maram too...

Is he an Education Minister??????????
It is too funny.

"cow is the only animal that inhales as well as exhales Oxygen" is factually incorrect and almost laughable.

A generous climb down from being "too funny" to an "almost laughable" state, when members pointed out that the exhalation of oxygen does takes place in case of cows (as also other animals including humans).

I am humble and admit I do not Know it all. I admit I have friends who are more knowledgeable than me. But I have enemies who troll me who are dumber than me. But I must be important to them that they chase me around. Their ignorance is glaring that they have nothing to add to the discussion, except for the personal attack on the individual. They are so dumb that the trick they learned from me, but can not google for new information instead, they cut and paste my own post. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back