• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Covid Vaccination

Delhi has opened almost fully.
Here in bangalore lot of kids with mother or ayahs are out playing in court yard outside my flat.
None have any protection mask etc.
It seems all parents have decided that corona is over.
We have lost nearly two precious years.
For school going children no 12 th exam nor farewell parties.
Some complex way of counting grades.
Whether these will get admission to the courses these want on the basis of these results.
Then there is cbse icse state board how they will be normalised.
Delhi colleges have no normalisation and all are equal.
So many aspiring students will be deprived of getting course of their choice.
Add to it the reservation policy hurting forwards.
Where is merit in all this.
Mediocrity will truimph over merit.
Well off should be thinking of foeign options to get out of this unequal race for admission
When will caste and religion cease to matter in india for studies or job.
If they do politicians would not have much to do.

Delhi has opened almost fully.
Here in bangalore lot of kids with mother or ayahs are out playing in court yard outside my flat.
None have any protection mask etc.
It seems all parents have decided that corona is over.
We have lost nearly two precious years.
For school going children no 12 th exam nor farewell parties.
Some complex way of counting grades.
Whether these will get admission to the courses these want on the basis of these results.
Then there is cbse icse state board how they will be normalised.
Delhi colleges have no normalisation and all are equal.
So many aspiring students will be deprived of getting course of their choice.
Add to it the reservation policy hurting forwards.
Where is merit in all this.
Mediocrity will truimph over merit.
Well off should be thinking of foeign options to get out of this unequal race for admission
hi

it will not cease easily.....we have to pay heavy price.....in vote bank democracy....more reservation

will come....like in TN....vanniyar reservation....nobody can change this reservation so easily...

it was mentioned that only for 10 yrs initially.....now we completed 70 yrs....may be cease

after 200 yrs....who knows?.....just flow with water....or against the flow....means live with

it....or leave the country.....

Wherever you go, you will have to face problems

Politics is everywhere

While ruling parties trumpeting their achievements, ask the opposition, who will furnish a lengthy list of scams, scandals, corruption charges, wrong decisions, etc

Reports say that there is culture war over race in other country

Life is not a cake walk

The proverb is other side of the fence is always greener

We are staying safe and are really lucky to be healthy.

Even as we face tragedy, life has been carrying on.

We get everything done ‘on-line’, which include groceries, vegetables, fruits, etc

Let us keep up our Chalta Hai attitude

In terms of economics my calculation reveals that lockdown life is far more economical.
Maids and cooks salaries are lower.
Vegetablescare subsidised and made available farm fresh by municipal authorities ar apartment gare.
Provisions are at 20% discount at on line sites for certain bankdebit cards.With all facilties a family of 2seniorcitzen can live comfotably w

Medical care like blood tests is available cheap.
Vaccination is free at doorstep.
Online banking is boon if one is techno savvy.
For air travel fares are welll controlled and cheap if booked three weeks in advance
Hotel rates have slumped andthere are discount offers.
Those who are smart are getting out of country for holidaying in exotic locations

It is the poor who are hit by inflationand higher price of fuel and food
Another 15% have slid below poverty line
There is not much difference between urban or rural poor
Une.mployment and loss of jobs has affected some middle class families in addion to the poor.
Rich poor divide has only inc reased
Those who borrowed from banks for flats or consumer durables are unable to service due to job loss
Some housewives are turning domestic helps cooking for a living.
Frustratioms are causing domestic discord
Some marriages are breaking up due to domestic violence.
To be happy in this atmosphere calls for a different mindset .
Only cricket test in uk is an escapist entertainment besides movies on netflix

Medical care like blood tests is available cheap.
Vaccination is free at doorstep.
Online banking is boon if one is techno savvy.
For air travel fares are welll controlled and cheap if booked three weeks in advance
Hotel rates have slumped andthere are discount offers.
Those who are smart are getting out of country for holidaying in exotic locations

Those who are smart enough will think twice, before venturing out of India during this pandemic period

Most of the countries have already banned tourists

Few countries have even suspended their flight operations

Most of the countries insist negative RT-PCR test report on arrival

And direct tourists to quarantine for extended period at their own expenses

Some insist for Health Insurance coverage

One has to necessarily undergo self-isolation and during which time they will have to avoid contact with friends, family, colleagues, etc.

Can anyone enjoy such trips?

We all know that Buddha was born as a prince……and could have spent his life in a big way in a luxurious palace. But he did not. He abandoned everything

If we look around, there are lot of things for us to learn from.

Let us stay safe and keep reading, listening and learn to lead a simple and peaceful life.

It’s been said that a person’s true character is revealed in a crisis.

Well done India.

India is absolutely committed to strengthening its fight against Covid-19 with people’s participation.

PM Modi boasts of world’s largest free Covid-19 vaccine drive as Centre revises policy

With the revision in Covid vaccination policy, World’s Largest Free Vaccination Campaign seems to have been launched.

Under this campaign, vaccine will be made available at free of cost in government-run vaccination centres. The centre started providing vaccines free of charge to all above 18 from today

And it is reported that the beneficiary in this scheme will be poor, middle class and the youth.

Reports say that more than 75 lakh vaccine doses were administered across the country in the last 24 hours, the highest single day coverage till now.

Before the centre's takeover, it was the responsibility of state governments to procure and administer 50 per cent of the vaccines for citizens between the ages of 18 to 45. The centre supplied free vaccines to only people aged 45 and above earlier.

Debate going on vaccine hesitancy

Vaccine remains our strongest weapon to fight Covid-19.

Let us all pledge to get ourselves vaccinated.

Last edited:
If you are in bjp ruled state you will get vaccine
readily.
Even there one has to go to rural area to get vaccinated easily.
In rural areas many do not welcome jabs.
Until recently private hospitals were charging merrily for vaccination. Now the rate for them is controlled
In one mumbai apartment there was a scam and fake vaccines got injected.
Delhi has a vaccine shortage .Only 15 lakhs injections released for 2 crore plus need.
Most govt programs are well meaning.Only it gets messed up in implementation.

Covid deaths got under reported. In some states the numbers were 3 to 5 times more than official figures.
No one knows how many died.
We have total death counts due to registration of death which is far higher than official covid death figures.
Almost every family lost some members or know some close friends who succumbed to corona

First of all one should understand that Health is a state subject

GoI has enabled States to try procuring vaccines on their own, on their explicit requests

But States, who had not even achieved good coverage of healthcare workers and frontline workers in 3 months wanted to open up the process of vaccination and wanted more decentralisation

Vaccines are in short supply in the world and it is not easy to procure them at short notice.

One need to understand that buying vaccines internationally is not similar to buying ‘off the shelf’ items.

It is reported that Vaccines are in limited supply globally, and companies have their own priorities, game-plans and compulsions in allocating finite stocks. They also give preference to countries of their origin just as our own vaccine makers have done unhesitatingly for us,” the press release stated.

It is reported that From January to April, the government ran the entire vaccination programme and it was well-administered, compared to the situation in May.

Health is a state subject and the liberalised vaccine policy was a result of the incessant requests being made by the states to give states more power. The fact that global tenders have not given any results only reaffirms what we have been telling the states from day one: that vaccines are in short supply in the world and it is not easy to procure them at short notice.

Providing free vaccination is a big decision in a country having such a huge population

Non-BJP States used to criticise and abuse the centre as the GOI focuses on the welfare of the people

Niti Aayog member VK Paul takes on ‘7 myths’ about Covid vaccination drive, defends Modi govt​

The statement follows criticism lobbed at Modi govt over issues such as vaccine shortage and struggles being faced by some states in sourcing vaccines from foreign companies.

To varying degrees, all countries are under counting Covid-19 deaths because, for instance, deaths due to the disease could be attributed to other causes in cases where Covid-19 was not diagnosed.

And there is no need for the State government to show a reduced death rate. Authorities concerned seems to have visited districts till now and have told all the district collectors not to hide any deaths. They do conduct regular weekly review meeting and reconcile the figures. There might only be the difference in the cause of death.

Two classic examples are SPB Balasubramaniam and Congress MP Vasanth Kumar. Both were admitted due to Covid-19 and they recovered from the virus but later died due to comorbidity.

In an earlier post, I said that in India (too) medical experts advised taking the vaccine for the reason that even if these vaccines are not guaranteed to be 100% effective, a vaccinated person was unlikely to suffer a serious attack requiring hospitalisation or oxygen supply. For me, this is the most important reason for taking the vaccination.

I delayed quite a bit in taking the vaccine. Vaccines were not supplied to the private hospitals close to where we stay, else I would not have minded paying extra for getting the shot. I made a few trips to the government primary health centres and I found there were long queues with no social distancing and in fact many of the people were not even wearing masks. They were regularly coming out of the queue to exchange notes with others. I felt that the purpose of taking the vaccination would be defeated if I joined them and I just came back. Finally, I managed to get the shot on a day when there were only a few people . Now, there are special arrangements for senior citizens to get vaccinated close to their place of residence and I hope to get the second shot without strain. And as to @krish44 query (which has been answered by @KANNANS) I have been advised to take the second shot of covishield after 84 days and I have diarised (for 3 days in advance) in my phone reminder so that I prepare in time.

Please download the vaccination certificate from https://www.cowin.gov.in/
If covaxin after 28 days and before 42 days.
If covishied after 84 days and before 112 days.
Thank you.
It is important to download the certificate. Suppose, the government suddenly decides to conduct a vaccination drive and deputes officials to go door to door to identify people who have not taken the shots, then we will need the certificate to prove that we have been vaccinated. If you have a printer, you can also take a hard copy and keep it for record.

Today 1st july 2021 I had my 2nd and final covid jab.
I just walked in to the local BBMP municipal site.
There were hardly ten there waiting for a jab
I did registration formalities in ten minutes and took covishield shot. I stayed for 10 min to see after effects if any .In twenty minutes returned home. Even after 6 hours I have no after effects.
Only muscle pain at the place of jab
I took my normal meal on return and coffee after 6 hours.
Decent experience.

Now that 2nd phase of corona is coming to an end and cases are tapering off mostly senior citizens and rural folks do not like to take vaccine shots.
Seniors say they have seen worser days in their life and this will also pass.
That explains why there are few people in vaccination centres.
To opt for vaccination there have to be incentives and disincentives.
It might be a better idea to make it mandatory for all types of transport for travel ,rations for family ,pension payments etc.
Now we have created capacities in hospital for beds oxygen etc there are no patients
These are typical of our planning process. The mismatch is on positive side.
All families are scarred for life losing some members to corona.
I lost near relations in mumbai delhi and chennai.
I could not be near any of them.
One feels helpless in times like this.
I hope the nightmare ends to never return.
I know it is a wish.Health experts say that athird wave is inevitable.

Weekends poses some issues for senior citizens
Mostly availabilty of domestic helps at usual times. Many IT professionals wake up late due to friday night revelry and want domestics to come late. If the domestics service many flats they will change your timings also .This is on saturdays.
On sundays many domestics take off. They might service at double rates if one wants them.
Luckily I have found one who works all days of week at the same timings. One of the blessings I suppose.
My maid is super efficient. At 6 .30 am I get breakfast and by 12full veg south indian lunch with 2 curries sambar rasam. She herself does dishes and cleans home also .All for 5500 rs pm
Downturn has depresse labour rates.
Menfolk home at domestics home are either jobless or have lower income due to corona.So their women chip in with extra income doing whatever job they can.
My maids' husband is an auto driver. He is not able to earn like normal times due to shut down.
Our poor are paying a heavy price due to shut down..It is good that we have opened up so that they can make a living.
We are economically damaged and put behind by a few years. Another 15% are added to below poverty line.
Even upper middle class are feeling the pinch.
They are compromising on their lifestyle .
Many working from home professionals are feeling depressed with spouse and children 24 by 7 home.
Some families are close to a break up. Tempers frayed and no outlets for pent up emotions is causing concerns.
Shall we bounce back to normality fast without any more damage?

One of my pleasures in lockdown is playing the stock market.
India is still classified as an emerging market.
Our market look for cues from US wall street
When Foreign investors FII buy here Domestic institutions sell and vice versa.
Our sensex and nifty are at all time high . Our damaged economy does not match with it.
Is it a bubble waiting to burst like in 2008 or dot com crisis around 2000.
We take our cues fom nyse and nasdaq.
What to buy now ?
There is good money to be made in sugar stocks
Govt decision to mix ehanol with petrol has caused a surge .Every day sugar stocks hit the upper circuit in minutes.
Gold prices are fluctuating . Somtime it hit an alltime low. Middle class bought jewellery in large numbers and amounts.
Airfares are capped. Many restrictions for flyers.
I do not knowcif it is safe to fly.
Trains or buses are no better.
I suppose it might take a couple of months more
for safe flying
Hotels have low occupancy .Some offering discount deals .
Hospitals are still unsafe for normal treatment.and many are death traps
One can only keep fingers crossed and hope for better times

In bangalore vaccination is pretty simple and efficient .
I got it done in 20 minutes walking into BBMPbcentre without prior booking .
I find in coimbotore and chennai one has to prior book and collect token on appointed day and thereafter wait for turn at vaccination centre. Many centres
report vaccine shortage and multiplre trips are required to get a vaccine shot in bad weather conditions
It is often a not so pleasant experience for senior citizens
Implentationwise vaccination is poorly handled.
More than one relation of mine in chennai could not get vaccinated after attempts.
Those who can go to private hospitals get vaccinated on making payments.
I thought there would be better governance after fresh elections
It appears nothing much has changed on the ground

Petrol prices hitting 100rs a litre is causing heart burn .
It is leading to raise in prices due to higher inflation and there is distress in poor and middle class families.
Economic management by centre and state is a disaster
There appears to be no better political alternative .

Places like delhi and chennai are reportinng vaccine shortages.
It appears that govt can do nothing right.
Changing faces thru cabinet reshuffle cannot make forget corona deaths in 2nd wave.
I dread to think of third wave with not many vaccinated.
There seems to be no protection other than vaccination.
Bangalore has no vaccine issues .
Is it because it is a bjp ruled state?

Latest ads

Back