• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Compositions of sri. K. R. Narayanan. (Haridasa Narayanan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madam Raji Ram,

Very good work.

I am able to see only the front page of the book and Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer's Preface.

Is the book available for sale.

Anyway I am eagerly looking to see the compositions of your grand father late Sri K R Narayanan and the explanatory notes from you

Wish you all the best

RVR

Dear Mr. R.V.R,
I have already posted the songs in this thread.
On second thoughts, we decided to present the songs with swara notation
(as suggested by our bother) so that persons with some background knowledge in Music may learn the songs and benefit from the Forum.
Books are available with my sister Mrs. Raji Ram. She can give you the details regarding the availability and cost etc.
Thank you for the encouragement,
with warm regards,
V.R.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your encouragement.

My sister's son Chi. C. V. Raman has sent the entire book as an album and I shall be posting two / three pages per day.

I tried to post from the zip file that he had sent yesterday but many members were unable to view.

I have several copies of the book with me and the price is Rs. 90/-

Regards,
Raji Ram

Last edited:
Dear sister Raji Ram,

I hope the momentum picks up and our dream of popularizing thatha's songs all over the world will become a reality in the near future.

It is actually a family project. Thatha wrote the songs, you and Viji sang the songs to Semmangudi Mama, Appa got his blessings, you edited the book and Amma published it.

May Goddess Saraswathi bless this joint venture with the success it deserves.

with love and best wishes,
V. R akka.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your encouragement.

My sister's son Chi. C. V. Raman has sent the entire book as an album and I shall be posting two / three pages per day.

I tried to post from the zip file that he had sent yesterday but many members were unable to view.

I have several copies of the book with me and the price is Rs. 90/-

Regards,
Raji Ram

I shall collect a copy paying the necessary amount. In the meantime, why don't you upload the compositions sung by you and your colleague in the music section of our website so that all of us can listen.

All the best

Dear Sir,

God willing, I will be able to make mp3 files and upload in our forum site.

Regards,
Raji Ram

S0005.jpeg

Publisher is our dear mother.

தொடரும் பக்கங்களில், தமிழ்ப் பாடல்கள் முதலில்
தொடங்கும்; தாய் மொழிக்கு மரியாதை முதலில்!

தமிழிசை வளர வேண்டும்,
ராஜி ராம் (நாளை மீண்டும் சந்திப்போம்!)

Dear sister Raji Ram,
It is customary to present the Varnams first and the keerthanais and kruthis after the varnams.
Hope you will follow this normal practice in posting the songs.
with love and best wishes,
V.R.

I am really surprised that a person of late Sri K R Narayanan caliber has gone unnoticed just like that. I went through some of his compositions and they are really brilliant.

Personally I am born at the same place where Thiagayya, Muthusamy Dikshidar and Syama Satry were born. I can proudly claim that carnatic music is in my blood. I use to wonder how the trio have lived a simple life and contributed to the carnatic music in a great way.

Sri K R Narayanan has lived upto 1969 and has contributed to the society wonderfully. I wish his compositions are remembered eternally.

Personally I would like to thank Smt Vishalakshi Ramani and Smt Raji Ram for bringing these treasures to this forum.

We shall display the books in our swayamvaram functions and try to popularize it to the best possible extent.

All the best

Dear Mr. R.V.R.
I think it takes a great person to recognize another! Now you have recognized the greatness of Sri.K.R.Narananan.
We have been trying to popularize his songs by teaching them to our students. But we still need a big break. Hope we will get it through your wonderful Forum.
I am sure my grandfather would be watching all these developments and bless our combined efforts- though he wrote for his own satisfaction like the Great Musical Trio you have mentioned.
with warm regards,
V.R.

இசை அன்பர்களுக்கு வணக்கம்.

பக்தி மணி மாலையை வெளியிட்டபோது, கற்றுக்கொள்ள எளிமையாக்கும் பொருட்டு, 'ரி க ம த நி' என்ற வேறுபாடுள்ள ஸ்வரங்கள் 1, 2 என்ற எண்களிலேயே குறிக்கப்பட்டன. இந்தத் தொடரில் நாட்டை ராகக் கீர்த்தனை வெளியிட்டபோது, 'ரி3' சர்ச்சைக்கு வந்ததால், ஆரோஹண, அவரோஹணங்கள் அச்சிட்ட புத்தகப் பக்கங்களை 'போஸ்ட்' செய்யும்போது, திருமதி. விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி முந்தைய பக்கங்களில், சாஹித்யங்கள் தொகுப்பில் கொடுத்துள்ளபடி ' ர, ரி, ரு; க, கி, கு,' என்ற முறையிலும் குறிப்பிடுகிறேன், நன்றி.

உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும்,
ராஜி ராம்

நாயக நாயகி 'பா'வத்திலே வர்ணங்கள் அமைவது வழக்கம் - உலக
நாயக நாயகியரைப் போற்றுவதே 'ஹரிதாசரின்' நோக்கம்.

தெய்வங்களைப் போற்றும் வர்ணங்களில் ஐந்தை - இங்கு
மெய்யான பக்தி வளர வேண்டி, உவந்து அளிக்கின்றோம்!

Last edited:
Part I
......................... ஆரோ: ஸ ர கு ம ப தி நி ஸ. -- அவரோ: ஸ. நி தி ப ம கு ர ஸ

sri%20rajagopala1.jpeg

Last edited:
Dear Sister,
Keep up the good work!
Good that you have given the ArOhanam and AvarOhanam in both systems. Those who play instruments can follow the two number code system and those who sing can use the three number code system.
with best wishes,
V.R.akka.

Part I
.............................ஆரோ: ஸ ரி ம ப தி ஸ. அவரோ: ஸ. நி த ப ம கி ரி ஸ

var%202a.jpeg

Last edited:
Part I
.............................ஸ கு ரி ம ப நு ஸ. -- ஸ. நு ப ம கு ரி ஸ

var%203a.jpeg

Last edited:
Part I
.......................................ஸ ர கு மி தி நு ஸ. -- ஸ. நு தி மி கு ர ஸ