• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chilkur Balaji Temple in Hyderabad holds special prayers for solving 'banking crisis'

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...olving-banking-crisis/videoshow/62995689.cms#

What a cynical way to make money.

Even the worst criminal would cringe at this tactic.

What is the cynical way can you describe elaborately....? Who made money.....?

What is the proof that the priest collected money from devotees promising solution to banking crisis.

There is no tactic involved... it is only a special prayer

It is all only chanting the namas of Lion God.

<refrain from posting messages against any or all members>

Last edited by a moderator:
It is faith... nothing but steadfast faith...devotees come here to get blessings of Balaji.

It is one of the temples that does not collect any offerings.... they don't collect anything from devotees

There is no place to donate any money... you cannot find a Hundi inside this temple ......

It pulls half a million crowd in just a week end

It is only chant and the implications of that...

[h=1]Visa temple of Hyderabad: The Chilkur Balaji temple that gives you visa power![/h][h=2]This strange belief that praying in Hyderabad's Chilkur Balaji temple helps you get a visa has thousands flocking here every day[/h]

visa-temple-hyderabad.jpg

Would you believe there is a temple in India which fulfills your wish of getting a visa on your passport? Yes, there is one and for this very reason, the temple is nicknamed the Visa Temple. Situated in Chilkur in Hyderabad, this temple is officially called Chilkur Balaji Temple and is one of the oldest temples in Telengana. Sri Venkateswara Balaji deity is worshiped here however after a number of incidents of people praying to the deity for getting a visa stamp on their passport and their wishes coming true, this temple became famous as the Visa Temple.

The temple is in Chilkur and has over 75,000 to a lakh devotees paying a visit every week, with a major rush on Fridays and Sundays. If you are planning to visit this temple, be prepared to stand in a long queue especially on these days. There is no fee to visit the temple however if your sole purpose for coming here is to get a visa, you may have to come here again. Looking for a quick getaway from the city? Here are 5 weekend getaways from Hyderabad you can escape to.

Read more at: http://www.india.com/travel/article...lkur-balaji-temple-that-gives-you-visa-power/

It is Donald Trump or Abraham Lincoln no problem for Visa.....
[h=1]The Visa Temple[/h][h=2]Indians are still praying for the chance to come to the U.S., even in the age of Trump.[/h]

170331_R-K_India_HeadPriest_1.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

C.S. Rangarajan, head priest at the Chilkur Balaji temple.

HYDERABAD, India—Leaning into the microphone to address his audience, C.S. Rangarajan, the bearded head priest of the Chilkur Balaji temple, squawks, “Our Bhagwan (God) is greater than Donald Trump!”

Welcome to the Visa Temple.

For decades, young people from across India have flocked to this 500-year-old structure on the outskirts of Hyderabad, India’s fifth largest city, with a shared dream: a visa to the United States. The temple, formally known as the Chilkur Balaji, is middling in size by Indian standards but, as its endless crowds suggest, its incarnation of Vishnu grants wishes at a rate that is anything but average.
Rangarajan is addressing the morning’s temple goers who, like a school of fish, circumambulate the temple’s inner sanctum chanting the Hindu deity Balaji’s name in vague unison. Crumpled in most people’s hands are pink slips of paper with 108 numbered boxes used to count the number of pradakshina, or rounds, that they make. It is said that if you complete 11 orbits around the inner shrine, Balaji will smile down on you. If he does, ritual dictates that you come back and make 108 rounds.

On a Saturday morning, a cluster of college-age women in sequined red-and-green ghagra choli jostle around a selfie stick in the parking lot. By the temple, a dozen empty shacks advertise identical menus of oily South Indian breakfasts while a gauntlet of hawkers invite passing visitors to buy coconuts, flower garlands, and other offerings for the god.

“After I came here, the very next day I got a call to submit my passport,” says Arjun Majumdar, a systems analyst who is all smiles with four friends outside the temple grounds. He tells me—with an almost palpable sense of triumph in his voice—that his work visa to the U.S. had been put on hold for more than three months due to a minor paperwork issue. After his visit to Chilkur, it was approved in just three days.

Read more at: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...a_temple_indians_pray_to_come_to_the_u_s.html

Our Lord is answering the prayers....it is the faith

[h=1]Indians flock to temple in Hyderabad believed to help in getting U.S. visas[/h]
About 500 years old, the Chilkur Balaji temple near Hyderabad was built as a shrine to Lord Balaji, a form of the Hindu god Vishnu.
Typically, worshippers perform a wish-making ceremony that includes making 11 laps around the inner temple. Sometimes they proffer their passports and make offerings of fresh coconuts.
If the wish comes true, they must return and make a further 108 laps.
In recent years it's gained a reputation for helping smooth the red tape for Indians seeking overseas visas -- so much so that it's now known as the "visa temple."

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F160226104706-visatemple4.jpg

Read more at: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/india-temple-visas-hindu/index.html

The head priests Dr Soundararajan and C S Gopalakrishna suggested that such an invocation would help the recovery of money from defaulters, however big they were.

"A temple has to pray for the well-being of humanity, and this is a crisis which could have a spiralling effect on the common man, and hence this prayer. Also, the Chilkur temple was the first temple to prescribe a dress code of handlooms for devotees to help the weavers. It has always responded to social causes, and hence this unique prayer," Dr Soundararajan explained.

He said that the devotees made two extra "pradakshinams" of the temple with these prayers.

Dr Soundararajan recalled, "The Lord blessed us when we prayed similarly in September 2008 when there was a power crisis. He will definitely fill our accounts with credit flows and save the banks. He will help nab the defaulters and recover the money that belongs to public."

http://news.fullhyderabad.com/hyder...-balaji-temple-over-banking-crisis-18375.html

Have we forgotten all the Gita lectures?
We are slavishly following False Religions, False Hope. The so-called priests and pundits are selling misinformation.

Like Adi Shankara says:

jatilo mundii lujnchhitakeshah kaashhaayaambarabahukritaveshhah

pashyannapi cana pashyati muudhah udaranimittam bahukritaveshhah

There are many who go with matted locks, many who have clean shaven heads, many whose hairs have been plucked out; some are clothed in saffron, yet others in various colors --- all just for a livelihood. Seeing truth revealed before them, still the foolish ones see it not.

Chandra Shekar Gr Said:
What an irony !!. If holding prayers could solve the problem why are these priests not able to solve the problem of corruption, poverty.... Please grow up...

Read more at:

//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62994268.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppstRead more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62994268.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Last edited:
On a serious note, blaming God for our suffering may be just an emotional and irrational response.

Maybe God just does his duty (Dharma), and in the process, some are being hurt. In truth, everything around you do influence you in some way, does it not? Directly or indirectly, your friends, relations, colleagues, family, the institutions with which you are associated, your job or profession, the government, the earth, the planets and the stars play some role in your life. They make you happy or unhappy, and facilitate or obstruct your desires and actions. In the same manner, God may be influencing your life too.

When things go wrong, it is common for people to blame God, while atheists and rationalists respond with, “I told you so,” attitude.

Many people blame God for the suffering in the world or for the calamities and natural disasters, wondering how can a compassionate God let them happen.

However, the subtle truths of the Vedas and scriptures such as the Bhagavadgita are not known to many. Hence, their thinking about God mostly falls into the general mode, which is influenced by popular beliefs. The question is, whether it is appropriate to blame God for what happens to people or to the world? How far is he responsible for anyone’s life or their personal fortunes?God is invisible, physically unapproachable and mysterious. Any conclusions which people draw about him are speculative, inconclusive and indeterminate.

The doctrine of karma implies that God is not responsible for our lives. Individual and collective actions shape the destiny of the beings and the world.

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/ask/blaming-god.asp

Last edited:
Asking is Losing Out

If you go to God to seek something, you will get merely what you have asked for. Besides, you can ask only for what fits in your little intellect. So you end up asking for petty things and miss out on something invaluable.

God is Enough
The saints say, ideally, you should not ask from God but if you have to, then ask like a lover asks from his or her beloved. What do they ask for? Love! Ask God for His love. Ask for God from God.

With the Lord, you get everything. Why ask for petty things? Ask for just one, God! ‘O Lord! Give me the light to look in Thy direction. Give me the strength to understand Thy will for me.’ In this asking there is no begging. This asking only reveals the greatness of God.

The one, who has learnt to remain happy, does not need to ask for anything. Happiness for him is not in gaining something or in some happening; he remains happy in everything that happens.

Doubts Answered

Saints are frequently asked, ‘I have done a lot of prayers all my life but my prayers have not come to fruition. Why is God not listening to my crying? Is this not injustice towards me?’ Pointing out five flaws in these words, saints very beautifully reply-

1. Prayers: ‘Done’?

Firstly, prayer is not a doing. It is a state of being. You do not need to think or plan for a prayer; be prayerful at all times. But you understand and speak only the language of doing. You have turned a simple act of breathing also into your doing. In reality, you are not taking in the breath; it comes on its own. If you could, why would you ever stop breathing? Who breathes for you when you are fast asleep and when you are unconscious under anaesthesia? Similarly, prayer is not an act of doing either. If you say you did prayers, then your prayer is an illusion. Prayer should emerge and manifest from within.

2. Prayers: ‘Prayed a Lot’?

When you say, ‘I have done a lot of prayers,’ it is evident that you are tired of praying. Doing brings tiredness; being does not. Where there is ego, there is tiredness. If you had remained spontaneous, and not turned prayer into doing, you would not get tired of praying. If you had transformed prayer into love, if prayer was love for you, then you would have experienced relaxation, lightness, and freedom. But for you, it was a doing, which made them heavy and tiresome.

3. Prayers: ‘Don’t Give Fruits’?

When you say your prayers did not come to fruition, it shows that they were prompted by greed filled with desire for wealth, status, and an urge to evade difficulties. What the sinners want by committing sins, you want those same things by chanting, ringing bells, lighting lamps. But you fear being punished. If you were informed that there is no God who listens to your prayers and bestows favourable things, then you will stop praying. If you were told that there is nothing like hell where you suffer the painful results of your sinful actions, then you will not stop sinning. Prayer is not the need of your heart; it is just a demand. Your motive behind praying is the hope to attain worldly things. This is asking and not praying. In prayer you want to give, offer, surrender and dissolve. Prayers touch the heart. Prayers fill you with God.

4. Prayers: ‘Not Heard’?

You ask whether God listens to your crying? But do you have faith that ‘God is’? Do you trust prayers? You started to pray by merely listening to others or reading about it. All borrowed. Your faith is hollow. In your heart, there is doubt, and on your tongue, there is faith. Your prayer is like buying a lottery. If you lose, you lose only a rupee or so but the gain is in millions! In the same spirit, you pray. If you gain by praying, well done; if you don’t, you have lost nothing.If you have genuinely prayed, you would never insist that God should listen to your prayers. Only a worldly person can say, ‘God! Why are You deaf to my prayers? When will You listen to me? A devotee says, ‘God! I am deaf to Your call. When will I start listening to You?’ A devotee feels that life after life God has been calling him but it is he who is so occupied with sensual pleasures and passions that he cannot, nay he does not respond to God’s call. A devotee does not blame God, he accepts his shortcomings. ‘If I can’t see God, my vision is faulty. If I can’t listen to God, my ears are defective. If I can’t experience God’s grace, my connection is impaired. If I can’t feel God, I have lost the sensitivity.’ So wonderful is the state of a devotee.

5. Prayers: ‘Why Injustice’?

You say, ‘Why is God unjust?’ These cannot be the words of a devotee. A devotee is always praising his God. He is always in the state of gratitude. He always feels he is not worthy of God’s grace. He feels he is so undeserving, yet God has given him in abundance. Such is the attitude of a devotee. His eyes see what God has blessed him with. He realises their value and so he is always in the state of thankfulness.God is ever compassionate and merciful. He is continuously showering His grace upon everyone. But you have your own yardstick to gauge things. You see bad times as trouble and not a favour. When offered a gibbet instead of throne, you see it as a curse and not compassion. In fact it is a blessing in disguise alone. If you can see the reality, you can remain thankful to God even in adversities. That is real faith, true devotion.When the heart gets soaked with love divine, one is able to pray in the tone of eulogising. No complaints, only gratitude. No demands, only ecstasy.

https://timesofindia.speakingtree.in/blog/praying-or-begging

Last edited:
On a serious note, blaming God for our suffering may be just an emotional and irrational response.

On a seious note we don’t blame God for our suffers

We only seek his blessings to get out of the sufferings

It is a prayer…a special prayer which is considered to be an integral part of Hindu religion.

Prayer or worship is considered to be an integral part of the Hindu religion. The chanting of mantras is the most popular form of worship in Hinduism. Yoga and meditation are also considered as a form of devotional service towards the Lord. The adjacent picture represents the Om sign, which is a sign of peace.

The Vedas are a collection of liturgy (mantras, hymns). Stuti is a general term for devotional literary compositions, but literally means praise.

The Hindu devotional Bhakti movements emphasizes repetitive prayer. Stemming from the universal Soul or Brahman, prayer is focused on the personal forms of God, such as Shiva, Vishnu, or Vishnu's Avatars, Rama and Krishna.

Before the process of ritual, before the invoking of different deities for the fulfillment of various needs, came the human aspiration to the highest truth, the foundational monism of Hinduism, pertaining ultimately to the one Brahman. Brahman, which summarily can be called the unknowable, true, infinite and blissful Divine Ground, is the source and being of all existence from which the cosmos springs. This is the essence of the Vedic system. The following prayer was part and parcel of all the Vedic ceremonies and continues to be invoked even today in Hindu temples all over India and other countries around the world, and exemplifies this essence:

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_in_Hinduism

If you go to God to seek something, you will get merely what you have asked for.

This is enough

[h=1]Vedas on fulfilment of our wishes….[/h][h=1]Shri Rudram Chamakam[/h]

Shri Rudram occurs in the fourth kāṇda or book of the Taittiriya Samhita in the Krishna Yajurveda.[SUP][9][/SUP] It consists of two chapter or praśnafrom fourth book of the Taittiriya Samhita (TS 4.5, 4.7), which is a recension of the Krishna Yajurveda. Name of both the chapters are Namakam (chapter five) and Chamakam (chapter seven) respectively[SUP][10][/SUP]. Shri Rudram or the Namakam (chapter five) describes the name or epithets of Lord Rudra, which represent his aspects. Additionally, the devotee asks for the benevolent aspect of Lord Shiva to be invoked rather than the terrible aspect and requests forgiveness of sins. The Chamakam (chapter seven) asks for the fulfillment of wishes.[SUP][11][/SUP] Each chapter consist of eleven anuvākas or hymns

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shri_Rudram_Chamakam

A Hindu devout cannot forget either Gita, Mahabharat or Ramayana or other Puranas...

It is pure devotion and only pure hearts can understand or realize and attain

One such example of Sabari

Shabari was a girl from a tribal village.[SUP][1][/SUP] According to Krishna Dutt ji she was seeker of knowledge and wanted to know the meaning of Dharma. After days of traveling, she met Sage Matanga at the foot of the Mountain Rishyamukha and accepted him as guru, serving him with devotion.[SUP][1][/SUP] When her guru Matanga was about to die, Shabari— now an elderly lady— stated that after serving him throughout her life, she now sought to reach for herself the same "abode of peace" which Matanga reached.[SUP][1][/SUP] Thereupon, the sage said that by the virtue of her seva (service), Lord Ram shall give her darshan and asks her to wait for his arrival. Saying thus, the sage sitting in lotus posture attains Mahasamadhi. As per her guru's words, Shabari waits for the arrival of Ram.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Everyday Shabari would go out of her ashram, with the help of a walking stick and pluck berry fruits for Lord Ram. She would pluck a fruit, first taste it, and if it was sweet she would put it in her basket and discard the bitter ones. She wanted to give the good and sweet fruits to Ram.[SUP][2][/SUP] The thought never came to her that she should not taste it before it was offered to a deity. Traditional writers use this narrative to indicate that in bhakti, faults are not seen by the deities. Thus collecting a few fruits, Shabari went back to the ashram and eagerly anticipated Lord Ram's arrival.[SUP][2][/SUP] Shabari is commonly used as a metaphor for an endless wait for God.[SUP][3][/SUP]
[h=3]Arrival of Rama[edit][/h]According to the scriptural account, even though hundreds of other yogis were waiting to receive Rama in their ashrams, Rama went only to Shabari's ashram because of her sincere devotion. On seeing Rama, Shabari became ecstatic and said, "There were so many exalted yogis waiting for your darshan, but you came to this unworthy devotee (...) This clearly shows that you will neither see whether a devotee lives in a palace or humble hut, whether he is erudite or ignorant (...) neither see caste nor color. You will only see the true bhakti (...) I do not have anything to offer other than my heart, but here are some berry fruits. May it please you, my Lord." Saying so, Shabari offered the fruits she had meticulously collected to Rama. When Rama was tasting them, Lakshmana raised the concern that Shabari had already tasted them and were, therefore, unworthy of being eaten. To this, Rama[SUP][4][/SUP] said that of the many types of food he had tasted, "nothing could equal these berry fruits, offered with such devotion. You taste them, then alone will you know. Whomsoever offers a fruit, leaf, flower or some water with love, I partake it with great joy." Lakshman did not taste the fruits. He brought them to his mouth but threw them aside considering them as impure. Pleased with Shabari's devotion, Rama blesses her with his vision. Rama notices the donas, or bowls, of handmade leaves in which she had offered the fruits and is impressed by the hard work Shabari has gone through to make them and, hence, blesses the tree so that the leaves naturally grow in the shape of a bowl.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] Shabari also tells Rama to take help from Sugriva and where to find him. The Ramayana says that Shabari was a very bright and knowledgeable saint.[SUP][5][/SUP]
[h=3]Ram's discourse[edit][/h]Ram delivers his discourse on nava-vidha bhakti (ninefold devotion) to Shabari,[SUP][6][/SUP]

Such pure devotion is expressed in nine ways.
First is satsang or association with love-intoxicated devotees and righteous people.

The second is to develop a taste for hearing My nectar-like stories.

The third is service to the guru (...)

Fourth is to sing My kirtan (communal chorus) (...)

Japa or repetition of My Holy name and chanting My bhajans are the fifth expression (...)

To follow scriptural injunctions always, to practice control of the senses, nobility of character and selfless service, these are expressions of the sixth mode of bhakti.

Seeing Me manifested everywhere in this world and worshipping My saints more than myself is the seventh mode of bhakti. To find no fault with anyone and to be contented with one's lot is the eighth mode of bhakti.

Unreserved surrender with total faith in My strength is the ninth and highest stage.

Shabari, anyone who practices one of these nine modes of My bhakti pleases Me most and reaches Me without fail. That which is most difficult for the greatest yogis was easily attained by you, Shabari, because of your sincere devotion

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabari

[h=1]This verse gives the assurance that you can approach God in any way you want and you will be rewarded suitably. God is like a mirror. He is unconditional love, who reflects your thoughts, desires and attitudes exactly as you want. He will not decide what to give you, what you should want or what you should choose[/h]
And this one is from Gita..

[h=2]Chapter 4 - Sloka 11[/h]ye yathā mām prapadyante tāms tathaiva bhajāmy aham
mama vartmānuvartante manusyāh pārtha sarvaśah
[h=2]Translation[/h]ye = who; yatha = in whatever; mam = to Me; prapadyante = they approach; tan = them; tatha = in the same manner; eva = even; bhajami = reward; aham = I; mama = My; vartma = path; anuvartante = do follow; manusyah = human beings; partha = Partha; sarvasah = in every way, in all respects.
[h=2][/h][h=2]Meaning[/h]
"In whatever (manner) they approach Me, in the same manner I reward them. O Partha, human beings follow My path in every way.
[h=2][/h][h=2]Commentary[/h][h=1]This verse gives the assurance that you can approach God in any way you want and you will be rewarded suitably. God is like a mirror. He is unconditional love, who reflects your thoughts, desires and attitudes exactly as you want. He will not decide what to give you, what you should want or what you should choose[/h][h=1][/h][h=1]In this verse, you have the assurance of God that He would not show any favoritism or preference to certain groups, nations and religions. He is not saying, “You follow this particular religion, prophet, scripture or guru and I will liberate you.” He is not telling you that you ought to follow Him against your wishes or in fear of Him. In these few words, He has conveyed amply that He would not impose any conditions upon you in how you may approach Him. You just have to knock on His door with a request, intensely and sincerely, and you will be rewarded. He will not decide what He should give you. You have to decide what you want from Him and make that clear to Him with right aspiration and faith.[/h][h=1][/h][h=1]Read more at: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/essays/gitasloka4_11.asp[/h]

We are slavishly following False Religions, False Hope. The so-called priests and pundits are selling misinformation.

Some don't understand the pure Bakthi...

God answering the prayers of a devout

[h=1]The Meaning And Significance of Prarthana or Prayer in Hinduism[/h]In Sanskrit and most vernacular languages of India, the word prarthana1means a prayer or seeking. While the word has a deep religious connotation and peculiarly Hindu in its origin, in course of time it acquired a secular and generic meaning and became part of regular usage to convey the meaning of "to request, ask or politely seek something with a feeling of reverence or submissiveness." In official usage prarthana means a petition (as a noun or adjective) or petitioning (as a verb) to a ruler, higher authority or official to resolve a problem or address a grievance.
[h=2]The purpose of prayers[/h]In the Vedic parlance, prayer was synonymous with mantra, a religious chant or incantation, used to communicate with gods and seek some kind of material benefit or favor from them. Vedic Indians performed elaborate rituals, chanting mantras or prayers to please gods and seek their assistance in the fulfillment of individual desires or realize any potentially important goal either for themselves or for others or for the community in general. They used prayers for one or more of the following.

1. To obtain powers, fulfill desires and seek protection
2. To nourish gods and ensure their favors and protection.
3. To cure diseases and overcome death and adversity.
4. To ensure victory in wars and against enemies.
5. To destroy enemies or weaken their resolve.
6. To make things auspicious and pure.
7. To invite peace and prosperity.
8. To ensure name, fame and success.
9. To overcome sinful karma and forgiveness for mistakes and evil deeds
10. To engage the mind in devotion and contemplation of God.
……….

The Hindu Puranas and epics such as the Ramayana and the Mahabharata, emphasize through many examples that God never fails to respond to the sincere calls of His devotees and comes to their rescue. In extraordinary circumstances when too many pure souls pray to him and make a distress call, He even incarnates upon earth to destroy evil and restore order.
…..
[h=2]Prayer as a manifestation of speech[/h]Thus, a prayer is a way of expressing grief, concern, fear, or want, seeking a possible solution. All prayers are but sounds or manifestations of speech (vac). Speech and sounds have a special significance in Hinduism. Speech is considered a deity in the Vedas and equated in several Upanishads to Brahman himself. Space (akasa) is one of the five great elements (mahabhutas). Space is the support for the deity speech. Speech which is filled with the purity and effulgence of God has the power to manifest through sacred sounds (mantras). The breath in the throat is considered to be the source of speech.

Space is the personification of Brahman in the objective plane. It is considered to be the medium of sound, while space itself is considered a subtle body of Brahman. Space is filled with vital air (Vayu) who according to the Vedas travels in all directions, riding upon innumerable horses and purifies everything. In the body it is called breath or prana, the overlord of all the organs who nourishes and sustains the body and without whom life is not possible.

Therefore, from this perspective, prayer is the means to communicate with God through the immediately available mediums of space, speech, sounds, and sacrifices. Our prayers travel from the earthly plane to the heavenly plane through space, propelled by the power of Brahman who is hidden in all sounds, especially the sacred chants of the Vedas. Sounds can reach what the eyes cannot reach. What the eyes and sounds cannot reach thoughts can reach. Since a prayer is a combination of thoughts and sound, it is a very powerful way to communicate with the subtle gods of both the mind and the worlds above.
….
As a part of this grand scheme of life, they looked beyond themselves, praying not only for the welfare of themselves, but of the entire community to which they belonged.

Read more at: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/prarthanameans.asp

loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu

hi

it is faith.....believe it or not.....ppl believe in god...

Yes people can believe in God, god, or anything else.
But selling false promise is wrong.
Krishna asked Arjuna to do the right action and fight the war, he did not ask Arjuna to go to the temple instead of fighting.

I believe in Brahman but I do not beg or inform God of the world situation, for gods sake He is GOD.
Nothing is unknown to HIM.

Last edited:
[FONT=q_serif]"Do gods respond to prayers"...[/FONT]
Prayers or slokas are not magical incantations. It’s not like “Accio broom” that you pronounce and your broom comes flying to your fist.

I’ll tell you how the concept of god works. God is like petrol in a car. If the car comes first in a race, you don’t credit the petrol for it. If the car crashes you don’t blame the petrol either. But without petrol, the car will not move. You are the car.

That is how God works. It is you who has to slog. You have to burn the midnight oil and study, because god is not a magician. If he magically makes you come first in your exam despite your not studying he would send the world topsy turvy as the law of karma would get defied. This is god’s greatest quality – that he maintains the balance in the universe using the law of karma every single time.

Sometimes despite having studied more than anyone else in class you don’t come first. The teacher is partial to another student, you reach the exam late and lose time etc. In this case too, what you call bad luck is really karma. You must have done something in the past (in this life or any previous life) to have earned or deserved this.

Don’t worry, get on with it. This is why the Hindu's holy book - Bhagwad Gita - says that you should work without expecting any result because the result will always get coloured by many people’s past karmas.

https://www.quora.com/Do-Hindu-gods...rit-as-Muslims-believe-God-speaks-only-Arabic

But selling false promise is wrong.

How can a special prayer performed in a temple, in fact a prathana, for the well being of community be considered as sales of false promise.

Who is to decide which is false and which is truth..?

Nobody makes any promise here. It is an earnest prayer performed to solve the problems. There is no guarantee or warranty involved. It is all faith and nothing but trust, faith, etc

It is a prayer with special purpose

Sales is something which involves exchange of a commodity for money or kind

Action of selling involves buyer and seller and a product

Here who is the buyer and who is the seller and what is product and value fixed for it and who pays for it and who receives it

Here, it is all free and no one is charging anything becos it is service.

Some of the minds may refuse to understand the real difference between service, sales, promise,faith, trust, etc

It is nothing but service done with good faith for the well being of the community around.

What a cynical way to comment without knowing facts and purpose behind.

Even a worst criminal will think twice before passing such remarks.lol

[FONT=q_serif]"Do gods respond to prayers"...[/FONT]
Prayers or slokas are not magical incantations. It’s not like “Accio broom” that you pronounce and your broom comes flying to your fist.

I’ll tell you how the concept of god works. God is like petrol in a car. If the car comes first in a race, you don’t credit the petrol for it. If the car crashes you don’t blame the petrol either. But without petrol, the car will not move. You are the car.

That is how God works. It is you who has to slog. You have to burn the midnight oil and study, because god is not a magician. If he magically makes you come first in your exam despite your not studying he would send the world topsy turvy as the law of karma would get defied. This is god’s greatest quality – that he maintains the balance in the universe using the law of karma every single time.

Sometimes despite having studied more than anyone else in class you don’t come first. The teacher is partial to another student, you reach the exam late and lose time etc. In this case too, what you call bad luck is really karma. You must have done something in the past (in this life or any previous life) to have earned or deserved this.

Don’t worry, get on with it. This is why the Hindu's holy book - Bhagwad Gita - says that you should work without expecting any result because the result will always get coloured by many people’s past karmas.

https://www.quora.com/Do-Hindu-gods...rit-as-Muslims-believe-God-speaks-only-Arabic

[h=1]Members with misunderstanding of faith, trust, religious belief, etc come here to confuse other which is wrong.

DOES GOD ANSWER OUR PRAYERS? – SWAMI CHINMAYANANDA[/h][h=1]If God were to fulfill the desires of people according to their prayers then the Impartial Lord would become “partial” towards those who pray.[/h]Then how does God fulfill the desires of His devotees?

Lord Krishna says “Whatever form a devotee seeks to worship with “faith” that “faith” of his I make firm in him”. (Bhagavad Gita 7/21) From the material Standpoint, when we pray, and deter�mine to achieve something we develop a “faith” in the goal and confidence in ourselves to do so. Faith is a, growing belief rooted in understanding. As this “faith” increases, the mind becomes more and more efficient. A single-pointed mind is indeed a mighty force against which no obstacles can stand for long. This “faith” irrespective of the chosen goal, is that which ultimately takes each one of us to our success.

Then what? How does one gain the fulfillment of his desire?

Reinforced with that “faith” in his chosen field man works harder. The Lord admits that by “His” grace that “faith” increases and consequently the efforts also increase with the increase of “faith”. We put forth more and more efforts and as a result our desires are fulfilled. So, to say that we have been praying for years and our prayers have never been heard is the complaint of not those who pray but those, who only beg, without constantly striving hard to achieve.

From the spiritual standpoint, this verse is a very impor�tant one as it has carved out a distinct character for the Hindus�their unbelievable sense of tolerance towards all other religions in the world. The Hindu knows that “Truth is one; sages call it by different names.” In what�ever form man worships his God with “faith”, in that form God shall be revealed to him.

………………………………..

Remember, prayer is not beggary. Nor is it merely an exaggerated glorification of some unknown entity called God repeated mechanically by the mouth in a language which is unknown to the devotee. Prayer is invocation with the mind contemplating on the greater Reality of Life, the Essential Life that energizes, activates, thrills the inert world of matter into living creatures, expands itself and in this expansion it soars higher into kingdoms of joyous experiences and true unfoldments
[h=1]Read more at: http://vishnumandir.com/resources/does-god-answer-our-prayers-swami-chinmayananda/[/h]

[h=1]It is devotees faith, religious belief and sentiments that ruled high…[/h][h=1][/h][h=1]Their action very wonderfully explained in action.[/h][h=1][/h][h=1]Rush of devotees at temples on new year[/h]

HY02NEWYEAR

[h=1][/h]The Chilkur Balaji temple near here attracted more than a lakh devotees on January 1 to mark the beginning of the new year, despite a campaign that Ugadi should be celebrated as new year by the Hindus.

A circular issued by Andhra Pradesh government that no new year special worship be performed in Tirumala temple on January 1, the English new year and such special prayers and traditions be limited to Ugadi, the Telugu new year became a topic of discussion in the last few days. But apparently people’s sentiments ruled high and devotees thronged the Chilkur Balaji temple to offer prayers on January 1 and peak rush was witnessed between 1 p.m and 5 p.m. and for the first time, two doors, both at the entrance and back of the temple, had be opened to let the devotees in.
[h=1]Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...evotees-at-chilkur-temple/article22347608.ece[/h]

hi

we can't deny 3 paths in SANATANA DHARMA....i didn't use the word HINDUISM purposely.....the three paths are....

KARMA KANDA....BHAKTI KANDA...JNANA KANDA....here jnanan is SATVA.....bhakti is RAJAS...karma is TAMAS....

so it is purely individual choice....but NOTHING WRONG....IN GITA ...LORD KRISHNA......ANEKANAM JANMANAAM ANTHE

JNAVAAN MAAM PRAPADYATE.....karma makes more AHANKARAS....SO TAMAS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back