• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin by Birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear DurgadasanJi,

You know you can take an Indian out of India but you can't take India out of an Indian.

Even here people blame DIL when they keep on giving births to girls.
Some even say that its the female who has no luck to carry a son etc.
Parents want their first child to be a boy always...
If its a girl they are disappointed.
Even chinese are like that.
For them they must have male to pass on the family surname.
Some traditional chinese do not consider their daughters children as their grandchildren because of the different surname they carry.

Well coming to marriage in Malaysia... Its like this..The engagement cost will be bourned by the Girls side and the Marriage cost will be bourned by the Boys side.
Groom has to buy saree/gold/clothes for bride for both engagement and marriage.
Buy clothes for inlaws and gold ring for mappilai tholen.

This is for Non Brahmin/Non dowry type of Tamilian/Malayali/Telegu.

Some Non Brahmins like Gounders/Chettiars..still have dowry system like in India.
Its mainly the bussiness community type of tamilians who still practise Dowry system.
Some Non Brahmin Telegus also have dowry system.

Sri Lankan tamilians practise Dowry system till now and are very rigid about it too.

Tamilian Brahmin marriage system here I have no idea.
May you can ask fellow Malaysian Citizen Ms Amala to elaborate on it.

renu

TB marriages in Malaysia -- the girls side has to bear all the wedding costs etc. Nowadays there is no dowry as such but again spending is not equal as the girl's side has to bear nearly all the cost.

It also really depends on the two families concerned. There are no hard and fast rules. Also the bride is not expected to have/bring lots and lots of gold jewellery unlike before.

re

DD,

Doctors are asking for this to prevent child from disorders. When an Rh+ and Rh- copule have first child, there wont be any problem at all. At the sametime when the mother expects her second child, the antibodies created against the Rh+ or Rh- (against father's) will ultimately make the child a defective piece or even sometime lethal itself.

From the link,There are four blood types — A, B, AB, and O.Strangely Gita also says four types of personality traits.A coincidence,perhaps.

Between a,:- O + and B Rh -ve,the likely hood of the child is O +ve.If the mother is O +ve.?

I think there is a complete study about how various blood groups interact,to give a probable blood group or is it certain predictions,as to how blood groups get grouped during pregnancy?

I think in ancient times,probably the reason why deaths used to occur during pregnancy,as the technology for diagnosing was not near perfect as it is now.

Thanks DD,set me to google some more to know about blood groups classification.

nachi naga

Dear Nachi Naga sir,

There are many causes of intrauterine death and Rh incompatability was just one of them.
I am using the word WAS because it is very rare now as administration of Rh Immunoglobulins to a Rhnegative mother will prevent the intrauterine death of fetus better known as Hydrops Fetalis..which also has other causes besides Rh Incompatibility.

Click link below.

Hydrops fetalis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hydrops fetalis is a condition in the fetus characterized by an accumulation of fluid, or edema, in at least two fetal compartments, including the subcutaneous tissue, pleura,...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrops_fetalis - Cached

Dear Nachi naga sir,

this is just an article for you to read since you were linking charecter trait with blood groups.
Its not really proven but just read for fun only.

Personally I do not believe the findings in this article.
Can blood type determine character? | The Japan Times Online

1. Here, blood type is believed to tell a lot about a person in just a ... Someone with group A blood may share character traits with another group A person, but ...
    search.japantimes.co.jp/member/member.html?fl20010916a3.htm

Last edited:
Dear Nachi Naga sir,

i changed the blood group link to another one.previous one came with unsuitable advertsments.
this link is almost the same and a bit more "proffesional".
Read it please.

re

renu,

thanks,i have pop up blocker enabled plus run a virus protect,so nothing popped up thankfully.i sort of getting addicted to our tambrahm website,and home minister security screws are tightening on me.the korean website had some super article about trains mfd by them,wish indians have such super fast trains,just amaazing design.

only the japanese site wrtes about personality traits,which is already in vogue there.O group and B group is cool guys :love:.

nachi naga.

ArilJi this is very interesting. I never knew there were tamil people in Pakistan (im assuming Karachiite as in Karachi Pakistan)

Sow.Amala,

Before 1947, that is before the Pakistan partition, the India ruled by the British contained today's Pakistan, India and Bangaladesh. Tamil people travelled all over British India to work, to settle etc. Sri.ArulPillai is mentioning about an ancestor long ago from Karachi. It is quite possible. I like to bring the movie 'Hey Ram' to your memory. In that movie, initially Kamal was working in Karachi and moved to Kolkotta (Culcutta).

Cheers!

Dear Naga ji

There are many other groups also, for example, Bombay group and so many. I forget them really. Studied in B.Sc and M.Sc (Clinical microbiology papers), now everything has flied off. But these groups are not so prevalent and are very much restricted. So they are of very least importance only.

Respected Amala Mam

Thanks for your info. I just linked the girl-infanticidal activities with dowry system. I dont know the real reason at all, if even dowry is not a problem. Anyhow thanks for throwing light.

Pranams

But

Dear Raghyji,

I never knew Tamil people went to todays Karachi at that time. My grandfathers brother did go to Burma though.

Dear DDji

Even I linked female infanticide with the dowry system. Although I'm really surprised that even in Malaysia its still a problem having girls. I didn't realise that until reading Renuji post. I must be obviously moving in very enlightened circles then :) (just kidding!)

DD,

Did not know Bombay Group existed or exists.Anyways Mumbaikars rock as rest of India,amchi mumbai.

nachi naga.

They are still existing Nachi naga ji.

I just want to refresh my studies and gotta wiki link. I think it will clarify lot regarding this issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

Yes, its mainly based on Mumbaivalas only. Many a lot of things is biology is associated with India. A famous fungal family, "maduromycetes" has been named since it has been isolated initially from our "MADURAI- tamil nadu". The latin name for Adhathoda leaf is "Adhathoda vasicca". Many and many examples are there to raise our collar regarding biology...

Pranams

NAMO NAMAHA: it is good and lucky to be a brahmin by birth.but it is highly appreciable then and only then when the brahmanism is adhered to and practiced in day to day affairs and the rituals as well as regular duty is being carried out without any failure .as days pass on its highly difficult to do so due to some reason or other there by we move well away from the brahmanic culture and tradition.such being the case we can say "he who is giving argya &doing gayathri japa thrice a day is a brahmin"."NA GAYATHRI PARAMO MANTHRAHA.THANDHAI SOL MIKKA MANDHIRAMILLAI""AA KNOW BADHRAHA KRITHAVO YANTHU VISWATHAHA" v.lalithakumar

Brahmin by birth?

What is required to be a Brahmin by birth? Two Brahmin parents? What if the parents are from different areas and/or ethnic groups? If one parent is enough, must the father be the Brahmin or does that not matter?

I don't understand Tamil anymore (I forgot every word), so please don't branch into it in your answers.

AP

Anywhere in India the others ask you "are you a brahmin?" They find out from the look of you. If you comment unbiased and briefly on any thing, they say, "lagtahai ye Brahmin". I will relate a very old instance where two non-brahmins in the south were lamenting a comment on an unfortunate man. One of them said " Nee avanai pakkanum, brahamananukku paiyiththium pidichchamadiri alayaraan."
The readers should note the above are all by non-brahmins because they see difference well. Some of us fail to note. It is in his look, his speech, his manners and in his reactions. Alas, Modern life will erase out the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back