• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahacharanam - Kallidaikurichi Ancestors - Need Kuladeivam Help

Namaste to all,

Like many friends in this forum, i am also searching my kuladeivam. We are Brahacharanam, Tamil Iyers, Bharadwaja Gothram.

Our ancestors lived in Kallidaikurichi Tirunelveli. (Great Grandfather times). This is all we got to know. Not able to trace any further details.

Please if you can help with dieties that are kuladeivam for brahmins in that village, i can relate to the adstrological findings further.

Not able to get precise information because my father is not around and no male siblings.

If any of you are from Kallidaikurichi origin / nativity please share your kuladeivam diety names so i can try and visit them atleast and check if my ancestors details in the same temples or nearby.

Thank you. Expecting response from you eagerly.

Namaste,

My father side kula deivam is Dharma Sastha .. it should be in and around Melachaval or Keezh chaval.

I could not find the kula deivam temple location. Please help me in finding the temple location..

If you are aware of astrologers /prasnam who help in finding the kula deivam temple, please tell me know ..

email id - [email protected]

Namaste,

My father side kula deivam is Dharma Sastha .. it should be in and around Melachaval or Keezh chaval.

I could not find the kula deivam temple location. Please help me in finding the temple location..

If you are aware of astrologers /prasnam who help in finding the kula deivam temple, please tell me know ..

email id - [email protected]
hi

i heard that many brahmin families from kallidaikuricchi near by ambasamudram / thrirunelveli area...

mainly DHARMA SHASTHA....

Namaste to all,

Like many friends in this forum, i am also searching my kuladeivam. We are Brahacharanam, Tamil Iyers, Bharadwaja Gothram.

Our ancestors lived in Kallidaikurichi Tirunelveli. (Great Grandfather times). This is all we got to know. Not able to trace any further details.

Please if you can help with dieties that are kuladeivam for brahmins in that village, i can relate to the adstrological findings further.

Not able to get precise information because my father is not around and no male siblings.

If any of you are from Kallidaikurichi origin / nativity please share your kuladeivam diety names so i can try and visit them atleast and check if my ancestors details in the same temples or nearby.

Namaskaram
I am also from Kallidai so as my in laws
Our kuladaivam is Sastha Swami Sadaudayar. The temple is only visited by members of kuladaivam and only male members are allowed to visit

Most of the Bharatwaj Gothram Members are the descendent of Lord Sadaudayar and only they have the right to perform the rituals.
Let me know in case you need any help. Please write to [email protected]

Namaste to all,

I endorse the response of Mr Shekarsrini. My mother and in laws are from Kallidai. We are Vadamas and my mother's side and in laws belong to Bharadwaja gothram. Sadavudayar is likely kuladeivam. Another possibility is Nettur Sastha. For my in laws, it is Tirupathi. Hence, it could be any one of them. I suggest you to try for Prasnam.

Namaste to all,

People have moved all the time and so, no place can really be called 'the native place' for anyone. In fact, nobody remembers where grandfathers (on both sides) were from -- leave alone their great grandfathers. Take any family, for example -- such short memory has been the norm in our society through out the centuries by not keeping any kind of historical records other than the oral tradition -- so that there would be no sentimental attachment to any family lineage or the places where the ancestors might have lived and yes, worshipped any form of deity too.

That is the only way people can ensure 'vasudeva kutumbakam', that is, unity of the family with the immediate as well as the larger society around, the nation and international amity and good will.

The 'kula deivam' itself wants that you forget it and go instead for the well-known 'trinity of gods' representing the phenomena of creation, preservation and destruction in a symbolic manner and then go on to transcend even them for the single unifying principle of 'Brahman' as 'manifested' as well as 'unmanifested'. It is time that you pulled yourself out of all that is transient in nature and seek the permanent 'Satchitananda' or 'Parabrahman' -- giving up all 'rupa' and 'nama'!

Latest ads

Back