• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Best of both worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

I think instead of fighting whether it is science or religion, western or eastern let us realize either alone is not sufficient. We need a mix of both in the present very challenging times. One who does not try to adapt to the times is obviously left behind. But here is the trick. How does he adapt. Does he start just mimicking his peers or does he do it a smarter way? Here comes very handy our rich heritage.

Our strong spiritual heritage instead of being seen as an unnecessary baggage should be used to our advantage. No other country in the world has such an head start on spirituality. Should be fritter away that great advantage?

You can chose whatever modern occupation you want to. But while practicing, let the form be pragmatism and the intent be moralism or spiritualism. To the present world the form is very important. The way you say and do things is a lot more important than what you do. It is called packaging.

So for the diehard spiritualists you need to change but not in your inner but in your exterior. Your knowledge is too valuable to get lost by not adapting this way. This I call positive hypocrisy. You are good inside but "normal" or pragmatic outside.

This way you get the best of both worlds. Being in sync with the times and being in sync with yourself. The real pragmatists seem to be happy the way they are. But I think without the spirituality guiding their inner self, I really think they are not having enough of that world.

Last edited:
Sravana Sir,
Your post is in good taste. I fully agree with your view on this matter (because your view is similar to mine).

Compromise is possible if the other side capitulates.Let us take the case between India-Pakistan. It is like India can offer as much in compromise as possible, Pakistan is not going to accept it even if the entire world is with India. This is just a simile I am not calling anybody names.

So in-spite of what Ghandi said showing the other cheek is for the looser.

Sravna..I really admire you.You can really handle heavy duty threads.
That Karma thread was real heavy duty and I had to unwind in Kunjuppu's latest "Why woman gain weight thread".
keep it up!!

I think instead of fighting whether it is science or religion, western or eastern let us realize either alone is not sufficient. We need a mix of both in the present very challenging times. One who does not try to adapt to the times is obviously left behind. But here is the trick. How does he adapt. Does he start just mimicking his peers or does he do it a smarter way? Here comes very handy our rich heritage.

Our strong spiritual heritage instead of being seen as an unnecessary baggage should be used to our advantage. No other country in the world has such an head start on spirituality. Should be fritter away that great advantage?

You can chose whatever modern occupation you want to. But while practicing, let the form be pragmatism and the intent be moralism or spiritualism. To the present world the form is very important. The way you say and do things is a lot more important than what you do. It is called packaging.

So for the diehard spiritualists you need to change but not in your inner but in your exterior. Your knowledge is too valuable to get lost by not adapting this way. This I call positive hypocrisy. You are good inside but "normal" or pragmatic outside.

This way you get the best of both worlds. Being in sync with the times and being in sync with yourself. The real pragmatists seem to be happy the way they are. But I think without the spirituality guiding their inner self, I really think they are not having enough of that world.

Dear Sravna:

I must totally disagree with you.

In matters of FAITH & BELIEF, there can't be TWO ways or BOTH ways... Either you are a Believer or NOT.

Your "packaging" and "positive hypocrisy" evoke an intense feeling of laughter in me! Lol.

The most controversial is your last para:

"This way you get the best of both worlds. Being in sync with the times and being in sync with yourself. The [COLOR=#DA7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#DA7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important]real[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]pragmatists seem to be happy the way they are. But I think without the spirituality guiding their inner self, I really think they are not having enough of that world."

As I wrote before many times, everyone has conscience and "inner self" whether you believe in God or not.. In fact, a FAITH is not required to have a "conscience and the inner self", with which an Atheist can lead a moral and ethical life...

You always tend to hog morality for yourself via your "Spiritualism or Religiosity".. That's your EGO.

That I reject.

More later....

:)

ps. To lead a meaningful life please refer to Yamaka's Ten Commandments in post 617 in Karma Thread. Lol.

Last edited:
Just before I sign of for the day..I feel we dont really even need to have the feeling of the "best of both worlds."

There is always only One world and that's our true self.

As long we are seeing material and spiritualism as two distinct entities we are still having dualistic view and there is bound to be problems.

Everything else that comes along with our true self is nothing but a garment worn through out our existence only to be discarded when our time is up.

Try treating the money and material gained from our work as a reaction to the action we do(our job).
That way of thinking does not distract the mind.
A person who gets carried away by acquired wealth has low self esteem.
A man of virtue will be the same with wealth or without.

Last edited:
Many of the Believers or Spiritualists already lead a compromised life... their jobs and professions are in Science/Engineering and Technology, but their "inner self" is loitering in the halls of Belief & Faith., which is a hypocritical life.

Instead, people like Yamaka and other Atheists, Naturalists, Agnostics have clearer conscience... they lead the life they love and enjoy.

In their life, there is no positive or negative hypocrisy.

It appears that the Believers want to slowly and steadily peel away from their CORE/Dogmatic position.

Fine... welcome.

But Atheists WILL never come to the side of Believing in a Super Natural Power and Janma Poorva Karma!

That's an Anathema, folks.

More later.

Last edited:
Many of the Believers or Spiritualists already lead a compromised life... their jobs and professions are in Science/Engineering and Technology, but their "inner self" is loitering in the halls of Belief & Faith., which is a hypocritical life.

Instead, people like Yamaka and other Atheists, Naturalists, Agnostics have clearer conscience... they lead the life they love and enjoy.

In their life, there is no positive or negative hypocrisy.

It appears that the Believers want to slowly and steadily peel away from their CORE/Dogmatic position.

Fine... welcome.

But Atheists WILL never come to the side of Believing in a Super Natural Power and Janma Poorva Karma!

That's an Anathema, folks.

More later.

Dear Shri Y,

The important word is positive hypocrisy used by Shri Sravna, I will say. That is possible only for those who believe in God and also religion. Sravna, imho, mixes religion, spirituality, reality & unreality and so many more concepts which lend certain apparent "weight"; but I have not found him come down to the earth level and explain in simple terms, whatever his idea/s may be.

In this case what he says is enjoy all the comforts, conveniences, pleasures and advantages arising out of science and the materialistic view of the universe—a view which does not relegate anything to God but feels Man must be able to crack the code, but side by side, do whatever you feel necessary so that you can self-hypnotize yourself as a very devout and pious person lest you lose the chance of entering the heaven or merging with the supreme, unconditioned Reality, if at last piety is the criterion for those things. This reminds me of the saying பாலுக்கும் காவல் பூனைக்கும் தோழன்

And unusually LOL :)

.... This I call positive hypocrisy.
Really sravna, positive hypocrisy???

Some synonyms for hypocrisy -- "bad faith, bigotry, cant, deceit, deception, dishonesty, duplicity, falsity, fraud, insincerity, irreverence, lie, phoniness". What can be positive about any of these?

...you are good inside but "normal" or pragmatic outside.
So, when you are "good" inside, you are being abnormal, unpragmatic?

sravna, have you been smoking weed or something :), really???

Cheers!

Shri Yamaka, Shri Sangom and Shri Nara,

I used the word positive hypocrisy because, tell me what do hypocrites do? Their actions and words do not reflect their intentions. The actual definiton which I got from a popular online dictionary is this:

"The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness"

What I suggested for those who cannot give up their values and hence cannot get along in the modern world is to profess pragmatism but be true to your values at heart.

In real hypocrisy, something good is projected when in reality it is not. In this case something wordly wise, is projected when in reality you are not really wordly wise. Might sound weird. But I think it is necessary and even sufficient if you adapt your behavior in this way.

For the real pragmatists: you should try out spiritual ways as there should be something in it when so many people as I personally do, experience that extra peace that none of materialist inventions can offer.

Why do we need to integrate? When I meet my non-hindu friends I do not disparage their religion. Similarly non-believe in God is also a religion. So we can live peacefully. If Sangom invites me to his home I will not mention God/religion etc. Similarly if he visits and has to face all religious symbols he would I hope tolerate them.

I have republican friends, i do not question their motives. But I have more similarity with Democrats. So the conversation is always knowing the audience. Sometimes the bias comes out, and we try to cork the conversation.

It is not possible to change opinions when both sides think they know best.

Just before I sign of for the day..I feel we dont really even need to have the feeling of the "best of both worlds."

There is always only One world and that's our true self.

As long we are seeing material and spiritualism as two distinct entities we are still having dualistic view and there is bound to be problems.

Everything else that comes along with our true self is nothing but a garment worn through out our existence only to be discarded when our time is up.

Try treating the money and material gained from our work as a reaction to the action we do(our job).
That way of thinking does not distract the mind.
A person who gets carried away by acquired wealth has low self esteem.
A man of virtue will be the same with wealth or without.

Dear Renuka,

External wordly behavior is something like an illusion when you have spiritualism inside you. Right?

Dear Renuka,

External wordly behavior is something like an illusion when you have spiritualism inside you. Right?

Dear Sravna,

I am going to answer that rather differently.
See the way you put it makes it sound rather Bipolar as if inside is different from outside.

Ok let me put it this way..why does Spirituality always need to be inside?
Isnt Spirituality all pervading in us like how sugar uniformly pervades a sweet cake?

When spirituality pervades our thought word and deed there is no duality of external and internal anymore.

I feel as we progress in life spiritually we tend to "discard" what we feel we don't need too much.
I am sure many of us have discarded certain habits or cravings that just fell off on its own without any suppression.
I dont know my level at the spiritual scale but dont know why off late I dont seem to be interested to read the newspaper its as if I have some aversion to it?
Weird..but dont know why this is happening.

Dear Renuka,

Sri Sravna,

I agree with this.

External wordly behavior is absolutely like an illusion. We tend to behave, think and act depending on the environment we find in ourself from time to time
. Many a times we tend to accept and get along to keep our friends happy (for example, dinning with them with our vegie stuff while others eating non.veg etc...etc..). Many of us tend to behave differently (not on negative side) to be part of the gathering and tend to speak something different that suits the occassion to keep our friends happy.

But reality in us is our inner self that remains intact and are trengthened with our personal values, priniciples and spiritual practices.

This is how I could relate your term "Positive Hypocrisy". A hypocratical approach that would neither hurt/decieve others nor would restrict onself from being pragmatic.

Sri Sravna, I believe the same as you do. The outside world is what and where we live, by what we learn and adopt to suit the outside word. Everything outside our innerself/coscious is an illusion, having spirituality inside us. IMO, thats the only reason that we can make an attempt towards geting rid of delusion and realize the highest consciousness through our innerself.

The search and efforts are inside us in real and can be kept intact with clear realization and firm belief in GOD and Spirituality.

The rest outside are illusion. The force of which can nover be down played in terms of its impact in distracting us and lead us to delusion.

Thus as you said, a person who is in synch with his/her spiritual inner self and external wordly illusion can enjoy the essence of inner and outer self and can help oneself from being self destructive.

Sri Sravna,

I agree with this.

External wordly behavior is absolutely like an illusion. We tend to behave, think and act depending on the environment we find in ourself from time to time
. Many a times we tend to accept and get along to keep our friends happy (for example, dinning with them with our vegie stuff while others eating non.veg etc...etc..). Many of us tend to behave differently (not on negative side) to be part of the gathering and tend to speak something different that suits the occassion to keep our friends happy.

But reality in us is our inner self that remains intact and are trengthened with our personal values, priniciples and spiritual practices.

This is how I could relate your term "Positive Hypocrisy". A hypocratical approach that would neither hurt/decieve others nor would restrict onself from being pragmatic.

Sri Sravna, I believe the same as you do. The outside world is what and where we live, by what we learn and adopt to suit the outside word. Everything outside our innerself/coscious is an illusion, having spirituality inside us. IMO, thats the only reason that we can make an attempt towards geting rid of delusion and realize the highest consciousness through our innerself.

The search and efforts are inside us in real and can be kept intact with clear realization and firm belief in GOD and Spirituality.

The rest outside are illusion. The force of which can nover be down played in terms of its impact in distracting us and lead us to delusion.

Thus as you said, a person who is in synch with his/her spiritual inner self and external wordly illusion can enjoy the essence of inner and outer self and can help oneself from being self destructive.

Dear Ravi,

Now i get a clearer picture of what Sravna meant.

Dear respected and learned members,

Nature or God, whatever power gave to us the phenomenon we call as "Life", has created only the external world for all of us as common and experience-able, at least during the time period called "Life span"; there is at least no similar common "internal world" as far as anyone knows.

Hence, if at all there is any objective for this life, like attaining the "Brahman" or "evolving spiritually" (as if climbing a very long staircase), or whatever else, those tasks have to be done through living and performing actions in, and through the experiences we gain from this world, this external world; nature would have definitely opened out one common "internal world" for all of us to experience, if its intention was that the so-called spirituality etc., are to be experienced through the medium of that internal world.

The relgionists and the priesthood of the religions cleverly brought in this idea of an internal world and some such allied concepts because otherwise they would never have been able to succeed with religious indoctrination of the people. In the case of Hinduism, especially, the rig veda, and following that, the other vedas too, deal with very many imaginary deities and their actions, and so the speculative nature is very high in Hinduism.

The situation is very similar to the two rustics who were obviously staunch believers in everything religious, and finding themselves with no job and no income, started on a journey to the forest to do “Tapas” and make the God (of their respective choices) appear in person, ask for boon and all that. On reaching the forest, they sat down near to each other. One of them said he would ask his God for a cow and, with that, he would gradually enlarge his dairy and become rich; the second fellow, impelled by jealousy, said he would ask for a tiger from his God and make it eat the other fellow’s very first cow itself. They came to blows and returned home, both seriously wounded !

This is what happens between different religions also, I think; one religion’s God trying to upstage another’s and the different religions nursing a deep antipathy towards one another. The idea of the inner world, spiritual growth through the inner world, etc., are all fanciful notions. Let us all try to unify our external personality and internal identity and live in harmony with the only world allowed to us by nature, and in harmony with the people all around us. We will then be able to build the (imaginary) heaven on this earth itself, without the help of any religion.

The following is an extract from this post (http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/religion/7362-excerpts-dialogue-guru-6.html#post101788).

“After several years, Sri Shantananda of Pudukkottai (Sri Bhuvaneshwari Adhishthanam) became the disciple of Swami Swayamprakashananda. According to his Guru\\\'s instructions, he came to Kanchipuram to perform Srividya Purashcharana. His Guru reminded him of Amba\\\'s instruction and told him to accept bhiksha only at the residence of Sri Kamakoti Shastrigal (Sri Vedamurti Shastrigal had attained Siddhi by then). Sri Shantananda came to Kanchi and began to spend his entire day in the Sannidhi of Sri Kamakshi, immersed in Japa. Sri Kamakoti Shastrigal noticed the rare brilliance in the naked avadhuta and requested him to accept Bhiksha. Swamiji, who had not eaten anything for a week by then, enquired who he was. On hearing his name, Kamakoti, he immediately agreed to accept Bhiksha at his residence. He would eat one ball of rice from the hands of Sri Kamakoti Shastrigal and wipe his hands on his long matted locks. After a month, one morning Shastrigal heard the sound of numerous bells from the Sannidhi of Amba. When he rushed to the temple, he found Swamiji in a state of Samadhi and Amba\\\'s earring was in his hands. Sri Kamakshi had blessed Swami Shantananda and had graced him with Mantra Siddhi. Swamiji, according to instructions from Sri Kamakshi, established a beautiful temple dedicated to Sri Bhuvaneshwari in Pudukkottai. Whenever Swamiji visited Kanchi, he blessed Sri Kamakoti Shastrigal and his family by accepting bhiksha from them. During one such visit, he narrated an incident, \\\'Kamakoti, I was trying to see through my Yogic powers if there really is a self-realized master in physical form currently. I was guided to visit Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati in Sringeri by Sri Bhuvaneshwari. To personally test his realization, I went to Sringeri and sat outside the temple of Sri Sharada. I lay there for three days and no one took notice. On the third day, when I began to leave, an attendant of Mahasannidhanam came running and informed me that Jagadguru wanted to see me. Surprised, I followed him and reached a dark room. It was an empty room and in the middle of the room was seated a frail Yati, whose brilliance seemed superior to that of the Sun. He stared at me and his sight induced shaktipata in me. In seconds, I was in the state of Samadhi. He is the foremost of Jnanis in physical form currently. He is the true Jivanmukta. He will shed his mortal frame in the next few months. Have his Darshan before that\\\'. Sri Kamakoti Shastrigal at once decided to visit Sringeri. The income that he received from the temple was next to nothing. In fact, the temple was in such a bad state that Shastrigal had a big problem offering even Naivedyam to Amba. He would offer whatever he had in his house and because of this, his family spent days without food. As Smt Saroja Mami recollects, \\\'once we were in a very bad financial state and someone gave Mama some dakshina. He immediately bought some grains, made prasadam, offered it to Amba and distributed it to devotees. Family, children, and society - everything was secondary to Kamakshi. Kamakshi was his mother, Guru, friend and child. He took care of her and she always took care of him\\\'. With great difficulty, he managed to reach Sringeri. But Mahasannidhanam was in the state of Samadhi then and there was no saying when he would return to bahirmukha avasthA. Sri Shastrigal requested H H Sri Abhinava Vidya Tirtha Swamigal, the junior Acharya then, to grant him Darshan of Mahasannidhanam. The next day, when Acharya went to pay his customary respects to his Guru, Mahasannidhanam at once opened his eyes and said, \\\'Kamakshi\\\'s child had come to see me. Bring him\\\'. Acharya at once summoned Kamakoti Shastrigal to the holy presence of Sri Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati Mahaswamigal. Shastrigal performed dirgha danda pranama to the two Acharyas and offered a picture of Sri Kamakshi and tirtha prasada to Mahasannidhanam. The great Jivanmukta, like a child hugging a long lost mother, grabbed the photo, held it close to his heart and tears of joy began to flow from his eyes. After a while he said, \\\'You have brought me great joy. The only lack I have had in this life is of not seeing Sri Kamakshi with this charma chakshu. There is nothing dearer to me than Arya Shataka. Amba has blessed me finally with this photograph and fulfilled my wish. You have given me a photo of my Devata and I will give you your upAsya. shArada is none but Bala\\\'. Saying so, Mahasannidhanam blessed Sri Shastrigal with his lotus hands and gave him a rare photograph of Sri Sharada Parameshwari with a serpent on her crown. This photograph adorns the puja mandira of Sri Shastrigal to this day.”

Here you see a supposedly great Acharya who has been certified by another Swamiji, as the foremost of Jnanis in physical form and a true Jeevanmukta - FJTJ (see highlighted portion). This FJTJ could see that a particular person whom he describes as “Kamakshi’s Child”, had come to see him even though he was reportedly in a state of Samadhi. (I personally find it difficult to believe both the Samadhi story and that the swamiji could clearly describe the particular person who had come to see him.) Nevertheless, and assuming for argument’s sake the post as true, it is stated that this person had one great unfulfilled desire and that was seeing the Goddess Kamakshi with his physical eyes (charma chakshu, it is said). And he felt that this desire of his was adequately fulfilled by viewing a photo (two-dimensional) of that idol which was presented to him. The FJTJ had thus to depend only on his physical eyes and could not depend on his Divya Chakshus to have a glimpse of the idol installed in the Kanchi temple. To add to the comic aspect of the whole incident, this FJTJ is stated to have said “shArada is none but Bala”. For a person of such high authority to pronounce that Sarada is none other than Bala, is it impossible to understand that Sarada, Bala, Kamakshi, all are one? Here lies the truth, according to me – even these FJTJs cannot do anything more than revere the mere physical forms like idols, icons and photographs; these physical entities are the only reality even for the so-called spiritually very high persons, all the rest are figment of imagination only.

I will, therefore, request all youngsters at least, to ponder over the above and accept the physical reality as the only one and try to make this world and the lives of all of us, better, and not to waste their energies and time in the pursuit of the spiritual, internal, etc., mirages.

I would request all the youngsters to be in spirituality in a certain simplistic ways atleast, experience the purest inner self, identify the God within onself and lead a better and balanced life. Not to get crazy with the outside world to the extent of losing onself mentally and physically.

I would request all the youngsters to visit temples at least once in a week, be in meditatiion for few minutes and allways try to reckon with the purest consciousness within onself.

I would reiterate to all the youngsters to spare few minutes as possible for spirituality that would no way make them lose their valuable time and energy that all are in dedication towards achievement and fulfillment of the wordly matters.

"I will, therefore, request all youngsters at least, to ponder over the above and accept the physical reality as the only one and try to make this world and the lives of all of us, better, and not to waste their energies and time in the pursuit of the spiritual, internal, etc., mirages." - Sangom post# 15

Very well said...

Oh, my dear youngsters, do not waste your time and energies in accepting the mirages and the confused FANTASIES and ILLUSIONS of Spirits, Gods and Religions. They bring out only conflicts and mayhem.

Always ask, "Why, why not, and how" things happen. Have a simple RATIONAL approach to life...

Cheers.

Faith, Hope, Love. Three essentials emotionally that compell us to continue on. Life is ever evolving ever changing, to remove ones self from this lifelong story board would be like ending a movie in the middle of the story.

Hope is what keeps us going, looking forward to tomorrow, to something good just around the bend. There is a old saying, "Smile and the world smiles with you - cry and you cry alone"?
"What you can do and what you cannot do outside is always a question of capability. But when it comes to the inside it is just a question of willingness."

Give the children necessary tools, and let them decide.

"Only when you are truly happy, you can be concerned about somebody. When you are unhappy you are only concerned about yourself."

I would advise youngsters never to wait till old age to pursue spirituality.
When we acquire every other knowledge during youth,why the quest for spirituality needs to be postponed till old age?

There is no harm paying attention to our spiritual side which will aid the challenges in this dog eat dog world.

Most important youngsters should always keep an open mind and be able to handle any onslaught.

When I was younger as a teen I made sure to read even about other religions so that we can handle them when they question us about Hinduism.

Always have this question in mind..Why, why not, and how" things happen. Have a simple Rational approach to life...

With this question in mind we can gain more spiritual insight and not blindly follow without any understanding.
Without understanding, our foundation of religion is weak.

Thats when our mind becomes confused and we get disappointed when things dont turn out the way we hope and many abandon believe in God and even join TB forum to spread their new found understanding which is nothing but an orthodox view of "I am right and you are wrong" syndrome.

FANTASIES and ILLUSIONS are part of the human psychology.
We all imagine on daily basis...imagination and fantasies are the basis for the creative mind.
When we have a fantasy and vision we start to become more pro active.
Man fantasized to fly when he saw a bird and we have the aeroplane.

Dont be afraid of even a delusion or illusion..after all when we get near to it sometimes we realize it was just a rope and not a snake in the dark cos God will guide us to make the correct judgement finally.

We wont end up like "Piddi jaissa choohaa Dum pakda toh nikla kala naag"(A tiny little mouse,when I caught the tail, turned out to be a black snake)

So we dont have to Bhaag Bhaag!!!(run run)

Last edited:
Watch out dear sravna, soon you may find yourself elevated to godman status, entrusted with the divine vision of guiding youngsters in their hypocritical spiritual ways, i.e. spiritual inside, materialistic outside.

However, given the earnestness and sincerity I see in your posting, you won't last long as a godman where your competition is going to be Kalkis, Babas, Anandas, Sri Sri Sris, and Yogis of all kind.

Cheers!

Dear Shri Nara,

Thanks for cautioning me:) But it is sad that godmen have earned notoriety as a whole. They were really some gems in the past who truly had the interest of the society in mind.

I would advise youngsters never to wait till old age to pursue spirituality.
When we acquire every other knowledge during youth,why the quest for spirituality needs to be postponed till old age?

There is no harm paying attention to our spiritual side which will aid the challenges in this dog eat dog world.

Most important youngsters should always keep an open mind and be able to handle any onslaught.

When I was younger as a teen I made sure to read even about other religions so that we can handle them when they question us about Hinduism.

Always have this question in mind..Why, why not, and how" things happen. Have a simple Rational approach to life...

With this question in mind we can gain more spiritual insight and not blindly follow without any understanding.
Without understanding, our foundation of religion is weak.

Thats when our mind becomes confused and we get disappointed when things dont turn out the way we hope and many abandon believe in God and even join TB forum to spread their new found understanding which is nothing but an orthodox view of "I am right and you are wrong" syndrome.

FANTASIES and ILLUSIONS are part of the human psychology.
We all imagine on daily basis...imagination and fantasies are the basis for the creative mind.
When we have a fantasy and vision we start to become more pro active.
Man fantasized to fly when he saw a bird and we have the aeroplane.

Dont be afraid of even a delusion or illusion..after all when we get near to it sometimes we realize it was just a rope and not a snake in the dark cos God will guide us to make the correct judgement finally.

We wont end up like "Piddi jaissa choohaa Dum pakda toh nikla kala naag"(A tiny little mouse,when I caught the tail, turned out to be a black snake)

So we dont have to Bhaag Bhaag!!!(run run)

I fully endorse this view. I would also advise to be weary of naysayers. They will destroy the faith in Humanity, for their personal satisfaction, Please give them wide berth.

You have to have open mind, but wider knowledge. Always be inquisitive, and ever vigilant.

it was just a rope and not a snake in the dark cos God will guide us to make the correct judgement finally.

God is non-existent... he/she is the product of human FEAR and/or Superstition!

That's the key that youngsters should realize.

Believing in GOD need not be there for anybody young or old....what's needed is RATIONALITY..

Wait & watch.

Last edited:
Dear Shri Nara,

Thanks for cautioning me:) But it is sad that godmen have earned notoriety as a whole. They were really some gems in the past who truly had the interest of the society in mind.

Interest in the Society....

In Sep 2007, I left my son at Stanford, CA for his undergraduate education... he was raised in a very Secular environment. He never had any Religious or Spiritual education. Practically he was raised as an Atheist.

When I left, I told him "Kid, Don't get into problems; focus on your studies"... nearly the same advice my parents gave me June 1967 when I went to Madura College, Madurai, TN.

After about 6 weeks, when I visited the Stanford Campus Newspaper online, I saw his picture with a huge banner on his shoulder reading, "Where are our Rights...?" heralding a huge crowd of university employees.

I called and asked him, "What's going on?". This is what he said, "I am in PRAGMATIC SOLIDARITY with the Poor and the Voiceless; Stanford has not been treating the new immigrant employees right.... I am fighting for their RIGHTS... I am marching with them to see the Provost".

I asked, "Can't the Seniors take care of it?"

"No, Dad, I need to do my part... I just can't wait for others do theirs...because we all have our duties"

I murmured under my breath, "Yes, I raised him well as a full fledged citizen".

He is today living among one of the rural Haitians to understand their problems!

Where's God in all this?

Dear Renuka,

Dear SravnaJi,

I feel when one truly had spiritualism inside, it will also show on the outside and by ones external world behaviour. One will be like the lotus surrounded and on the mud but never touched/marred by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back