• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bad news for parents of marriageable boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
How representative are the feelings portrayed in the show applicable across the 'structured society' of India?
I think the show will have communicated better balance if it included married girls and those with children as well.

Most unmarried people are ready to make anything up in theoretical possibilities

hi sir,

thanks....nice show....very practical and trend of modern era....really emotional sometimes...

I thought only some tambram consider FIL and MIL as Raghu and Kethu but most other girls too think like that!! :lol:

There are some more code words like 'luggage' and 'extra fittings' also to refer to in-laws. :sad:

peNNaip petravarthAn adhrushtasAligaL!! :peace:

For newly weds to have a comfortable happy marriage..stay a comfortable distance from both one's own parents and inlaws so that no one is influenced by their conflicting views.
Stay far enough to avoid trouble but close enough to help if they need help.

I have not seen the video, but generally, I do not vibe with anybody who do not respect elders - parents, in-laws, whoever...

Men are from the Mars and women are from the Venus. Perhaps in Venus they make women out of unipolar magnets and send them to earth. So all of them with only like poles repel each other and are always at conflict with each other when in close proximity. The last two words I added as the escape chute in case there is going to be intense gunfire from the F members here. LOL.

In our extended circle of relatives, a couple told their son and d i l that they will NOT baby sit even for one day!

Their duty is over after raising their only son! :cool:

So, now a days, the in laws are also 'enlightened'!! :)

we are all products of big joint families. we need to accept the new realities and aspirations of new working women and men constituting nuclear familly and their desire for privacy and keeping equi distance from parents and inlaws. old fathers[including inlaw] accept it mothers[including inlaws] cannot keep away from sons. even when newly married become nuclear families , the parents would still like to oversee their operations for various reasons.

even enlightened parents have a hang up about sons. when will these oldies learn to be self sufficient and stop going near children and offer unsolicited help to them. only God can prevent abuse of old parents.

In our extended circle of relatives, a couple told their son and d i l that they will NOT baby sit even for one day!

Their duty is over after raising their only son! :cool:

So, now a days, the in laws are also 'enlightened'!! :)
I feel they were sensible and avoided getting exploited by their children. A lesson for other oldies in this forum

For newly weds to have a comfortable happy marriage..stay a comfortable distance from both one's own parents and inlaws so that no one is influenced by their conflicting views.
Stay far enough to avoid trouble but close enough to help if they need help.
how far is far?

how much distance for girls parents and how much for boys parents.

It is a fact that, women would desire that her daughter should become much deep in Love with her husband and she relishes. But if it comes to her Son-- she would be somewhat biased & would feel that the Son does not come under the full control/ grip of her Son, lest she would feel let down ? these are psycologies of a women.
I have observed that the Son/ daughter living in U.S. have developed the habit of conversing with respective parents , and sometimes with In=laws as well very frequently, . This can reduce the un-called for mental conflict of Mothers.
rishikesan

May be some 30 mins away?
Out here we are a small country so a 30 min drive is not that far away.
I was joking.
it is normal for boys parents to stay with son and girls parents a little distance away . with families going nuclear and girls becoming wage earners,, they prefer to stay near their own parents and avoid staying with inlaws.
this trend is more prevalent in south.TB girls are turning the boys parents into outcastes and pushing helpless inlaws to retirement homes.
this is not a welcome change.

hi

i heard in this episode...one lady said that EVEN A LADY CAN LIVE WITHOUT HUSBAND....BUT SHE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIS SON...

see the modern trend...

Last edited:
There are some more code words like 'luggage' and 'extra fittings' also to refer to in-laws. :sad:

peNNaip petravarthAn adhrushtasAligaL!! :peace:

hi

அன்று சொன்னார்கள்..........ஐந்து பெண்ணை பெற்றவன் அரசனும் ஆண்டி ஆனான் என்று...

ஆனால் இன்று .....................ஐந்து பெண்ணை பெற்றவன் ஆண்டியும் அரசன் மாதிரி வாழலாம் ....

இது தான் காலத்தின் கட்டயாம்........

how far is far?

how much distance for girls parents and how much for boys parents.
Oh! Krish Sir,

Don't you really know that? It is an apartment in the same building or in the next street for girl's parents and may be

the next city or state for the boy's parents!

Now that many young guys are settled abroad, oldies have no other choice than to stay in their own house / flat or

in a good senior citizen's resort! :lol:

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

I don't think it is a bad news for parents. They are aware of the mind set of mod.girls who wish to talk to husband adding 'dA' and

also need total privacy 24 x 7 x 365.25! Many oldies especially mAmis living in Sing. Chennai have their own groups and roam
around to some place or the other, at least once in a month! The trip organizers are just minting money! :popcorn:

Heard somewhere.

Q to lady: What kind of son you want?
A by lady: Just like my husband.
Q: Why?
A: Then he will be attached more to his mother like my husband.

hi

i heard in this episode...one lady said that EVEN A LADY CAN LIVE WITHOUT HUSBAND....BUT SHE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIS SON...

see the modern trend...

Last edited:
Dear all, You all have explained the factual position prevailing in the last about 10 years. Do we confirm that the Wife rules over her husband,, wherever She may live, in India or U.S. ? In our comments we conveniently forget about the Parents of both Boys & Girls? Can these parents jointly think of coming closer in the larger interest of entire families ? Because the reason that Parents do willingly visit to enjoy with the New- born, by taking turns. ,why not utilize the better relations& come up with their Jt. efforts to form a BRIDGE so that all the 4 & the grand children can enjoy by mutual visits in India.?
I wish that the members of this Forum, living in U.S & those in India, having practical experience for themselves come out with useful/ & workable/ Practical means to ensure unity of old parents on both sides.& have mutual co=operation , it can avoid desertion on one side & other side enjoying at their cost ?
Rishikesan

It is a fact that baby sitters are needed in the U S of A only till the kids are able to take care of themselves.

By the time the kids grow up, the grandparents will also be old enough not to take a days journey by flight.

BTW, one of my friends asked me whether to settle in Sing. Chennai leaving the life abroad since the grand kids

are grown up and the medical expenses are much more compared to that in India! That is the real position. :sad:

Heard somewhere.

Q to lady: What kind of son you want?
A by lady: Just like my husband.
A: Then he will be attached more to his mother like my husband.
This is better!

Q to lady: Do you want a son or daughter?

A: Of course a daughter!

A: Then only she will be like me, supporting ONLY her parents!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back