• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Annual shraddam tithi date

you have to open your panchangam . see in the month of markali=thanur month. see see sukla patcham dwitiya thithi . from new moon to full moon sukla patcham. from full moon to new moon krishna patcham.
see 16th december = 1st markali dwithiyai thithi and it is sukla patcham. Then see in the sraa thithi= sradha thithi. It is written there as dwi=dwithiyai thithi. that is all . you have to do father"s annual ceremony on 16th december 2020.

Namaskaram Sri Gopalan avarhale!
There is a small confusion in the family & some are saying that since there is adhikaar maasam this year, my father's tithi should come in January next year & not in December as calculated by you.
Can you please clarify this doubt?
Thanks and regards.

Namaskaram Sri Gopalan avarhale!
There is a small confusion in the family & some are saying that since there is adhikaar maasam this year, my father's tithi should come in January next year & not in December as calculated by you.
Can you please clarify this doubt?
Thanks and regards.
Since you quote adhikar maasam(or adhika masam) you are following hindu calendar and not tamil Calendar and hence as per that the date you specified will be equivalent month of thai in tamil (pausa/pushya/magara in different regions) and in 2018 to 2019 also there was adhika masam and hence it should not be taken as dhanur that is marghali in tamil. So that year pushya/magara started in 5th January 2019 and your father passed away on 7th January 2019.

So as per this calculation the month of pushya/magara starts in 13th January 2021 and the thithi comes in 15th January 2021

I am not an expert but interested in these kind of calculation and hence every year I calculate accordingly and specifically the year comes with adhika month (because particularly telugu people based in TN always confuse with it)

For this I wanted to give two reference from this site itself in the next reply. You may act accordingly.

Last edited:

Even with the quote of this adhiga month I have given in one thread about doubt on rama Navami

Thank you so much for your quick & detailed explanation, Sri Gopalan avarhale. Shall surely share this with my elders.
Pranam & thanks once again.

Latest ads

Back