• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Annoying habits unique to Tambrams!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Servall

Folks:

Can you tell us any annoying habits that are unique to Tambrams whether in India or away?

Let me start with mine first:

1. I get on a flight and this very religious man takes a seat next to me. I respect him for his faith in the religion!! But throughout the flight the dude keeps reciting all the mantras and slokams loud that he ever learnt as if he expects the flight to crash anytime....hello, do you know something that even the pilot doesnt know? It makes me creepy..can I tell you my friends that your chances of dying are more on the ground than on the flight?

2. Have you seen people walking into a temple or public functions and conveniently ignore the sign "Please keep your footwear here"? They shake like Michael Jackson for a couple of seconds, and leave their slippers wherever they land. It is so funny when everyone is leaving, to watch this guy looking for the other cheppal for 10 minutes!!!

3. This one is for our ladies: When I invite you to my house for a dinner party (with no occasion in mind, and you know it) please do not be so generous to bring me a gift. The gift you bring, you know it is totally useless for me, and I know you want to get rid of it. The chances are, it might end up back in your house next time you invite me!!!! A simple thank you is fine, or how about a case of beer!!!!!

Come on people....lets go.

I'm not sure if this is a just a tb thing...i think its an Indian thing. I wish they would wear deodorant and colognes...aftershaves, perfumes, scents. Both genders but especially the men.

Dear Servall

Very interesting topic indeed!

I find the following to be a very annoying habit of Tamilbrahmins - giving 'blouse piece cloth' along with kungumam and வெற்றிலைப்பாக்கு. Is anyone really getting them stitched and wearing them??? Why follow this useless, age old practise?

This poor 'blouse piece' gets passed on to various people only to be passed over to another yet again! Atleast they could give cash or any other useful item!

Kind regards

Yes cash is useful. But as a child I loved going to other tb peoples houses fro Navratri. I loved getting those mirrors and combs. I collect them all..........and never used them! lol

Couple more:

1. Why is it that we tambra males always choose to walk ahead of our wives about half a kilometer when we walk together? May be the scientists in the forum can explain. Is it our DNA or that the genes in tambra males somehow sense that our wives are behind us and WE HAVE to walk ahead of them?

2. Have you noticed how the males get romantic all of a sudden and want to hold our wives' hands? Then the wives withdraw as if they got an electric shock and invariably make this comment:
ஆமாம் இது ஒண்டிதான் ஒங்களுக்கு பாக்கி; வயசு வந்த குசந்தை எல்லாம் பாக்கறா' போய் ஆம்பளை கிட்ட பேசுங்கோ...

Couple more:

1. Why is it that we tambra males always choose to walk ahead of our wives about half a kilometer when we walk together? May be the scientists in the forum can explain. Is it our DNA or that the genes in tambra males somehow sense that our wives are behind us and WE HAVE to walk ahead of them?

2. Have you noticed how the males get romantic all of a sudden and want to hold our wives' hands? Then the wives withdraw as if they got an electric shock and invariably make this comment:
ஆமாம் இது ஒண்டிதான் ஒங்களுக்கு பாக்கி; வயசு வந்த குசந்தை எல்லாம் பாக்கறா' போய் ஆம்பளை கிட்ட பேசுங்கோ...

1)Believe me its not a TB problem..its a problem all around the world.My husband does that all the time...I think most males of any race do that.
You know how to make males walk behind wifes??
Place landmines and all males will send wifes first and walk behind her.

2)Hey this I cant understand some woman..why push away husband?
If he holds another woman's hand also its wrong and if he holds wife's hand also its wrong??
You know what will give such women 240V atrial fibrillation inducing electric shock??? when they see hubby holding another GUY'S hand!!!

I find many a times when two ladies meet they talk the prides of them and the momnet they part,they commnet to oters taht 'Rombathan Peethikira'
Alwan

Dear Servall

Very interesting topic indeed!

I find the following to be a very annoying habit of Tamilbrahmins - giving 'blouse piece cloth' along with kungumam and வெற்றிலைப்பாக்கு. Is anyone really getting them stitched and wearing them??? Why follow this useless, age old practise?

This poor 'blouse piece' gets passed on to various people only to be passed over to another yet again! Atleast they could give cash or any other useful item!

Kind regards
It is not only the blouse pieces that keeps on changing hands, even the gift articles given during navarathri changes hands frequently. very few gifts stay with the receiver. It is better cash is given avoiding all other gifts.

One annoying thing that I would like to add here
whenever a preparation of non vegetarian dish is shown in the TV the women folk will act as if a crime is taking place

That reminds me : I love watching cookery programmes like Nigella or any Indian ones even though they are cooking NV, i will watch it if i happen to catch the programme. I dunno why i even bother. Its not like I'm gonna make it anyway :).

Are we talking about mannerisms. How much space Praveen will have to allocate. In craiglist list in your town there is column just for venting.

I do when Indian criticize some indian practice in a mixed group. It hurts my Indian pride. To a new person of non indian origin you are an ambassador india, religion, state, culture, etc. Please present in the best light. Among friends we do vent.

That reminds me : I love watching cookery programmes like Nigella or any Indian ones even though they are cooking NV, i will watch it if i happen to catch the programme. I dunno why i even bother. Its not like I'm gonna make it anyway :).

I watch all types of cooking shows and you know you can just substitute the Non Veg with some soya nuggets and you have a new veg dish.

we are unnecessarily bothered about the above mentioned habits which are not unique only with *******. Most of the old sampradayams are fading away. The days are not far away to host online Navarathri Bommai Kolu. People can rest in peace without offering or getting a blouse piece then.

Irrespective of caste and religions, there are some habits which cause a lot of embarrassment and inconvenience to people around. we should really bothered about such habits.

1) Sitting in the front row window seat and spitting the Ghutka

2) Sneezing or coughing on the faces of people around

3) cleaning the nose awkwardly in public gaze

4) Yawning and burping with indecent sounds

5) hanging at the foot boards of public transports without allowing others to get in or get out.

If such above habits are done away with, that will help people a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back