• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Angapradakshinam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renukaji,

Women should hence forth be banned from doing yoga (particularly if they are wearing yoga pants). Please quote any shastra to show women are allowed to do yoga. Women are only allowed to bear and rear children and possibly get fat as a result.

And yes.

1) In marriages only the women should tie the Thali (mangalsutra) around the neck of men. And men should faithfully wear it for ever until the death of the spouse. The current practice of men tying a mangalsutra around a woman's neck is discriminatory and should be dispensed with.

2) The womens' change rooms in all Railway stations, Airports, theatres, bus stations etc., should have just a urine bowl similar to the one used by men. All ladies should have the right to use these bowls just as men use them standing before them. Now there is discrimination in this area. Women have to sit and do it. They are denied the freedom to stand and do it on the go.

3) All men should be compelled to wear bra because at present women wear bra and it is discriminatory.

I can write a few more suggestions. But I do not want to get on the wrong side of the moderator here.

Why should a women do angapradakshanam? She could just prostrate before her husband in private and get all the punyas of seven lives. She could even do "Kokkendru ninaithaaya konganava?" due to paativrtyam. Why forego the easy way of being servile to the hubby and opt for rolling on hard stones in front of everybody?

Even god will not give moksha to the lady who does not obey her husband and will allot her one more janma as a woman as a punishment so that she may understand the greatness of males.

Can someone please tell me whether it is appropriate for women, of any age, to perform Angapradakshinam in temples?

Rgds
apsarathy

There will be umpteen number of interpretations and justification since the question is about appropriateness based on some traditions. Between varied traditions within variety of TB families and people making up their own views there will not be a consensus here. In TB families, I have not heard of women doing Angapradakshinam. I have seen women (not TB ) do this in Mariamman temple (near Trichy) and other amman temples. It is very moving sight to see someone's total shraddha in how they express their "surrender" to their God(dess).

If the idea of doing Angapradakshinam is viewed as a only an expression of "Bhakthi" even for a transaction purposes (like I want to have a child etc), then no permission is needed from anyone.

To bring this to a closure,

Yes, it wont be hurting for the males if a koupeenam or an appropriate undergarment(not the vadivelu type) is worn while doing the pradakshinam. LOL.

Dear Vaagmi Ji,

Thank you for reply...the thought of whether was its painful or not was dangling in my mind!LOL

Renukaji,

Women should hence forth be banned from doing yoga (particularly if they are wearing yoga pants). Please quote any shastra to show women are allowed to do yoga. Women are only allowed to bear and rear children and possibly get fat as a result.

Dear Biswa Ji,

Thank you for opening my eyes previously clouded by the cataract of ignorance.

Thank you for guiding me..I was waiting for a male to guide me about this.

Yes..true..I agree we females should not take even one step without asking permission from a male.

How bad I feel today that when I was born I took my first breath without asking a male permission.

May God forgive me for my error!LOL

2) The womens' change rooms in all Railway stations, Airports, theatres, bus stations etc., should have just a urine bowl similar to the one used by men. All ladies should have the right to use these bowls just as men use them standing before them. Now there is discrimination in this area. Women have to sit and do it. They are denied the freedom to stand and do it on the go.

Actually females can stand too..its technically possible.

One just has to lower the center of gravity and take a wider stance and hands are free too...no need to hold anything.

Its only a male that still needs to use his hand to assist himself in the act of micturation!LOL

One just has to lower the center of gravity and take a wider stance and hands are free too...no need to hold anything.

Its only a male that still needs to use his hand to assist himself in the act of micturation!LOL

I think it is micturition!

hi

may be some other word....?lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back