• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

... and here is a contrarian view of tambrams of tamil nadu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brahmin basher is back with a bang with old sauce regurgitated. Better sense has not prevailed. Many sites like mintamil, despite having majority other than brahmin members do not tolerate brahmin bashing, and violators are warned. There must be something seriously wrong to carry and vent venom. Canada has nourished anti brahmin, anti Hindu, pro ltte, pro kalistani firebrands. Tambrams and all India brahmins are doing fine, and contribute to nation building, protection of sanatana dharma and study and propagation of scriptures. Bhatat will march ahead and BBs can shout to their heart's content but will achieve nothing.

sarang, nothing could be so wrong as you terming me brahmin basher. please read thoughtful replies like the one by vaagmi. nobody has to agree with me. but to call names, i think, indicates, more an absence of arguements or logic.

re read my posts, and comment on it. there is no right or wrong in any of the articles i have referred to. they are part of an ongoing dialogue. to simply push the dirt under the carpet, and say the room is clean, will, i think, not suffice here.

and i repeat, do not use epithets. it does not behoove well of you. in fact, it lines you up with the kazhagams :), for are they not famous for using curse words? thats what i think.

Last edited:
dear jaykay,

thank you for your multiple replies. i have read all the points, and thank you once again for thinking through before replying.

a couple of points. re racism in the usa: like it or not, usa is still the most open society in the world. there is dialogues on absolutely everything and there are no topics which are forbidden. thanks to the media and internet, an anonymous person can become well known overnight, because of some unique contribution he/she made.

re in accepting new comers, the large number of indians in high positions, both in industry and in the government, indicates, the level playing field, they offer people of colour who have a willingness to play their game.

there are many many things wrong with the usa. but tell me one country where things are perfect.

the surprising thing, is that the dalit and caste hindu, will socialize and eat together in the usa. but not in india - as a rule.

the more surprising thing, is that caste would not mean a thing to the children of the caste hindu or dalit, brought up in the usa.

re the traditions of india, there are enough material available, at the touch of a keypad, to familiarize oneself with. most children, including mine, have an inkling of the grandeur of india, just the same way, as the children in india do. how many children in india follow their daily life, in accordance with their inheritance? that is a question that only you can answer.

the world is getting more global, and my own nephews and nieces, brought up all over the world, when they meet, it is amazing, how quickly they bond, and how much their common reference points are. this is thanks to the internet and only the internet. i think.

Last edited:
i will wait for one more day for any pertinent or relevant repartees. then i will request the moderator to close the thread.

thank you all for your contribution.

Kunjuppuji,
Your original post and subsequent post are very eloquent, but I do not understand why you became so defensive. I would like you to follow the advice given "Controlled violence is the best option".

The people who want to live in the cocoon, would be afraid of peeking out at the ground reality.

Well, my posts too have a history and continuity. Opinions formed over a period of scores of brahmin bashing posts over a long period. And repeat of old posts. Since the decision is already made and executed to live in a benign foreign land with future generations guaranteed to lead a life free from pollution, isn't it reasonable to expect positive posts with acquired civilized mind set.

In future too, any negative portrayal or comments on native agraharam brahmins will invite suitable responses.

sarang, nothing could be so wrong as you terming me brahmin basher. please read thoughtful replies like the one by vaagmi. nobody has to agree with me. but to call names, i think, indicates, more an absence of arguements or logic.

re read my posts, and comment on it. there is no right or wrong in any of the articles i have referred to. they are part of an ongoing dialogue. to simply push the dirt under the carpet, and say the room is clean, will, i think, not suffice here.

and i repeat, do not use epithets. it does not behoove well of you. in fact, it lines you up with the kazhagams :), for are they not famous for using curse words? thats what i think.

Vsubbu, Vgane,

I totally empathize & sympathize the situation you both had to face. No doubt such incidents leave a very bad taste. But please look at this from a larger perspective.

Now, what is the worst thing that NB Tamils have done to us TBs ?. Name calling, ragging again via making fun of us.. telling us they hate us etc.. no physical violence ever recorded or reported !!

Do you really know what ragging is in this country ? Students in UP/Bihar/Rajasthan colleges are physically assaulted, raped, maimed, hospitalized & killed !!!. Similarly, in the North states, there have been open upper caste/lower caste fights post independence.

Do you know the first choice for North Indian students is to come & study in Tamil Nadu / South states ? Please google on internet & you will know the answer.

All I am saying is for all the ill treatment/discrimination for 1000s of yrs by Brahmins, isn’t it extra-ordinary that the NB Tamils “never”assault us physically ever given that in other states, there were many mass murders, rapes across villages – please read the caste conflicts in UP to understand how great TN is a place to live ?

All I am saying is – lets not take isolated incidents however bad taste they leave & look at it in isolation. Please look at everything from a larger perspective, then you will appreciate what a great state TN & its people really are !!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi Kunjuppu –

Are you telling me that killing 100s of millions of red Indians like animals by the ancestors of today’s Americans, Canadians are okay?. It is not an issue & America/Canada is a great place to live because today’s Americans, Canadians are not like that because Indians are accepted & doing very well. so if you are accepted in a society & welcomed, then all these killings are okay ? so if your neighbor white cop “chokeholds” & kills an African American, & he welcomes you & your children, it is okay ?, it is not immoral or unethical ?

But even if todays TN Brahmins have nothing to do with any discrimination, it does not matter. the discrimination by our Brahmin ancestors in the past is so so bad, that no apology can ever be accepted, hence one should migrate out of TN & badmouth our homeland/culture etc..? !!

Are Americans discarding their culture for the atrocities they have committed in the past? Are any Americans/candadians bad mouthing their country, community ? Are the germans doing it ?

Have you seen any white ever bad mouthing his homeland & his community, they may make fun, like how we make fun of malayalis talking English, but they will never bad mouth their own people ever ?

Do you know that Australians do not like to be called as descendants of convicts? – Serious, check the internet, talk to Australians & try making this comment, you will see them objecting to it.

Sir, Please understand, all religions have bad aspects,even in the Bible, there are elements of violence which are not acceptable today (you are very well aware of the crusade where 100s of millions were killed over generations), but the whites still follow the religion right?. They take the best aspects & leave the bad aspects. Lets do the same with our religion.

All I am saying is, people go abroad of various reasons,& in some cases due to reverse discrimination of Brahmins, some due to ideological issues like yourself, but there is no need to bad mouth our homeland, community, lets reform it further if you strongly feel about it !! Please write your “positive” suggestions on this forum, put it on Hindu newspaper etc.. for all to read your views.

How hard our Brahmins fought for 1000s of centuries to preserve our ancients texts, under such trying circumstances of war, famine, disease,conflicts, collapse of kingdoms etc… Do you know how the grantha scripts were collected from 100s of thousands of TB homes to reconstruct all these texts, our TBs walked, walked & walked 1000s of kms in TN collecting from one home to another ?. Infact all the sangam texts were also published by TBs.

Lets celebrate our religion, culture, traditions, teach our kids/grand kids, continue them for eternity.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Finally –

If a NB Tamil comes to me & says – I hate you because of what your ancestors did to my ancestors in the past, my response would be –

“Man, I am sorry that this happened, if I could change, I really would. But I do not support any of the discriminative practice, but rather support your rights for equality. I would have then taken him for lunch or dinner. I would also contribute to his community fund to show my respect & support”

If we show love to our country men, they will love us back. That’s all it takes to break down this hatred. !!

Please do not sit in your cocoons & make a lifetime habit of hating our ancestors, our religion, our culture, etc..

Last edited:
Brahmins must no blindly accept baseless allegations that they I'll grated other than brahmins. Don't touch me, I live in. My Cheri, you live in yours, I will have restrictions in my temple, you can worship and practice (even practices I do not approve) in your temple - such freedom to live the way one or his community wants, is hard to find in today's total coformist lifestyle. Brahmins never killed any group, never were violent against any community. Village panchayats had members from all communities of the village and the brahmin was never head of the panchayat. A relook at the accusations is necessary and brahmins must reevaluate every wild abuse and reply aggressively. Understanding will be fuller if visesha and samanya dharma concept is studied.

All communities were exclusive and were proud of their unique and exclusive ways, thinking and tradition.

Absolutely agree with Sarang !!. The allegations like Brahmins going to bathing because someone touched them etc.. are way way overstated & over hyped. Many of this has the origin in the colonial Raj & needs to be re-looked with an "un-biased" mind !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back