• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

And here comes the attacks from the cowards - attacks on elderly brahmin priests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many other than brahmin groups too have reinvented their kulam, gotram and are proud to call themselves as saiva vellalar, vaishya chetty and kshatriya mudali etc. All are engaged in understanding their roots, helping their community members and investigating their lineage. This sporadic brahmin attacks will reduce to nothing if more and more brahmins assert their brahminhood, help others as our ancestors did, do not covet the wealth or possessions of other communities, and live a moral life consistently following any profession, fine; this is the feedback I get from many friends.

Aryan dravidian theory is dead now and the minuscule dk group will vanish into thin air. Of course any crazy or loony suicide bomber can cause immense damage.

It seems the admission form for the congress party has a column asking for caste of the applicant, but BJP and RSS are least interested in caste details.

hi

then what?.....a dravidian is attacking an aryan community.....so far south indian outlook....brahmins are considered aryans....

other castes in south are dravidians except brahmins.....its racism and casteism too....

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black !. when I wrote a thread on racism being widespread in the west after the Ferguson riots based on all the articles that came in the media, our NRI brigade went gaga saying it is an isolated incident & they never faced any racism in their lives in USA, Canada, west etc... But they don't have any qualms to take an isolated incident from TN& going gaga over it !!

After all this bashing, for god sake please don’t be a hypocrite and analyze in detail about the old age homes in Chennai & TN – that too in the garb of saying my friend in Chennai wants to know about old age homes. You can direct your “imagined friend” to us, we will help him – you dont need to worry. LOL!!

Last edited:
My advice toNRIs –

if you hate TN & believe foreign is better than India, it is your choice, please do NOT spew your hatred in this forum – this a TN/India based forum. I will never come to your house & bad mouth you & your family. Please show the same respect to us. Pl understand, no white, no chinese, no arab, no one in this world, will ever “bad mouth their own country, countrymen”, this is a problem only with the Indians. Lets start loving our country for a change... it “feels good”.

If you loveTN, but want to raise issues & be constructive, please do so without finger pointing, deriding the TN/India people. You & I know this is an isolated incident, but definitely we need to condemn this before others get inspired to do such acts.

If you love your adopted land more, please do so, but no need to deride my country, my land. You can go to a foreign forum & do whatever you want. I can assure you none of us, at least me, is NOT in any of these junk foreign forums. I don’t want to be in any such forum, not do I want to know what they think nor do I care what they think of us. Sayonara !!

The inferiority complex of Indians, & the great admiration of your so called great white people, foreign returned, great NRI, etc... all this junk is long gone – Big Sayonara !!

LOL !!

Last edited:
Brahmin Ganapathy, ex hindu reporter did not want to lie, and the culprits escaped.

+++++

“I was attacked by DK members in 1989 for reporting on attacks on Brahmins, but I let them get away”

In the DMK regime between 1989 and 1991, several such incidents had been reported. One of them was an attack on a journalist in Thanjavur working for The Hindu. V Ganapathy, who is now a 75 year old veteran working on various policy issues with governments, was a reporter with the newspaper when the incident happened. This is his version of events.

Around 1990, three incidents of Dravidar Kazhagam party members attacking Brahmins in Thanjavur came to the fore. One incident happened in Mannargudi, near Thanjavur, and two other incidents in Thanjavur town. The DMK had come to power after a lengthy sabbatical forced by the might of MGR’s AIADMK. According to Ganapathy, the DK attacked Brahmins only to gain cheap publicity. “When they run out of ideas, they indulge in such activities,” he says. They were active during Margazhi festival and the Iyyappa season. So when he heard about the attacks, he interviewed the victims. He also encouraged them to file police complaints, but the Brahmins were too scared. The attacks were not serious. Attackers had not injured them in anyway, but had snapped theirpoonals (sacred thread worn by Brahmins).

The Hindu
was bold enough to publish his reports on the attacks by DK members. Several Dravidian activists were unhappy about media publishing such reports.
A few weeks later, when the Chief Minister of the state visited Thanjavur, Ganapathy wanted to interview the CM on various issues. But he was not allowed to as he was thought to have had an agenda against the CM. He protested and left.

Few days later, when Ganapathy was on his way to the District Collector’s regular press conference, he was waylaid by DK members. He was on his Lambretta scooter just 100mts away from his house, when the attackers pushed him to the ground. He fell along with his scooter. Then his attackers tore his shirt and his vest, and snapped out his poonal. He was not injured. He was shaken, but not stirred. He picked himself up and went to the Collector’s press conference and complained to him.

The police registered a case and four men were arrested. But they were later acquitted in the court of law. He was sure that the men charged were those who attacked him, but he could not recall the exact sequence of events and their actions, so his case was weak. Ganapathy says he refused to lie in the court to get them convicted.

Opposition parties raised the issue in the legislative assembly as well, and there was uproar in political circles. But there was no remorse from senior political leaders.

?I was attacked by DK members in 1989 for reporting on attacks on Brahmins, but I let them get away? | The News Minute

The secret country again wages war on its own people

After north and south americas, this story is from down under, australia.

+++++

[FONT=&quot]Australia has againdeclared war on Indigenous people, reminiscent of the brutality that broughtglobal condemnation on apartheid South Africa. Aboriginal people are to bedriven from homelands where their communities have lived for thousands ofyears.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]InWestern Australia, where mining companies make billion dollar profitsexploiting Aboriginal land, the state government says it can no longer affordto"support" the homelands.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vulnerable populations, already denied the basic services mostAustralians take for granted, are on notice of dispossession withoutconsultation, and eviction at gunpoint. Yet again, Aboriginal leaders havewarned of "a newgeneration of displaced people" and "cultural genocide".
[/FONT]

http://rt.com/op-edge/252089-australia-indigenous-aboriginal-people-war/[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

My advice toNRIs –

if you hate TN & believe foreign is better than India, it is your choice, please do NOT spew your hatred in this forum – this a TN/India based forum. I will never come to your house & bad mouth you & your family. Please show the same respect to us. Pl understand, no white, no chinese, no arab, no one in this world, will ever “bad mouth their own country, countrymen”, this is a problem only with the Indians. Lets start loving our country for a change... it “feels good”.

If you loveTN, but want to raise issues & be constructive, please do so without finger pointing, deriding the TN/India people. You & I know this is an isolated incident, but definitely we need to condemn this before others get inspired to do such acts.

If you love your adopted land more, please do so, but no need to deride my country, my land. You can go to a foreign forum & do whatever you want. I can assure you none of us, at least me, is NOT in any of these junk foreign forums. I don’t want to be in any such forum, not do I want to know what they think nor do I care what they think of us. Sayonara !!

The inferiority complex of Indians, & the great admiration of your so called great white people, foreign returned, great NRI, etc... all this junk is long gone – Big Sayonara !!

LOL !!
hi

really?....is it ONLY TN/INDIA FORUM?....I NEVER KNOW.....I AM IN THIS MORE THAN 6 YRS IN THIS FORUM.....I JOINED THIS

IN 2008........this is first time i heard abt tn/india....then all usa/west ppl can be bannned....lol

Yesterday, I went to his house and enquired about his health. He was hit on the face and pushed down. Unfortunately, no one was around. The servant maid of his house, on seeing this, shouted and came for help.

This incident is a perfect example of the nature of Iyer community in Tamil Nadu.

Iyer community is totally disorganized and directionless. Within the Iyer community, it seems, there is a feeling that those who are involved in religious matters are different lot, and they will have to look after themselves.

The head of the B's association is a non-Iyer and how can the affected expect any positive response.
hi sir,

hats off....nice to hear...atleast you from our forum visited him.....generally brahmins talk a lot...but not in real ground.....

but you did a great job sir......

hi

really?....is it ONLY TN/INDIA FORUM?....I NEVER KNOW.....I AM IN THIS MORETHAN 6 YRS IN THIS FORUM.....I JOINED THIS

IN 2008........this is first time i heard abt tn/india....then all usa/west pplcan be bannned....lol

Did I say “only” anywhere in my post? I said this is a TN/India based forum.

Lets look at what this forum is focused on – Our scriptures, religion, philosophy, music, traditions, rituals, many people write in Tamil in this forum, most of the news are focused on TN/India etc… some general discussions – again mostly focused on India, etc.. It is also named “TamilBrahmins”… So naturally it is a TN/India based forum!

Did you by mistake day dream for 6 yrs that this is a USA/west focused forum????????? LOL!!!!

Last edited:
Yesterday, I have come across wall posters in Mylapore area pasted by *******, condemning the hooligans who assaulted priests and praising the police for swift action.

Forum name points to Tamil brahmins, but membership is open to all from anywhere. The forum is the repository of valuable tradition related information, and available to all interested Hindus, tambrams included. It is doing excellent service.

But a few members revel in badmouthing tambrams, their way of life, character of tambrams and Hindus and Indians and expect their verbosity to be swallowed without murmur. When resident tambrams object or oppose, it is not tolerated. Blaming India, tamilnadu and tambrams is seen as normal freedom of expression and civilized behaviour, but any retort, defensive and rarely offensive, is treated as murderous attack.

Ban, suspension and warning are in the hands of the moderator. Voluntary exit or retired hurt are open to members. No one is indispensable.

hi

really?....is it ONLY TN/INDIA FORUM?....I NEVER KNOW.....I AM IN THIS MORE THAN 6 YRS IN THIS FORUM.....I JOINED THIS

IN 2008........this is first time i heard abt tn/india....then all usa/west ppl can be bannned....lol

What swift action was taken by the police. Wherere those hoolians. now Are you sure they are behind the bars now

Six DVK cadres held for ‘poonal’ cutting spree in city

On Monday, six DVK members - Nandakumar, Prabhakaran, Diwakar, Pradeep and Ravanan, all from Royapettah and Arun Kumar of Triplicane - were arrested. Police have registered cases under eight sections of IPC including 143 (unlawful assembly), 147 (rioting), 506 (1) (criminal intimidation) and 153 (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion). All six of them were remanded in judicial custody.

Source
: Six DVK cadres held for ?poonal? cutting spree in city

Hindu groups demand ban on DK

29th_ban-DK-cop_DE_2389171f.jpg
Members of various Hindu organisations staging a demonstration demanding ban on the Dravidar Kazhagam in Srirangam on Tuesday.— Photo: A.Muralitharan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[h=2]Cite ‘thali’ removal demonstration as hurting sentiments of Hindus[/h]Members of various Hindu organisations here on Tuesday demanded a ban on the Dravidar Kazhagam (DK) for staging a thali removal event in Chennai recently thereby hurting the sentiments of the Hindus and for portraying Hinduism in poor light constantly.

The members staged a demonstration for nearly two hours at Srirangam and condemned the DK for attacking Hindu priests in Chennai.

Members of the Hindu Makkal Katchi, Akhila Bharatha Brahmana Sangam, Akhila Bharatha Hindu Maha Sabha, Shiv Sena, and Hindu Munnetra Kazhagam rallied under the forum, Federation of all Hindu Organisations, to decry the DK.

The demonstration was led by S. Sankaranarayanan, founder president,
Akhila Bharatha Brahmana Sangam.

Read more at
: Hindu groups demand ban on DK - The Hindu

In the south in particular, even in such incidents, most of the time, it is more pushing, shoving, slapping that happens. Rarely people are brutally assaulted & killed.

Dear JK,

It seems that you view manhandling of people very lightly...why wait till it escalates into brutal assault and killing?

It seems like a Chalega Attitude to me.

Renuka JI - Not at all. I am only highlighting the hypocrisy of the people sitting in Canada & USA to beat about isolated incident in TN while at the same time "hiding the entire pushnikai of the stinking racism there in the thayir sadam" LOL !

Renuka JI - If they had condemned the "widespread racism" in west strongly, and then condemn this incident, no one will have a problem. as we speak, there is rioting happening in Baltimore... & you can see, not a single post or mention of that here... LOL !!!

Renuka JI - If they had condemned the "widespread racism" in west strongly, and then condemn this incident, no one will have a problem. as we speak, there is rioting happening in Baltimore... & you can see, not a single post or mention of that here... LOL !!!

Well, I was about to post my strong negative emotions on reading about the african man being shot 8 times by white police officer that happened few weeks ago in USA. Unfortunately I couldn't find that post next day morning, so couldn't post my sympathies with the african man. I thought such posts were not really welcome.

hi

i know very well abt Baltimore story....very close to my home....but i dont want much details...

more of this from badri.

some excerpts..

பொதுவாக இம்மாதிரியான குற்றங்கள் நடக்கும்போது அரசியல் கட்சிகளும் மனித உரிமை அமைப்புகளும் அறிவுஜீவிகளும் குறைந்தது வாய் வார்த்தையாலாவது கண்டிப்பார்கள். தமிழகத்தின் என்ன நடந்தது? பாரதிய ஜனதா கட்சி கடுமையாகக் கண்டித்ததுடன் நேராகச் சென்று தாக்கப்பட்டவர்களுக்கு ஆதரவு அளித்தார்கள். காங்கிரஸ் கட்சியின் ஒரு தலைவர் நேரில் சென்று பார்த்ததுடன் மாநிலத் தலைவரின் கண்டன அறிக்கையை வெளியிட்டார்.

தினம் ஒரு அறிக்கை விடும், ராமானுஜர் சீரியல் எழுதும் திமுக தலைவர் கருணாநிதியோ, அறிக்கைத் திலகம் பாமக ராமதாஸோ வாயைத் திறக்கவில்லை. இடதுசாரிக் கட்சிகள், ம்ஹூம், ஒரு வார்த்தை இல்லை. ஆளும் அஇஅதிமுகவிடமிருந்து ஒரு சத்தம் இல்லை. அதிகாரபூர்வ எதிர்க்கட்சி தேமுதிகவிடமிருந்து ஒரு முனகல் இல்லை. நடைப்பயண நாயகன் மதிமுக வைகோ, புதுப்புயல் தமாக வாசன், தலித்துகளின் ஒப்பற்ற தலைவர் திருமாவளவன் ஆகியோரிடமிருந்து ஒரு குரல் இல்லை. இந்தக் கட்சிகளின் இரண்டாம், மூன்றாம் கட்டத் தலைவர்கள்கூட வாய் திறக்கவில்லை.

திராவிடர் கழகத்தின் வீரமணி, தங்கள் அமைப்புக்கும் இதற்கும் சம்பந்தமில்லை, தாங்கள் இதுபோன்ற தாக்குதல்களை ஒருபோதும் ஆதரிக்க மாட்டோம் என்று சொல்லவில்லை.

தனிப்பட்ட முறையில் நீ கண்டித்தாயா, நீ கண்டித்தாயா என்று கேட்பது எனக்கு ஏற்புடையது அல்ல. ஆனால் இதற்காக என்று இருக்கும் அரசியல் கட்சிகளும் சமூக அமைப்புகளும்கூட இதுகுறித்து ஒரு வார்த்தைகூடச் சொல்லவில்லை என்பது தமிழ்ச் சமூகத்தில் பார்ப்பனர் நிலை என்ன, பார்ப்பன வெறுப்பு என்பது எப்படிப் புரையோடிப் போயிருக்கிறது என்பதை நன்கு விளக்கும். டைம்ஸ் ஆஃப் இந்தியாவில் நான் எழுதிய கட்டுரை ஒன்று மிகக் கடுமையான எதிர்வினைகளைப் பெற்றது. இல்லாத ஒன்றை ஊதிப் பெரிதாக்குகிறேன் என்றார்கள். இன்று என்ன நடந்துள்ளது என்று பாருங்கள்.

சமூக வலைத்தளங்களில் பல தனி நபர்கள் இந்தச் செயலைக் கண்டித்துள்ளனர். ஆனால் அவர்களில் பலர் unequivocal-ஆகக் கண்டிக்காமல், கூடவே சம்பந்தா சம்பந்தம் இல்லாமல் பல விஷயங்களைப் பற்றிப் பேசியதையும் பார்க்கிறேன். தமிழ்ச் சமுதாயத்தின் உண்மையான அவலம் அவர்கள்கூட இல்லை. இந்த விஷயத்தை எள்ளி நகையாடிய சிலர்தான். அவற்றைப் பார்ப்போம்.

1. ஆந்திராவில் 20 பேர் சுட்டுக் கொல்லப்பட்டபோது கூப்பாடு போடாத சிலர் இப்போது இரண்டு பேருடைய நூல் அறுந்ததற்குக் கொதிப்பது ஏன்?

இவை இரண்டும் ஒப்பிடப்படக்கூடிய செயல்களே அல்ல. நூல் அறுந்தது சாதாரண விஷயம்தான். உயிர் போகவில்லைதான். ஆனால் என்னவிதமான ஒப்பீடு? இரண்டும் கடுமையாகக் கண்டிக்கத்தக்கதுதானே? இதைக் கண்டிப்பதற்கு அதைக் கண்டித்து வாங்கிவந்த சான்றிதழைக் காண்பிக்கவேண்டுமா? இருவரும் தமிழர்கள்தானே? ஒரு பக்கம் சுட்டது ஆந்திர போலீஸ். இன்னொரு பக்கம் தாக்கியது தமிழர்கள். தாக்கப்பட்டவர்கள் வெறும் பார்ப்பனர்கள். பிரச்னை அதுதானா?

2. நூலைதானே அறுத்தார்கள்? அதற்கு ஏன் இந்தப் பொங்கல்?

பிரமாதம். புடைவையைத்தானே பறித்தார்கள்? சட்டையைத்தானே கிழித்தார்கள்? லேசாக மேலேதானே கையை வைத்தார்கள்? கொஞ்சமாகக் கீழேதானே தள்ளினார்கள்? ஒரு தட்டுதானே தட்டினார்கள்? வெறும் இரண்டு பேரைத்தானே தாக்கினார்கள்? அடடா, அடடா!

3. அடக்குமுறையின் வெளிப்பாடுதான் பூணூல். அதனை அவர்களாகவே நீக்கியிருக்கவேண்டும். இல்லை என்பதால் இந்தச் செயலில் ஈடுபடவேண்டியிருந்தது.

இதனை இந்தப் பதிவில் எதிர்கொள்ளப்போவதில்லை. தனியாக எழுத உள்ளேன். எந்தச் சட்ட வரையறைக்குள்ளும் அடங்காத ஒரு எதிர்பார்ப்பு இது. பிறர் எம்மாதிரியான மதச் சடங்குகளைச் செய்யவேண்டும் என்று எவ்விதத்திலும் யாரும் அழுத்தம் கொடுக்க முடியாது. அவரவர் விரும்பிய வகையில் சட்டத்துக்கு உட்பட்டு மத வழிபாடு செய்வதை இந்திய அரசியலமைப்புச் சட்டம் உறுதி செய்துள்ளது என்பதை மட்டும் சுட்டிக்காட்ட விரும்புகிறேன்.

4. பொதுமக்கள் கூடும் இடங்களில் திறந்த மார்புடன் இருக்கும் இவர்களை சட்டை போடச் சொல்லவேண்டும்.

தமிழகத்தில் நான் பார்த்தவரை வயலில் விவசாயம் செய்வோர் முதல் வீடுகளில், தெருக்களில், பல பொது இடங்களில் வெறும் துண்டுடனோ, அதுகூட இல்லாமலோ திறந்த மார்புடன் கீழாடை மட்டும் அணிந்துகொண்டு அனைத்து சாதி ஆண்களும் செல்கிறார்கள். இதனை ஆபாசம் என்றும் பெண்களுக்கு எதிரானது என்றும் சொல்பவர்கள் சட்டம் கொண்டுவந்து மாற்ற முயலுங்கள். ஆனால் ஒட்டுமொத்தமாக, மாநிலத்தின் அனைத்து ஆண்களும் தெருவில் இறங்கும்போது இதனைச் செய்யவேண்டியிருக்கும்.

and so it goes. to me, i am upset at the level of isolation of tambrams in tamil nadu. it takes a malayali jeyamohan to talk on their behalf. no NB tamil of any status will speak out when these are assaulted. though this may be a small incident, i think, it speaks volumes, the opinion the other tamils have on us. the silence is indeed deafening.

so be it...

Well,I was about to post my strong negative emotions on reading about the africanman being shot 8 times by white police officer that happened few weeks ago inUSA. Unfortunately I couldn't find that post next day morning, so couldn't postmy sympathies with the african man. I thought such posts were not reallywelcome.

Nothing stops one from posting a separate thread & talk about it. I didn’t know/track the thread/post was missing, but I don’t think the racism topic in USA/West is unwelcome – it is highly relevant for young innocent Indians who are planning to migrate there & unfortunately mess up with their lives..

Last edited:
and so it goes. to me, i am upset at the level of isolation of tambrams intamil nadu. it takes a malayali jeyamohan to talk on their behalf. no NB tamilof any status will speak out when these are assaulted. though this may be asmall incident, i think, it speaks volumes, the opinion the other tamils haveon us. the silence is indeed deafening.

so be it...

What isolation ? No one is isolated here, TBs are the most sought after.. when people here are not worried, why should someone who has now lived abroad for 50+ yrs worry about us???? Isolated incidents do not speak volumes, only widespread incidents speak volumes... of underlying hatred... & anger..

On the contrary, the silence on the widespread racism inthe west is deafening… indeed. Not to forget, the same person went hammer & tongs on the casteism issue & blamed TBs singularly for perpetrating such a system, is suddenly feeling very upset for us... astonishing... LOL !!

So be it…. LOL !!

Last edited:
hi

whatever the problem....after knowing all racism problems in usa/west.....still waiting for H1B and H4 visa in the queue.....lol

well, some can keep dreaming. But the migration out of south states to anywhere has reduced significantly in the last decade. Most are taking jobs in IT here. Not to forget, this widespread racism crap is only coming out in the international media in the last 1 to 2 yrs after the Trayvon case, Ferguson riots etc... so the so called queue for H1B will disappear. Also most H1.. visas are applied by the IT firms, that's why they disappear in no time.. so no need to revel by denigrating one's own countrymen... LOL !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back