• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amid rage over ‘Love Jihad’ what about what women want? Abhishek Saha, Hindustan Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some who find fault is others, but fail to find within.

manicule.png

When you point one finger at someone, 3 fingers are pointing back at you!

So instead of pointing fingers at muslims (this is the pastime for some), teach the TB boys.

கால பைரவன்;259585 said:
This is all good. But how come a "liberal" does not follow this advice when he finds fault with everyone but himself?
KBJI,
Am I the only liberal you found? And it is becoming personal.
What is your definition of Liberal? My definition is one who is tolerant to others life style. If your definition of conservative (as opposed to liberal) is taliban, I rest my case.

You are reasonable so I will not label you as Taliban. But if all the ills of India is because of Muslims alone, let us get rid of them all, will it satisfy you. Will India become the swargloke?

KBJI,
Am I the only liberal you found? And it is becoming personal.

I am sorry to say this Prasad but it is you who always end your posts with sly references to other members of the forum in a majority of your posts. Please don't be angry with me for pointing this out. It is my considered opinion. Please take your time to go through some of your posts. As you follow my posts, I follow yours as well.

Prasad said:
What is your definition of liberal? My definition is one who is tolerant to others life style. If your definition of conservative (as opposed to liberal) is taliban, I rest my case.

All of this depends on how this "others" is defined. This definition seems to be very fluid and is changed often to suit one's whims and fancies.

A liberal is an independent person. One cannot assume a Hindu mask when it suits one. There is a parallel here. People who claim proudly how they are so different from a TB also wear a TB mask for convenience and give themselves unlimited rights to criticize TBs.

My point is that whatever right a liberal Hindu has in criticizing a conservative Hindu or a Taliban Hindu as you put it, a Hindu has the same right in criticizing Islamism/Muslims. And FYI, nobody here has gone overboard in criticizing islamism; not as much as you do with hindutva.

Mr. KB,
I am Human being born in India, Hindu, Tamil, Brahmin family. I am not the only Human being on this planet. Birth is an event not by choice. So I do not claim any rights of being born. So similarly I do not blame others for being born in what ever circumstances.
I have great faith in the individual and I hold individual responsible for their actions.
I am not an apologist for any ism.
My post has never been against you (if any show me). I have argument with mouthpeices of BJP or jan sangh or ignorance not necessarily in that order.
I have no affinity (to other religions).

My confrontation in communication is my style. This will not be first or the last.

Let me be very clear NO ONE HAS GIVEN YOU THE ROLE OF DEFENDER OF HINDUISM (what ever that mean)

Last edited:
No issues here Prasadji. We both have made our points; let it rest.

BTW, no one need to give me any role specifically. I have no issues with defending an ism or defending people following an ism if I think it is appropriate.

How can we allow the matter to rest . we have a whole day to spend . it is a test match not a one dayer.

those who keep quiet

the match will be awarded to the other member as 'no show'.lol

கால பைரவன்;259605 said:
No issues here Prasadji. We both have made our points; let it rest.

BTW, no one need to give me any role specifically. I have no issues with defending an ism or defending people following an ism if I think it is appropriate.

Yes sir,
Thanks.

How can we allow the matter to rest . we have a whole day to spend . it is a test match not a one dayer.

those who keep quiet

the match will be awarded to the other member as 'no show'.lol
Sorry I forfeit the Test (seeing India's performance in Test) I will wait for the next ODI, Or better still wait for the ODI with ........

And a new event "cricket jihad" staged recently. Resident umpire can decide whether it is a one match wonder or history maker (sheeter)!

The RSS has been raising the issue of Muslim men converting Hindu women to Islam through marriage in a planned manner as part of their strategy to increase Muslim population in India. They raise this hype under an emotive slogan of ‘love jihad’; an oxymoron of a name if there really is such a strategy. Because jihad being an all-consuming total war against the infidels, has no place for love. What is being referred to as ‘love’ here is perhaps ‘love’ feigned with malicious intentions. So why then the RSS is propagating this misnomer? But then, the RSS was never known for accurate use of language or literary brilliance.

Be what it may, they are bent upon creating a hype around this so called love jihad, and the secularists are simply dismissive of it. Some have expressed their view on social media saluting the ‘love jihadis’; and I am sure they must have their reasons for their cheers for them, while others simply invoke the Indian Constitution:─ all adults have freedom to marry whomsoever they want.
The idea of loss of women to the ‘other’ in a community that has a macho image of itself, right or wrong, and has been traditionally sensitive regarding ‘protection’ of women, is highly incendiary. And it seems that is what the RSS is gunning for. The canard needs to be countered by engagement, not by dismissal.
Is love jihad real?

Love jihad real, and is happening in other countries as well. Blind cats must open at least one eye to get a glimpse at least. Psec media can no longer whitewash and try to spray 'scent' to hide and misrepresent them.

There is good news today. No NGO can accept foreign donations directly. All donations have to be wetted and approved by the govt. This news will not get any space in media. Modi govt is steadily doing what it promised to do.

Blind cats must open at least one eye to get a glimpse at least

What a foolish statement, a blind may have both eyes open still does not see. Eyes open or closed does not impact a creature if there is no vision. You need vision to see. A little google would have been better than getting shamed in public forum.

This thing called love jihad: couples stand against all odds
Hindustan Times
Contrary to what the proponents of the Love Jihad theory say, Hindu-Muslim marriages do not always involve conversions. Here, couples, some of whom have battled violent families and social ostracism, share stories of the triumph of love.

Kavita, then an MPhil student in Delhi, was kept under house arrest for nine months. Her family members used to beat her almost every day, she says. There were days when she could hardly move. On several occasions, it occurred to her that Akhtar Ali, a research fellow at Delhi University, whom she was dating and wanted to marry, had moved on in life. In the meanwhile, Akhtar was preparing to rescue Kavita legally. Asif Iqbal of Dhanak, an NGO, which has intervened in around 500 inter-faith marriages, suggested that the couple marry under the Special Marriages Act (SMA).
In January this year, based on a writ petition filed by Akhtar, a two-judge bench of the Delhi High court told Kavita that she could choose to go either with her family or with Akhtar. She chose Akhtar. In April, the two got married under the SMA. Since then, they have been living in north Delhi’s Sant Nagar area. Akhtar says he is a Communist and that the religion of his partner is not an issue for him or for members of his family. His parents visit the couple every two months. Kavita’s parents are yet to establish any communication with them.

“While there has been an upsurge of such marriages, the social pressure continues to be the same as it was decades ago,” says Asif Iqbal, who believes that the outcry about the supposed Love Jihad discounts the possibility that the men — Iqbal facilitates all inter-faith marriages regardless of whether the man is a Hindu or a Muslim — could be genuinely in love with their partners. As Akhtar clearly does.

Kavita is now trying to lead a normal life without her parents and siblings — she has four brothers, all of whom participated in the daily torture sessions. “I attempted suicide twice during that period,” Kavita says.
This thing called love jihad: couples stand against all odds - Hindustan Times

For inter religious marriage conversion is NOT necessary.
These people are human beings too. They may not be like one of us, but have every right under the constitution of India.
Let us see them as they are.

Kerala
‘I got threaTening calls’

Two years ago, Prashant, who was studying engineering, eloped with a classmate. The couple was disowned by both their families.
“After we eloped, Sharifa’s (name changed) parents filed a habeus corpus in the Kerala High Court. Fearing arrest, I was forced to take a bail. We had spent enough time in the police station and in court. To add to our problems, I also got threatening calls from some fundamentalist outfits,” says Prashant, who reveals that neither he nor his wife has changed their religion.

“Today, there is no need to do that. We will take a decision when such a need arises,” he says adding that both of them have suffered for the choices that they have made.

Sharifa’s parents only came around once she became pregnant. However, she is still not allowed to attend some family functions.
“When my grandmother died, I was not allowed to stay for long at the house. Members of my family had no problems but some mahal (local mosque) committee members objected to my presence saying it would set a bad precedent in the community,” she says.

Prashant says he tries to be extra supportive as his wife cannot really turn to her family.

“We never interfere in one another’s beliefs or customs. In case we have any differences, we know we have to settle it between ourselves,” he says.

— Ramesh Babu

Love and marriages happens.
Everybody does not live with our morals, they have their own.

Still loudmouths have not understood what is love jihad. Love jihad is deliberate tatgetting of girls by money, gifts, cheating, taking indecent pictures, blackmailing, threats and community pressure. For every one case of genuine love there are tens of love jihad. Closing the eyes and non reporting claiming to be neutral and secular is doing harm for the jihadi victims and the society. There are many cases in which the girl is rescued in time by the local Hindu activists and the police, and stop short of charging the evil perpetrator. As jihadis form a subset of the community, love jihadis are real and exist.

If a crime is committed bring charges and punish the culprits. In stead of harassing innocent victims in the name of religion. If the parents and do gooders could not keep the girl from escaping from the parental jails, they try to kill or beat up the boys. Just because the boys happens to be from a different religion or caste.
Then blame claim love jihad.
Let us see the number of convictions of inter religious couples on forcible conversions? Proof!!!!!
Just hollering with false data is not going anywhere.

Live in and marriage (with or without parents' cosent) or breakup is not illegal. But promise to marry and ditching now falls under cheating and rape. Gaining confidence under false pretenses, force marriage by threats and pressurize to convert is love jihadi.
Tempting men and women to convert with employment as household staff, maids and cooks is another racket. This is not love jihad.
Rotherham officials turned a blind eye and truth is now staring at their faces. This is not the place to dissect the sorry events.

This thing called love jihad: couples stand against all odds
Hindustan Times
Contrary to what the proponents of the Love Jihad theory say, Hindu-Muslim marriages do not always involve conversions. Here, couples, some of whom have battled violent families and social ostracism, share stories of the triumph of love.

Kavita, then an MPhil student in Delhi, was kept under house arrest for nine months. Her family members used to beat her almost every day, she says. There were days when she could hardly move. On several occasions, it occurred to her that Akhtar Ali, a research fellow at Delhi University, whom she was dating and wanted to marry, had moved on in life. In the meanwhile, Akhtar was preparing to rescue Kavita legally. Asif Iqbal of Dhanak, an NGO, which has intervened in around 500 inter-faith marriages, suggested that the couple marry under the Special Marriages Act (SMA).
In January this year, based on a writ petition filed by Akhtar, a two-judge bench of the Delhi High court told Kavita that she could choose to go either with her family or with Akhtar. She chose Akhtar. In April, the two got married under the SMA. Since then, they have been living in north Delhi’s Sant Nagar area. Akhtar says he is a Communist and that the religion of his partner is not an issue for him or for members of his family. His parents visit the couple every two months. Kavita’s parents are yet to establish any communication with them.

“While there has been an upsurge of such marriages, the social pressure continues to be the same as it was decades ago,” says Asif Iqbal, who believes that the outcry about the supposed Love Jihad discounts the possibility that the men — Iqbal facilitates all inter-faith marriages regardless of whether the man is a Hindu or a Muslim — could be genuinely in love with their partners. As Akhtar clearly does.

Kavita is now trying to lead a normal life without her parents and siblings — she has four brothers, all of whom participated in the daily torture sessions. “I attempted suicide twice during that period,” Kavita says.

For inter religious marriage conversion is NOT necessary.
These people are human beings too. They may not be like one of us, but have every right under the constitution of India.
Let us see them as they are.

When one relies mostly on media reporting to know current affairs, it would also be helpful to know that media reporting, at least in India, is hardly unbiased or fair reporting.

One may get an idea of how the print and electronic media twists the news, blacks out the news and exaggerates the news to suit the fancy of the media house can be had by visiting MediaCrooks and Newslaundry.

Here is a web page link of mediacrooks.com on the matter of love-jihad:

MediaCrooks

If you do not like the news, let us kill the newspapers, that seems to be the mantra. Yes media is biased and so are we. We would rile against any media that sheds light, that we wants hidden in dark corners. But thanks to the same media that brought the changes in India and the world. Without the twitters, Modiji could not have connected with the younger generation. One needs to be savvy to use all media.

Pamphlets on ‘love jihad’ with the message: "Do you want to become a prostitute? No? Then read, think and behave," have reportedly been circulated in parts of Vadodara in Gujarat, ahead of the Lok Sabha bypolls.

The pamphlets were in Gujarati and name the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) as source. It further gives statistics that claim an increasing number of Hindu women are being lured by Muslim men into marriage and are living as "second, third or fourth wives".
These pamphlets have alarmed police, and an investigation is on.

Previous police investigations have found no evidence of an organised ‘Love Jihad’. But the concept has gained credence across central India in recent weeks, leading to sometimes-violent protests, despite being considered an absurd conspiracy theory by mainstream, moderate Indians.

While avoiding the term ‘love jihad’, the BJP last week adopted the subject of forced conversions as a campaign issue ahead of September 13 by-elections in Uttar Pradesh.

Ahead of the by-elections in UP, BJP MP Yogi Adityanath has been accused of delivering inflammatory speeches. In one video he asks supporters to convert 100 Muslim women through marriage every time a Muslim man marries a Hindu. In another, he said religious riots happen wherever more than 10 per cent of the population is Muslim.
?Do you want to become prostitutes?, ask love jihad pamphlets in Vadodara

Love jihad is real. Media cannot hide it since the stench is spreading fast. Language media reports local cases, but the secular govt and sickular media try to underplay for obvious reasons, under garb of communal harmony.

Love jihad is real. Media cannot hide it since the stench is spreading fast. Language media reports local cases, but the secular govt and sickular media try to underplay for obvious reasons, under garb of communal harmony.

What I am unable to sense is how pervasive is this issue. I am sure there are extremist in every religion.
In Iraq for example the captured women via invasion are given a choice to be sex-slaves of the fighters (as part of their conversion) or face death.

Most devout Muslims I have known personally in my life are very gentle. I asked one such person who is from UP area about this phenomena. His view is that while expansion of religion is important this way of doing it is wrong by his understanding of Islam. He was unaware of any concerted effort and was concerned that this propaganda is making the life of Muslims terrible. I told him I will share with him credible news stories if such a practice is not isolated and is vast in its reach.

So real is this Love Jihad? How pervasive is it? Are there credible and unbiased analysis done by anyone?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back