• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

American dreams-Has it ended for Indians ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many indians in recent days are evaluating whether the great american dream is likely to end as a nightmare for them.

Many are realising that the american dreams are coming with a lot of stress attached to them

It is a great country, a land of immigrants,amalgam of cultures of european, asian -chinese,indians, mexicans from all over the world.

It is the land of freedom where people can individually accomplish and raise to great heights. People make their own lives

It is a land of oppurtunities.There are places like silicon valley where we indians can thrive.

It is place with excellent infrastructure , good for travel and immense choices on what one can do.

But there is a flip side to it all.

Some recent events which make indians believe that they do not belong here.

Life has become difficult with high prices of homes,lack of helps in homes, missing old friends and family back home, the chaos and noises of india .

Most I understand seek people of same ethnic background for friendship . Many feel they do not belong there now that they have to wait for years to get a

green card.

Dreams are turning sour for many....

Can they return and get integrated with indians in india again?

Krishji,
I find your post confusing.
When you say Indian, what are your assumptions?

PIO's who migrated long ago and are the US citizen may migrate to any other part of the world including India.
Them getting integrated into that new society is always a challenge.
The majority of my friends and family are not moving anywhere. They are prospering and safe here in the USA.

Then there are green card holders. They still have not decided where they want to be. They have one leg in India and other in USA. The present condition in USA (Trump as President) is a matter of concern. Particularly if they are Muslim. In their shoes, I too would be worried.
Then we have visitors including H1-B Visa people. They are transient in USA. They might have aspired to be US citizen someday. That is going to be difficult.

Prasadji

My views may be coloured due to lack of exposure .My views are based alone on media reports and some from US I come across in india.

PIO who migrated long time back -[at least their children consider themselves US citizens having been born and brought up there and not considered}- return to india

religeously once in a year or two . Only the very seniors think of returning as they would like to spend their final years in india.Some of them are in this forum also..

The second lot green card holders and those aspiring for it are just having second thoughts. They fear the present dispensation and are looking to move to neighbouring

countries like canada . Then these IT guys with wives on H1B . They are maximum hit. Many have burnt their boats in india and are caught in a dilemma.

I know three- one inter religion couple went off to canada and took citizenship there. Another who returned to india to visit parents on a holiday is stuck here.Another in

USA just for 3 or 4 years wanting to settle there after graduation from a top school is wondering where to find a mate for marriage.The person does not fancy marrying

anyone from india.Parents are worried about her.A match from US is so risky given the environment there.

Remember Krishji, the media focuses only on the sensational.

Just like the members of this forum like to focus on IC/IR marriages. :)

Biswaji

Daily reports of violence against muslims and other of asian origin and some andhra fellow getting lynched and hate crimes are sending wrong signals to all

Then Trump at loggerheads with many sections of society who are up in violent protests add to the scare.

Indians are docile.

They are there to earn a decent living and love to live in a free society where are no hate crimes.

Hope their fears do not come true

Remember Krishji, the media focuses only on the sensational.

Just like the members of this forum like to focus on IC/IR marriages. :)
May be after two decades, VadamA Iyer to Vadama Iyer (a male and a female!) will be a sensational news in our forum!! :lol:

The dream might be a little dampened BUT as long as a $ is multiple time an Indian rupee, the dream will continue! ;)

May be after two decades, VadamA Iyer to Vadama Iyer (a male and a female!) will be a sensational news in our forum!! :lol:
Very true.
When I recently came to know an iyengar girl in my extended family marrying a boy another iyengar , I was surprised.

I wanted to find out what drove her to that.

Girls father told me that his wife is traditional and only such a son in law can fit into his family.

I thought he was wise.

He is retired and he has to live with his wife until end of life.

He cannot be revolutionary and let the girl cross the narrow sub sect line.lol

The dream might be a little dampened BUT as long as a $ is multiple time an Indian rupee, the dream will continue! ;)
The chase for american dollar is driving families to edge.

Families in india keep worrying about kids -both single and married in US.

Hate crimes are random and could happen to anyone with a non white colour.

Thats what is scary.

By law of probability chances are slim one is victim.

All hindu boys are shaving off their upper lip and goatee beards which were style statements and looking like uricha kozhi.

Most are showing off their new acquired american accents.Most want to show they belong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back