• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Aditya Hrudhayam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Haridasa Siva,

The story about 'Aditya Hrudhayam' says that Agasthya Maharishi taught this to Sri Rama in the battle field and advised Him to chant this thrice so that He can defeat Ravana.

My common sense says that since it is to worship the Sun God, we must chant when He is on the sky.
:flame:

So chanting after sun set is ruled out.

In any case early morning is the best period for all sorts of Spiritual Saadhanaas and pujaa paat.

So definitely chanting it in the morning can not be wrong.

with warm regards,
V.R.

Thanks

Thanks VR for your instant response. I do agree with your views that morning is the best time. My doubt was when one misses it in the morning, can it be chanted in the evening. I think you have ansered it clearly. Thanks again. By the way, I enjoy your articles and they are good. Your poetic style is unique. I would like to know how to post in Tamil fonts.

Regards,
Haridasa Siva

dear Mr. Haridasa Siva,

you can download 'Rich text in G mail - if you do not have it already.

It allows you to type in English and the words will appear in the language you have selected.

It allows the usage of all the Indian languages and also Sanskrit.

You can go on typing the words in English, guessing the spelling. The words will appear on the page. If it is has more than one options, you may view them by LEFT clicking on the word or using the backspace key if the word is one lettered!

A SMALL table with all the options will appear and you can click on the word you want. It is actually very easy.

Since we have long and short sounds and also three 'la's, three 'na's and two 'ra's using the options is inevitable-if you want the correct word.

Good luck. Hope to see your next posting in the Rich text.

Thank you for complimenting on my style of writing the Tamil poems.

As long as 'Unique' does not mean 'weird'... it is rally good! :)

with warm regards,
V.R.

Thanks VR for your instant response. I do agree with your views that morning is the best time. My doubt was when one misses it in the morning, can it be chanted in the evening. I think you have ansered it clearly. Thanks again. By the way, I enjoy your articles and they are good. Your poetic style is unique. I would like to know how to post in Tamil fonts.

Regards,
Haridasa Siva

I am trying to make it easy for you.
Go to Google home page. Click on "more". In the drop-down menu that opens click on "even more" and then on "lab". On the web page that opens click on "google transliteration" and then be guided by the instructions there. It is very simple.Just drag and drop.

I agree with VR, Aditya Hrudhayam mean to be recited in the morning hours. some years back, one learned person advised me to recite ditya Hrudhayam every sunday to ward off many problems. without any expentation, I started reciting iton sundays for the last 2/3 decades. If I miss it to recite any sunday, then I feel I lost something. It is a great recitation. I enjoy and rever

Hi, perhaps Praveen can add this to an FAQ or something like that. I use Firefox and there is a free Addon for Firefox called Tamilkey. It allows you to simply type Tamil right in your post or Gmail or any other page opened with Firefox. There must be something similar in IE as well.

Cheers!

may be it is time to start a new thread titled,

"Various ways of typing in Tamil fonts".

An open invitation to Mr.R.R.
:peace: a.k.a 'The frequent thread starter!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back