• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Aarathi for the Soul

Meenakkshi

Namaskaram🙏 my question is when offering pooja for the dead (soul) should the Arathi be done anti clockwise? I see this bring practised by the locals in where I reside. Everything is reverse including the placement of banana leaf. From my little knowledge I think this is not correct.

I hope to get some answers to clear my confusion as I have been living away for too long

Thank you for your reply sir. Sir are you telling we should not do thebam aarathi for the souls ? I see people make food offerings in front of the photo of the deceased n they show arathi in reverse.

It is not done by Brahmins, ma.
Mrs. Raji Ram
Thank you madam for your reply...but over here everything has been distorted...the brahmins have been moulded into adapting the local rituals and practices . And for people like me, who grew up without proper brahmin teaching , find it difficult to understand what is right and wrong. I would be glad if I can get some guidance and support from this group.

Thank you madam for your reply...but over here everything has been distorted...the brahmins have been moulded into adapting the local rituals and practices . And for people like me, who grew up without proper brahmin teaching , find it difficult to understand what is right and wrong. I would be glad if I can get some guidance and support from this group.
Not only local rituals I have seen people adapting whatever showing in serials too. For this I will suggest read many of the books written by great scholars like the then publisher of வைதிக ஶ்ரீ who has written (consolidated as a book too) so many answers for so many doubts. This is in alwarpet and you will get plenty of books written by him.

Please suggest some books...I will try to buy online.
Not only local rituals I have seen people adapting whatever showing in serials too. For this I will suggest read many of the books written by great scholars like the then publisher of வைதிக ஶ்ரீ who has written (consolidated as a book too) so many answers for so many doubts. This is in alwarpet and you will get plenty of books written by him.

Please suggest some books...I will try to buy online.
scanner_20210909_160522.jpg

Latest ads

Back