• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A White American and African-American Hindus want to visit Rameshwaram Temple

prasad1

Last time I visited Rameswaram Temple, there was a board that clearly said that only Hindus are permitted.
How does anyone prove that they are Hindus?
How can I help my friends to visit these Temples?
Is there a legal authority that gives a certificate of Hinduism to someone who does not look like an Indian?

There are other Temples too, that only allow Born-Hindus (even that is subjective).

Last time I visited Rameswaram Temple, there was a board that clearly said that only Hindus are permitted.
Is there a legal authority that gives a certificate of Hinduism to someone who does not look like an Indian?

There are other Temples too, that only allow Born-Hindus (even that is subjective).

Corona virus has no religion but yet it entered every place of worship in the world and kicked all humans out from temples/ mosques/ churches etc.

Btw if an Indian christian or Indian Muslim dressed up as a Hindu and goes to temple how would the temple know who is Hindu and who is not?

But I am sure even a Balinese Hindu by birth wouldnt be considered a Hindu as to gain temple entry cos he doesnt look Indian.

Surely a caucasian Hindu or African American Hindu wont be considered a Hindu becos Hinduism doesnt have a formal conversion process..so for all practical purposes one who isnt born into a Hindu family wont be considered a Hindu.

Last edited:
My niece is married to a white American who can recite Rudram, was born in a Hindu Ashram community. The Guru performed his Poonal has Hindu Name. Their kids all have Hindu names and participate in Karnatic music and Bharatnatyam. They had tuff time in Puri Jagannath Temple. Then my brother-in-law (Indian born Hindu) knew the way (just bribed an agent to grease the palm and walla they were allowed). Instead of showing the greatness of Hinduism it just showed the corrupt Indian.

Should not be a big issue. Have seen people from ISCKON mostly European origin entering freely in to many major Hindu temples where non Hindus are normally not allowed.

Latest ads

Back