• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A poem a day to keep all agonies away!

naithru

Madam sorry I could not enter TB forum for the past few days. Sorry again. Browser said could not be loaded. Now its okay. Let me catch up. I am a laggard. Thanks

naithru

Otherwise it will be called as 'moNNai'. 🤣

Agreed. That's the beauty of the anecdote.
The point of tact is not sharp.
The needle in a plantain.😀

Visalakshi Ramani

Otherwise it will be called as 'moNNai'. 🤣

Agreed. That's the beauty of the anecdote.
The point of tact is not sharp.
The needle in a plantain.😀
A needle in a banana is a dangerous combination of a seemingly harmless 'moNNai fruit' with a stealthy sharp tip 'munai' hidden inside.

Is it true that mahA kavi BhArathiyAr was killed by an elephant since he had offered it a banana with a needle hidden inside it?

I can't relate this kind of cruel behaviour with mahA kavi but this story seems to be deeply etched in my memory.

Visalakshi Ramani

Madam sorry I could not enter TB forum for the past few days. Sorry again. Browser said could not be loaded. Now its okay. Let me catch up. I am a laggard. Thanks
Isn't it funny that I have become a haggard after packing for the take off next week.

So a haggard was missing a laggard! :)

Cleaning the house and storing things away still remains... but can I borrow some instant energy from someone or from somewhere?

Yesterday my feet ached so much that tears welled up in my eyes even though i was not really crying!

I weigh far too much for my size! Thankfully I am a 'big feet' otherwise the pain will be even more on smaller feet.

The pity is that I lack the weight bearing arch in my feet. :(

Visalakshi Ramani

சிந்தனை தந்த இந்திர ஜாலம்

#145. மண்புழுவும், ஒட்டுண்ணியும்

மண்புழுவும் ஒட்டுண்ணியும் ஒருபோல
மற்றவற்றைச் சார்ந்து வாழ்ந்தாலும்,
நன்மைகள் பல செய்யும் மண் புழுக்கள்;
நாசம் செய்துவிடும் ஒட்டுண்ணிகள்.

மண்ணை உண்டு வெளியேற்றி அதன்
மாண்பைப் பெருக்கும் மண்புழுக்கள்.
உள்ளே காற்றுப் புக வழிகள் செய்து,
உழவனின் நண்பன் எனப் பெயர் பெறும்!

ஒட்டுண்ணிகள் ஒட்டிப் பிழைப்பவை;
ஒட்டிக்கொண்ட இடத்தையே நன்றாக
உறிஞ்சி உறிஞ்சி அவ்விடத்தில் உள்ள
உயிர்ச் சத்தையே அழித்து விடுபவை.

மனிதரிலும் உண்டு இவ்விரு வகை,
மனத்தையே தாக்கும் இவ்வுண்மை!
சேர்ந்த இடத்தை சிறப்புறச் செய்பவர்,
சேர்ந்த இடத்தை நாசம் செய்பவர் என!

தன் உயிர் அளித்தேனும் காப்பர் சிலர்
தனக்கு இடம் அளித்த பெருமக்களை;
தான் உயிர் வாழ வேண்டித் தன்னைத்
தாங்குபவரையே அழித்துவிடுவர் சிலர்.

சேர்க்கும் முன்பே நன்கு சிந்தியுங்கள்,
சேர்த்தபின் ஏதும் செய்ய இயலாது!
சேர்க்கப் போவது மனித உருவில் உள்ள
சிறந்த மண் புழுவா அன்றி ஒட்டுண்ணியா?

வாழ்க வளமுடன்
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

#145. THE PARASITE AND THE EARTHWORM.

A parasite and an earthworm both depend on others for their food requirements.But yet they can’t be more different.

The earthworm consumes the soil and makes air passages in it. It loosens the soil and helps the air to circulate better. It has earned the nick name as ‘The Farmer’s Friend’.

A parasite on the other hand absorbs nutrition from the host by sucking its life energy. It will cherish itself well even as its host perishes.

It is a shocking fact that even among the human beings we have these two types of persons. There are a few who like the earthworm enrich the place they live in and help their hosts. The other type will thrive even as they destroy their hosts.

If you are taking in any one please ponder as to whether the person is an ‘earthworm’ or a ‘parasite’. Once they move in you can not get rid of them.

Think well “Is the person a friendly earthworm or a destructive parasite?

naithru

Bharathi was struck by an elephant at Parthasarathy temple, Triplicane, Chennai, whom Bharathi used to feed regularly. Although Bharathi survived the incident, a few months later his health deteriorated and Bharathi died on September 11, 1921

naithru

No mention about plantain was having a needle and he was feeding the elephant. He is not that cruel to animals. His death was much later madam, he survived the attack. On his last journey only dozen attended. He was not able to eat properly. That was the reason for his death. There were more followers of british and a few helped him

Visalakshi Ramani

It is said that two women can not live under one roof.
Maybe this true of two Goddess Lakshmi and Saraswathi as well.
How else can we explain the dire poverty of many great poets right from ancient days?
Man's life is hard since he has to earn the bread for his clan by hook or crook.
Woman's life is hard because she must be able expand and extend what little he brings to the feed the entire family. I better not talk about the struggling and unfortunate single parents! :(

Visalakshi Ramani

Needle in a plantain? Far from it. The proverb was smoothly make one's , a subtle remark without hurting
The subtle comment does not visibly hurt nor makes the person fly off in a tangent. But the remark does sink in deeply very slowly. It stings for a longer period since the victim can not get it out of his system by throwing a temper tantrum. He has to grin and bear it outwardly and cry his heart out secretly in solitude!

Visalakshi Ramani

I am in the habit of greeting/ wishing everyone I meet everyday.
In the forum hundreds of people walk past but unseen by me unheard by me and invisible to me.
Any human contact proves that I am not all alone in a dark world - devoid of Sound, Light and Life!

guruvayurappan

#145. மண்புழுவும், ஒட்டுண்ணியும்

மண்புழுவும் ஒட்டுண்ணியும் ஒருபோல
மற்றவற்றைச் சார்ந்து வாழ்ந்தாலும்,
நன்மைகள் பல செய்யும் மண் புழுக்கள்;
நாசம் செய்துவிடும் ஒட்டுண்ணிகள்.

மண்ணை உண்டு வெளியேற்றி அதன்
மாண்பைப் பெருக்கும் மண்புழுக்கள்.
உள்ளே காற்றுப் புக வழிகள் செய்து,
உழவனின் நண்பன் எனப் பெயர் பெறும்!

ஒட்டுண்ணிகள் ஒட்டிப் பிழைப்பவை;
ஒட்டிக்கொண்ட இடத்தையே நன்றாக
உறிஞ்சி உறிஞ்சி அவ்விடத்தில் உள்ள
உயிர்ச் சத்தையே அழித்து விடுபவை.

மனிதரிலும் உண்டு இவ்விரு வகை,
மனத்தையே தாக்கும் இவ்வுண்மை!
சேர்ந்த இடத்தை சிறப்புறச் செய்பவர்,
சேர்ந்த இடத்தை நாசம் செய்பவர் என!

தன் உயிர் அளித்தேனும் காப்பர் சிலர்
தனக்கு இடம் அளித்த பெருமக்களை;
தான் உயிர் வாழ வேண்டித் தன்னைத்
தாங்குபவரையே அழித்துவிடுவர் சிலர்.

சேர்க்கும் முன்பே நன்கு சிந்தியுங்கள்,
சேர்த்தபின் ஏதும் செய்ய இயலாது!
சேர்க்கப் போவது மனித உருவில் உள்ள
சிறந்த மண் புழுவா அன்றி ஒட்டுண்ணியா?

வாழ்க வளமுடன்
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

#145. THE PARASITE AND THE EARTHWORM.

A parasite and an earthworm both depend on others for their food requirements.But yet they can’t be more different.

The earthworm consumes the soil and makes air passages in it. It loosens the soil and helps the air to circulate better. It has earned the nick name as ‘The Farmer’s Friend’.

A parasite on the other hand absorbs nutrition from the host by sucking its life energy. It will cherish itself well even as its host perishes.

It is a shocking fact that even among the human beings we have these two types of persons. There are a few who like the earthworm enrich the place they live in and help their hosts. The other type will thrive even as they destroy their hosts.

If you are taking in any one please ponder as to whether the person is an ‘earthworm’ or a ‘parasite’. Once they move in you can not get rid of them.

Think well “Is the person a friendly earthworm or a destructive parasite?
Hello sister!
How to find the parasite or earthworm.After the result ,it Will be too late if he/she happens to

Visalakshi Ramani

Hello Guruji! namaste! :)
If the person works on a mutually benefitting mode, he/she is an earthworm!
If the person just wants to grow while destroying the benefactor, he/she is a parasite!
A spade does the same thing - draw in and collect everything in one direction.

Visalakshi Ramani

#146. மன்மதனா? அந்தகனா?

இயற்கையின் விநோதங்களில் ஒன்று
எதிர்மறைப் பொருட்கள் கவர்ச்சி கொள்வது!
எள்ளும் அரிசியும் போன்ற எதிர்மறைகள்
எள்ளளவும் தயக்கமின்றி இணைந்து கொள்வது!

சிறிய உருவம் கொண்ட ஒரு மனிதன்
பெரிய வடிவப் பெண்ணை விரும்புவதும்;
தங்கம் போன்று மின்னும் ஒரு பெண்
தரங்கெட்ட ஒருவனை விரும்புவதும்;

எழுப்பும் நம் உள்ளத்தில் ஒரு கேள்வி,
“ஏன் பல முறை இப்படியே நிகழ்கிறது?
மலர் அம்பு எய்து மனிதரை மயக்கும்
மன்மதன் என்பவன் ஒரு அந்தகனா?”

காதலில் “விழுந்தோம்” என்கின்றார்கள்.
காதலில் “எழுந்தோம்” என்று யாரேனும்
ஒருவரேனும் கூறியது உண்டா இதுவரை?
ஒவ்வாதவர்கள் வேறு என்ன கூற முடியும்?

காதலுக்கு கண் இல்லை, உண்மைதான்.
காதலுக்கு அறிவுத் திறனுமா இல்லை?
கண்ணிமை போலத் தன்னைக் காத்தவரை
கண நேரத்தில் தூக்கி எறிவதும் எப்படி?

பட்டு மெத்தையும், பால் சோறும் தந்த
பாசம் மிகு தாய், தந்தையரை மறந்து,
நெஞ்சில் கொஞ்சமும் ஈரமில்லாது – அவர்
நெஞ்சங்களைக் கலங்க வைப்பதும் எப்படி?

நான், நான் எனத் தன்னையே மையப்படுத்தி
தான்தோன்றியாகச் செயல்படுவதும் எப்படி?
நன்றி மறந்து, சுற்றமனைத்தும் வெறுத்து
நானிலத்தில் உலவித் திரிவதும் எப்படி?

“மன்மதனே! உனக்கு ஒரு வேண்டுகோள்;
மலர்க்கணை விடும் முன்னர் சற்றே யோசி,
மனமும், குணமும், குலமும், கல்வியும்,
மண் துகள் அளவேனும் பொருந்துமா என்று!”

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

#146. Is Love blind?

One of the strangest things we find in nature is the attraction between the opposite poles and the
repulsion between the like poles. It is the same with human mentality also. Like Sesame seeds and Rice, the opposites form a wonderful combination of Black and White.

We find men of small stature getting attracted to huge girls and vice versa. A pretty damsel often chooses a person who actually highlights her beauty by his crudeness.

This question arises in our mind time and again,” Why do such things keep happening all the time? Is Love really blind after all?” People say that they ‘fall’ in love! Why can’t they rise in love? Do they secretly accept that their love is their downfall too?

Love is blind or so it seems. Is it a dumb fool too? How can the boys and girls ‘falling ‘ in love, desert their parents – who had held them as the apples of their eyes – at a moment’s notice?

How can they hurt the feelings of their parents who have struggled all their lives to give the best to their children? How can they hurt the parents who have shown nothing but love?

How can the lovers keep themselves as the center of the world and wish that everything should happen according to their wishes? How can they become so indifferent and ungrateful?

"Oh! Lord of love Manmatha! I request this from you. Before you shoot your flower arrows on the young boys and girls, please make sure that there is at least an iota of match between them in the various aspects that are bound to affect their lives later on!"

Visalakshi Ramani

#147. நரியும், நாரியும்!

காகமும், நரியும் என்ற குட்டிக் கதையை
குழந்தைகளும் கூட நன்கு அறிவார்கள்.
கதையின் போக்குச் சற்றே மாறிவிட்டதால்,
கதையின் தலைப்பும் சற்று மாறிவிட்டது.

நரன் என்பது ஒரு மனிதனைக் குறிக்கும்;
நாரிமணி என்றால் ஒரு சிறந்த பெண்மணி.
நரியின் குணத்துடன் நாரியை வெல்லும்,
நரனின் தந்திரமே இங்கு காணப்போவது.

பொறுமையில் சிறந்தவள் பூமியைப் போல;
கருணையில் சிறந்தவள் ஒரு தாயைப் போல;
அறிவில் சிறந்தவள் ஒளிர் சூரியனைப் போல;
அன்பில் சிறந்தவள் குளிர் நிலவைப் போல.

இத்தனை சிறப்புகள் இருந்தபோதிலும்,
எத்தன் நரனிடம் அவள் ஏமாறுவது ஏன்?
மெத்தப் படித்தவளாக இருந்த போதிலும்,
மொத்தமாக ஏமாந்து போவது எப்படி?

தாம் பெற்ற பிள்ளைகளை, அவர்கள் முன்
தாமே புகழக்கூடாது என்கிறது மனு நீதி.
நற்குலத்தில் உதித்ததால், அவள் என்றும்
பெற்றோரின் புகழ்ச்சியைக் கேட்டதில்லை!

நரன் ஒருவன், நரியின் தந்திரத்துடன் வந்து,
நிரம்ப அதிகமாகவே அவளைப் புகழ்வான்
அவள் அறிவை முற்றிலும் மயக்கிவிட்டு,
ஆழ் குழியில் தள்ளி, அவளை அழிப்பதற்கு!

புகழ்ச்சியைக் கேட்டறியாத நாரிமணியும்,
புகழ்ச்சியில் ஏமாந்து மயங்கியே நிற்பாள்!
காகம் தொலைத்ததோ ஒரு சிறு வடையையே.
கன்னி தொலைக்கப்போவதோ தன் வாழ்வையே.

ஆதாயம் இல்லாமல் எவரும் ஒரு பாயும்
ஆற்றோடு போய்விடமாட்டார் அன்றோ?
ஆதாயம் என்ன தேடுகின்றார் என்று நன்கு
ஆராய்ந்து, ஆபத்தைத் தவிர்ப்பீர் நாரிமணிகளே!

ஐந்து அறிவு படைத்த காகம் ஏமாந்ததே
இன்றுவரை அழகிய கதையாக உலவுகிறது.
ஆறு அறிவு படைத்த நீங்கள் ஏமாந்தால்,
அது எத்தனை காலம் பேசப்படும் அறிவீரா?

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

#147. A Fox and a woman.

The title should have been The Fox and The Crow. But the story became slightly different. Hence the title too! ‘Naran’ denotes a man and ‘NAri’ a woman. This story is about a Naran who conquers a NAri with the cunning of a Fox.

The girls are as great as the Goddess of Earth in their Patience. They are as kind as the Universal Mother. They are as intelligent as the brilliant Sun. Why then do they get cheated by the cunning men?

Manu Dharma Sastra says that parent should not praise their children in their presence. Being born in a cultured and educated family, she has never listened to any praise at home. When a man praises her sky high, just as the fox did the crow, she becomes intoxicated by the praise and throws caution to the wind.

When a crow forgot itself it lost just a snack but the girl will lose her life and her future. No one praises anyone else without an ulterior and selfish motive. If she is swept off her feet and gets carried away, her life gets out of her control.

So be on guard young girls! The story of the crow and the fox has been in circulation since several centuries. If you do anything rash, it will reflect on your family members for the rest of their lives.

Visalakshi Ramani

#148. கலி தரும் இன்னல்கள்!

கலி காலத்தில் நடப்பவை எல்லாம்,
கிலி அளிப்பனவாக இருந்திடுமே!
ஆயிரம், ஆயிரம் ஆண்டுகள் முன்பே,
அறிந்திருந்தார் இதை ஞானியர் அன்றே!

பொறுமை, இரக்கம், மனிதனின் ஆயுள்,
அறிவு, ஞானம், சுத்தம், குறையும்.
பொருளே பெரியது; குலம், வம்சம்,
திறமை, உண்மை, நேர்மை அல்ல.

கணவன் பேச்சை மனைவி மதியாள்,
கனவான் கூற்றை சிறியவர் மதியார்.
மனைவி சகோதரன் கை ஓங்கி நிற்கும்,
தனது சகோதரர்க்கு எங்கும் இடம் இல்லை .

வர்ணங்கள், ஜாதி பேதங்கள் அழிந்திடும்,
தர்மம் , தானம், தவம் குறைந்திடும்;
திருமணம் என்பது இரு மனப்பொருத்தம்;
ஒரு ஆண், ஒரு பெண் மட்டுமே தேவை.

கோத்திரம், கல்வி, குடும்பச் சூழ்நிலை,
கேட்கவே வேண்டாம் வேறு எதையுமே!
இல்லற இன்பமே அனைவரின் தேவை;
இல்லறம் நல்லறம் புரிவதற்கு அல்ல!

கல்வியை விற்று பல அந்தணர்களும்,
பொருட்களை விற்று மற்றவர்களும்,
கற்பை விற்று பல பெண்களும், அறம்
பெருந்தாத வாழ்க்கை வாழ்ந்திடுவர்!

வணிகம் என்றாலே வஞ்சகம் தான்,
அனைவரும் செய்வதால் அதுவும் சரியே.
நாணயம், நேர்மை, என்று நினைத்தால் ,
அனைத்தையும் இழந்து, நிற்க வேண்டும்.

திறமையும், அறிவும் நன்கு பயன்படும்,
தன் குடும்பத்தினரை பேணுவதற்கே!
சிறந்த அறங்கள் செய்வார் பலரும்,
தம் பெயர் புகழுடன் விளங்குவதற்கே!

வேலியே பயிரை மேய்வது போலே,
வேந்தனே மக்களைச் சுரண்டிடுவான்!
பொன், பொருள், பெண் என்ற எல்லாம்
தன்னது என்றே பறித்துக் கொள்வான்

அதிக வெய்யில், அதிக வெப்பம், புயல்;
அதிகக் காற்று, அதிக மழை , வெள்ளம்;
பஞ்சம் என்று இயற்கையும் தன் பங்குக்கு
வஞ்சனை செய்யும்; வாட்டி வதைக்கும்!

வருமுன் காப்போம், மிகவும் கவனமாக;
கலியின் பற்பல இன்னல்களில் இருந்து;
இறைவன் திருஅருள் நம் மீது இருந்தால்,
இது முற்றிலும் சாத்தியம், சத்தியமே!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

#148. KALI PRABHAAVAM.

Thousands of years ago, Kali Prabhaavam had been foreseen and enlisted by great Gnaanis of ancient India. Most of them are proving to be accurately foreseen true predictions.

Virtues like Patience, sympathy, life span, intelligence, wisdom, cleanliness, will be decreasing continuously. Money or riches will be the only criterion not the varnam, vamsam, talent, satyam or honesty.

Dharmam, Dhanam and Tapas will be on the decline. The distinctions of castes and communities will vanish. For a marriage to take place, we only two people willing to tie the knot.

No importance will be given to the gothram, education, family background, social status etc. The aim of the marriages will be pure physical pleasures and not upholding sanaathana dharma.

Wife will slight her husband and the poor will slight the rich! The wife’s brothers will have a say in ever issue while the brothers husbands will kept at bay.

Brahmins will make a livelihood by selling their knowledge, and the other three varNas by selling other things. Many women will make a living selling their virtue. The word business will imply cheating. Since everyone will be cheating, there will be no social stigma attached to it.

All the time and talent of a man will be utilized in minding the welfare of his own family. Even those who do good deeds will be doing them only for self advertisement, a good name and fame.

The rulers will loot the citizens systematically. Gold, land and beautiful women will all be grabbed by the rulers. Too much heat, floods, storms, famines and droughts will affect the normal lives of the people.

The only way to protect from the effects of Kali is to surrender to God and catch hold of His lotus feet strongly. We can not remove the bad effects of Kali but we can protect ourselves from them.

Visalakshi Ramani

#149. மயிலும், குயிலும்!

மயில் ஆடுவதற்கென்றே பிறந்தது,
மயில் அகவினாலோ கர்ண கடூரம்!
குயில் பாடுவதற்கென்றே பிறந்தது,
குயில் விரும்பினாலும் ஆட முடியாது!

இயற்கையின் நியதியை அறிவோம்;
இயல்பினை சற்றேனும் அறிந்தோமா?
நம் வாரிசுகளாக உதித்த குழந்தைகளின்
நல்ல திறமைகளை நாம் அறிந்தோமா?

விரும்பிய ஒன்றைச் செய்யும் போது
அரும்பிடும் ஒருவரின் தனித் திறமைகள்!
விரும்பாத ஒன்றைச் செய்ய மனம்
விரும்பாது போவது இயல்பல்லவா?

நாம் விரும்பியும் நமக்குக் கிட்டாததை,
நம் குழந்தைகள் மீது திணித்துவிடுவோம்!
நல்லது செய்வதாக நினைத்து அவர்க்கு
அல்லதை மட்டுமே செய்துவருவோம்!

மதிப்பெண் குறைவாக எடுத்தவனை, நன்கு
மிதித்தால் மதிப்பெண் கூடிடுமா? அவன்
தனித் திறமை எதுவென்று கண்டு, அதை
இனித்த முறையில் வளர்க்க வேண்டாமா?

ஒவ்வொருவருள்ளும் ஒரு சிறந்த திறமை
ஒளிந்து கொண்டு இருக்கின்றதே அதை
ஓங்கி வளரச் செய்து விட்டால், வாழ்வே
ஒளி மயம் ஆகிச் சுடர் விடும் அன்றோ?

கான மயிலிடம் பாடலையும், மற்றும்
கானக் குயிலிடம் ஆடலையும் தேடாதீர்!
பசுவிடம் கனிந்த பழங்களையும், மற்றும்
பாலை, மரங்களிடமும் என்றும் தேடாதீர்!

எது எது எங்கு எங்கு உள்ளதோ – நமக்கு
அது அது அங்கு அங்குதான் கிடைக்கும்!
இதுவரை நாம் செய்த தவறுகள் போதும்;
இனிமேல் நல்ல திறமைகளை வளர்ப்போம்!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

# 149. The peacock and the cuckoo.

The peacock is born to dance. Its call is ugly and repulsive. On the other hand the cuckoo is born to sing. It can not dance even if it wants to!

We watch the Nature and learn these facts. But do we know the real nature of our own children? Do we really know their strength and weakness?

When we do things we like to do, we perform very well. But when forced to do something not to our liking, we just make half hearted attempts that are not sincere.

Usually parents want their children to achieve whatever they themselves want to achieve but could not. They have the best intentions no doubt but they are not doing the best thing for their children.

If child scores less marks, the parents should try to find where lies the real problem and not just beat him. Can the boy improve his score as a result of the beatings? The parents must find out what interests him best and train him in that field.

There is a latent talent in everyone of us. If we discover them early in or lives and nurture them, we will emerge successful in our lives.

A word of advice to the parents…
Do not try to train a peacock to sing.
Do not try to train a cuckoo to dance.
Do not look for ripe fruits in cows.
Do not look or cow’s milk in trees.

We can get only what is there already. It is high time for the parents to reform their thinking and cherish and nourish the real talents of their children.

Visalakshi Ramani

#150. இனம் இனத்தோடு…!

உலகினை வெறுத்து, உண்மையைத் தேடி;
உள்ளத்தை அடக்கி, உன்னித் தவம் செய்த;
ஒரு முனி மடியில், விழுந்தது சிறு எலி;
பருந்திடமிருந்து, திமிறிப் பிழைத்தது.

தன் தவ வலிமையால் அச்சிறு எலியை,
தவழும் குழந்தையாய் மாற்றினான் முனிவன்.
தவத்தையும் மறந்து, குழவியைப் பேணி,
தாயும், தந்தையுமாய், மாறினான் முனிவன்.

காலம் பறந்தது, நாட்கள் உருண்டன;
கண் கவர் கன்னியாய் வளர்ந்து நின்றாள்.
காலம் தாழ்த்தாமல் கடி மணம் முடிக்க,
எண்ணினான் முனிவன், தண் அருளோடு.

அருமை, பெருமையாய் வளர்த்த மகளை,
அன்புடன் பேணும், கணவனைத் தேடினான்.
சிறுமியும் உரைத்தாள், தன் சீரிய கணவன்,
சிறந்தவனாகத் திகழ வேண்டும் என.

ஒளியுடன் வெப்பமும், உமிழ்ந்துயிர் காக்கும்,
ஒளிக் கதிரவனை அழைத்தான் முனிவன்.
“உலகினில் சிறந்தவன் நீயே அதனால்,
வலக்கரம் பிடிப்பாய் என் சிறு மகளின்”.

“ஒளியும் வெப்பமும் உமிழ்ந்த போதிலும்,
ஒளி குன்றிடுவேன் ஓர் கார் மேகத்தால்.
என்னைக் காட்டிலும் சிறந்தவன் மேகமே,
சின்னப் பெண்ணை அவனுக்கு அளியும்.”

சொன்ன கதிரவன் சென்றபின் முனைந்து,
மன்னுயிர் காக்க மா மழை பொழியும்,
மண்டிய மேகத்தை அழைத்தான் முனிவன்.
வேண்டியபடி மணம் புரியச் சொன்னான்.

“ஊதும் காற்றால் உருக்குலைவேன் நான்.
ஊரார் அறிவார், காற்றே வலியவன்.
உங்கள் மகளை அவனுக்கே அளியும்”.
தங்காமல் சென்றான் காரிருள் மேகம்.

ஓடும் காற்றை அழைத்தான் முனிவன்,
தேடும் கணவன் அவனே என்றான்.
“ஓடும் என்னையும் வாடச்செய்யும்,
ஒருவன் உள்ளான்; அவன் இந்த மலையே!

என்னைக் காட்டிலும் வலியவன் மலையே,
சின்னப் பெண்ணை அவனுக்கு அளியும்.”
மலையிடம் சென்றான் மாதவ முனிவன்,
நிலைமையைச் சொல்லி, பதில் எதிர்பார்த்தான்,

“வலியவன் நான் என்பது உண்மையே! ஆயினும்,
எலியிடம் தோற்றுப் போவதைக் காண்பீர்.
சிறிய உருவம், ஆயினும் வலிய முயற்சியால்,
பெரிய என்னையும் துளைத்திடுவான் எலி.”

மலைத்து நின்றான் முனிவன், ஆனால்
மகிழ்ந்து நின்றாள் முனிவரின் மகள்.
தனக்கு மிகவும் இசைந்த கணவன் அந்த
தன்னிகரில்லா எலியே தான் என்றாள்.

இனத்தோடு தான் இனம் சேரும் அன்றோ!
அனைத்தும் அறிந்தவன், இதை அறியவில்லை.
கனத்த மனத்தோடு, வருந்திய போதிலும்;
மனத்துள் வாழ்த்தி, மணம் செய்வித்தான்.

கதிரவனையும், கார் மேகத்தையும் விட,
காற்றையும், கனத்த கல் மலையையும் விட,
சிற்றெலி தான் சிறந்தவன் என்று நம்மால்
சிரிக்காமல் சொல்ல முடியுமா பாரும்!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

#150. Birds of a feather…

A great rishi had denounced the world and was absorbed in severe tapas. A tiny mouse struggled and escaped from the clutches of a kite flying above and fell own on his lap. He was deeply moved to pity to see the scared little mouse shivering all over. He transformed he muse to a beautiful baby girl.

Caring for his new found daughter became his prime concern. He became her father, mother, friend, philosopher and guide. Years rolled by and the girl attained marriageable age. The rishi would wed his daughter only to the most worthy person. None but the best could become his son in law.

The Sun God was the most powerful in the entire creation. He requested the Sun to accept his daughter for a wife. But the Sum God replied politely, ” I may appear all powerful but it is not true! A small could can hide me completely screening off my heat and light rays. There is no doubt that the cloud is stronger than me.”

Th rishi approached the cloud and begged him to marry his daughter. The cloud replied politely, ” Sire I can hide the Sun and block his rays. But a strong wind can blow me out of shape and destroy me. Undoubtedly the wind is stronger than me.”

Now the rishi approached the wind and requested him to marry his daughter. The wind replied, ” Sire I can blow the cloud out of shape no doubt but a mountain can stop me completely. You can very well see that a mountain is much stronger than me.”

The rishi approached the mountain. The mountain replied, “Sir! I can stop the wind but the little mouse there can make tunnels in my body. He is stronger than me. He may be a better husband to your daughter.”

The rishi stood speechless. But his daughter jumped with joy and excitement.,”Yes father! He will make a perfect husband for me!” The rishi was crestfallen but performed the wedding after transforming the mouse into a handsome young man.

The rishi knew everything but had forgotten the fact that birds of a feather flock together.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts