• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A Mathematics/Physics view of Siddhis and Realization..

What are siddhis..? what is realization..?

There are ‘patterns’ lurking behind in every aspect of universe. From how earthquakes strike to burglaries happening in a city to how men and women like each other, in every aspect of our life there are design patterns that lurk behind. Mathematics can help you figure out the design patterns and use that design patterns to extrapolate them to future happenings.

Watch the video here

There are always smart people who can figure out these design patterns in their mind, crunch these numbers much faster than others and extrapolate them to future happenings or use these patterns for body language or mind-reading or even control other beings. We call it instincts sometimes or extra-sensory perceptions sometimes or ‘siddhis’ sometimes.

Not that we can exactly predict the future with these ‘siddhi’ or ‘capabilities’. Just better educated guesses could showcase huge impacts of our ‘siddhi to others’. But below it all it’s just mathematics and ability of brain to do that mathematics at play. But these capabilities or ‘siddhi’ does not mean we truly transcend into realization.
  • Known and Unknown are viewing the surface level, 3 dimensional, deterministic, localized cause-effects, still attached with the self.
  • Realization is ability to view the deeply internal, multi dimensional, probabilistic, universal cause-effects, totally detached from the self.
While an inherent mathematics ability can help to transcend from known into unknown and help us to develop a detached perspective, it requires will and a lot of consistent practice to internalize this detached perspective and operate at a deeply internal (say consciousness) level that is multi-dimensional probabilistic, seeing the universal cause-effects.
That’s one of the reason, mahAperiyavA says ‘From mathematics, every sAstra is a basis for Atma VidhyA, which is about ‘realization’ and not just knowing’.

Listen to him in this brahma jnana vali mAlA in tamil.

What are siddhis..? what is realization..?

There are ‘patterns’ lurking behind in every aspect of universe. From how earthquakes strike to burglaries happening in a city to how men and women like each other, in every aspect of our life there are design patterns that lurk behind. Mathematics can help you figure out the design patterns and use that design patterns to extrapolate them to future happenings.

Watch the video here

There are always smart people who can figure out these design patterns in their mind, crunch these numbers much faster than others and extrapolate them to future happenings or use these patterns for body language or mind-reading or even control other beings. We call it instincts sometimes or extra-sensory perceptions sometimes or ‘siddhis’ sometimes.

Not that we can exactly predict the future with these ‘siddhi’ or ‘capabilities’. Just better educated guesses could showcase huge impacts of our ‘siddhi to others’. But below it all it’s just mathematics and ability of brain to do that mathematics at play. But these capabilities or ‘siddhi’ does not mean we truly transcend into realization.
  • Known and Unknown are viewing the surface level, 3 dimensional, deterministic, localized cause-effects, still attached with the self.
  • Realization is ability to view the deeply internal, multi dimensional, probabilistic, universal cause-effects, totally detached from the self.
While an inherent mathematics ability can help to transcend from known into unknown and help us to develop a detached perspective, it requires will and a lot of consistent practice to internalize this detached perspective and operate at a deeply internal (say consciousness) level that is multi-dimensional probabilistic, seeing the universal cause-effects.
That’s one of the reason, mahAperiyavA says ‘From mathematics, every sAstra is a basis for Atma VidhyA, which is about ‘realization’ and not just knowing’.

Listen to him in this brahma jnana vali mAlA in tamil.
Another way of looking at this:
Time and space are the two given facts of existence. Every life here is born in a given situation about which it can do just nothing. It can not choose or influence this coming into existence. After coming here one can do several things about the space like moving from one set of coordinates to another etc. Relative to time the movements in space can be slow or fast.
The other reality of existence called time is totally different. We can do nothing about it. That is what we call the inexorable march of time. Time is unidirectional and we live in it as it keeps moving forward. We can not go back to yesterday or last year when we want nor can we go to next week Sunday 7.30 PM live there and get back to our present time.

These are the two realities of existence. Third reality is cause and effect relationship and of course time has a role also in that interplay.

Siddhi largely involves travelling in time - back and forth. And some of us who, like all others, are born in a given situation here, are able to acquire the power to travel freely in the plane of time. They can move back and be present in the past or can move forth and be present in the future. This is the most important achievement called Siddhi.

How is this achieved is a mystery. People say realisation of the true self is the step towards this goal.

Think about it. Good luck.

When neurological network with flooded Dopamine, endorphin and other hormones flood the brain – like very deep music or deep emotion – a trance – and when Oxygen supply is low to brain when a hibernation like state is achieved in the body by breath control – yoga, one might achieve this state. When MIT and other institution scientist tested a yogi ( I will have search my archive for details) who sat inside a sealed contained buried 8 feet down in the ground for 40 days was found to alive but his heart beat slowed down to some thing like 20 beats/sec. They had all scientific instruments to verify his condition and surveillance around him etc. They had concluded that “Yogi” can go into deep trans and control his body temperature etc. Another Yogi meditated at the top of Himalaya with only loin cloth and was found to be health. What is missing is, our ancestors – some of them who attained this state- either did not document – they did not need social approval etc., or people accepted as the will of GOD for a selected few.

Siddhas had control of their mind and body but always worked for the welfare of the poor. Boga r from Palani who is known as Bogyang in China, was one of them. A Chinese King made only Siddha vaidyaa and Yoga – Acupuncture as the medicine at his time. Chinese have documents but will not help us.

I had an old Uncle (grand mother side) he had demonstrated this ability – he will not stay in our houses and will always stay in huts away from houses. I wanted to learn but I was locked up until he left. I still feel sorry that I could not learn from him but he taught me some Yoga posses I practice. Swami Chinmayananda showed how to control the mind by blocking light, sound etc. I did not trust him, but was able to feel nothing for about 5 minutes from his mass training and I do it even now and feel peace.

My grand father’s hair dresser (Barber) knew many things but refused to train me and his family thought it below their dignity to learn these things. They were the medicine men in olden days. He demonstrated his ability by just a tap on my left shoulder and I could not bring the hand down until after 2 hours I cried him and told him that I believe in his ability, he again taped and the hand came down. We have lost his knowledge. Since I wrote down my experiences, I have documented these strange encounters. Deep meditation and mindfulness can be achieved only through a real Guru.

Nothing bothers me, do not give or take bribe, I got two who took bribe without any emotional feeling for their corrupt family etc.

Sorry that I had used the word “I” – ego centric expression, still trying to figure out a way to share my experience. No glorification or saying that I am now a Siddha, rather we get here and there some bits of information but no impartial scientific investigation in India, since politics and power capture sabotage any genuine attempts. West will find one day the secret and patent it and sell to us.
Two rupees worth of my experience

Science, information, analysis ,mathematics, physics,biology etc are the domain of the intellect.
Beyond the intellect is the experience of state of Being.
In the state of Being, the intellect does not exists.

Free will isnt functioning too.
One is under the rule of Divine Will, whatever the Divine will decrees it just becomes Be and it is.

Siddhas understand this mechanism and nothing is their doing or action nor intention...they are in non -doer state.
They become conduits ..what is known as dasa in some Hindu text isnt really a slave but a conduit who has full access to the Lord yet only functions through the Will of The Lord.

The fundamental magic of all magic is transcendence of physical reality. When that is accomplished every other magic and miracle is a consequence. That happens when you raise your spiritual energy to a humungous level that it simply assimilates all negative energy. No force can have any effect on body or mind.

Time travel and teleportation and other miracles happen without effort.

Only when transcendence happens super divine powers happen.

The way to transcendence can be through body or mind. Kundalini awakening is the bottom up approach. You become refined as kundalini rises. The top down approach is trying to cultivate noble thoughts which makes your Kundalini rise. The ways are different but ultimate results same.

For me it has been a mix of both one feeding the other. So this could be the third route.

Two interesting videos worth watching and nderstand that "our ancestors wanted to thank even Sun, Moon etc., by mentioning Grahanam etc". That is, their motivation were not explained but implied.:
Untold Story of Kerala and Calculus
Ariya Bhtta – A forgotten Genius
Since script came later, to make things propagated properly they made it as slokas to remember. I have seen some merchants used the words - the price is kachunamana 145 or some thing. Arya bhata has used words to express numbers. British rule has dumbed us all.
But we also got from them corruption - I need to find the saved files - sarted in Culcutta by the East India Company to pay bribe. Now it is a part of our culture. Those who disagree are free to do so. I had presecuted two bribe takers and sent them home, but now any more. Anyway, let us see in this forum our contributions to feel good.

Another way of looking at this:
Time and space are the two given facts of existence. Every life here is born in a given situation about which it can do just nothing. It can not choose or influence this coming into existence. After coming here one can do several things about the space like moving from one set of coordinates to another etc. Relative to time the movements in space can be slow or fast.
The other reality of existence called time is totally different. We can do nothing about it. That is what we call the inexorable march of time. Time is unidirectional and we live in it as it keeps moving forward. We can not go back to yesterday or last year when we want nor can we go to next week Sunday 7.30 PM live there and get back to our present time.

These are the two realities of existence. Third reality is cause and effect relationship and of course time has a role also in that interplay.

Siddhi largely involves travelling in time - back and forth. And some of us who, like all others, are born in a given situation here, are able to acquire the power to travel freely in the plane of time. They can move back and be present in the past or can move forth and be present in the future. This is the most important achievement called Siddhi.

How is this achieved is a mystery. People say realisation of the true self is the step towards this goal.

Think about it. Good luck.
Sure thanks for your comments and feedbacks.

Just some loud thinking here..

When we talk about people with 'siddhis' as tri-kAla-jnAni's, those who know past, present and future, it may be more about their capabilities to 'infer' or 'extrapolate' based on the design patterns of related events. (this is my current understanding).

Otherwise in saMskrt kAlA is the word used to denote black, time and death. It's because all of them are uni-directional. Black is the color in which all radiations submerge and never comes out. It's unidirectional. Death is unidirectional. Time is uni-directional and hence feared.

There are eight kAlA bhairavas or events that are irreversible which modern science calls as eight arrows of time. I dealt with them here.

Science, information, analysis ,mathematics, physics,biology etc are the domain of the intellect.
Beyond the intellect is the experience of state of Being.
In the state of Being, the intellect does not exists.

Free will isnt functioning too.
One is under the rule of Divine Will, whatever the Divine will decrees it just becomes Be and it is.

Siddhas understand this mechanism and nothing is their doing or action nor intention...they are in non -doer state.
They become conduits ..what is known as dasa in some Hindu text isnt really a slave but a conduit who has full access to the Lord yet only functions through the Will of The Lord.

Hmm.. I have a different view on it. It is not by removing intellect (i assume you mean thinking processes and abilities) one becomes dAsA or conduit of that underlying consciousness to flow through. If we remove all thinking processes and abilities, we know we will only be with prajnA and nothing else. (this removal of intellect is the path that leads to use of psychedelic drugs etc)

There is another way to become dAsA. That is to develop an observer in our mind. Develop a detach witnessing observer, call it conscience/manas-sAksi etc etc, who dispassionately observes/overlooks the actions of our own mind as that of anyone else.

When this detached observer takes over, there is lot of enjoyment. You watch your own life like a gripping TV serial or entertaining cricket match, only that you are more the spectator less a player. But that observation gives lot more perspectives and depth in our understanding.

Just some loud thinking again. that's all.. Different people have different experiences..

Sure thanks for your comments and feedbacks.

Just some loud thinking here..

When we talk about people with 'siddhis' as tri-kAla-jnAni's, those who know past, present and future, it may be more about their capabilities to 'infer' or 'extrapolate' based on the design patterns of related events. (this is my current understanding).

Otherwise in saMskrt kAlA is the word used to denote black, time and death. It's because all of them are uni-directional. Black is the color in which all radiations submerge and never comes out. It's unidirectional. Death is unidirectional. Time is uni-directional and hence feared.

There are eight kAlA bhairavas or events that are irreversible which modern science calls as eight arrows of time. I dealt with them here.
It is not the ability to infer, extrapolate etc based on design patterns of related events.
For instance as you stand in a queue and when your turn comes you go near the swamiji. He addresses you by your name ( you have never met him earlier) and then tells you your wife has delivered a girl child and blesses you and gives you akshathai. You are dumbfound 1. because there is no way he could have got your name because you are a total stranger in that small crowd 2. There is no way he could gather that your wife was carrying.
In spite of all these tantalising info gaps he could do what he did before you opened your mouth. I think using your physical presence alone as a lead he has travelled in time to your home, witnessed whatever was happening there and got back in a flash to tell you what he told.
No inference, no extrapolation( perhaps these are the only possible clues you are familiar with with your familiar cause and effect plane)just a time travel perhaps.
I tell myself when I encounter such episodes, I tell myself that my “equipment” is perhaps inadequate.

It is not the ability to infer, extrapolate etc based on design patterns of related events.
For instance as you stand in a queue and when your turn comes you go near the swamiji. He addresses you by your name ( you have never met him earlier) and then tells you your wife has delivered a girl child and blesses you and gives you akshathai. You are dumbfound 1. because there is no way he could have got your name because you are a total stranger in that small crowd 2. There is no way he could gather that your wife was carrying.
In spite of all these tantalising info gaps he could do what he did before you opened your mouth. I think using your physical presence alone as a lead he has travelled in time to your home, witnessed whatever was happening there and got back in a flash to tell you what he told.
No inference, no extrapolation( perhaps these are the only possible clues you are familiar with with your familiar cause and effect plane)just a time travel perhaps.
I tell myself when I encounter such episodes, I tell myself that my “equipment” is perhaps inadequate.
I tend to agree and also tend to disagree.

It's true our equipments are inadequate. But this inadequacy is not uniform across all human beings. Some equipments have more capabilities than others in different aspects.

Then there is mAyA which makes things appear as they are. cakSusa satyata - what we see is our reality. What we see is through our vision, intellect and our understanding, which are very individualistic. So it's very difficult to compare our different realities or deny other's realities.

Generally scriptures say dharmA is fixed, eternal and cannot be defied by any 'born' beings. Without defying dharma, whatever can be done, can be done.

It's true our equipments are inadequate. But this inadequacy is not uniform across all human beings. Some equipments have more capabilities than others in different aspects.

Then there is mAyA which makes things appear as they are. cakSusa satyata - what we see is our reality. What we see is through our vision, intellect and our understanding, which are very individualistic. So it's very difficult to compare our different realities or deny other's realities.

Generally scriptures say dharmA is fixed, eternal and cannot be defied by any 'born' beings. Without defying dharma, whatever can be done, can be done.
Dear Sir,

I like your statement without defying dharma what can be done, can be done.

That says something profound about the spiritual laws. So anything is possible in reality provided it satisfies dharma.

We have very barely seen the magic and miracles of reality.

Well said Sir

These “others” may also have equipment’s whose capabilities may be unique and may not be available for those “some”. But the effort will always be to find a denominator that enables “ communication”.
The task is how to think and look at things outside the cause and effect format. How to transcend this plane and accept that there can be effects without a causative factor. It is very difficult. Maya is just a convenience.
What is the contour of this universe.? How many universes are there.? Who hung the huge mysterious black holes in their place in universe? Again am I looking for the usual “cause” there when I said that? And finally the “why”of all this. Or is my why just a meaningless mourn in pain?
All just questions without answers. May be the equipment is at fault. May be a virus has taken control at the logic gate level. Half the number of people who read this may call me mad. It does not matter. I am sure you will not miss my point.
May be true for an average person but not for all. There are convenient common denominators which help in understanding the the individualistic understandings.
Kindly define dharma.

One is tempted to define dharma in this way: any action, activity of a single person should not create or make another living thing - people-animals-plant feel the pain of their action. This exclsudes that one is not fulfilling the unrealistic desires of a living thing - Ahimsa Paramo Dharma (unfornately this is also a dogma). Put in another way, if you can not help any living thing don't harm them at least. From this one can derive subdharmas:
-caring
sharing
loving
serving..
Just repeating the dogma of our elders may not make sense unless the hidden message is understood - a very difficult task, since the implied meanng is known only to the karta.
From historical perspective, dharma had been dynamic and not static as the whole world is dynamic.
Note: In this section only a very people share their understanding of any thing, but jump to argue without classifying their understanding. Is it "Maunam kalaka Nasti " is operating?
Two rupees worth of my personal view ( and I try my best to live with my definition 99% time and the 1% of time it could not be maintained due to enviornmental factors).

To me the concept of adharma is more significant. Preventing adharma is the goal of God. Dharma then automatically prevails.

What is adharma? Keeping the interests of self paramount even at the cost of harming others. If this is done in a systematic manner and on a large scale it assumes greater diabolism and paves the way for the Avatar of God.

To me the concept of adharma is more significant. Preventing adharma is the goal of God. Dharma then automatically prevails.

What is adharma? Keeping the interests of self paramount even at the cost of harming others. If this is done in a systematic manner and on a large scale it assumes greater diabolism and paves the way for the Avatar of God.
Sravna, God as in unmanifest is beyond any polar opposite.
Dharma is for us to align with.
It either works for us or against us.
The avatar just works on making the whole system of Dharma user friendly so that those who seek to align may do so and those who do not align go astray till finally one day they too align.

Sravna, God as in unmanifest is beyond any polar opposite.
Dharma is for us to align with.
It either works for us or against us.
The avatar just works on making the whole system of Dharma user friendly so that those who seek to align may do so and those who do not align go astray till finally one day they too align.
Different perspective

I wait for the bigthinkg ‘s post giving his understanding of what is dharma.
Person
I wait for the bigthinkg ‘s post giving his understanding of what is dharma.
One who performs actions without attachment and expecting benefits for oneself rises oneself to higher level and helps in maintaining dharma. Such ones will be doings ones actions as service to the supreme and will be devoid karma results and will be free

Person

One who performs actions without attachment and expecting benefits for oneself rises oneself to higher level and helps in maintaining dharma. Such ones will be doings ones actions as service to the supreme and will be devoid karma results and will be free
Even deached acions have unintended atachment such as, did I do it corectly, did I offend any one-- the reality is only those in whose heart the Lord lives always and makes him or her oblivious to any thing will be able to be detached. One in trillion may be like that. But keep trying is the key toward moving total dedication. It is not against your view, but just a reflection on reality.

Person

This is what our ancestors have said. But what simple steps one should take first that will lead to the next step and so on until without attachment occurs is not shown here. So, the proverb : Intelligent people don't need advice, fools will not udnestand it" is the reality. So, what historically our ancestors did is tated but how did they achieve is not documented. That is the problem we face. So, my approach is: I do some thing and never expect or accept 'thank you", but I will always say "thank you". Over a period time, this habit has grown and not I just do what I think is right and if some one abuse me, I ignore. yet, total detachment still elusive.

These “others” may also have equipment’s whose capabilities may be unique and may not be available for those “some”. But the effort will always be to find a denominator that enables “ communication”.
The task is how to think and look at things outside the cause and effect format. How to transcend this plane and accept that there can be effects without a causative factor. It is very difficult. Maya is just a convenience.
What is the contour of this universe.? How many universes are there.? Who hung the huge mysterious black holes in their place in universe? Again am I looking for the usual “cause” there when I said that? And finally the “why”of all this. Or is my why just a meaningless mourn in pain?
All just questions without answers. May be the equipment is at fault. May be a virus has taken control at the logic gate level. Half the number of people who read this may call me mad. It does not matter. I am sure you will not miss my point.

May be true for an average person but not for all. There are convenient common denominators which help in understanding the the individualistic understandings.

Kindly define dharma.

dharma (in my understanding) are the 'laws' on which the Universe is built. There are different laws (dharma) operating in the Universe in quantum, classical, biological, cosmological domains. Matter forms and biological beings 'obey' this dharma or the laws. So dharma (the laws) become the foundation or platform for repeatability/predictability/rhythm or 'order' in the Universe which is called 'rta'. (that's why seasons which repeat are equated to rta).

There could be definitely things outside the realm of our current perception (at all times). For eg. even in science concepts like EPR paradox which states that irrespective of distance separated quantum entangled particles change their properties based on how they were entangled originally (what einstein called spooky action at a distance) are observed but not well explained.

So spooky things are possible to be observed in any domain. But the reason they are spooky are limitations of our observation, but which keep reducing, as our knowledge expands.

If we believe our scriptures Universe originated from one purusha, whose half-part stri started expanding/evolving and created the Universe. This expansion obeys the dharma (laws) and establishes the rta (order/rhythm). purusha remains a sAksi, an observer or witness to this expansion. Cause-effect (or karma) runs on top of the dharma-rta of the Universe.

My idea of Universe (what i imagine from reading of scriptures) is, inside a 'pillar' of non-evolving energy, in which all force-fields are unified, a 'crack' developed in between (because the dark energy scalar field separated out), creating vacuum (empty space of 5 dimensions) filled with ocean of evolving energy, the crack then expands far and huge in 4 spatial dimensions, while fifth dimension gets shortened in this process. Of 4 spatial dimensions, fourth dimension is perceived as 'time', while the 3 spatial dimension gets filled with energy, on which force-fields further get separated creating all the Universe.

The Universe is like a golden uterus (inside the pillar of non-evolving energy). Inside that uterus, we the matter forms and biological beings live.

Will we know it fully ever..? If you believe nasadeeya suktam, no we will only come to know of what's behind only partly and not fully ever.

dharma (in my understanding) are the 'laws' on which the Universe is built. There are different laws (dharma) operating in the Universe in quantum, classical, biological, cosmological domains. Matter forms and biological beings 'obey' this dharma or the laws. So dharma (the laws) become the foundation or platform for repeatability/predictability/rhythm or 'order' in the Universe which is called 'rta'. (that's why seasons which repeat are equated to rta).

There could be definitely things outside the realm of our current perception (at all times). For eg. even in science concepts like EPR paradox which states that irrespective of distance separated quantum entangled particles change their properties based on how they were entangled originally (what einstein called spooky action at a distance) are observed but not well explained.

So spooky things are possible to be observed in any domain. But the reason they are spooky are limitations of our observation, but which keep reducing, as our knowledge expands.

If we believe our scriptures Universe originated from one purusha, whose half-part stri started expanding/evolving and created the Universe. This expansion obeys the dharma (laws) and establishes the rta (order/rhythm). purusha remains a sAksi, an observer or witness to this expansion. Cause-effect (or karma) runs on top of the dharma-rta of the Universe.

My idea of Universe (what i imagine from reading of scriptures) is, inside a 'pillar' of non-evolving energy, in which all force-fields are unified, a 'crack' developed in between (because the dark energy scalar field separated out), creating vacuum (empty space of 5 dimensions) filled with ocean of evolving energy, the crack then expands far and huge in 4 spatial dimensions, while fifth dimension gets shortened in this process. Of 4 spatial dimensions, fourth dimension is perceived as 'time', while the 3 spatial dimension gets filled with energy, on which force-fields further get separated creating all the Universe.

The Universe is like a golden uterus (inside the pillar of non-evolving energy). Inside that uterus, we the matter forms and biological beings live.

Will we know it fully ever..? If you believe nasadeeya suktam, no we will only come to know of what's behind only partly and not fully ever.
To add to the above beautiful explanation of Dharma, I believe the dharma system is hierarchic. The upper ones can override the lower ones and the nuances increase higher up in the hierarchy.

Neat explanation Sir

Latest ads

Back