• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

a living gem in medical history

We have encountered Dr. B.M. Hegde’s writing at Nirmukta before – he contributes regularly to the “Open Page” of The Hindu (see the full list of articles at the end) and they follow a similar pattern – an assortment of scare-mongering, pseudo-science and logical fallacies, coupled with a promotion of “complementary and alternative” (CAM) medicine. Every time we link one of his articles in our facebook groups, we’re inundated with furious comments tearing the article apart. We even published a rebuttal to his previous article here – A Response to Dr. B.M. Hegde – an article that to date has nearly a 100 comments, many of them by CAM proponents. His most recent article appeared in the Open Page today – Is science another of those fanatical religions?. Let’s take a look at his latest salvo.

I have family members who stopped taking medicine on the advice of Dr. Hegde and suffered a Heart attack.
Please consult a reputable physician before following a quake, it might be injurious to your health,

We have encountered Dr. B.M. Hegde’s writing at Nirmukta before – he contributes regularly to the “Open Page” of The Hindu (see the full list of articles at the end) and they follow a similar pattern – an assortment of scare-mongering, pseudo-science and logical fallacies, coupled with a promotion of “complementary and alternative” (CAM) medicine. Every time we link one of his articles in our facebook groups, we’re inundated with furious comments tearing the article apart. We even published a rebuttal to his previous article here – A Response to Dr. B.M. Hegde – an article that to date has nearly a 100 comments, many of them by CAM proponents. His most recent article appeared in the Open Page today – Is science another of those fanatical religions?. Let’s take a look at his latest salvo.

I have family members who stopped taking medicine on the advice of Dr. Hegde and suffered a Heart attack.
Please consult a reputable physician before following a quake, it might be injurious to your health,
i too have similar perception like you on his comments on critical health conditions.. For that matter i can not call him quack and ignore . He talks sense almost and how otherwise many reputed universities and bodies in india and in abroad do hire/welcome him to be one in their set up.He has huge credentials and held very high positions . That apart, but what is intriguing me is when he is openly criticising the western
[modern medicne] and calls doctors as money makers etc etc how the doctors, if their practise and profession is right to the humanity, do not raise up to protest or challenge him? I have never heard just one even raising his/her throat against him.

A section of IIT-Madras research scholars, who call themselves 'IITM Students against Pseudo-Science', on Tuesday held placards against Padma Bhushan awardee and cardiologist B M Hegde during a lecture on the campus, calling him a proponent of "pseudo-science and quackery."

Belle Monappa Hegde, who had won the third highest civilian award in 2010, was invited by one of the student bodies of the institute, 'Saathi', who also has a faculty advisor Dr Vijaylakshmi, Management Studies Department, to lecture on the topic 'Matters that Matter'. While he was speaking, the group of research scholars of the institute held placards saying 'RIP Science' and 'Saathi of Quacks' in spite of the attempt by the institute security to curb the protest.

RIP Science: How IIT-M students protested against Padma Bhushan B M Hegde's lecture on 'sauce of happiness'

A section of IIT-Madras research scholars, who call themselves 'IITM Students against Pseudo-Science', on Tuesday held placards against Padma Bhushan awardee and cardiologist B M Hegde during a lecture on the campus, calling him a proponent of "pseudo-science and quackery."

Belle Monappa Hegde, who had won the third highest civilian award in 2010, was invited by one of the student bodies of the institute, 'Saathi', who also has a faculty advisor Dr Vijaylakshmi, Management Studies Department, to lecture on the topic 'Matters that Matter'. While he was speaking, the group of research scholars of the institute held placards saying 'RIP Science' and 'Saathi of Quacks' in spite of the attempt by the institute security to curb the protest.

RIP Science: How IIT-M students protested against Padma Bhushan B M Hegde's lecture on 'sauce of happiness'
thanks . this isolated small hews does not bear anything significant comparing to the world medical community who are just silent on his remarks . Any way another of his salvo in a meeting of doctors pl watch [ i think the latest]

Last edited:
You must not blame a person

drastically different views
there are many videos in utubes
Starightaway pointing the medical care of these days and showcases as to how patients become victims referring along the pharma industries
watch this legend's

/

Heart attack cannot be caused by stopping medications. Nor do medications prevent heart attacks.

Modern medical doctors don’t research on cases anymore. So, it’s dangerous to medicate patients with life saving drugs without research. Broadly, this is why B. M. Hegde is suggesting you to be cautious and not go for modern medicines. This trend of shooing off patients in 5 minutes with a prescription is the root cause of the problem.

The alternative then is traditional medicine which has lived through time and generations - Ayurveda.

There are two sides of a coin. What Dr. Hegde says has lots of truth in it. But these are generalized views and may be valid at society level. However, for an individual, it is up to him/her to understand and follow this according to a situation. After all he is a human being like you and me and not a GOD!

thanks . this isolated small hews does not bear anything significant comparing to the world medical community who are just silent on his remarks . Any way another of his salvo in a meeting of doctors pl watch [ i think the latest]
Here is a man who has seen it all! He expresses his views after studying medicine. He has been honored internationally. Make your life from core and not just cortex alone.

Latest ads

Back