• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A group of frequent posters left this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father used to say very often that doctors are difficult patients.

I have also noticed the norm that one doctor is not supposed to charge from another for consultation.

I also know how it feels to be treated as if one were a hot potato -
to disposed off at the earliest for the simple reason that the person is an O.C. kiraakki! :)

Dear Visa Ji,

You know doctors dont make the worst patients but sometimes its hard being a patient.
You see docs are not supposed to charge fellow docs consultation and sometimes when we are sick and consult another doc many times we can feel that the other doc is trying to get rid of us as soon as possible from his/her room becos he/she is not getting paid for it.

I also have also noted that even if you ask a few questions another doc will say you are imagining it becos you are aware of the signs and symptoms.
This is really very irritating becos this can cause delay in diagnosis all becos the other doc doesnt want to take you seriously..this has happened 2 x to me and my diagnosis was delayed and treatment started late all becos the consultant thought I was imagining my symptoms.

Thats why I hate to fall sick and I always insists on paying consultation so that the other doc also gets his/her fee and also treats me well.

The early bird catches the worm. OK!

But what happens to the early worm?

It is the first one to get eaten. :tsk:

So one can be an early bird and read the controversial post before it is edited / modified / deleted / trashed.

But the worm which is the target of the post had better not be early - so that it can escape the harsh personal attacks!

You mean the angry young Ash? He might become a phoenix!

So it is a race between the moderator and the members.

who will be the first to get at the controversial post...

the editor or the reader?

At times it pays NOT to be an early worm :rolleyes:

good riddance to bad rubbish :)

Sounds a bit nasty if not hasty.
I think the point of contention could be post #19 and the specific statement
2. I think there are still non-brahmins and non-hindus being allowed to say whatever they want to say, praising swamijis and all. If at all, this forum should entertain only the views and upadesams of our brahmin acharyas like sringeri and kanchi and the rest should not be.
was not adequately presented and therefore misinterpreted.
He probably meant that for clarifications on rituals, practices, dos and dont and interpretation of Sastram and Scriptures, TBs should rely only on Brahmin Archaryas and not others, since Archaryas have more deeper context, authority etc., This sounds very sane, but as usual hurriedly mis read and exterminated by our fellow members. Sad !!
The members in this forum find one Iyer has more wisdom and knowledge that is more valuable and hence more welcome showered than to this Brahmin who they think deserves to be chased away. Sri Sarma-61 should have been more patient and approachable and not mimiced Iyer in his style and language and could have proven to be more valuable.

Last edited:
He probably meant that for clarifications on rituals, practices, dos and dont and interpretation of Sastram and Scriptures, TBs should rely only on Brahmin Archaryas and not others, since Archaryas have more deeper context, authority etc., This sounds very sane, but as usual hurriedly mis read and exterminated by our fellow members. Sad !!

What is the percentage of my brahmanatwa worth? I do not know. Just because I was born in a Brahman family and follow some other practice, or my name is iyer, iyyagar, shstrigal does not make me smarter than "john Doe". We have some very learned people (Acharyas) who are ignorant of some aspects of life. There are brilliant gurus (swamiji) who are to be revered for their knowledge.

I like that we have people here who are learned ( Brahmins or NON-Brahmins). We have to be very mindful of this fact. The forum rule clearly states that ALL are welcome. So rude and insensitive comments should not be made and should not be tolerated against any member of this forum.

Dear Brahmanyan sir and visaji:
Dear "Servall",
I meant "Samvadha" as discussions at equal level, as in "Krishnaarjuna Samvadha" in "Bhagavad Gita", I am sorry the word has led to wrong meanings.
Yes I am aware what you meant by samvedha..my post was only in humour....
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back