• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A group of frequent posters left this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
If at all, this forum should entertain only the views and upadesams of our brahmin acharyas like sringeri and kanchi and the rest should not be.

If what I write is not to the liking of some, then why drive away some who go a few steps more and hold that god is all imagination, brahmins are bad, and many brahmin notions are superstitions, etc?

By having a "brahmins only" forum or a "few selected views" what good does it do?

In real life one mingles well with everyone - be it hindu/muslim or christian. So can one say i only want to work in a place where hindus are working or i only want to eat in a restaurant where only hindus are cooking!

Thats an absurd statement in this time and age. One has to accept that being a closed community does no good to us. How do you know if the many Brahmin notions are not superstitions? Are they still valid in the current scenario where every teenage boy and girl is keen on rap and hip hop songs?

Just like how a few brahmins are bad, there are a few non brahmins who are good and who are supportive of us.

End of it, the glass is either half full or half empty just as how one sees it.

Last edited:
Respectable members,
If at all, this forum should entertain only the views and upadesams of our brahmin acharyas like sringeri and kanchi and the rest should not be.

Sringeri maTha and Kanchi maTha do have their own websites. do not they? What is the point in making this website a "mirror image" of their website?

Yes SIR! without a doubt. I almost :faint:

I do not understand. Please bear with me for being a bit dense. Now I checked up (points for reputation - under head "experience"). My point for reputation is suddenly 178!!!! and yours have gone up from 11 to 44. I think there is some craziness here!!!

You are too quick my dear. I wrote my piece with you in mind. It is good that you are a good sport.

Thanks for kind thoughts...well you can say I am a sporting cos I cant really hold SarmaJi "wrong" of still seeing people as Brahmin or Non Brahmin cos I still till some extent feel very comfortable with those of my own religion and would want my son in future to marry preferably a Hindu..so since I still have my preferences, Sarma Ji is also entitled to his preferences but I was just letting him know that NBs too like hanging out here.

Just to add a quote.

A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind. - Lewis Mumford

The point is to use that opposition to enhance our knowledge and understanding. And the key element is that one must have an open mind to embrace that opposition. Finding fault is easy. But working towards rectifying that fault is a lot difficult.

I can throw stones at you and you can at me. The end result would be both of us would be badly bruised. But if i move away from that area, however you throw it is not going to harm me in any way. And after a point of time, you will be tired and you will also move away.

I guess even one of our Hindu scriptures says something like that. (Sorry i am not that well versed in our scriptures to quote it immediately).

<edited and removed>
What prasadji said is not objectionable nor is invalid. Just as how you have shared your views in this thread, he has done so.

Last edited by a moderator:
<edited>

If there is something that you need to talk about the site or about me, feel free to send me a private message or email me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Ozone we have been on the same side of arguments before. I agree with you on number of post.
I would let Praveen and Mr. KRS to run the website. Like Ms. Renuka said we are all guests here. It is difficult and thankless task to run a website. We all try the limits of their patience. So I would not like to challenge their limits. Please try to understand their position.

Sri Prasad,
Sure I do. They have my appreciations, sympathies, thanks etc., etc.,
I found their messages were confusing to me.
(I now see Sri. Praveen having replied and I am in line with that thinking, so
1. I hope he did not see it as challenging them.
2. this reply is only for the sake of completion.)
If they feel they have thought through and made the right decision, then they should stick to it and only communicate that part and leave the decision to the individuals. I can understand the feeling of members who want to put pressure. But the moderators also joining alongside the chorus did not do good to the cause or to the actions taken. This invitation to them to come back made me feel the forum is open for negotiations or reconsideration. When they have not been asked to go, I felt there was no need for the moderators to reinvite them.
Hope this helps explains my thinking.

When they have not been asked to go, I felt there was no need for the moderators to reinvite them.

It does not do any harm either :)

If they feel they have thought through and made the right decision, then they should stick to it and only communicate that part and leave the decision to the individuals.

Oh yes, as i said, we have not asked any one to leave.

But the moderators also joining alongside the chorus did not do good to the cause or to the actions taken.

Moderators are also members.

This invitation to them to come back made me feel the forum is open for negotiations or reconsideration.

It is upto the individual concerned to leave the door open or close it. In some rare cases, if the member wants to come back it comes with a few conditions to ensure a repeat of what happened does not occur.

I found their messages were confusing to me.

As i said above, our actions are taken based on the topic of discussion and not who is participating. If something does not hold good in a topic, we intervene and ask questions/moderate.

We all understand a public forum that is open to all beliefs, especially that talks significantly about personal religion and beliefs , will need to accomodate multiple opinions, debates and disagreements. There will be frequent cases, as we have seen so many times, of individuals making very sensitive comments that might hurt the core beliefs of others. Some may be able to take it and some may not.

Personally, I must admit that I have seen very interesting topics where I have learnt from some of the senior members here; however, I have also seen double standards, e.g. some atheists will give the courtesy of giving their children the rope to learn and compare various faiths and let them make their own decisions to go forward (including to be believers in contrary to their own belief system) in their lives, yet come here and give another prescription how theism is wrought with all inadequacies and how ONLY SET or non-religion or non-God is the cure of all in this world, thus imposing their views of another section of people who have already made up their mind that they truly believe in God and religion!!

Many times I have been tired of hearing brahmin bashing that may have happened centuries past, and harping on the same theme as soon as someone mentions brahmin!! I would have loved to see learned members to discuss exciting opportunities to go forward in spite of what wrongs a community may have done, instead of short of crucifying the present brahmin community. Glorifying EVR may be ok for some members, they also must realize that there are some members here who have seen with their own eyes the other side of EVR too, and they have the right to voice their feelings against EVR.

At the end of the day, who chooses to stay and contribute, or leave is individual's choice; a public forum should not exist based on beliefs of only certain individuals, and if I choose to stay I need to abide by common courtesies. We should actively encourage new comers so we get to hear many different views of religion and beliefs. I agree with Praveen wholeheartedly:

It is upto the individual concerned to leave the door open or close it. In some rare cases, if the member wants to come back it comes with a few conditions to ensure a repeat of what happened does not occur.

As for Mr. Iyer: I enjoy your commentary of life in general and your beliefs about being a human with humanism; but sadly, people have perceived your remarks as attacking individual faith, your stand as 'know-it-all' attitude, not providing accurate answers to genuine questions. You sound like a person who can contribute very positively and we look forward to your posts with concrete answers. Personally it does not matter to me what your beliefs are, but hope you can stand by your belief by providing the rest by courteous and concrete debate.

Peace out!!

If the participants stick on to "Forum Rules", most of the friction can be avoided. No one should forget that here in the Forum all are equal and the discussions are held in "Samvada".

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Dear Renu!
Never ever say that you are a non brahmin. You are more brahmin than most of us here - with your wide and deep knowledge in Sanskrit and scriptures - not to forget medicine. :hug:

Dear Sarma Ji,

What yaar..we Non Brahmins also like to hang out here saying something or the other.
After all most of the Swamijis are also revered by TBs too.

I always knew that "Nature abhors vacuum."

When one person steps out another takes his place

and walks in his shoes - so that we really do not need
to miss anyone here!
:bump2:

Doctors will be the worst patients ever.

I am sure Renu will confirm this :)

In the same way the debaters will not like

to become the subject of debate.

Yet look the Statistics in ~ 13 hours!!!

I always knew that "Nature abhors vacuum."

When one person steps out another takes his place

and walks in his shoes - so that we really do not need
to miss anyone here!
:bump2:

I think the new one has quit too!!! I chanced to read his posting before it was edited. It was sort of a good bye message

You mean the angry young Ash? He might become a phoenix!

So it is a race between the moderator and the members.

who will be the first to get at the controversial post...

the editor or the reader?

At times it pays NOT to be an early worm :rolleyes:

I think the new one has quit too!!! I chanced to read his posting before it was edited. It was sort of a good bye message

Forum must be open to all. But that does not mean that when some so called (or claimed) rationalists indulge in indiscriminate criticism of brahmins, scriptures and way of life, that should be tolerated.

Since no one has signed off with an exit message, I think they will be back after a cooling period. There are enough rationalists to fill their place.

By having a "brahmins only" forum or a "few selected views" what good does it do?

In real life one mingles well with everyone - be it hindu/muslim or christian. So can one say i only want to work in a place where hindus are working or i only want to eat in a restaurant where only hindus are cooking!

Thats an absurd statement in this time and age. One has to accept that being a closed community does no good to us. How do you know if the many Brahmin notions are not superstitions? Are they still valid in the current scenario where every teenage boy and girl is keen on rap and hip hop songs?

Just like how a few brahmins are bad, there are a few non brahmins who are good and who are supportive of us.

End of it, the glass is either half full or half empty just as how one sees it.

A very good pun sir! :becky:

A really cool one!!! :clap2:

Just like the cooled and served 'thayir vadai'

with the chopped coriander leaves and kaaraaboondhi sprinkled on it.

Even when we think of it the mouth starts watering isn't it ?:hungry:

Dear Vishaji:

Are these vadas tastier than 'Thayir Vada'????

Just kidding :rockon:

Doctors will be the worst patients ever.

I am sure Renu will confirm this :)

In the same way the debaters will not like

to become the subject of debate.

Yet look the Statistics in ~ 13 hours!!!

Dear Visa Ji,

You know doctors dont make the worst patients but sometimes its hard being a patient.
You see docs are not supposed to charge fellow docs consultation and sometimes when we are sick and consult another doc many times we can feel that the other doc is trying to get rid of us as soon as possible from his/her room becos he/she is not getting paid for it.

I also have also noted that even if you ask a few questions another doc will say you are imagining it becos you are aware of the signs and symptoms.
This is really very irritating becos this can cause delay in diagnosis all becos the other doc doesnt want to take you seriously..this has happened 2 x to me and my diagnosis was delayed and treatment started late all becos the consultant thought I was imagining my symptoms.

Thats why I hate to fall sick and I always insists on paying consultation so that the other doc also gets his/her fee and also treats me well.

Last edited:
Dear "Servall",

I meant "Samvadha" as discussions at equal level, as in "Krishnaarjuna Samvadha" in "Bhagavad Gita", I am sorry the word has led to wrong meanings.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back