• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘Blind faith is bad for society’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some days ago, I had written about a distant relative of mine (now no more) who used to have various gods like rama, krishna, siva, vishnu, etc., appear before him and, at times also say things to him, etc. As you are a doctor, you are the better authority to decide whether all these gods— with one neck and so many pairs of hands, many heads, peculiar faces like elephant's, lion's, wild boar's, etc., exist, and why they do not appear to all people.

Dear Sangom ji,

Coming to dreams and visions..it is really hard to know whose experience is true and whose is an imagination.

Personally I myself have had many such dreams and experiences which have turned out very useful and also informative and has helped my understanding of religion better.

So its really hard to proof whose visions and dreams are real and whose are imaginations.

So if you ask me why this occurs to some people and why this does not occur to others..its hard to really say.

But I have seen many people who even claim to come in trance and say that all Gods are lining up to get into their body.

I wrote in forum a few days ago that I had seen a case of a person who claimed to be possessed by 4 ghosts and was screaming in pain.

Just a simple pep talk with a religious undertone managed to calm the person down without the need of medication.

The human mind is something till today many of us do not really understand.

At times I myself wonder why I have got visions and dreams.

Did my mind create these situations for such a dream to occur or was it really meant to be?

Are dreams just unmet desires of the waking state that takes shape in the mind at night and all these takes forms of various Divinities and gives us visions?

I wonder?

Some answers I will never know. But one thing for sure I know I havent lost touch with reality...but then again even the insane claim they havent lost touch with reality!.

So I will never really know!LOL

Last edited:
Counter question: Do you think astrology is blind faith? There is no independent thinking - it is thinking conditioned by a different set of standards and process.

73% of americans believe in virgin birth of jesus. Do you?

What is astrology's success rate? Do u have any statistics?

Are you one of 73%?

You must ask and get an answer from a person who has consulted and benefited. For him the probability of success is one. Edison said that he failed 10000 times before making a working electric bulb. For him the probability of success is one in 10000, for this invention. Moral is to be specific and not general.

Statistics can be used to prove or disprove any hypothesis using innovative techniques - framing of questions, data collection method, grading of responses, dumping responses which are not in line with wishes.

The famous tv psephologist yogendra yadhav (now aap leader) inadvertently slipped on a tv coverage of gujarat election results with the observation that they discarded the responses which predicted a modi win.

What is astrology's success rate? Do u have any statistics?

Are you one of 73%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back