• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

​Curry lovers beware of Spices Banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

This is a forwarded message I got this week. Khas Khas (கச கசா) is commonly used in Karnataka and other States in the Kheer and other sweets. Since it is classified under poppy seeds of Papaver somniferum family many Countries have banned its use.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​Curry lovers beware!​

Spices banned

Dear Friends,

Yesterday only I came to know of a case from a friend of mine which is very scary. One of his friends was traveling to UK via Dubai. Unfortunately he was carrying a packet of Khas Khas which is a commonly used spice in some Indian curries and sweets. Khas Khas is also known as poppy seed which can be sprouted to grow narcotics (afeem etc.).

This innocent person did not know that recently the laws in UAE and other Gulf countries have been revised and carrying Khas Khas is punishable with minimum 20 years of imprisonment or even worse with death penalty . Currently, the person is in a jail in Dubai for the last two weeks. His friends are frantically trying hard for his release but are finding that this has become a very very serious case. Lawyers are asking huge fees amounting to AED 100,000 even to appear in the court to plead for his innocence.

Please forward this email to all you know specially in India They should know the seriousness of this matter and should never ever carry even minutest quantities of the following items when traveling to Gulf countries:

1. Khas Khas whether raw, roasted or cooked.
2. Paan
3. Beetle nut (supari and its products, e.g. Paan Parag etc.)

The penalties are very severe and it could destroy the life of an innocent person.

I appeal to you to create the awareness by forwarding this email to all you know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a forwarded message I got this week. Khas Khas (கச கசா) is commonly used in Karnataka and other States in the Kheer and other sweets. Since it is classified under poppy seeds of Papaver somniferum family many Countries have banned its use.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

​Curry lovers beware!​

Spices banned

Dear Friends,

Yesterday only I came to know of a case from a friend of mine which is very scary. One of his friends was traveling to UK via Dubai. Unfortunately he was carrying a packet of Khas Khas which is a commonly used spice in some Indian curries and sweets. Khas Khas is also known as poppy seed which can be sprouted to grow narcotics (afeem etc.).

This innocent person did not know that recently the laws in UAE and other Gulf countries have been revised and carrying Khas Khas is punishable with minimum 20 years of imprisonment or even worse with death penalty . Currently, the person is in a jail in Dubai for the last two weeks. His friends are frantically trying hard for his release but are finding that this has become a very very serious case. Lawyers are asking huge fees amounting to AED 100,000 even to appear in the court to plead for his innocence.

Please forward this email to all you know specially in India They should know the seriousness of this matter and should never ever carry even minutest quantities of the following items when traveling to Gulf countries:

1. Khas Khas whether raw, roasted or cooked.
2. Paan
3. Beetle nut (supari and its products, e.g. Paan Parag etc.)

The penalties are very severe and it could destroy the life of an innocent person.

I appeal to you to create the awareness by forwarding this email to all you know.

This is indeed valuable information. Other than cutting and pasting this message into multiple emails, is there a way to forward this info to Facebook/Twitter accounts?
If the forum does not have such a feature, I would suggest to Praveen ji to look into adding this feature/facility.

That's quite unfortunate!. Hope he gets out safe.
In few weeks, heading to US via Doha and thought of carrying some items for friends. Now shall caution them too.

Thanks for valuable info.

Dear Brahmanyan Ji,

Many countries forbid carrying of Poppy seeds.I thought this was a well known fact.

It is classified under narcotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back