• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"ஸ்ரீ''- ஒரு விளக்கம் - Dinamani Velli mani 14-11-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRji,

1.You have heard the two views-one from a cynic for whom God exists but does not exist the way all other human beings in this world believe him to be existing , one who would liberally use terms like 'probably', 'it is estimated....' 'it is said to be...' 'it is widely believed...'etc., which all are highly tentative in meaning/content. They mean nothing effectively. The advice given by our in-house cynic is on expected lines. A friend who suffered from hallucinations is recalled to scare you.

2.The other is always ready with a personal experience to narrate to just like our knowledgeable cynic. The only difference is that this friend also advises you liberally to be careful. Short of telling you that you are having hallucinations, this friend is diplomatic enough to convey the same meaning to you all the same in so many words. Personal experience is brought in take the severity of the blow away.

3. There is nothing wrong with you. Thirukkachchi Nambi used to have conversations with the God. There is no need to reveal your conversations with the God or even the fact that you have such conversations to any one here. Keep it personal. Keep studying those encounters and keep assessing them. If you find any reason to abandon the sessions, boldly dump them and just be yourself. If you enjoy and benefit from such sessions keep going. Ultimately what matters is your happiness in this world. Take care. Just do not bother about what people, including me, say. All the best.

Smt. JR and Smt. Renuka,

Knowing you both as very polite and polished ladies from your various posts in this forum, I can only wish sincerely that your hallucination-like experiences do not take you down the hill as age increases.

Dear Sangom ji,

I have been very open about my experiences from day 1 of forum even my "ghost" experiences that is why I could understand what JR is relating becos she too seems to be like me in "divine' and 'evil" experiences.

So far I am very sane and have not yet crossed the line of sanity.

For now I really appreciate your concern but in event if I really become insane I will surely open an Ashram and become a Mataji!LOL

The best Gurus are insane ones...no one knows religion better than an insane person!LOL

2.The other is always ready with a personal experience to narrate to just like our knowledgeable cynic. The only difference is that this friend also advises you liberally to be careful. Short of telling you that you are having hallucinations, this friend is diplomatic enough to convey the same meaning to you all the same in so many words. Personal experience is brought in take the severity of the blow away.

LOL! Are you talking about me?

I think you got it all wrong if you were talking about me.

I was being honest in my reply..stating the pros and cons of the gift of divine and evil experiences.

I am quite a Nerukku Ner person..Vettu Onnu Thundu Rendu in approach...so I was not trying to play diplomat and whisper sweet nothings to cover up so called bitter words. If I hit I really hit...if I kiss I really kiss! So no fake words from me.

It was an honest and sincere reply to a person who shares similar abilities.

Last edited:
JRji,

1.You have heard the two views-one from a cynic for whom God exists but does not exist the way all other human beings in this world believe him to be existing , one who would liberally use terms like 'probably', 'it is estimated....' 'it is said to be...' 'it is widely believed...'etc., which all are highly tentative in meaning/content. They mean nothing effectively. The advice given by our in-house cynic is on expected lines. A friend who suffered from hallucinations is recalled to scare you.

3. There is nothing wrong with you. Thirukkachchi Nambi used to have conversations with the God. There is no need to reveal your conversations with the God or even the fact that you have such conversations to any one here. Keep it personal. Keep studying those encounters and keep assessing them. If you find any reason to abandon the sessions, boldly dump them and just be yourself. If you enjoy and benefit from such sessions keep going. Ultimately what matters is your happiness in this world. Take care. Just do not bother about what people, including me, say. All the best.

I think you are right, Vaagmi ji! But I think the person in number #2 was only relating her own experience that are similar to mine, more than anything. But I agree with you with fact #1 and #3. I shall keep your sound advice in my mind, after my post to Shri Sangom ji. Thank you for the kind words.

One should NOT overload the brain & do everything in Moderation !!If you think, talk too much about someone or something, then it will appear in our dreams. For eg, when a student studies for months & years, he will see solutions to his problems in his dreams. So bhakthi also should be in moderation … 2 hrs – 4 hrs max a day..Overloading your brain will lead to psychiatric issues in the long run… similarly if you overload any other part of the body, you will end up with RSI – repetitive stress injuries…Moderation in everything la…

One should NOT overload the brain & do everything in Moderation !!If you think, talk too much about someone or something, then it will appear in our dreams. For eg, when a student studies for months & years, he will see solutions to his problems in his dreams. So bhakthi also should be in moderation … 2 hrs – 4 hrs max a day..Overloading your brain will lead to psychiatric issues in the long run… similarly if you overload any other part of the body, you will end up with RSI – repetitive stress injuries…Moderation in everything la…

Agreed! That is why some who over loaded their brains with racism only see racism everywhere and have become Anti USA.

The truth is that in the waking state they keep reciting "Sare Jahan Se Accha Hindustan Hamara" but in their dreams they sing "Born In The USA"

What they totally dislike is what they secretly desire..their dreams are stripes of red and white and Uncle Obama.

So they are utterly confused yaar!LOL

BTW the Malay word is written as "Lah" its not La like what most people who do not know Malay write.

JRji,

Smt. JR,

You have now got the "final" decision from the in-house person who will not use expressions like 'probably', 'it is estimated....' 'it is said to be...' 'it is widely believed...'etc. And when he says 'Thirukkachchi Nambi used to have conversations with the God', you can take it that our learned member was present there and is an ear-witness!

I have not been trained in such an art, but what I wrote was not about a friend, but a person distantly related to me. The sad part of the case was that the said person was the son of a vaadhyar (smartha, of course) and the wife was also from a traditional family and so for too long a time the whole family remained smugly happy that their mama was such a great bhakta; but when the wrong side of the so-called bhakti started becoming a real threat they became completely unnerved, not knowing what to do.

I will therefore, suggest that you try consciously and deliberately not to "cultivate" these phenomena and if you are fortunate enough, you will slowly be weaned away as you grow in age and your body undergoes changes. As Renuka ji rightly observes, "The best Gurus are insane ones...no one knows religion better than an insane person!". I think even Vaishnavas know only certain facets of Thirukachi Nambi's life; we don't know what happened to him except that he is said to have attained moksham (that is my style, but our final arbiter may say Nambigal attained moksham (and I was witness to it!)).

2. < Clipped >

3. < Clipped > Ultimately what matters is your happiness in this world. Take care. Just do not bother about what people, including me, say. All the best.[/QUOTE]

Yes, ultimately it is your happiness in this world that matters. Some types of 'happinesses' which are very temporary may lead to permanent unhappiness, the usual examples being smoking, drinking, etc. But there are also certain things which may at first appear very pleasing but later on prove very uncomfortable, like the ouija board we discussed elsewhere.

Dear Sangom ji,

first of all, I believe that divine visions and communications happen only for the prepared soul. That is why, not everyone gets them inspite of being devoted. By preparedness, I mean not only a reasonably subdued ego, but also a personality that will not get swayed into hallucinations of any kind that might happen if someone is exposed to supernatural experiences. I am very level-headed when it comes to these aspects - of not hallucinating things on my own and thus not prone into psychological disorders. You comparing divine experiences and communication with almost being a 'psychopath' is very unreasonable and unfortunate. because, I re-iterate, the divine doesn't grant anything to an unprepared and ego-ridden soul or someone who will misuse this divine communication for gaining personal benefits in the form of name, fame or riches.

My first visions happened on 29th Nov 2009 and it was followed by a sequence of visions - all happened at night time when I just lay down for the night. After a sequence of such communications, nothing happened at all for the past 5 yrs. So you see, for me, it hasn't interfered with my normal personality or behavior in any way. And these communications seemed to ba an advice from Sri Rama against me worshiping a few deities, whose identity I cannot reveal but to whom I was praying along with Sri Rama those times...

Dear Sangom ji,

first of all, I believe that divine visions and communications happen only for the prepared soul. That is why, not everyone gets them inspite of being devoted. By preparedness, I mean not only a reasonably subdued ego, but also a personality that will not get swayed into hallucinations of any kind that might happen if someone is exposed to supernatural experiences. I am very level-headed when it comes to these aspects - of not hallucinating things on my own and thus not prone into psychological disorders. You comparing divine experiences and communication with almost being a 'psychopath' is very unreasonable and unfortunate. because, I re-iterate, the divine doesn't grant anything to an unprepared and ego-ridden soul or someone who will misuse this divine communication for gaining personal benefits in the form of name, fame or riches.

My first visions happened on 29th Nov 2009 and it was followed by a sequence of visions - all happened at night time when I just lay down for the night. After a sequence of such communications, nothing happened at all for the past 5 yrs. So you see, for me, it hasn't interfered with my normal personality or behavior in any way. And these communications seemed to ba an advice from Sri Rama against me worshiping a few deities, whose identity I cannot reveal but to whom I was praying along with Sri Rama those times...

I have my own views, as an ordinary man with no proof that I have a soul or that it is a "prepared soul". My ego is not very subdued. Nevertheless, hallucinations are hallucinations and they differ from real happenings. More than these few words may not, I think, be appropriate at this stage. Yet I wish you all the best in this life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back