• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பொம்பளை சிரிச்சா,உதைச்சா,பார்த்தா போச்ச&

Status
Not open for further replies.
எப்படியும் சிரிக்கலாம் - 3

:happy: . . . :biggrin1: . . . :madgrin: . . . :bounce:

Hi
I have been hearing about Laughing Clubs in Bombay and Madras. BBC or Channel 4 in London showed one such club on the Marina beach, Chennai. They say laugh would cure a lot of things. So there may be truth in Laughter cures diseases.

I was fortunate to learn Carnatic music under the tutelage of Sangeetha KalAnidhi Dr. S. Ramanathan. I write the notation of

songs very fast (music + maths is a good combination!!) and was fondly nicknamed 'notation Raji'! Once, my Guru declared that

I am an asset to that particular group of students. I told him, 'அசெட் - ஆ இருந்தால் இஷ்டம் , சார்! அசடா இருந்தால்தான்

கஷ்டம்!' ('asset - aa irundhaal ishtam, Sir! asadA irundhaalthaan kashtam!') He laughed and asked me to join the humor club

in Triplicane where people assemble every Sunday to :lol: ! But, hmmmmmmm... I could not!! :tsk:

idhu pudhu mozhi
'வாய்விட்டுச் சிரித்தால், நோய் விட்டுப் போகும்!', என்கின்றார்களே!
idhu pazhamozhi.

pudhumozhikkut teriyumO it is just an apprentice under pazhamozhi and so it has to be taken with a grain of salt?
:heh:

I laugh at the slightest opportunity. You look for the "seniority" of the saying - categorising them as an apprentice/trainee/on probation. Choice is yours. You are after all MAHAkavi.

அசெட்டா இருந்தா புகழ்வேளா அசடா இருந்தால் வெறுப்பேளா?

Hi
I have been hearing about Laughing Clubs in Bombay and Madras. BBC or Channel 4 in London showed one such club on the Marina beach, Chennai. They say laugh would cure a lot of things. So there may be truth in Laughter cures diseases.
Yes these laughing club people will laugh only between 8 and 9 am. Is it not really laughable? பொம்பளே சிரிச்சா போச்சு, புகையிலை விரிச்சா போச்சு.

The first phrase relates "Draupadi". I do not know how many people in this forum enjoy chewing tobacco to know the meaning of the second phrase.

Yes these laughing club people will laugh only between 8 and 9 am. Is it not really laughable? பொம்பளே சிரிச்சா போச்சு, புகையிலை விரிச்சா போச்சு.

The first phrase relates "Draupadi". I do not know how many people in this forum enjoy chewing tobacco to know the meaning of the second phrase.

While the schedule for laughing is limited to 8-9 AM for the convenience of people in an organized way, that is artificial laughter and I heard that they break into laughter as a chain reaction without any reason such as humor, or wit. I don't think you can cheat the mind into releasing endorphins by that technique. I bet if the technique of PET (positron emission tomography) is used on such people it would be positive.

பொம்பளே சிரிச்சா போச்சு-----> While the origin for this saying could have been Draupadi's ridicule of DuryOdhana, it is considered immodest for women to do so since men may misconstrue that smile/laughter and it could invite trouble for women. In the current environment it is not considered so.

புகையிலை விரிச்சா போச்சு. -----> Tobacco keeps its pungent volatile components in the leaf. Once it is sun-dried (or oven-dried these days) the leaves curl up and the pungent components are trapped inside. Once you unfurl the rolled up tobacco leaf the volatile components escape and thus the tobacco loses its pungency. That is the scientific basis for this saying.

Very Interesting ! Dr S Ramanathan and my family rented one house at Goods shed Street in Madurai. We were there for a few years and then both the families moved out. We know all his sons and daughters and they know all of us.He was a great musician and musicologist. You are lucky to learn music from him.

dear sir !
if the tobacco is kept open ,it will loose its karam &you will not get the real kick. i am not a tobacco user in any form . my father was using the ratinam pattinam powder made of tobacco.
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back