• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பிரசர் குக்கரில் நேரடியாக சமைத்தால்

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear raghy,

after nearly 40 years, i had the experience of buying a slice of jackfruit, greasing my hands, and peeling fruish juicy honey sweet plumpy cheeked fruits the past weekend. available at oceans supermarket in mississauga and brampton. just yesterday i roasted the kottais dry in the oven, and had the gratification cycle completed 360 degrees :)

unfortunately the stuff did not agree with mrs K. so poor me had to finish all of it myself - about 20 choLais in all. :(

not bragging, but i have heard that we even get kaavaththu kazhangu here. should check on it. what is kali without kk?

kalam kaarthaala Chaka pazham pathi pesi Naaku ooraradhu.. sorry to hear Mrs K could not enjoy it.. I was very lucky that my old landlord a malayalee of course.. :) found full chakkai and chamatha urichu palla palla nnu irukaradhukku velichayennai thadavi, azhaghaa arrange panni kondu vandhaan, for my daughter's mehendhi, we just wanted to have some fun, I was so touched and everyone was so thrilled to eat it and the in laws my the mapillai's friends who have never seen it had a go at it..

I remember, my dad and I would finish off half a medium chakai in two days.. crazy..

O kaavathu kizhangu I have seen in NJ and also used to make the curry with it along with the kali.. Inge I have not found all the yummy stuff yet.. have to explore a little more.. :)

Unga expression of chakai made me laugh "sweet plumpy cheeked fruits" brought so many beautiful memories.. :)) by the way do you know Yamuna and Swami in Toronto???

Last edited:
Sri.Kunjuppu, Greetings.

With reference to your post #72, I realise I was trying to sell coal to newcastle!:) Shall we say, I got carried away? ;) Of course, you would know more about using jack fruit seeds than I would even imagine.

Now I guess, I should adopt 'குப்புற விழுந்தாலும் மீசையில் மண் ஒட்டவில்லை' stance :biggrin1:...... Back in India, in our local market, we used to get jack fruit from Dindukkal and Tanjavoor regions. Very firm Chulais (சுளை); very tasty too. I used to enjoy barbecuing those seeds in the charcoal ember bed in the குமுட்டி அடுப்பு. The only trouble was, it took for ever to have them cooked!

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy Subhalakshmi, greetings.

.....found full chakkai and chamatha urichu palla palla nnu irukaradhukku velichayennai thadavi, azhaghaa arrange panni kondu vandhaan, for my daughter's mehendhi,..

Thanks for the idea Boss! One Mehandhi comes up next month. Now I have one more idea for that occassion..... Cool!

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy Subhalakshmi, greetings.

Thanks for the idea Boss! One Mehandhi comes up next month. Now I have one more idea for that occassion..... Cool!

Cheers!

Hey glad to have inspired you.. I am happy.. :) see talking too much has its own benefits.. hehehehee!!!! :)

சக்கக் கொட்டையை அதன் தோல் காயும் வரை வைத்து, அதை லேசாக வெல்லம் உடைக்கும் கல்லால் தட்டி,

உள்ளே இருக்கும் பருப்பை (!) எடுத்து, சின்னத் துண்டுகளாக்கி, வதக்குக் கறி போலச் செய்து சாப்பிட்டால்.........

ஆஹா.. அதுவே ருசி! கொஞ்சம் பெருங்காயம் சேர்த்துவிட்டால் வயிறும் காப்பாற்றப்படும்! பலாச் சுளை உண்ண

முடியாத இனிப்புக் குருதிக்காரர்கள், இதை தாராளமாக உண்ணலாம். சின்ன வயதில், சக்கக் கொட்டை இடிக்கும்

வே
லைக்கு, நான் - நீ என்று போட்டி போட்ட ஞாபகம்!

சக்கக் கொட்டையை அதன் தோல் காயும் வரை வைத்து, அதை லேசாக வெல்லம் உடைக்கும் கல்லால் தட்டி,

உள்ளே இருக்கும் பருப்பை (!) எடுத்து, சின்னத் துண்டுகளாக்கி, வதக்குக் கறி போலச் செய்து சாப்பிட்டால்.........

ஆஹா.. அதுவே ருசி! கொஞ்சம் பெருங்காயம் சேர்த்துவிட்டால் வயிறும் காப்பாற்றப்படும்! பலாச் சுளை உண்ண

முடியாத இனிப்புக் குருதிக்காரர்கள், இதை தாராளமாக உண்ணலாம். சின்ன வயதில், சக்கக் கொட்டை இடிக்கும்

வே
லைக்கு, நான் - நீ என்று போட்டி போட்ட ஞாபகம்!

dear raji, we call this chakka kottai upperi :) i agree with you re its taste 101%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back